Over The Air (OTA) Software Update D.1.0.7

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2018, 07:56 PM
Instructor

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts
You're correct. There is no context for your blanket statement. It's like saying the sky is blue.
Old 12-15-2018, 07:59 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 167 Likes on 124 Posts
Siri is not CarPlay. That video has nothing to do with CarPlay. Just being factual and setting the record straight.
Old 12-15-2018, 08:03 PM
Instructor

I've read all the posts. I've read nothing about anyone expecting their phone to interface with car play without plugging it in. What most people are talking about is side effects and failures of the updated software.
Old 12-15-2018, 08:06 PM
Burning Brakes

^^^read post #237

"In order to make the most of Car Play the iPhone has to be plugged in"

CarPlay will not work at all without being plugged in. There is no other way to "make the most of CarPlay". Just trying to correct an incorrect statement...that's all.
Old 12-15-2018, 08:14 PM
Instructor

#237 is correct. How is it different than your statement? I'm confused. The thread started talking about loosing SIRI functionality with the update.
Old 12-15-2018, 08:17 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Havasubum
#237 is correct. How is it different than your statement? I'm confused. The thread started talking about loosing SIRI functionality with the update.
OK... my last try at helping you understand. Siri is NOT CarPlay. You cannot make the MOST of CarPlay by plugging it in. You HAVE to plug it in to get anything out of CarPlay.
Old 12-15-2018, 09:03 PM
Advanced

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Do the vehicles that were sold with 1.0.7 have the dynamic modes across the left side of the screen instead of the bottom like the new update does for me? If not is it possible that the update from 1.0.4 to 1.0.7 has differences than the 1.0.7 pre loaded on vehicles?
Old 12-15-2018, 09:12 PM
Racer

Received 60 Likes on 41 Posts
Originally Posted by burn1010
Do the vehicles that were sold with 1.0.7 have the dynamic modes across the left side of the screen instead of the bottom like the new update does for me? If not is it possible that the update from 1.0.4 to 1.0.7 has differences than the 1.0.7 pre loaded on vehicles?
I updated to 1.0.7 and the dynamic modes are across the left side of the screen.

Billy
Old 12-15-2018, 09:27 PM
Pro

Received 196 Likes on 124 Posts
Really I know it has to be plugged! This is not my first vehicle with Car Play and I don't need you to clarify it in any kind of way PERIOD!
Old 12-15-2018, 09:29 PM
7th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I had my car for a week and everything are fine before i did the updated. Now my infotainment system does not shut down, I need to manually shut it off using the reboot method. Any of you guy having same issue?
Old 12-15-2018, 11:30 PM
Cruisin'

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
TigerSalmon, you probably need to take RDX to the dealership. They might have to re-install the infotainment software.
Old 12-15-2018, 11:31 PM
Advanced

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
I am very frustrated with the new software update. I purchased my Tech RDX in July and the only problem I have had is a rather annoying rattle seeming to come from above the rear passenger side door when I hit a bump with my right tires. Previously I used the long hold for Siri to make phone calls to anyone in my iPhone address book and also to verbally reply to texts both with my phone in my pocket. I was quite happy. The other night I tapped the system update button just to see if the update was available. I did not want to install it for many weeks until I read that there were no new problems. Then I would install it. The update was in fact there. I then NEVER tapped to install the update. I simply pushed the back button to get out of the system update screen. I also have never entered my home wifi password to my car. The next morning the new update had already been installed. Now Siri only works when plugged in to the USB (which is not what I usually care to do). So now calling is limited to the few "favorite" phone numbers (which I now must first re-enter) rather than to my entire address book which Siri always had access to. But more annoying is the fact that I cannot verbally reply to texts. Installing the update without my clicking INSTALL was not cool. I also have seen no benefit of the new update to me, but I do see a huge negative. This is not the progress I were all looking for with the update. I sure hope that Acura quickly corrects the wireless Siri problem.
Old 12-16-2018, 12:44 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by securityguy
OK... my last try at helping you understand. Siri is NOT CarPlay. You cannot make the MOST of CarPlay by plugging it in. You HAVE to plug it in to get anything out of CarPlay.
Actually this statement doesn't make any sense whatsoever. Friendly advice: it's best not talk down to people. I think most owners know quite a bit about their cars.
Old 12-16-2018, 01:12 AM
Drifting

Received 586 Likes on 432 Posts
Siri Eyes Free ( long push of steering wheel "voice" button with iPhone connected by Bluetooth but NOT by USB cable ) broke when I updated to D.1.0.7. Updating my iPhone from iOS 12.1 to 12.1.1 did NOT resurrect it. It seems to be momentarily activating Siri on the phone display, which I don't think is supposed to happen, but I seldom/never used it so I'm not sure about that.

If Apple CarPlay is active, the "voice" button activates Siri with a display on the main infotainment display, NOT "eyes free".

I'm gonna side with securityguy on this one: the statement in #237 was logically flawed. Whether it was worth a sustained kerfuffle over is another question.

If the infotainment system won't shut down, maybe try a hard reboot ( pull the fuse ), but if that doesn't work get it to the dealer. Sooner or later, it will drain the battery.

FWIW my tailgate is functioning normally.
For poltergeists in tailgate controls, maybe try resetting the limit for the tailgate. Owner's Manual ( Pg 170 ).

"The extent to which the power tailgate automatically opens can be programed.
To program:
1. Open the tailgate to the desired position.

If you want to reprogram the power tailgate to open all the way, manually raise the tailgate to its upper most position and follow the next step.

2. Press and hold the tailgate inner button until you hear short two beeps following one long buzzer."
The following users liked this post:
securityguy (12-16-2018)
Old 12-16-2018, 09:40 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by Wander
Siri Eyes Free ( long push of steering wheel "voice" button with iPhone connected by Bluetooth but NOT by USB cable ) broke when I updated to D.1.0.7. Updating my iPhone from iOS 12.1 to 12.1.1 did NOT resurrect it. It seems to be momentarily activating Siri on the phone display, which I don't think is supposed to happen, but I seldom/never used it so I'm not sure about that.

If Apple CarPlay is active, the "voice" button activates Siri with a display on the main infotainment display, NOT "eyes free".

I'm gonna side with securityguy on this one: the statement in #237 was logically flawed. Whether it was worth a sustained kerfuffle over is another question.

If the infotainment system won't shut down, maybe try a hard reboot ( pull the fuse ), but if that doesn't work get it to the dealer. Sooner or later, it will drain the battery.

FWIW my tailgate is functioning normally.
For poltergeists in tailgate controls, maybe try resetting the limit for the tailgate. Owner's Manual ( Pg 170 ).

"The extent to which the power tailgate automatically opens can be programed.
To program:
1. Open the tailgate to the desired position.

If you want to reprogram the power tailgate to open all the way, manually raise the tailgate to its upper most position and follow the next step.

2. Press and hold the tailgate inner button until you hear short two beeps following one long buzzer."
Very good information. There are at least 2 of us who had the tailgate open 3" during the update. I know mine has nothing to do with settings because I never set the tailgate to open to a lower position. This car is full of bugs that don't happen to everyone. I posted a video of my wife walking behind our car in the garage with the garage door closed. It opened unexpectedly. Luckily she parked forward enough or the tailgate would have been damaged by hitting the garage door. I duplicated it by walking by with my key in my hand. Then it stopped doing it. Frustratingly, Honda America doesn't care about the video. They chose to imply I doctored the video rather than sending it to their engineering team. That pretty much explains why so many people complain about their cars. Honda America is acting like rookies. They lack effective communication with their customers. I know they have bigger fish to fry right now. They have a huge problem with their 1.5L turbo engines in the CRV filling crankcases with gasoline. Their advice so far is to have owners change their oil every 500 miles. All their cars in China have been recalled. So far not in the USA.
Old 12-16-2018, 09:55 AM
Racer

Received 63 Likes on 45 Posts
Originally Posted by billyt1963
SO I have to know, where do you keep your phone? When in the car I keep my phone either in a case on my belt or in a side pocket on my pants. In either of those places the phone can't "hear" me say Hey Siri. I did take the phone out and it worked as you said.

I still miss the Siri Eyes Free. There are so many states that don't even want the phone out, so that is a great thing.

Billy
Siri Eyes Free now seems to be working for me on 1.0.7 over a Bluetooth connected iPhone. When I tried it before, there apparently was a response lag longer than I waited for before depressing the talk button again to leave that mode. Perhaps the processor in the infotainment system was busy doing something else. When I tried it again today, it seemed to be much more snappy responding and I am of the opinion that it is as it was in 1.0.4. Car Play seems to respond as documented via the Apple interface. Sorry for the false alarm on this.

You ask where I keep my phone. It is usually on the shelf under the Touchpad so I can easily plug it in to charge it or to connect to the data port to use Apple Play. I know there are various state and local laws on the handling and usage of the phone while driving but I have never heard of one limiting where it can be placed in the vehicle.
Old 12-16-2018, 03:50 PM
Drifting

Originally Posted by Havasubum
Very good information. There are at least 2 of us who had the tailgate open 3" during the update. I know mine has nothing to do with settings because I never set the tailgate to open to a lower position. This car is full of bugs that don't happen to everyone. I posted a video of my wife walking behind our car in the garage with the garage door closed. It opened unexpectedly. Luckily she parked forward enough or the tailgate would have been damaged by hitting the garage door. I duplicated it by walking by with my key in my hand. Then it stopped doing it. Frustratingly, Honda America doesn't care about the video. They chose to imply I doctored the video rather than sending it to their engineering team. That pretty much explains why so many people complain about their cars. Honda America is acting like rookies. They lack effective communication with their customers. I know they have bigger fish to fry right now. They have a huge problem with their 1.5L turbo engines in the CRV filling crankcases with gasoline. Their advice so far is to have owners change their oil every 500 miles. All their cars in China have been recalled. So far not in the USA.
If your RDX has the hands-free-access tailgate feature ( Advance trim or add-on accessory ), try turning it off in settings. In my experience it's spastic and not worth the trouble. I got surprised several times when I was loading one of my dogs into the car.

I didn't mean to imply that you ( or anyone else ) had set the tailgate to open 3" and stop, it's just one of many "advanced features" of the vehicle that has the potential to malfunction. The other thing that comes to mind is that there is a "closing motor" that takes over to close and latch the tailgate at the end of its travel. So there are two separate systems involved in raising or lowering the tailgate.

Good luck.
Old 12-16-2018, 04:01 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 257 Likes on 177 Posts
If your RDX has the hands-free-access tailgate feature ( Advance trim or add-on accessory ), try turning it off in settings. In my experience it's spastic and not worth the trouble...
I tend to agree with that assessment, and not just with the RDX. I've had the feature on other vehicles and never found it all that useful, and occasionally a hindrance.

Old 12-16-2018, 05:31 PM
Instructor

Thanks Wander. I turned the "kicking" motion feature off a long time ago after the tailgate closed on me at COSTCO while loading the car.
Old 12-16-2018, 07:52 PM
Racer

Received 36 Likes on 33 Posts
Damnn..still no Canadian OTA Software update yet..
Old 12-16-2018, 08:49 PM
7th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Twinbrings, Thanks for the advice. I am going to make an appointment , hope it will be a quick fix.
Old 12-17-2018, 06:26 AM
Instructor

Received 46 Likes on 32 Posts
If your RDX has the hands-free-access tailgate feature ( Advance trim or add-on accessory ), try turning it off in settings. In my experience it's spastic and not worth the trouble. I got surprised several times when I was loading one of my dogs into the car.

I didn't mean to imply that you ( or anyone else ) had set the tailgate to open 3" and stop, it's just one of many "advanced features" of the vehicle that has the potential to malfunction. The other thing that comes to mind is that there is a "closing motor" that takes over to close and latch the tailgate at the end of its travel. So there are two separate systems involved in raising or lowering the tailgate.

Good luck.
FWIW Dept. I use the hands-free feature all the time with zero malfunctions.
Old 12-17-2018, 06:38 AM
Pro

Received 227 Likes on 140 Posts
Originally Posted by MarineOne
FWIW Dept. I use the hands-free feature all the time with zero malfunctions.
Same here. It's one of the features on my RDX that works perfectly.
Old 12-17-2018, 10:42 AM
Instructor

Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts
I just updated the software that became available on 12/12 for the 2019 RDX & more issues surfaced that I did not have before. After install all favorites in Navigation as well as Phone were missing. When I tried to re-enter addresses in Navigation the system said they exist already but I can not see them as a favorate on the bottom. I'm able to put them on the home page but I'd rather not. Has anyone else come across this? If so how can I get them back on the bottom of the screen?
Old 12-17-2018, 11:12 AM
Drifting

Originally Posted by zroger73
Same here. It's one of the features on my RDX that works perfectly.
Congratulations. You won the lottery.

FWIW I have the hitch installed, so there is a replacement sensor to the left of the hitch receiver. About where my leg wants to go to avoid cracking my shin on the hitch.

Kinda wish I had just left it off, but I was worried the princess car would get upset.
zroger73 (12-17-2018)
Old 12-17-2018, 12:18 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by Mark S Long Island
I just updated the software that became available on 12/12 for the 2019 RDX & more issues surfaced that I did not have before. After install all favorites in Navigation as well as Phone were missing. When I tried to re-enter addresses in Navigation the system said they exist already but I can not see them as a favorate on the bottom. I'm able to put them on the home page but I'd rather not. Has anyone else come across this? If so how can I get them back on the bottom of the screen?
Yes Mark, I notice the same thing. Basically navigating to a "Favorite" using the touchpad is broken after the software upgrade as far as I can see. The favorites aren't visible at the bottom except for "HOME" and you can't reseed the favorites list from say most recent places because it says they are already a favorite if it was a favorite before the upgrade.. So it looks like it is a catch-22. Fortunately I can find destinations that I put in previously and used in "Recent Places" and can set up a trip from there. Also I put some in via the Acuralink download and those appear in "My Downloaded Places" and can set up a trip from there. For others that I want to add I might just wrestle with putting them in via Acuralink and download when the navigation system is initialized. I am not sure that taking it to a dealer does any good for a logic problem like this although I will mention it and show it when I take the vehicle in for the first oil change.. I plan to open an incident directly to Acura so at least they know about it and can get it in the queue for the next update.

I never added any phone favorites so I can't comment on that. I just use the contacts list that is on my iphone and say "Call XXXX" where "XXXX" is a name in my contacts list on the phone. That still works after the upgrade.

Last edited by gtssenior; 12-17-2018 at 12:27 PM.
Mark S Long Island (12-17-2018)
Old 12-17-2018, 12:44 PM
Instructor

Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts
Thumbs down

Good to hear I'm not alone in my frustration. This is my 3rd Acura & 2nd RDX but the way they rolled out the 3rd gen makes my think we all got conned & this will be my last Acura.
ALSO: After update I noticed when I go into Nav / Find under "Restaurants" or "Food" or Shopping or Gifts as well as Travel Agency it ALL blank showing no data at all. I known many if not all had placed before the 12th (older software) where in the world do they find qualified people to get this corrected once & for all.
Havasubum (12-17-2018)
Old 12-17-2018, 12:47 PM
Cruisin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The same thing happened to my favorites after the upgrade. I also get 'favorite already exists" when trying to add it back.
Old 12-17-2018, 12:51 PM
Cruisin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Also Siri "eyes free" does not work on a Bluetooth connection anymore. Worked fine before the update. Now it cancels before you can say anything. Still works fine if I plug into the usb.
Old 12-17-2018, 01:14 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by Mark S Long Island
Good to hear I'm not alone in my frustration. This is my 3rd Acura & 2nd RDX but the way they rolled out the 3rd gen makes my think we all got conned & this will be my last Acura.
ALSO: After update I noticed when I go into Nav / Find under "Restaurants" or "Food" or Shopping or Gifts as well as Travel Agency it ALL blank showing no data at all. I known many if not all had placed before the 12th (older software) where in the world do they find qualified people to get this corrected once & for all.
I called Acura client services just now and opened a trouble ticket on this. An Acura tech person is supposed to call me back on this sometime this week and we will through the issue over the phone while I am at the vehicle. I have seen the favorites problem for myself, so I can handle that. I will also mention the issue with no data showing for restaurants, etc. I expect all that will come out of this is that they will acknowledge the issue which is a good first step and then hopefully go fix it. I will post anything of interest that results on the tech call.

Well some putting it in perspective humor here ... At least this is not a few years from now and we have our first "driverless" car and there are software problems with the decision logic module that controls starting, stopping, and steering.
Mark S Long Island (12-17-2018)
Old 12-17-2018, 01:17 PM
Pro

Received 109 Likes on 70 Posts
Mad Dogg,

This is why I hesitated to update to 1.07 since they are having various issues. I will remain at 1.04 until I feel a bit more confident about the release or Acura issues a newer release that addresses the new issues. Mine is working very well currently so I am in no hurry to update the version installed.
Old 12-17-2018, 01:42 PM
Racer

Received 166 Likes on 107 Posts
Well.. Here we go again.. Not only is the USB stopping during play, but it gives me this crap. USB worked in my previous vehicle, currently works fine in our Hyundai, my 6 year old laptop and even the Cadillac XT5 I rented for two weeks on vacation in October.

Not just that, but if I select music from a folder and stop for gas or food, when I return to the car it finishes the current song, leaves that folder and returns to the very first song on the drive. Then you cannot skip over that song. It just locks onto THAT song until you try to reload the music library which takes 5 minutes... Augh

And yes, I installed the update and it has made things worse. It moved the "folders" icon to the second screen of the USB Audio screen as well and it cannot be moved which pisses me off.... I know a lot of you do not care about USB Audio, but I use it a lot while traveling for business. Also now the navigation pops up with "Your maps are out of date" every time I try to punch in a destination. I have a meeting with the District Service Manager tomorrow and get to demonstrate all of these wonderful things. I also get to show them how AcuraLink still doesn't function correctly when attempting to send a destination to the vehicle via the app. I'm not paying for a service that doesn't work as advertised as well..

(Rant Over)

My 2015 Hyundai Sonata runs circles around this car in the Infotainment space and was $20,000 cheaper....

Old 12-17-2018, 02:05 PM
Drifting

Received 1,024 Likes on 714 Posts
Originally Posted by Hou-RL
Mad Dogg,

This is why I hesitated to update to 1.07 since they are having various issues. I will remain at 1.04 until I feel a bit more confident about the release or Acura issues a newer release that addresses the new issues. Mine is working very well currently so I am in no hurry to update the version installed.
All 1.07 did for me was screw up some things. No more Siri hands free, lost favorites, the apps button on the steering wheel brings up Sirius, but then says there are no favorites, when there are.

Waiting is a pretty good idea, if the car lets you get away with it.
Old 12-17-2018, 02:44 PM
Instructor

Received 46 Likes on 32 Posts
Originally Posted by Hou-RL
Mad Dogg,

I concur; my RDX is trouble-free. One of my many sayings is "If it ain't broke, don't fix it".
Old 12-17-2018, 02:57 PM
Racer

One thing I don't understand is that 1.0.7 has been around for at least a couple months on the more recently assembled vehicles. I would think that would be enough time for Acura to at least know what some of the problems are that appear in 1.0.7 that weren't in 1.0.4 before releasing it.. Or do you suppose the actual migration of applying 1.0.7 on top of 1.0.4 broke some things that would not have been in a day one 1.0.7 vehicle? As an IT person, I just can't understand some of these very basic functional issues that seem like should have been caught in the most basic pre-release testing.
Old 12-17-2018, 03:01 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by gtssenior
One thing I don't understand is that 1.0.7 has been around for at least a couple months on the more recently assembled vehicles. I would think that would be enough time for Acura to at least know what some of the problems are that appear in 1.0.7 that weren't in 1.0.4 before releasing it.. Or do you suppose the actual migration of applying 1.0.7 on top of 1.0.4 broke some things that would not have been in a day one 1.0.7 vehicle? As an IT person, I just can't understand some of these very basic functional issues that seem like should have been caught in the most basic pre-release testing.
I feel we're dealing with a company that is in over their heads and don't know how to fix it. I cannot get any valid prognosis from Client Relations.
zroger73 (12-17-2018)
Old 12-17-2018, 03:26 PM
10th Gear

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
As a fellow Computer Scientist, I completely agree with you gtssenior!

One theory, which I can't prove, is that if the Core S/W version (1.0.7) gets out of sync with the Maps S/W version perhaps that is introducing some bugs? I know the majority of the Maps update is Data, but I'm sure they also updated the Navi Program as well.

I have found that these kind of "Systems of Systems" issues are rarely fully vetted and tested...

D
Old 12-17-2018, 04:29 PM
WayTooManyAcuras

Received 481 Likes on 223 Posts
Originally Posted by Meto
Well.. Here we go again.. Not only is the USB stopping during play, but it gives me this crap. USB worked in my previous vehicle, currently works fine in our Hyundai, my 6 year old laptop and even the Cadillac XT5 I rented for two weeks on vacation in October.

Not just that, but if I select music from a folder and stop for gas or food, when I return to the car it finishes the current song, leaves that folder and returns to the very first song on the drive. Then you cannot skip over that song. It just locks onto THAT song until you try to reload the music library which takes 5 minutes... Augh

And yes, I installed the update and it has made things worse. It moved the "folders" icon to the second screen of the USB Audio screen as well and it cannot be moved which pisses me off.... I know a lot of you do not care about USB Audio, but I use it a lot while traveling for business. Also now the navigation pops up with "Your maps are out of date" every time I try to punch in a destination. I have a meeting with the District Service Manager tomorrow and get to demonstrate all of these wonderful things. I also get to show them how AcuraLink still doesn't function correctly when attempting to send a destination to the vehicle via the app. I'm not paying for a service that doesn't work as advertised as well..

(Rant Over)

My 2015 Hyundai Sonata runs circles around this car in the Infotainment space and was $20,000 cheaper....

Same issue. I had the early 1.04 version and learned to live with the bugs, but this upgrade has really screwed up USB playback for me. Playlists are worse than ever, and the system constantly goes back to the very first track on the disc once you get back in the car. It will finish whatever track it was playing when you turned off the car, then instead of playing the next tune in the list or album, boom - right back to the very first file on the disc.

I am also getting a lot more drop outs (without the tone) during USB playback. It's like a phone call coming in, but there's no call. The playback stops, waits a few seconds, then re-sync's and continues the playback from where it stopped.

If we're going to be beta testers they should give us bug report forms to file.
Stew4HD (12-18-2018)
Old 12-17-2018, 04:47 PM
Drifting

Received 1,024 Likes on 714 Posts
Ever the optimist and secure in the knowledge that I don’t know crap about actual computer programming, I am hoping they just want everyone on 1.07 for when the next update comes. It will bring Android Auto, fix the USB music issues, screen freezes, and even let you send a destination to the nav from your app at home.
Old 12-17-2018, 05:44 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by 111cab
Also Siri "eyes free" does not work on a Bluetooth connection anymore. Worked fine before the update. Now it cancels before you can say anything. Still works fine if I plug into the usb.
I found Siri Eyes free not working immediately after the upgrade over Bluetooth and then for a day or two it worked and now it is not working. Quirky, fickle? I am not sure what to think except that it is not a stable release.

Quick Reply: Over The Air (OTA) Software Update D.1.0.7