Over The Air (OTA) Software Update D.1.0.7

Old 12-12-2018, 04:26 PM
Pro

Received 123 Likes on 77 Posts
Originally Posted by Jeffro941
HUGE disappointment. This update just brings me up to the current level of frustration with the Infotainment system. The promise of a “couple months” for Android Auto back in May is now looking like a year. Nav system still can’t show me more than a couple blocks around me. Hope this update helps some of those with more serious infotainment problems.
shouldnt be disappointed with a bug fix update. They didn’t launch new features with it. They are working to uodate bugs on a 6 month old system. It’s understandable that they would focus on fixing the known issues before adding to al already buggy system. What good is android auto going to do anybody if the damn thing doesn’t stop freezing up on people?
Old 12-12-2018, 04:56 PM
Advanced

Received 29 Likes on 15 Posts
When I got in my car after work, I checked to see if there was an update. It found the update and asked if I would like to install. I said yes while only on Bluetooth. It started downloading and on the screen it said “connection: In-Car Cellular. As it started downloading I drove home. On the ride it started preparing. When I got home it asked me if I wanted to install with car on or off. I chose off and went and had my dinner. When I checked afterward, the update was completely installed. For all those wondering, I don’t think you need to be hooked to WiFi to download the update. I believe it will download through AcuraLink. I see tomorrow if some of the bugs were worked out. The most annoying I have is music skipping or squealing on first few minutes of a ride and CarPlay sometimes disconnecting. Good luck all!
Old 12-12-2018, 04:59 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 389 Likes on 294 Posts
I'm already at 1.0.7, so sounds like there is nothing for me to do.
Old 12-12-2018, 05:02 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 257 Likes on 177 Posts
Originally Posted by Catman70
...It started downloading and on the screen it said “connection: In-Car Cellular. As it started downloading I drove home. On the ride it started preparing. When I got home it asked me if I wanted to install with car on or off....
Do you have any estimate of how long the download took before prep, and prep before starting the update.

Asking because I've got a bit of 'running around' to do tomorrow and may try the update in the process.

Old 12-12-2018, 05:07 PM
Instructor

Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts
I tried to update mine, it feezed up during download. I shut the car off and it turn on to the same download screen. The system is not responding to any input. Is mine bricked?
Old 12-12-2018, 05:27 PM
Pro

When I got in my car after work, I checked to see if there was an update. It found the update and asked if I would like to install. I said yes while only on Bluetooth. It started downloading and on the screen it said “connection: In-Car Cellular. As it started downloading I drove home. On the ride it started preparing. When I got home it asked me if I wanted to install with car on or off. I chose off and went and had my dinner. When I checked afterward, the update was completely installed. For all those wondering, I don’t think you need to be hooked to WiFi to download the update. I believe it will download through AcuraLink. I see tomorrow if some of the bugs were worked out. The most annoying I have is music skipping or squealing on first few minutes of a ride and CarPlay sometimes disconnecting. Good luck all!
I KNEW I wasn’t losing my mind, my dealer said when I bought it that prt if AcuraLink was the in-car cellular downloads. I think you can download that via in car cellular aka the mobile hotspot while you are on the trial and/or paying for it. If you don’t have the hotspot activated then you’ll likely have to do the update via WiFi or usb.
Old 12-12-2018, 05:30 PM
Instructor

Received 62 Likes on 38 Posts
System Update

I did the update today via wi-fi. The screen eventually said the system update was successful. But I have no idea what specifically was updated??
Old 12-12-2018, 05:48 PM
Advanced

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts
I was able to install the update just now over the cellular connection. Took about 20 minutes from start of download to finish installation.
Old 12-12-2018, 06:00 PM
Racer

Received 180 Likes on 138 Posts
I updated to D1.0.7 and I still get the “System unavailable” message occasionally when trying to toggle XM channels from the steering wheel. That bug did NOT get fixed. FYI
Old 12-12-2018, 06:01 PM
Advanced

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
Downloaded and installed from home network in about 5 minutes, update successful. Haven't looked around much but my fuel levels and other info finally reads from Acura link app. Let's hookups for more stability

​​​​​
Old 12-12-2018, 06:01 PM
Drifting

Received 586 Likes on 432 Posts
Got the in-car notice this afternoon and installed via home WiFi in accessory mode. Took about 10 minutes. Rebooted itself during the update. Only difference I see is the different display for the dynamic modes. Yippee!
I think the reports of it updating via “AcuraLink” are from owners who have subscribed to the in-car WiFi hotspot service. I can’t remember if there was a complimentary trial period for that.
Was at D.1.0.4 now D.1.0.7

Last edited by Wander; 12-12-2018 at 06:08 PM.
Old 12-12-2018, 06:12 PM
Advanced

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
New Software Update

I’d be interested to hear how everyone does with the new update. I just uploaded and right out of the gate I had the HUD system error show up. After doing the update, I started the car with the XM radio on. Waited for the car to totally spool up. For advanced cars, I toggled wheel on steering wheel to advance favorite stations and got the Error message.
I will see if it has fixed some of the other issues.
John

Old 12-12-2018, 06:22 PM
Pro

Received 227 Likes on 140 Posts
Originally Posted by Dizzyg12

I KNEW I wasn’t losing my mind, my dealer said when I bought it that prt if AcuraLink was the in-car cellular downloads. I think you can download that via in car cellular aka the mobile hotspot while you are on the trial and/or paying for it. If you don’t have the hotspot activated then you’ll likely have to do the update via WiFi or usb.

I'm neither on a trial nor do I pay for the hotspot feature, but mine still updated over cellular so apparently you don't need a subscription for updates. It took about 2 minutes to download then about 8 minutes to prepare and install while driving home from work. The update went smoothly with no errors.

Originally Posted by Midwestuser1
I updated to D1.0.7 and I still get the “System unavailable” message occasionally when trying to toggle XM channels from the steering wheel. That bug did NOT get fixed. FYI

This problem may be in a module that can't be updated OTA such as the HUD or steering wheel controls.

Last edited by zroger73; 12-12-2018 at 06:24 PM.
Old 12-12-2018, 06:24 PM
Advanced

Received 29 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by MI-RDX
Do you have any estimate of how long the download took before prep, and prep before starting the update.

Asking because I've got a bit of 'running around' to do tomorrow and may try the update in the process.
The whole process took about 30 minutes. 5 minute download, 10 minutes to prepare and I don’t know how long to install but after I started it, I checked back a half hour later and it was done. Also I was driving while it downloaded and prepared.
Old 12-12-2018, 06:44 PM
Advanced

Received 22 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by jonarogers
Nothing yet...
Same here, still. No joy at the local coffee shop either. Looks like we Canadians are left out in the cold.

I was amused at how those two English-language disclaimers contradict each other.
Old 12-12-2018, 07:08 PM
Burning Brakes

The whole process took about 30 minutes. 5 minute download, 10 minutes to prepare and I don’t know how long to install but after I started it, I checked back a half hour later and it was done. Also I was driving while it downloaded and prepared.
So it sounds like after the prep was done you turned the car off?... or am I misreading what you said?
Old 12-12-2018, 07:17 PM
Drifting

Originally Posted by zroger73
I'm neither on a trial nor do I pay for the hotspot feature, but mine still updated over cellular so apparently you don't need a subscription for updates. It took about 2 minutes to download then about 8 minutes to prepare and install while driving home from work. The update went smoothly with no errors.
Did you have a smartphone connected?

I finally got the 2nd e-mail from Acura at about the time I was already installing. There's a link from that e-mail to a web page on what to do "in case you don't have access to WiFi":

Audio System Software Updates | 2019 Acura RDX | Acura Owners Site

To quote: "The audio system’s firmware can be updated with the telematics control unit (TCU) on the subscription-based service."

I guess it's a little ambiguous as to what subscription-based service they are referencing, and it so happens some elements of my AcuraLink "complimentary period" have expired without me bothering to pay to extend them. The plot thickens.
Old 12-12-2018, 07:20 PM
Intermediate

Received 26 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by Dizzyg12

shouldnt be disappointed with a bug fix update. They didn’t launch new features with it. They are working to uodate bugs on a 6 month old system. It’s understandable that they would focus on fixing the known issues before adding to al already buggy system. What good is android auto going to do anybody if the damn thing doesn’t stop freezing up on people?
i agree with the disappointment for the simple fact that dealerships pretty much lied and said android auto would be out towards the end of the year. obviously they had no clue but don't mislead people if your unsure.
Old 12-12-2018, 07:27 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 167 Likes on 124 Posts
^^^they just told you what Acura told them. Don't blame your dealer.
Old 12-12-2018, 07:30 PM
Intermediate

well shame on Acura then either way you could understand the frustration people are having with it.
The following users liked this post:
securityguy (12-12-2018)
Old 12-12-2018, 07:35 PM
Drifting

Originally Posted by nyr726
i agree with the disappointment for the simple fact that dealerships pretty much lied and said android auto would be out towards the end of the year. obviously they had no clue but don't mislead people if your unsure.
Well, I guess the year isn't over yet, but if they're gonna push out another update, they better get on it!
Old 12-12-2018, 07:38 PM
Intermediate

lol wishful thinking probably easier just getting an iPhone
Old 12-12-2018, 07:40 PM
Burning Brakes

...probably easier just getting an iPhone
No thanks, I'd rather have something that 'plays nice' with other platforms.

nyr726 (12-12-2018)
Old 12-12-2018, 07:50 PM
Advanced

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
I quit trying to use apple play. System crashed too much.
Lets see how it does tomorrow. When my system had the error today, nothing was plugged in, no apple play.
Old 12-12-2018, 07:57 PM
Drifting

Originally Posted by MI-RDX
No thanks, I'd rather have something that 'plays nice' with other platforms.
iPhone plays nice with Macs running OSX and iPads and Apple TVs running iOS.

What do you want, OS2? VMS?

Maybe some other legacy high-overhead OS that started out as an attempted look-and-feel clone of the original Mac OS?

Snark aside, ya think maybe there's a reason Apple and Google are investing in development of software and hardware to expand their "computing" ecosystems into every aspect of our everyday lives?
Old 12-12-2018, 07:58 PM
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Jeffro941
HUGE disappointment. This update just brings me up to the current level of frustration with the Infotainment system. The promise of a “couple months” for Android Auto back in May is now looking like a year. Nav system still can’t show me more than a couple blocks around me. Hope this update helps some of those with more serious infotainment problems.
Have you considered getting an iPhone. CarPlay on there is really nice.
Old 12-12-2018, 08:07 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Wander
...What do you want, OS2? VMS?...
Nah, just Windows, Android and Linux without having to jump through hoops would be just fine.

...Snark aside, ya think maybe there's a reason Apple and Google are investing in development of software and hardware to expand their "computing" ecosystems into every aspect of our everyday lives?
Absolutely - $$$$$$$$

Old 12-12-2018, 08:22 PM
Pro

So my experience was a little different. I had the system set to do automatic updates and when I got in the car tonight to leave for my hockey game it was mid update. I just drove away and by the time I hit the rink 10 minutes away it was done. Rebooted once during the entire process and it’s fully updated. No issues with the update. I’ll report back again later.
Old 12-12-2018, 08:24 PM
Pro

but don’t they (Android) have to design their system to work with the true touchpad anyway? Are you sure you shouldn’t be barking up androids tree and not acura?
Old 12-12-2018, 08:40 PM
Cruisin'

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Nah. My wife has an IPhone. I much prefer the Android phones I’ve used for years. I bought the 2019 RDX because I liked the total package, which included Android Auto within a ‘couple months”. As I said, I hope the update addressed some of the problems others have had, including Apple Car Play. I on the other hand remain disappointed, because of both the AA issue and the NAV systems inability to display more than a couple blocks of surrounding roads.
Old 12-12-2018, 08:41 PM
Pro

Received 109 Likes on 70 Posts
I personally am not expection Android Auto or any additional features. I purchased the RDX with what it had available at the time I wanted to buy it. If I wanted Android Auto or some enhancements I would have purchased the vehicle wiht those items. Acura may or may not release Android Auto in the next year and I cant buy awaiting a release. I think the bug fixes are a step in the right direction and will be surprised for any additional further enhancements. I will wait a bit on updating since i am not having issues with my current version. I will await the responses form others before diving into the update.
zroger73 (12-13-2018)
Old 12-12-2018, 08:52 PM
Instructor

Received 48 Likes on 26 Posts
“but don’t they (Android) have to design their system to work with the true touchpad anyway?”

Google Maps and Waze are already working on the RDX through CarPlay, so Google has the tools and knowledge they need to work with the touchpad.
Old 12-12-2018, 09:03 PM
Cruisin'

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Hou-RL
I personally am not expection Android Auto or any additional features. I purchased the RDX with what it had available at the time I wanted to buy it. If I wanted Android Auto or some enhancements I would have purchased the vehicle wiht those items. Acura may or may not release Android Auto in the next year and I cant buy awaiting a release. I think the bug fixes are a step in the right direction and will be surprised for any additional further enhancements. I will wait a bit on updating since i am not having issues with my current version. I will await the responses form others before diving into the update.
i too purchased the RDX with what was available at the time. Pretty sure that included Android Auto, to be implemented ‘within months”. All of Acuras advertising, press releases, dealer and Acura reps state that Android Auto was included.My disappointment stems from the fact it’s not within “7 months” and we can’t get a straight answer on whether it’s 8 months, 18 months or 48 months.
Old 12-12-2018, 10:15 PM
Intermediate

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by DrWoo

Four months here and no email either. I opened a ticket this morning, just in case the update is VIN specific.
Our Advance is 2 months old. I got an upgrade download note in the email today. No car type and color association, but rather the infotainment screen:
Alexander,A software update is available
for your 2019 RDX.Every 2019 Acura RDX features over-the-air (OTA) software update capabilities. This allows for convenient wireless delivery of new features and product enhancements to your audio, navigation and Bluetooth systems. This complimentary* update can be downloaded and installed in two easy steps and saves a trip to the dealer.
Old 12-12-2018, 10:25 PM
WayTooManyAcuras

Received 481 Likes on 223 Posts
After 7 months I have to admit I expected a more robust update, not just a level update to get everyone on the same page as the current stock of cars on the dealers lot. I suppose this might just be a starting point, who knows?

I would prefer a system like Apple iOS or Windows Updates where they push our more frequent updates, maybe once every 2 months or so, especially for the issues with the infotainment system.

I can live with the bugs as I have not had any of the major issues, so I guess it's wait and see. I hope we don't have to wait another 7 months for the next update. What is a bit dis-concerning is that it would really suck if they fixed all of the issues and the only system that supported those fixes was a newer hardware platform available only in the 2020 RDX!
Old 12-12-2018, 11:47 PM
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A software update is available for your 2019 RDX

Received email today with the subject line - A software update is available for your 2019 RDX.

Content from email -

XXXX,
A software update is available
for your 2019 RDX.

Every 2019 Acura RDX features over-the-air (OTA) software update capabilities. This allows for convenient wireless delivery of new features and product enhancements to your audio, navigation and Bluetooth systems. This complimentary* update can be downloaded and installed in two easy steps and saves a trip to the dealer.
Simply connect your RDX system to a WiFi network. If you’ve previously connected your RDX to WiFi and are parked within its network range, here’s how you update:
Click “via Wireless Connection” from the “System Updates” menu.
2.Select either “Install Now” or “Install while Vehicle OFF” to begin installation.
Don’t have access to WiFi?No worries, you can still get the update using the Acura In-Vehicle Cellular System.
Once the software update has downloaded, follow these simple steps to install.
1.Select “System Updates” and choose “via Wireless Connection.
2.Select “Install Now.”**
3.Wait for the system to update.
Old 12-12-2018, 11:52 PM
Drifting

Originally Posted by tangible
“but don’t they (Android) have to design their system to work with the true touchpad anyway?”

Google Maps and Waze are already working on the RDX through CarPlay, so Google has the tools and knowledge they need to work with the touchpad.
Unless they want to use the "true touchpad" interface as it's designed to be used, rather than the half-a$$ed approach of treating it like a standard laptop trackpad.

My Apple loyalty could be tested if Android Auto got the Acura hardware working as intended.
Old 12-13-2018, 06:04 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 1,092 Likes on 714 Posts
Unless they want to use the "true touchpad" interface as it's designed to be used, rather than the half-a$$ed approach of treating it like a standard laptop trackpad.

My Apple loyalty could be tested if Android Auto got the Acura hardware working as intended.
Android Auto = Ghostware
Old 12-13-2018, 06:27 AM
Racer

Received 123 Likes on 78 Posts
*Raises hand to ask a silly question* Q: What exactly did this software update do to the 2019 Acura RDX? Curious minds want to know.
Old 12-13-2018, 06:46 AM
Pro

Received 227 Likes on 140 Posts
Originally Posted by EXCALIBUR1
*Raises hand to ask a silly question* Q: What exactly did this software update do to the 2019 Acura RDX? Curious minds want to know.
Read back in this thread. Your question was answered in at least two posts.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Over The Air (OTA) Software Update D.1.0.7