Only one 12v power outlet??

Old 06-24-2018, 05:53 PM
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Only one 12v power outlet??

So I was at the dealer today (Sunday), and thankfully they had left an RDX with the Advance trim unlocked for us to check out. For the life of me I could not locate a 12v outlet anywhere in the vehicle except for the obvious one in the dash. Is there really only one, or did they hide the second one out of plain view? Or maybe this is one of the things they skimped on to help keep the price down?

When we travel we use two of them, one for a radar detector and one for a cooler. Not the end of the world of course, as we could just get a splitter, but having one in the back would certainly be welcome. Thanks.
Old 06-24-2018, 08:13 PM
Racer

Received 60 Likes on 41 Posts
Doing a quick search in the manual, there seems to be only one. It even talks about using that for the compressor to inflate the spare tire.
The following users liked this post:
Akari (06-24-2018)
Old 06-25-2018, 08:02 AM
Intermediate

Received 31 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by Akari
So I was at the dealer today (Sunday), and thankfully they had left an RDX with the Advance trim unlocked for us to check out. For the life of me I could not locate a 12v outlet anywhere in the vehicle except for the obvious one in the dash. Is there really only one, or did they hide the second one out of plain view? Or maybe this is one of the things they skimped on to help keep the price down?

When we travel we use two of them, one for a radar detector and one for a cooler. Not the end of the world of course, as we could just get a splitter, but having one in the back would certainly be welcome. Thanks.
Can't you get a USB adaptor for your radar detector? Or use Waze, I find the crowd-sourcing of cops is very helpful. Waze will be usable in Apple Carplay this fall with Apple's new iOS.
Old 06-25-2018, 05:38 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 147 Likes on 112 Posts
Originally Posted by Akari

that's disappointing, what about in the glove compartment? any plugs (12v or car adapter or USB) there? Forgot to check when I was at the dealership
Old 06-25-2018, 09:13 PM
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by DesignerTom
Can't you get a USB adaptor for your radar detector? Or use Waze, I find the crowd-sourcing of cops is very helpful. Waze will be usable in Apple Carplay this fall with Apple's new iOS.
I'll likely end up just going with hardwiring the detector power, as those 5v to 12v converters can be a bit dicey. Rather not take the chance of frying the V1.

I'm really looking forward to having Apple CarPlay, thanks for the tip on trying out Waze. Told the wife I'll never buy another car without it, as I'm tired of the typically crappy Nav's that require frequent updates. Although from what I've gathered so far, Acura did a good job with it this time around.