Oh Acura

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2019, 03:05 PM
Pro

Received 123 Likes on 77 Posts
Oh Acura

why couldn’t you Just put the Honda Pilot infotainment in this car. We’re looking at 2019 pilots for my wife and that is so much better!

Old 03-09-2019, 03:34 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 276 Likes on 180 Posts
A valid question. And you could ask Lexus the same.

I always find it curious when journalists criticize luxury brands for using the same basic system as their mainstream sister brands, as if it's the equivalent of putting ketchup on caviar. If it works, it works.
Old 03-09-2019, 04:08 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 875 Likes on 669 Posts
Originally Posted by HotRodW
A valid question. And you could ask Lexus the same.

I always find it curious when journalists criticize luxury brands for using the same basic system as their mainstream sister brands, as if it's the equivalent of putting ketchup on caviar. If it works, it works.
I think the issue is with differentiation. Hyundai has managed to get this down PERFECTLY. They use the same basic system in the Genesis models as they do the Hyundai models however in the Genesis models it looks much more upscale and polished. Works amazingly in both scenarios.

Just an aside but I think Hyundai/Kia have one of the best infotainment setups in the business. But that's totally unrelated.
Old 03-09-2019, 05:44 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by RDX10
Just an aside but I think Hyundai/Kia have one of the best infotainment setups in the business. But that's totally unrelated.
I completely agree ... their system is as intuitive as it gets. I haven't sampled every infotainment system on the market, but Hyundai/Kia's is easily my favorite of the many I've used. Ford/Lincoln and FCA's systems are up there, too. The infotainment system, commitment to redundant controls and an electronic shifter that's as straightforward as a conventional shifter has Genesis at the top of my wish list. In some ways, I still regret not getting the Stinger, but deep down I know I made the rational choice given my specific circumstances.
Old 03-10-2019, 02:54 PM
Suzuka Master

I completely agree ... their system is as intuitive as it gets. I haven't sampled every infotainment system on the market, but Hyundai/Kia's is easily my favorite of the many I've used. Ford/Lincoln and FCA's systems are up there, too. The infotainment system, commitment to redundant controls and an electronic shifter that's as straightforward as a conventional shifter has Genesis at the top of my wish list. In some ways, I still regret not getting the Stinger, but deep down I know I made the rational choice given my specific circumstances.
I personally have to put Hyundai/Kia at the top with FCA close behind and Ford/Lincoln a very close third (keeping in mind I haven't had the chance to sample sync 3 yet). There is something to be said for simple touch screens with ultra intuitive controls. No need for strange mouse pads or controllers or whatever. Easy to use while driving and also crisp displays.

As per Genesis, if I were you, I'd wait till the GV80 comes out either this year or early next year and give that a good look. It's going to be amazing based on everything else the brand has going on. Not to mention I'm certain rock solid reliability and very potent twin turbo and V8 powertrains!
Old 03-10-2019, 03:06 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by RDX10
As per Genesis, if I were you, I'd wait till the GV80 comes out either this year or early next year and give that a good look. It's going to be amazing based on everything else the brand has going on. Not to mention I'm certain rock solid reliability and very potent twin turbo and V8 powertrains!
That's precisely the plan. By the time I have a chance to sample the GV80, I'll know more about the new CX7, and whether the Nautilus is moving to the Aviator's RWD CD6 platform.
Old 03-10-2019, 03:17 PM
Suzuka Master

That's precisely the plan. By the time I have a chance to sample the GV80, I'll know more about the new CX7, and whether the Nautilus is moving to the Aviator's RWD CD6 platform.
Exactly! It's a very exciting time in the SUV space right now! I know for certain the GV80 will be RWD based on the new lighter Genesis platform. Not sure if the Nautilus is moving to the RWD platform but that would be amazing!
Old 03-11-2019, 08:41 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 1,092 Likes on 714 Posts
WOW, that GV80 concept looks awesome..