Go Back  AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community > AcuraZine RDX Community > Third Generation RDX (2019+)
Reload this Page >

OEM all weather mats and cargo tray - are they good?

Notices

OEM all weather mats and cargo tray - are they good?

Old 05-08-2019, 11:41 AM
Registered Member

Received 75 Likes on 52 Posts
I got the OEM floor mats and folding cargo tray from Bernardi. I'm happy

Originally Posted by al28 View Post
... Thinking about cargo cover, but don't really see it as desperately needed since it's pretty difficult to see what's in the trunk, with the small window and dark tint.
I had a cargo cover (the "window shade") for my Pilot. I almost never used it and it only got in the way if I had to fold the seats down to carry something big. It also rattled a bit in either position. Annoying. So, it spent most of its life in the corner of my garage. Unless you know you want it, I would suggest, don't bother.
Old 05-18-2019, 02:44 PM
Registered Member

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
My Maxpider mats are in transit from the factory overseas. They should hit the market, by early summer is my guess.

In the mean time, I got the cargo liner prototype fitted on Friday. Here it is. The side pieces can be detached. It's pretty cushy to sit on. I'm happy with it.
Old 05-18-2019, 05:46 PM
Registered Member

Originally Posted by birdonamission View Post
So far so good with the OEMs after 7 months (and through the first winter).

Is it a thing, though, that after going through a full-service car wash the attendants never re-lock the mats and you have to do it yourself?
I'd rather they didn't even try. Knuckle-dragging animals are more likely to break something they don't understand.
Old 05-18-2019, 09:36 PM
Registered Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by njtc View Post
curious about the tuxmats, coverage looks amazing, but canít decide if I like the way the look. Anyone have pics of the tuxmats on black interior of an rdx?
I don't have black seats with Tuxmat but with red (pics below). Have Weathertech on 16' RDX and it's OK. Good front but bad rear. Weathertech rear mat is thin so it curled up less than a year. To be fair, I live in hot TX.

I like Tuxmat so far, it fits really well and like the additional clip accessories to hold things down (I didn't really need the clips, but used it anyway for assurance). Rear mat is far superior than weathertech, it covers more and tucks under rear seat nicely.
Summer is coming up, so we'll see how Tuxmax handles hot TX heat.

The following users liked this post:
billyt1963 (05-21-2019)
Old 05-18-2019, 09:52 PM
Registered Member

Very nice coverage on those TuxMats!
Old 05-18-2019, 10:00 PM
Registered Member

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
I have been using tuxmats for past 6 months and really like them. Easy to clean and look good. I have received compliments on how great they look. They are also holding up pretty well.
Old 05-19-2019, 07:13 AM
CGO
Registered Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by bluntman72 View Post
Sorry about the size of the photos, but these mats are HUGE!

They cover much more than the OEM all weather mats and the Weathertech mats. I like the fact that they cover the carpet up to the side sills and there is even a little bit of coverage below the seat controls. I didn't install any of the extra clips or velcro pieces included with the mats, but they fit snugly. My order included the rear mats, but kept them in the box for now.

So, why do TuxMat not use the RDX clips?
Old 05-19-2019, 08:10 AM
Registered Member

Originally Posted by CGO View Post
So, why do TuxMat not use the RDX clips?
There's only 1 floor clip on Tuxmat to hold the driver side mat down. I don't think it's needed but it's probably there for safety I assume... ensuring no accidental mat slip to hinder pedal operation in case.

There are no floor clips on front passenger nor rear mats because it just fits really snug, no room for play. I suppose they could have put similar OEM clip for front passenger, but I assume they didn't for: 1) keep cost down, 2) less area where liquid can seep thru or 3) simply don't need it (I will say don't know for sure, these are just my guesses)

I used Tuxmat provided side clips to additionally secure corners or exposed sides where it can cause separation from floor. Tuxmat also provide velcro tapes in addition to generous amount of side clips I mentioned(pic), but I didn't use any velcro.for my application. Maybe after summer, we'll see it fairs.

Old 05-19-2019, 02:32 PM
EFR
Registered Member

Received 23 Likes on 16 Posts
Wow...those Tuxmat are impressive. I bought the Acura ones...and appear to regret it.

Last edited by EFR; 05-19-2019 at 02:39 PM.
Old 05-19-2019, 02:38 PM
CGO
Registered Member

Originally Posted by EFR View Post
Wow...those Tuxmant are impressive. I bought the Acura ones...and appear to regret it.
Indeed!

I have Subaru All-Weather Mats in my wife's 2016 Legacy and Acura All-Weather Mats in my 2019 RDX.

Looks like I'm buying a few TuxMat sets ...
Old 05-19-2019, 03:53 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Try Tuxmats

I did get the OEM mats but their coverage is very poor if you live in a climate with snow, sleet and salt. Got the Tuxmats, complete coverage, perfect fit. Sorry I got the OEM's because now I have to take time and sell them.
Old 05-19-2019, 04:09 PM
Registered Member

Received 141 Likes on 106 Posts
Originally Posted by JsRDX View Post
I did get the OEM mats but their coverage is very poor if you live in a climate with snow, sleet and salt. Got the Tuxmats, complete coverage, perfect fit. Sorry I got the OEM's because now I have to take time and sell them.
They arenít worth anything so just save for when you sell the car.
Old 05-20-2019, 02:04 PM
Registered Member

Received 31 Likes on 12 Posts
I went with TuxMat per someone's recommendation on here and couldn't be more pleased with them. The coverage is superior and the price was very good. I am keeping the back seat mat in year-round for muddy camping trips.
Old 05-23-2019, 10:01 AM
EFR
Registered Member

Received 23 Likes on 16 Posts
I just ordered the Tux's. If you look at Amazon, they are cheaper than Tux's website. I reached out to Tux...said the prices on their website are in Canadien dollars, and Amazon in US dollars. Ebay (direct from Tux) is even a little cheaper than Amazon
Old 05-24-2019, 07:22 AM
Registered Member

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by oblio98 View Post
Get the official mats and cargo liner from Curry and save money. I did and it was fast and sweet. (Not affiliated, just a customer)

https://www.curryacuraparts.com/
I see they have them listed for $135.95.
They don't specify which mats are included. I assume that it includes 2 front and 2 back. Correct?
Old 05-24-2019, 11:23 AM
Registered Member

Originally Posted by Lend27 View Post
They don't specify which mats are included. I assume that it includes 2 front and 2 back. Correct?
I got the full set from Bernardi for less. They came the very next day. I couldn't believe that. As I recall, they charged about $30 for shipping everything but no tax.

https://acura.bernardiparts.com/Prod...7-TJB-210.aspx
https://acura.bernardiparts.com/Prod...5-TJB-200.aspx

The WeatherTechs might have more coverage but they're way more expensive. Also, the WeatherTech cargo tray doesn't appear to fold. So, I got the OEMs so that everything matches. They look nice and they do the job.

The Tux mats above have a lot more coverage but I don't care for the look.
Old 05-24-2019, 01:22 PM
Registered Member

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts
That is correct. I bought them. Two front and one back (covers both sides). No shipping cost. Took about a week to come in. So far happy with it.
Old 06-02-2019, 09:24 AM
Registered Member

Originally Posted by JAB00 View Post
That is correct. I bought them. Two front and one back (covers both sides). No shipping cost. Took about a week to come in. So far happy with it.
Just wondering before I buy them, I tend to wear a hole in the carpeted floor mats with the edge of my gas pedal foot.
Are the Tuxmats thick enough to prevent that? Or am I better off going with the OEM mats?

Thanks!
Len
Old 06-02-2019, 07:13 PM
Registered Member

Just wondering before I buy them, I tend to wear a hole in the carpeted floor mats with the edge of my gas pedal foot.
Are the Tuxmats thick enough to prevent that? Or am I better off going with the OEM mats?
When you say "edge of my gas pedal foot", I'm assuming your right heel? Tuxmat has rectangular rubber piece embedded where your right foot heel would normally rest (see pic). It's not super thick, but I think it's there for that purpose.
I only had Tuxmat for very short time, so I can't vouch for their long-term quality though.

Old 06-03-2019, 09:26 PM
Registered Member

Tuxmats seems pretty expensive, I see them listed for ~$200+ on amazon.
Old 06-03-2019, 10:36 PM
Registered Member

Originally Posted by ashising View Post
Tuxmats seems pretty expensive, I see them listed for ~$200+ on amazon.
Right, tuxmat is definitely the most expensive as compared to OEM or weathertech. It's cheaper to buy it thru amazon if you have prime than tuxmat direct.

I like weathertech, but only for fronts, rear mats didn't last a year in TX heat (2016 RDX pics below). It curled up and looks very sloppy. Same thing happened for cargo mats by weathertech, edges curled within a year.
Having said that, I can't speak for 2019 version of weathertech, I hope they improved.

Old 06-04-2019, 08:41 AM
Registered Member

Originally Posted by TSXChef View Post
Right, tuxmat is definitely the most expensive as compared to OEM or weathertech. It's cheaper to buy it thru amazon if you have prime than tuxmat direct.

I like weathertech, but only for fronts, rear mats didn't last a year in TX heat (2016 RDX pics below). It curled up and looks very sloppy. Same thing happened for cargo mats by weathertech, edges curled within a year.
Having said that, I can't speak for 2019 version of weathertech, I hope they improved.

Can't you send them back for warranty replacement?
Old 06-05-2019, 11:50 AM
Registered Member

Those are WeatherTech?!! (I don't see the logo.) They look terrible. Are the rear made differently than the front? No way you can have curling up like that anywhere near the peddles.
Old 06-05-2019, 07:12 PM
Registered Member

Tuxmats are being delivered tomorrow!

I ordered the Tuxmats through Amazon on 6/2 and they are being delivered by Fedex tomorrrow.
I will post my opinions after install.
Old 06-05-2019, 10:22 PM
Registered Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
I ordered the Tuxmats through Amazon on 6/2 and they are being delivered by Fedex tomorrrow.
I will post my opinions after install.
And pictures too please!!
Old 06-05-2019, 10:56 PM
Registered Member

Originally Posted by NooYawkuh View Post
Those are WeatherTech?!! (I don't see the logo.) They look terrible. Are the rear made differently than the front? No way you can have curling up like that anywhere near the peddles.
Yes, unfortunately those are rear weathertech mats for 2016 RDX.
Front driver and front passenger mats are made of different material, more plastic as compared to rear. As I mentioned, I like front weathertech mats, they hold shape and looks good.
Rear mat is thinner and more flexible than the front, more rubbery material. Weathertech trunk cargo mat is similar to rear mat, so it also curled up on edges.

Again, I want to reiterate that my weathertech experience is with 2016 RDX mats, so I'm hoping they've made improvements since. I also used weathertech mats on 04 TSX and 06 TL, and they worked just fine.

To weathertech's defense, picture for 2019 RDX rear mats appear to show shallower edge, so maybe they did make improvements.

Here's RDX 2016 front mats and cargo matnote front edge curled up)

NooYawkuh (06-06-2019)
Old 06-06-2019, 12:55 AM
Registered Member

Received 268 Likes on 189 Posts
Originally Posted by TSXChef View Post

Wow. WeatherTechs do tend to curl at the edges as they age, but I have had sets go 10+ years without looking anywhere near that bad. Mine have always been black, even with beige interior; dunno if that makes a difference.

Is there a rear seat passenger that likes to crank the floor heat? ( Does it get cold enough in TX to run the heat? )
Old 06-06-2019, 02:34 PM
Registered Member

Tuxmats arrived today!

They were packaged pretty well, and arrived undamaged.

I installed according to the instructions: Drivers side, passenger side, then backseat. I installed the lock for the drivers side but it didn't really need it, as they fit snug as a bug.
Here are the pics after install.
The install took me all of 20 min.
I did not use any of the velcro strips they provided.
The only clips I used were on both sides of the back seat as you can see here:

Here are the rest of the pics:

Last edited by Lend27; 06-06-2019 at 02:48 PM.
NooYawkuh (06-06-2019)
Old 06-10-2019, 11:45 PM
Registered Member

Originally Posted by REALM View Post
The OEM cargo tray arrived this week and Iím 90% satisfied, but 100% believe it was the right choice for me because of the folding still making both storage areas accessible, if you fold it right. To get to the second compartment, you canít fold the mat and floor over at the same time, you have to fold the mat over, then again for the second piece, ďthenĒ you fold the cargo floor twice. If you try to do the cargo floor and mat once, and then again together, it wonít work.
So Iím very pleased at that because I was thinking I was going to have to lift the OEM mat out to get to the 2nd under floor compartment.

As for the quality... itís definitely more plastic than rubber like, and thereís of course no raised lip. On the positive side, it probably wonít catch up and curl up as much over time like weathertech and the like.

Iím waiting for 3Dmaxpider mats for the front and rear though, because Iím disappointed in pics of the OEM and Weathertech rear seats. Neither look like they go side to side and leave a gap, which is going to catch nearly every time by someone getting in the car and curl up quick.
If maxpider goes end to end, theyíll be winners for me.
UPDATE: Just received and installed my Maxpiders! With that said, I think it's safe to say you can look for them on-sale soon. It's dark, so I don't have pictures at the moment.
Old 06-20-2019, 07:50 AM
Registered Member

How soon is soon re: Maxpiders?
Old 06-24-2019, 09:37 AM
Registered Member

Answered my own question haha. Ordered on Thurs aft and Fedex just dropped them off (Mon. morning)
Old 06-24-2019, 09:41 AM
Registered Member

Old 06-24-2019, 09:47 AM
Registered Member

Old 06-24-2019, 10:20 AM
Registered Member

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts
From where did you order them? I've checked 3d-liners.com, ebay, Amazon, etc and don't see any for the 2019 RDX. Thanks.
Old 06-24-2019, 11:19 AM
Registered Member

I'm in Ontario Canada and I called PartsEngine Canada as they didn't have them listed as available on their site when I followed the links, the young guy I spoke to contacted the manufacturer and completed the order. $235 Can with free shipping for the front and back row