AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community

AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community (https://acurazine.com/forums/)
-   3G RDX (2019+) (https://acurazine.com/forums/3g-rdx-2019-454/)
-   -   OEM all weather mats and cargo tray - are they good? (https://acurazine.com/forums/3g-rdx-2019-454/oem-all-weather-mats-cargo-tray-they-good-972350/)

blutow 08-11-2018 04:21 PM

OEM all weather mats and cargo tray - are they good?

Thinking about ordering these. Good fit and function?

Khalil Johnson, Sr. 08-11-2018 04:38 PM

Yes

I purchased the OEM mats and cargo tray. The fit and finish are very professional. I am satisfied and would buy again.

Stew4HD 08-11-2018 05:45 PM

There are several threads on here about them. I have them and they fit and look great.

blutow 08-11-2018 06:16 PM

Thanks, I'll go ahead with them.

Cazman 08-17-2018 11:01 PM

I have the Acura OEM all weather mats in the front and rear. I would not recommend getting the front mats. They fit well and look good but the front of them does not have a "lip" that would prevent water from exiting. Mats I have seen from weathertech are much better at containing water although I do not have experience with weathertech mats specifically for the 2019 RDX. The rear Acura OEM mats are fine.

catbert430 08-18-2018 04:26 PM

Originally Posted by Cazman (Post 16282592)
I have the Acura OEM all weather mats in the front and rear. I would not recommend getting the front mats. They fit well and look good but the front of them does not have a "lip" that would prevent water from exiting. Mats I have seen from weathertech are much better at containing water although I do not have experience with weathertech mats specifically for the 2019 RDX. The rear Acura OEM mats are fine.

WeatherTech STILL does not have mats for the 2019 RDX.
I got tired of waiting for the promised email and got the Acura OEM mats.
I'm vey happy with them but, realize that the lip under the gas pedal is quite small.

gtssenior 08-20-2018 10:38 AM

I got the Acura mats at vehicle delivery time from the dealer. They seem fine and if you don't want to pay for the mats initially and you financed the vehicle, the mats can be included in the loan. The proof of how good the mats really are won't be until winter when you drag snow into the vehicle on your footwear.

Dizzyg12 08-20-2018 01:10 PM

I got my mats from the dealer for free so they’re good enough for me! 😂

bluntman72 09-04-2018 01:13 PM

I purchased the OEM all weather mats, but I intend to use them for the warmer months and Tuxmats in the sloppy winter months. According to Tuxmats, they have already scanned the 2019 RDX and the mats should be ready in 4 to 6 weeks. Nothing yet from Weathertech.

blutow 09-04-2018 01:51 PM

I'm really happy with the fit and look of the factory all weather floor mats. The factory rear cargo tray is just OK. It tends to slip around a bit and it also makes access to the storage bins under the floor tough. I'm not sure what the solution would have been for easier access, but maybe a "cutout" to be able to grab the lid for the rear most storage compartment. There's not a really a good way to do it and also protest the floor, so I guess it's fine except there's nothing to keep in in place.

securityguy 09-04-2018 02:33 PM

I was going to buy the WeatherTech mats as I do for all of my cars. The dealer threw in the all weather Acura mats free of charge and I must say I really like them. Just saved myself about $200 for a full set of WeatherTechs:thumbsup:

oblio98 09-04-2018 05:35 PM

Get the official mats and cargo liner from Curry and save money. I did and it was fast and sweet. (Not affiliated, just a customer)

https://www.curryacuraparts.com/

fodder 09-14-2018 09:19 AM

The Acura mat will fold in order to allow access to the innermost storage bins but it is a 2 step process. First, fold the mat and hold it up while you fold the floor cover. If you have any need to hold both up while you get something out, Acura has no provision. I was gong to drill a hole in the floor cover and add a strap to hook over the back seat head rest bar but was not sure how long it would hold in the plastic. When I saw the position of the nearest cargo tie down in relation to the head rest, I grabbed a bungee with plastic hooks and it holds everything up perfectly.
https://cimg1.ibsrv.net/gimg/acurazi...1daa0342a2.jpg
Bungee strap attached to head rest and tie down to hold up Acura mat and cargo cover.

gtssenior 09-14-2018 09:39 AM

Originally Posted by fodder (Post 16297280)
The Acura mat will fold in order to allow access to the innermost storage bins but it is a 2 step process. First, fold the mat and hold it up while you fold the floor cover. If you have any need to hold both up while you get something out, Acura has no provision. I was gong to drill a hole in the floor cover and add a strap to hook over the back seat head rest bar but was not sure how long it would hold in the plastic. When I saw the position of the nearest cargo tie down in relation to the head rest, I grabbed a bungee with plastic hooks and it holds everything up perfectly.
https://cimg1.ibsrv.net/gimg/acurazi...1daa0342a2.jpg
Bungee strap attached to head rest and tie down to hold up Acura mat and cargo cover.

The bungee strap is an ingenious solution which I like better than my solution to holding up the cargo tray cover hands free. I had a 20 inch long 1 inch diameter wood dowel as scrap from a project, wrapped a piece of bubble packing plastic around it to keep it quiet when stored in the rear most bin in case it rolls around. Then when I want hands free access to the most forward tray I use the dowel to hold up the cover, placing it under the left latch of the cover to keep it in place. Both are very low tech jury-rigged solutions to the absence of a build in support arm, but do the trick.

MI-RDX 09-14-2018 10:59 AM

Originally Posted by fodder (Post 16297280)
..I grabbed a bungee with plastic hooks and it holds everything up perfectly....

And keep the bungee cord in one of the 2 compartments that are exposed when the cover is lifted so it's immediately at hand when needed.

fr4c 09-15-2018 07:41 PM

Looks like Weathertech has finally released their FloorLiners, however it is only for the first row.

Newsy1904 09-16-2018 01:33 PM

I'm looking for a mat that has a heavy duty waterproof backside and carpeted cabin side. My previous Chev SUV had standard mats like this where the backside was thick - not a flexible membrane like on the standard RDX mats. I do not like the bare cabin side rubber surface of the Weathertech floorliners as I think they only help to increase interior noise levels though they are easier to keep clean and towel out the extra moisture. I could always turn the sound system volume up but there are times all I want is muted engine growl and tire noise.

MI-RDX 09-16-2018 02:02 PM

While they're not carpeted I really like the Kagu 3D Maxpider liners - much better than Weathertech (I've had both in the same vehicle) and nice enough that I used them year round versus just in the winter. They don't have anything available yet for the '19 RDX but I'm hoping soon. :wish: I got the OEM liners as part of my purchase in the interim in case they're not available before bad weather sets in.

3D® Custom Fit Floor & Cargo Liner | Redefine Protection

Yotrek 09-17-2018 04:51 PM

Originally Posted by fr4c (Post 16297897)
Looks like Weathertech has finally released their FloorLiners, however it is only for the first row.

Although they’re seem to be available on their website, they actually not available yet atleast another 2 to 3 weeks, this is sort of pre-order.

JsRDX 09-29-2018 10:36 PM

Driver side coverage

I have the OEM mats and the one thing I don't like is that the area around the left foot is not protected by the mat. Snow and salt in the winter is going to ruin the carpet around the pad. Hoping the Weathertech mats are better but won't be able to tell until they have a real picture, not a representative one.

​​

fr4c 10-03-2018 09:31 AM

Received my Weathertech yesterday, and offers much more coverage than the OEM mats. The mats actually go up quite a bit around both the left and right foot area, so should catch any water/snow/etc.

Yotrek 10-03-2018 09:41 AM

Originally Posted by fr4c (Post 16306809)
Received my Weathertech yesterday, and offers much more coverage than the OEM mats. The mats actually go up quite a bit around both the left and right foot area, so should catch any water/snow/etc.

Can you post pic. if possible, I am trying to compare with TUXMAT, which also I believe has even higher protection on the side..

bluntman72 10-03-2018 11:19 AM

Originally Posted by yotrek (Post 16306814)
can you post pic. If possible, i am trying to compare with tuxmat, which also i believe has even higher protection on the side..

+1

SVTour 10-03-2018 06:00 PM

I have an order in for the WeatherTechs in the front seats only - but ended up going with the OEM cargo liner, because it has the split for the cargo section underneath.

I can state the OEM seems to have a rough surface that attracts the dog hairs (2 German Sheps). Typically, I can pull the weathertech out and let the hair fall to the garage floor...where now they seem to stick to this OEM mat. May need to update my order :(

fr4c 10-03-2018 06:06 PM

Here are some pictures of the front and rear Weathertech Floorliners.

https://preview.ibb.co/jntQKK/IMG_0704.jpg
https://preview.ibb.co/cKYgte/IMG_9882.jpg
https://preview.ibb.co/mcEnYe/IMG_1212.jpg
https://preview.ibb.co/eTUnYe/IMG_2988.jpg

Madd Dog 10-03-2018 06:31 PM

There seems to be a lot that is uncovered. Do these go over the floormats, or do they replace them?

Yotrek 10-03-2018 06:35 PM

Thanks for posting the pictures..looks great

Yotrek 10-03-2018 06:51 PM

Seems like Tuxmat have overall more coverage compare to weathertech..

Yotrek 10-03-2018 06:57 PM

https://cimg3.ibsrv.net/gimg/acurazi...96f53e3c5c.jpg

securityguy 10-03-2018 07:36 PM

Originally Posted by Madd Dog (Post 16307296)
There seems to be a lot that is uncovered. Do these go over the floormats, or do they replace them?

They replace them. You NEVER put mats over mats...safety hazard!

Madd Dog 10-03-2018 07:58 PM

Originally Posted by securityguy (Post 16307335)

They replace them. You NEVER put mats over mats...safety hazard!

That is what I have always done, but there seems a lot uncovered.

fr4c 10-03-2018 10:24 PM

Originally Posted by Madd Dog (Post 16307345)

That is what I have always done, but there seems a lot uncovered.

They definitely cover more than the stock carpet mats cover. What areas are you concerned about that are left uncovered by the Weathertech?

cm2021 10-03-2018 11:39 PM

I am having the 3D Maxpider mats being made for my RDX. I will receive the first set and then they will go on-sale.

MI-RDX 10-04-2018 03:57 PM

Originally Posted by cm2021 (Post 16307428)
I am having the 3D Maxpider mats being made for my RDX. I will receive the first set and then they will go on-sale.

Any ETA? I sent an email to their customer support quite a while back and haven't heard a word since.

cm2021 10-04-2018 08:41 PM

ETA is about 4 months.

MI-RDX 10-04-2018 09:01 PM

Thanks, guess I'll be using the OEMs this winter.

Wander 10-04-2018 11:02 PM

For the 2nd row, I don't see much difference between the OEM mats and the WeatherTechs based on the posted pics. If anything, the OEMs look a bit more robust, so I'll probably just stick with those.

For the fronts, the WeatherTechs have much more dead-pedal and pedal area coverage than OEM, as usual. Gonna have to think about that.

Something about those TuxMats makes me think fuzzy dice. Not sure why.

Yotrek 10-05-2018 12:25 PM

Originally Posted by Wander (Post 16308085)
For the 2nd row, I don't see much difference between the OEM mats and the WeatherTechs based on the posted pics. If anything, the OEMs look a bit more robust, so I'll probably just stick with those.

For the fronts, the WeatherTechs have much more dead-pedal and pedal area coverage than OEM, as usual. Gonna have to think about that.

Something about those TuxMats makes me think fuzzy dice. Not sure why.

Once you see the coverage on Tuxmat, you'll be surprise how much more compare to Weathertech..

Madd Dog 10-05-2018 01:11 PM

Originally Posted by fr4c (Post 16307399)

They definitely cover more than the stock carpet mats cover. What areas are you concerned about that are left uncovered by the Weathertech?

It is hard to tell depth in 2D photos, but there seems to be a fair amount of carpet showing along the sides. Maybe that is the raised lip?

bluntman72 10-05-2018 02:07 PM

Originally Posted by Yotrek (Post 16308378)
Once you see the coverage on Tuxmat, you'll be surprise how much more compare to Weathertech..

I am hoping this is true, I ordered the full set of Tuxmats earlier today...fingers crossed.

Originally Posted by Madd Dog (Post 16308426)

It is hard to tell depth in 2D photos, but there seems to be a fair amount of carpet showing along the sides. Maybe that is the raised lip?

​​​​​​​+1