OEM all weather mats and cargo tray - are they good?

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2018, 05:48 PM
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by p07r0457
My complaint with WeatherTech, in previous vehicles, is that the edges start to curl up and it looks bad and they start to catch peoples feet as they get in/out.
I had exact same problem with my WeatherTechs. That's why I stopped buying them.
Old 11-02-2018, 10:31 PM
Instructor

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts
Originally Posted by bluntman72
Sorry about the size of the photos, but these mats are HUGE!

They cover much more than the OEM all weather mats and the Weathertech mats. I like the fact that they cover the carpet up to the side sills and there is even a little bit of coverage below the seat controls. I didn't install any of the extra clips or velcro pieces included with the mats, but they fit snugly. My order included the rear mats, but kept them in the box for now.

They definetly look really nice. Do they stay in place without the clips/velcros? How easy is it to clean?
I am seriously considering these for my new rdx.
The following users liked this post:
CdnTL (05-18-2019)
Old 11-03-2018, 07:52 AM
Instructor

Received 49 Likes on 40 Posts
Originally Posted by JustAnotherOne
They definetly look really nice. Do they stay in place without the clips/velcros? How easy is it to clean?
I am seriously considering these for my new rdx.
There is really no need for the clips or velcro since the entire underside of the mat uses an anti-slip material and there is so much contact with the carpet. It shouldn't be too difficult to clean, but the messy stuff still hasn't hit yet in my neck of the woods...I probably won't take them out to clean until the spring.
Old 11-03-2018, 10:25 AM
Racer

Received 36 Likes on 33 Posts
Some feels they don't look good, to me the style looks good and no other have carpet coverage like Tuxmat, and cheaper than curly Weathertech...
Old 11-03-2018, 02:46 PM
Instructor

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts
Originally Posted by bluntman72
There is really no need for the clips or velcro since the entire underside of the mat uses an anti-slip material and there is so much contact with the carpet. It shouldn't be too difficult to clean, but the messy stuff still hasn't hit yet in my neck of the woods...I probably won't take them out to clean until the spring.
Great, I really like the look. Where did you order it from? A few other forums have people posting discount codes for tuxmat site. I tried some but no luck so far. Did you get any discount code when you ordered them? Please PM me if you happen to have a discount code.
Old 11-03-2018, 03:16 PM
Instructor

Received 49 Likes on 40 Posts
I bought them directly from the Canadian Tuxmat site (tuxmat.ca). Unfortunately, I didn't receive a referral code with my purchase.
Old 11-03-2018, 03:24 PM
Racer

Received 36 Likes on 33 Posts
Originally Posted by JustAnotherOne
Great, I really like the look. Where did you order it from? A few other forums have people posting discount codes for tuxmat site. I tried some but no luck so far. Did you get any discount code when you ordered them? Please PM me if you happen to have a discount code.
I don't think there's discount code, if you're in the US order from amazon, at least shipping is free
Amazon Amazon
Old 11-05-2018, 11:48 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 322 Likes on 191 Posts
Any update on when the 3D Maxpider mats will be available?
Old 11-06-2018, 12:04 PM
8th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I went for the Weathertech front, rear seats, and trunk. I saw the OEM Acura mats and the difference is small thickness wise. The OEMs are ribbed and the Weather tech a bit thicker but by not much. The Weathertech have much bigger side lips to keep water in. The OEM driver side mat does not cover underneath the pedals very well. The OEM mat sort of ends early. The weather tech mat come up behind the pedals. The OEm cargo mat has the advantage of having fold-able creases to match the RDX (2019). The Weathertech trunk is one piece and does not fold. So getting at the storage below is a bit fussy.
Old 11-06-2018, 12:52 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 257 Likes on 177 Posts
Originally Posted by Dereileak
I'm waiting for them to become available myself. Just send a follow up query to the account manager at U-Ace and will post whatever response I get.
Old 11-19-2018, 09:24 PM
Intermediate

Tuxmat

Just installed the Tuxmats. Very happy with the fit and look. Complete coverage of carpet and under pedals. Also fully covers the left foot pad. I highly recommend. Wish I knew about these before getting the OEM ones.
Old 11-20-2018, 11:45 AM
Racer

Received 31 Likes on 29 Posts
i knew this but rushed for OEM as needed early. getting front ones from Taxmat.
Old 11-21-2018, 06:19 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Dereileak
I sent a follow up to my previous query and just got this reply.

Hi xxxxxxxxxxxx,

The latest from our product team is that we’re waiting on the prototype mat to get in for test-fitting.

Tony Lee
Account Manager

U Ace, Inc.
13642 Santa Ana Ave.
Fontana, CA 92337
Old 11-21-2018, 07:52 PM
Advanced

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by MI-RDX
I sent a follow up to my previous query and just got this reply.
Thanks for getting a hold of him! It is my RDX that they were scanning and promised to do the test fit on. I was emailing the technician but did not hear any response, even after copying Tony. Hopefully they come in soon. I have been using the carpet mats and going bare for the cargo area. I didn't want to buy the OEM mats and have to throw them away or get rid of them down the line.
Old 12-10-2018, 07:30 PM
Burning Brakes

@cm2021 Just wondering if you've heard any more on the development of the Maxpiders?
Old 12-10-2018, 07:41 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 167 Likes on 124 Posts
WeatherTech mats are now available. I just ordered them for the RDX along with mats for my kids cars since they’ll be here for Christmas. Have used them forever and have never been let down.
Old 12-10-2018, 07:55 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by securityguy
WeatherTech mats are now available...
Yep, I'm aware of that but prefer the 3D Maxpider. I've had the 3Ds and the WeatherTechs in the past (same vehicle) and the fit, finish and especially appearance of the 3D's are, IMO, much superior. Got the OEMs 'free' as part of the purchase so, even though they're not ideal, I can wait.
Old 12-10-2018, 08:09 PM
Burning Brakes

Yep, I'm aware of that but prefer the 3D Maxpider. I've had the 3Ds and the WeatherTechs in the past (same vehicle) and the fit, finish and especially appearance of the 3D's are, IMO, much superior. Got the OEMs 'free' as part of the purchase so, even though they're not ideal, I can wait.
I’m waiting for the 3D maxpider ones also
Old 12-11-2018, 12:23 AM
Advanced

Originally Posted by securityguy
WeatherTech mats are now available. I just ordered them for the RDX along with mats for my kids cars since they’ll be here for Christmas. Have used them forever and have never been let down.
No news yet
Old 12-11-2018, 12:44 PM
Pro

Received 233 Likes on 140 Posts
I see there is an OEM “high wall” all season mat now.

https://www.curryacuraparts.com/oem-...UHJvZHVjdHM%3D
Old 12-11-2018, 12:46 PM
Pro

Received 233 Likes on 140 Posts
Originally Posted by ross7777
I see there is an OEM “high wall” all season mat now.

https://www.curryacuraparts.com/oem-...UHJvZHVjdHM%3D
My bad. It’s the same one.
Old 12-20-2018, 11:27 PM
Advanced

Latest email update I received this week on the Maxpiders is that the molds are waiting to be made. It seems like it may still be some time before I have a real set to try.
MI-RDX (12-21-2018)
Old 01-24-2019, 01:24 PM
Advanced

I am having my sample fitting tomorrow. I'm excited
Old 01-24-2019, 03:15 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by cm2021
I am having my sample fitting tomorrow. I'm excited

Post the results - with pics if possible.
Old 01-25-2019, 04:39 PM
Advanced

Here are my prototypes of the 3D Maxpiders! The company reps and I were pleased with how they fit. Unfortunately I cannot keep them, but it was nice to try out in the car when the company reps stopped by for fitting today. I was informed that production models will be four to six months away, and there is a possible cargoliner as well. Let me know what you think!

Note: refer to other online photos for the texture of the material. The texture is showing interference (like extra fuzziness) in these photos I uploaded vs the original resolution ones I took.

Last edited by cm2021; 01-25-2019 at 04:44 PM. Reason: higher resolution photos
Old 01-25-2019, 05:14 PM
7th Gear

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I bought the cargo liner because I wanted the RDX logo and the flip compartment to work. However, the interior matts are mediocre at best. For roughly the same price I went with weather tech. They hold water and dirt very well and cover more surface area than the OEM matts.
Old 01-25-2019, 05:19 PM
Burning Brakes

Here are my prototypes of the 3D Maxpiders! The company reps and I were pleased with how they fit. Unfortunately I cannot keep them, but it was nice to try out in the car when the company reps stopped by for fitting today. I was informed that production models will be four to six months away, and there is a possible cargoliner as well. Let me know what you think!

Note: refer to other online photos for the texture of the material. The texture is showing interference (like extra fuzziness) in these photos I uploaded vs the original resolution ones I took....
Fit looks really good, plus I like the way they did the driver side - lots of coverage. Did they say anything about the colors they may be offering?

Old 01-25-2019, 05:23 PM
Advanced

Fit looks really good, plus I like the way they did the driver side - lots of coverage. Did they say anything about the colors they may be offering?
I'm glad you like it! They did not mention anything about colors, but I don't see why they wouldn't offer all the colors they do on their other mats. The RDX is a popular vehicle, after all.
securityguy (01-25-2019)
Old 01-25-2019, 07:33 PM
Advanced

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Note: refer to other online photos for the texture of the material. The texture is showing interference (like extra fuzziness) in these photos I uploaded vs the original resolution ones I took.
Look great! These are the best mats in my experience (comparing 2nd Gen RDX - OEM, OEM All Weather, Weather Tech, and 3D Maxpider).
Old 01-25-2019, 07:40 PM
Burning Brakes

they need to hurry up so they can take my money 🤑
Old 01-26-2019, 10:26 AM
2nd Gear

I, too, have two GSDs and have the same concern. In my last MDX, I had the WT cargo tray, but it lost it's shape over time and slid around. The OEM version looks more functional with its access to the hidden compartments, but I'm wondering if it protects well against dirty and wet 4-legged monsters. @SVTour , did you end up keeping the OEM cargo tray or switch to something else?
Old 05-04-2019, 01:27 AM
4th Gear

Anyone hear anything on the availability of the Maxpider mats?
Old 05-04-2019, 01:47 PM
Intermediate

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
The OEM cargo tray arrived this week and I’m 90% satisfied, but 100% believe it was the right choice for me because of the folding still making both storage areas accessible, if you fold it right. To get to the second compartment, you can’t fold the mat and floor over at the same time, you have to fold the mat over, then again for the second piece, “then” you fold the cargo floor twice. If you try to do the cargo floor and mat once, and then again together, it won’t work.
So I’m very pleased at that because I was thinking I was going to have to lift the OEM mat out to get to the 2nd under floor compartment.

As for the quality... it’s definitely more plastic than rubber like, and there’s of course no raised lip. On the positive side, it probably won’t catch up and curl up as much over time like weathertech and the like.

I’m waiting for 3Dmaxpider mats for the front and rear though, because I’m disappointed in pics of the OEM and Weathertech rear seats. Neither look like they go side to side and leave a gap, which is going to catch nearly every time by someone getting in the car and curl up quick.
If maxpider goes end to end, they’ll be winners for me.
Old 05-04-2019, 05:48 PM
Advanced

Still waiting for the Maxpider. I followed up this week. They are still a month or two away from me.

Prototype cargo liner is coming in for a test fit in two weeks. I'm excited about that.
Old 05-04-2019, 06:02 PM
4th Gear

The maxpiders sure are taking a long time for them to come to market. I had them in my last car and Liked them so I may still wait. The oems look nice, but would prefer more coverage. The weathertechs look ok, but I never cared for the plasticy feel and the lips became wavey (admittedly it’s been a decade or so since I had any experience with them, so I don’t know if they changed at all).

curious about the tuxmats, coverage looks amazing, but can’t decide if I like the way the look. Anyone have pics of the tuxmats on black interior of an rdx?
Old 05-04-2019, 06:13 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by njtc
The weathertechs look ok, but I never cared for the plasticy feel and the lips became wavey (admittedly it’s been a decade or so since I had any experience with them, so I don’t know if they changed at all).
I agree. A family car has weathertechs from 2016. They got wavy very quickly and slip on the carpet (this car doesn't have the fasteners)
Old 05-05-2019, 09:38 AM
Cruisin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by njtc
curious about the tuxmats, coverage looks amazing, but can’t decide if I like the way the look.
Agree with you.

The coverage seems to be better than the Weathertechs but I don't like how they look so I ended up buying the Weathertechs again. Arrived in two days with standard shipping and happily have them installed.
Old 05-07-2019, 02:38 PM
Advanced

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
I have OEM floor mats, cargo mat, and splash guards. Thinking about cargo cover, but don't really see it as desperately needed since it's pretty difficult to see what's in the trunk, with the small window and dark tint.

So far I've been happy with both mats & splash guards. I think the fit is great, and the RDX logo definitely does it for me better than weathertech's little plastic emblem. It just looks more cohesive - like it's supposed to be there. Anyway, the only dislike I have with the floor mats is that driverside, it doesn't cover the area under the pedals. So I've snuck a clear film underneath and nobody can see it.
Old 05-07-2019, 09:57 PM
10th Gear

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by oblio98
Get the official mats and cargo liner from Curry and save money. I did and it was fast and sweet. (Not affiliated, just a customer)

https://www.curryacuraparts.com/
I just ordered a cargo tray, rear seat cover and cargo net from acuraoemparts.com. Better prices than Curry but they hit you pretty good on shipping.
Old 05-08-2019, 06:38 AM
Pro

Received 218 Likes on 135 Posts
So far so good with the OEMs after 7 months (and through the first winter).

Is it a thing, though, that after going through a full-service car wash the attendants never re-lock the mats and you have to do it yourself?

Quick Reply: OEM all weather mats and cargo tray - are they good?