Notices

New RDX owner ...1 trip to dealer already

 
Old 04-08-2019, 06:32 PM
  #1  
New Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Location: NJ
Posts: 4
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New RDX owner ...1 trip to dealer already

Picked up my brand new 2019 RDX AWD with Tech on Saturday. Had 3 miles on it. Happy.

2 days later the wife had to bring it back to the dealer because the infotainment unit was black and never booted up. The back up camera worked fine. Dealer said it's a known issue and reconnected the battery to reset the unit.

Seems to be ok now. Anyone else experience this? Dealer said they are waiting for the new software update ... Any day now.

thanks!

Frankybeenz is offline  
Old 04-08-2019, 08:26 PM
  #2  
ceb
Registered Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 5,078
Received 1,172 Likes on 871 Posts
Yes, the info unit on this car is main problem area.
ceb is offline  
Old 04-09-2019, 03:07 PM
  #3  
Registered Member
 
jayb082's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Weston, FL
Posts: 275
Received 145 Likes on 63 Posts
I must be lucky - wife and I both have the '19 RDX - i have 2800 miles, she has 800, neither of us have had a single infotainment issue (or any other issue for that matter).
jayb082 is offline  
Old 04-09-2019, 03:55 PM
  #4  
Registered Member
 
Meto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: Kansas City, MO
Posts: 299
Received 90 Likes on 59 Posts
Originally Posted by jayb082 View Post
I must be lucky - wife and I both have the '19 RDX - i have 2800 miles, she has 800, neither of us have had a single infotainment issue (or any other issue for that matter).
Give it time.. You will
Meto is offline  
The following users liked this post:
zroger73 (04-10-2019)
Old 04-09-2019, 04:21 PM
  #5  
Registered Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Age: 46
Posts: 88
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Frankybeenz View Post
Dealer said they are waiting for the new software update ...
Unfortunately, that's what they told us two software updates ago.
dukeh62 is offline  
The following users liked this post:
Frankybeenz (04-09-2019)
Old 04-09-2019, 06:41 PM
  #6  
Registered Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Age: 38
Posts: 36
Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts
This happened to me on Saturday. Mine went black and I took it to the dealer and they reset it. Was very disappointed.

Last edited by PAPI007; 04-09-2019 at 06:54 PM.
PAPI007 is offline  
Old 04-09-2019, 06:51 PM
  #7  
Registered Member
 
NooYawkuh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: NY Panhadle
Posts: 269
Received 45 Likes on 32 Posts
I got the car home and immediately noticed a Camera System Failure.

I didn't bring it back right away because it wasn't critical to the operation or enjoyment of the vehicle and I wanted to see if there was anything else I could find. There wasn't. I brought it in after about a month, they gave me a loaner and fixed the problem. That's all I can expect. And the dealer handled it all about as well as I would expect from a luxury car dealership.

Shit happens and I don't go to 11 every time it does.
NooYawkuh is offline  
The following 2 users liked this post by NooYawkuh:
Frankybeenz (04-09-2019), justnspace (04-09-2019)
Old 04-09-2019, 08:11 PM
  #8  
New Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Location: NJ
Posts: 4
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Progress .... No infotainment blackouts today!!

Frankybeenz is offline  
Old 04-09-2019, 09:20 PM
  #9  
ceb
Registered Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 5,078
Received 1,172 Likes on 871 Posts
Originally Posted by Frankybeenz View Post
Progress .... No infotainment blackouts today!!

ceb is offline  
Old 04-10-2019, 08:23 AM
  #10  
Registered Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Age: 38
Posts: 36
Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts
Talking

Originally Posted by NooYawkuh View Post
I got the car home and immediately noticed a Camera System Failure.

I didn't bring it back right away because it wasn't critical to the operation or enjoyment of the vehicle and I wanted to see if there was anything else I could find. There wasn't. I brought it in after about a month, they gave me a loaner and fixed the problem. That's all I can expect. And the dealer handled it all about as well as I would expect from a luxury car dealership.

Shit happens and I don't go to 11 every time it does.
IMO, Not having an infotainment system that I can listen to my tunes and use my $47k navigation system would hinder my enjoyment of the vehicle drastically and would NOT wait a month to have it resolved, so yes I would go to 11 at this point.
PAPI007 is offline  
Old 04-10-2019, 09:37 AM
  #11  
Registered Member
 
Stew4HD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Sugar Land, TX
Posts: 5,427
Received 1,007 Likes on 662 Posts
I have nearly 12K miles on mine and really haven't had any major infotainment issues on mine. Some USB connectivity and playback but noting worth taking in to get fixed.
Stew4HD is offline  
Old 04-10-2019, 09:58 AM
  #12  
Registered Member
 
wdmacura's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Location: West Des Moines, IA
Posts: 38
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I had to disconnect the battery last night to reset this very same issue. Save yourself the hassle of the dealership trip and do it yourself in 5 minutes. Just need a 10mm wrench. All settings in the infotainment stayed but did have to re-do the seat/mirror position memory.

These things are not unusual for a FMC. My 2013 Accord lease had issues (first model year for 9th gen)...leased into a 2016 which was a MMR and feel like they sorted out many of the issues that the 13-15 had. If you buy the first iteration of a FMC, plan on being a beta-tester.
wdmacura is offline  
The following users liked this post:
Frankybeenz (04-10-2019)
Old 04-10-2019, 10:08 PM
  #13  
Registered Member
 
RDX10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 4,845
Received 624 Likes on 502 Posts
Originally Posted by wdmacura View Post
I had to disconnect the battery last night to reset this very same issue. Save yourself the hassle of the dealership trip and do it yourself in 5 minutes. Just need a 10mm wrench. All settings in the infotainment stayed but did have to re-do the seat/mirror position memory.

These things are not unusual for a FMC. My 2013 Accord lease had issues (first model year for 9th gen)...leased into a 2016 which was a MMR and feel like they sorted out many of the issues that the 13-15 had. If you buy the first iteration of a FMC, plan on being a beta-tester.
Especially one that is light years ahead of the prior model.
RDX10 is offline  
The following users liked this post:
markm929 (04-11-2019)
Old 04-11-2019, 06:41 AM
  #14  
New Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Age: 61
Posts: 1
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
RDX Radio

I have had issues with my 2019 RDX infotainment system since August 2918! Has anyone had theirs successfully fixed?
Very frustrating when the dealer and Acura just tell you a fix is in the works.
jcjet49 is offline  
Old 04-11-2019, 09:49 AM
  #15  
Registered Member
 
wdmacura's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Location: West Des Moines, IA
Posts: 38
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by jcjet49 View Post
I have had issues with my 2019 RDX infotainment system since August 2918! Has anyone had theirs successfully fixed?
Very frustrating when the dealer and Acura just tell you a fix is in the works.
Hopefully they will find a fix by 2918.

wdmacura is offline  
Old 04-11-2019, 10:46 AM
  #16  
Still a newbie
 
JDMaccord3.5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: South FL
Posts: 190
Received 57 Likes on 47 Posts
I had the the screen freeze one month after owning the car, it would not shut down even after getting out of the vehicle

Pulling the fuse fixed it for me. It was one of the only 15A fuses (blue, 3rd fuse from upper right.) on the fuse box underneath the dash
JDMaccord3.5 is offline  
Old 04-11-2019, 11:44 AM
  #17  
New Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Age: 59
Posts: 4
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Coukdnt you just pull the ECUm or ECM fuse to reboot system rather then loose all your systems?
Takeum is offline  
Old 04-11-2019, 05:38 PM
  #18  
Registered Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Age: 39
Posts: 146
Likes: 0
Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
The 2020 RDX should come with a one press reset button on the dash next to the start button.
Njbrandon is offline  
Old 04-12-2019, 01:06 PM
  #19  
Registered Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Posts: 575
Received 87 Likes on 65 Posts
Originally Posted by Njbrandon View Post
The 2020 RDX should come with a one press reset button on the dash next to the start button.
Knowing Acura, it will be a three button reset, Ctrl-alt-del.... Wait there is already a three finger soft reset.
acuraada is offline  
The following users liked this post:
Madd Dog (05-05-2019)
Old 05-05-2019, 02:52 PM
  #20  
ceb
Registered Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 5,078
Received 1,172 Likes on 871 Posts
And the class action lawsuits are already starting....

I wonder how this will end up

Last edited by ceb; 05-05-2019 at 02:57 PM.
ceb is offline  
The following 2 users liked this post by ceb:
dukeh62 (05-05-2019), Stew4HD (05-06-2019)
Old 05-06-2019, 07:23 AM
  #21  
Registered Member
 
Stew4HD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Sugar Land, TX
Posts: 5,427
Received 1,007 Likes on 662 Posts
Lawyers are going to make a lot of money on it but it's still worth punishing Honda for this. No excuse for so many issues
Stew4HD is offline  
 
Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
Marino Moutafis
New Member Introductions
0
01-02-2019 06:03 PM
YarsRevenge
Second Generation RDX (2013-2018)
1
01-05-2014 04:44 PM
vulches
1G & 2G MDX Discussion (2001-2013)
6
08-06-2012 08:18 PM
oonowindoo
Car Talk
0
11-16-2004 09:11 PM
Achance
Ramblings
7
04-16-2003 03:43 PM


Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: New RDX owner ...1 trip to dealer already


Contact Us - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.