Old 01-07-2019, 02:47 PM
Drifting

Received 803 Likes on 528 Posts
Originally Posted by EFR
We looked at and drove everything pretty much that has been mentioned. The only two we gave no consideration to was the Lexus NX and Honda CRV. One not mentioned that we liked a lot was the new Subaru Ascent. If not for buying the RDX which has been problem free, the Subaru would have been the one. But the reality too is that the gap between luxury and non luxury has closed some.
Agreed. We have an '18 CR-V Touring that we really like, however, it is not "luxury" but that wasn't our intended purpose when we bought it. It will remain in our garage as local commuter (8 miles each way rural type driving) for my wife after we buy whatever we are going to get this round. I'm not excited about the NX, but haven't investigated it at all.... and undecided if I want to consider the Ascent, thanks for mentioning it! I may have a test drive, just to see. Really have no need for the 3rd row... it and the Nautilus may be bigger than what we really want or need, but it does get great reviews.
Old 01-07-2019, 03:22 PM
Instructor

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts
A deal breaker for me was the CVT transmission, which is one of the reasons I bought the RDX. As much as I complain about my RDX Advance, it has a superior drive train. I love the way the transmission shifts, especially in Sport mode. I'm as avid listener of Scotty Kilmer podcasts. He is very knowledgeable and often cites stats on CVT longevity. Except for Toyota, most CVT's do not last. They are designed without gears, operating with belts instead. The sole purpose of it is fuel mileage at the detriment durability.
Old 01-07-2019, 08:08 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 869 Likes on 665 Posts
Originally Posted by Stew4HD
I traded in a MKX on the RDX.. the MKX (now Nautilus) was trouble free and had everything but HUD that my Advance does plus folding mirrors. I highly recommend the OP take a look and test drive.. I do miss the welcome lighting on the MKX.. just something about walking up to your vehicle in and have it light up when you get within a certain proximity.

The ability to change the interior lighting to most any different color is quite nice too. Price should be comporable
Out of curiosity what made you trade in and or not consider getting a Nautilus this time around?

BTW I'm still having a hard time not calling it MKX.

Originally Posted by JB in AZ
I definitely plan to test drive the Nautilus. We have owned two current Gen Escape Titaniums, (which also have the ability to change interior lighting color, BTW) and have been very happy, except for the lack of rear seat leg room, poor resale value, (we generally trade in at 3-4 years) and less than expected fuel economy.. The Ford/Lincoln dealer here has the best service dept I have ever dealt with in 40+ years.

However, my internal struggle is always for better fuel economy. Yes, I know it is only a few dollars a year difference, but I seem to have a hard time reconciling it. In 15,000 miles we are averaging 33 mpg in our 18 CR-V Touring FWD vs 28 mpg (same driving style, same typical routes) in our '15 Escape 1.6 L Turbo FWD (which will be traded in on what ever we decide on). In considering a "Premium or Luxury" brand for the first time, should I just not consider the fuel economy?

I really like Hybrids, and would like to find an RDX size CUV in a premium brand that offers a hybrid engine option. There have been rumors of a Hybrid CR-V coming to the US (has been announced for Europe) But I am thinking the manufactures assume that most buyers of premium brands don't care about fuel economy. How can I get this issue out of my head? LOL I am definitely in a financial place where the extra cost isn't an issue. Yet, I smile every time I fill up the CRV and see the calculated mpg in the low to mid 30s.

With all this said, I believe most Ford/Lincoln products don't meet EPA mpg ratings in real life (at least for me, and widely reported as well), yet most Honda/Acura products exceed them.

I guess I can't have it all, luxury, and exceptional fuel economy.

Rambling over.
In some expensive cases (i.e with sport hybrids) you truly CAN have luxury and sport with great fuel economy but that technology is still fairly new and not very common in more affordable options yet.

I can understand however about wanting something good on gas. But think about it like this, the CRV fuel economy offsets whatever your second vehicle is and IMO if your ford-Lincoln dealer is as good as you say, then it would tip the scale that way further IMO.

At the end of the day you should get something you're happy with. Fwiw the Nautilus has been in production for a few years now meanwhile the RDX is brand new. Since you trade up every 3-4 years you could get it now and get the RDX when the rumored sport hybrid comes out.
Old 01-07-2019, 08:25 PM
Null and proud of it

Received 898 Likes on 788 Posts
I didn't even know it switched to Natalius until the other day.
Old 01-08-2019, 02:59 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 147 Likes on 112 Posts
Originally Posted by RDX10
Since you trade up every 3-4 years you could get it now and get the RDX when the rumored sport hybrid comes out.
Is the rumor from a reliable source? I would totally hold off a purchase if they bring sports hybrid for 2020 model!
Old 01-08-2019, 05:45 PM
Drifting

Do yourself a favor and take a look at the Lincoln Nautilus. I personally think the new refresh looks amazing and it's truly an incredibly luxurious experience. The drivetrain is also solid. Not sure what it's priced like in the states though.
Went to the Lincoln dealer today, and sat in a Nautilus Reserve. 2.0L T FWD ~$53,000 (USD) MSRP. It is indeed very luxurious inside. I didn't drive it. It seemed very big. The center console/armrest was wide and seemed high. It's not off my list yet, just didnt have time for a proper test drive today.
Old 01-08-2019, 06:20 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by acuraada
Is the rumor from a reliable source? I would totally hold off a purchase if they bring sports hybrid for 2020 model!
Honestly it's pure forum speculation at this point. No solid basis for it as of yet.

Went to the Lincoln dealer today, and sat in a Nautilus Reserve. 2.0L T FWD ~$53,000 (USD) MSRP. It is indeed very luxurious inside. I didn't drive it. It seemed very big. The center console/armrest was wide and seemed high. It's not off my list yet, just didnt have time for a proper test drive today.
It feels like a BMW level interior right?! Way different than the previous versions. I keep forgetting about the 2.0T model, let us know how it drives if you drive that version. Also yes it's definitely not small but at 190" long it's definitely in the lower end of mid-sized. I'm glad you went and took a look, super over looked vehicle.
Old 01-08-2019, 06:52 PM
Racer

Received 59 Likes on 44 Posts
I don't like the front end of the Nautilus (at all) but the rest of the car looks really good. Not sure if I could but a Lincoln, though, personally. No particular reason why.
Old 01-09-2019, 07:18 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 1,092 Likes on 714 Posts
Out of curiosity what made you trade in and or not consider getting a Nautilus this time around?

BTW I'm still having a hard time not calling it MKX.

Still no HUD in the MKX.. I mean Nautilus The shape of the center console is in RDX is so much nicer for my long legs. If the Nautilus had HUD, I might have waited and went with that.

I am not really impressed with the grill on the Nautilus either. I liked the previous look better... more aggressive look vs. this new "Continental" look.
Old 01-13-2019, 10:12 AM
Drifting

Something I don't see used on this forum very much, are personal signatures. When folks put their vehicles specifics in the signature area at the bottom of their posts, It is very helpful to others to be able to see the specific year or trim line that poster is refereeing to. With that said, I want to add a signature line to my posts, but at the moment, I can't seem to find the place to add that to mine.. Maybe it's just too early in the morning? Any help is appreciated.

A BIG "thank you" to a few who HAVE added a signature with vehicle details!
Old 01-13-2019, 10:15 AM
Drifting

Something I don't see used on this forum very much, are personal signatures. When folks put their vehicles specifics in the signature area at the bottom of their posts, It is very helpful to others to be able to see the specific year or trim line that poster is refereeing to. With that said, I want to add a signature line to my posts, but at the moment, I can't seem to find the place to add that to mine.. Maybe it's just too early in the morning? Any help is appreciated.

A BIG "thank you" to a few who HAVE added a signature with vehicle details!
SOON, I will be able to edit my posts for typos. refereeing = "referring"
Old 01-13-2019, 10:17 AM
Null and proud of it

I'm using AZ mobile and I think I have a signature set, but it never appears in either mobile or desktop mode. If I do have one, please let md know, been wondering about since I joined.
Old 01-13-2019, 10:29 AM
Drifting

Originally Posted by Midnight Mystery
I'm using AZ mobile and I think I have a signature set, but it never appears in either mobile or desktop mode. If I do have one, please let md know, been wondering about since I joined.
I don't see yours using the desktop site on my laptop.
Old 01-13-2019, 10:41 AM
Null and proud of it

I don't see yours using the desktop site on my laptop.
I enter it, save changes, then it doesn't appear.

When I was in there, I discovered that I could reset the threads to where they load top to bottom, meaning I no longer have to scroll or jump to last page, makes it load faster. I accessed this through user control panel via mobile site.
Old 01-13-2019, 12:44 PM
Drifting

So, it appears that I can't edit my profile, including adding a signature, until I have been registered for 15 days. Another few days, maybe 1/19/19. Then I will add a signature. Who knows, maybe by then I will be able to add my first RDX to my signature!
Old 01-13-2019, 12:48 PM
Racer

Who knows, maybe by then I will be able to add my first RDX to my signature!

Old 01-13-2019, 05:23 PM
Null and proud of it

Originally Posted by Sounds
Old 01-15-2019, 04:33 PM
Drifting

So, I finally got to test drive the '19 RDX with Advance package today. White with parchment interior. I don't like a dark interior, and my current '18 CR-V (which we will keep) has the grey interior, so parchment it is. The RDX is everything I expected, based on viewing/reading numerous "professional" reviews, and all the input from current (and prior) owners here. Wonderful insight! Thanks again for all the info everyone!!!.

I found that my concern about the "enhanced " engine sounds was unfounded. If it is added, I didn't notice it, but to be fair, I am recovering from a two week bout of 80% hearing loss. I am about 90-95% back to normal hearing now, and I didn't find it to be an issue. It is non existent in Comfort mode. Speaking of Comfort mode, It apparently can/will stay as the default setting, based upon 3 or 4 engine restarts during my time with the vehicle today. Sales rep confirmed this behavior. The vehicle performed very well. I agree with some comments that the trans seems to shift quickly to get out of 1st or 2nd gear, it also didn't seem to be an issue. I didn't notice any hash or abrupt or slow shifts. The acceleration is wonderful, even in Comfort mode. The car is sufficiently quiet, but It does lean just a tab bit more toward performance and less toward true quiet comfy luxury....which is how it expected to be. The heads up display is very nice, and I tried the TrueTouchpad several times, and it seems to be very easy to learn, at least for me. The versatility of the display screen is amazing. I forgot to observe the back up camera image as it has been mentioned here that it possibly sub par. I don't understand the concern many here have posted regarding the lack of a zoom feature on the GPS map display. I assume that it means one can't pinch or stretch two fingers to zoom in and out like a smartphone. You CAN zoom with the + and - buttons on the screen, from the touch pad, of course. While this is not the best,,it is ok with me, BUT I WILL need Android Auto (more below) The seats are very comfortable, yet not overly firm or soft. I didn't try all the seat settings/adjustments, but it did easily find a good setting, and seemed ok for me on the 20-25 minute test drive.

Lack of Android Auto is a concern as I have posted before. The sales rep acknowledged it is an issue for many, and the last he heard it will be available "end of January" But he also said that he previously had heard it would be available by the end of December. YEAH, RIGHT! This is a major concern to me.

The other concern is the number of reported "issues" with the infotainment system, and limp mode, and other issues, and Acura's apparent responses. I understand this is the place one will definitely hear about them, but it also seems to me that at the price point of this vehicle, one would expect a higher level of quality control. Especially from Acura/Honda.

I also test drove several competitors this week:
Volvo XC40 T5 and XC60 T5. XC40 was surprisingly nice, but just seemed like an loaded up economy car, rather than a Premium or entry Luxury car..Roughly $45,000 well equipped. XC60? Eh, it was OK. Seemed pricey.. Not off my list, but closer to the bottom now.

Lexus NX300 and NX300h. Nice, but seemed to be getting a bit long in the tooth. Hybrid uses a CVT, which is fine by me, but has less horse power than the Turbo 4, which uses a 6 speed automatic..I am a big fan of hybrids, and might just keep this higher on my list because of the availability of the hybrid power train.and the resultant higher MPG. (33/30/31). The NX is probably ready for a full redesign, and I suspect it will get one, based,on the new RAV4 platform in the next year or so. BTW, It is very hard to tell that the current NX is related to the out-going RAV4. As I mentioned I don't like dark interiors, and the only other interior color options on the NX are "Creme" which looks almost yellow, and a caramel color that wasn't available to see.

Lexus RX350 . Drives nice. Gets VERY pricey easily close to $60,000 when loaded with the equipment offered on the RDX Advance package. Also seem to be aging, although they sell a ton of them, as they do of the NX.

Cadillac XT4: I was pleasantly surprised. This is a very nice car, great acceleration, good handling, very nice interior, comfortable, good looking inside and out, (IMHO) Cadillac uses a real touch screen and this infotainment system has a good reputation. Many, many options need to be selected (almost dizzying) to get it at or above the RDX in features...also will be about $5,000 more comparably equipped, I believe. Quite roomy, especially when you consider it is 5 inches shorter then the RDX. Apparently, they are selling like hotcakes, and two that I drove yesterday, were sold yesterday. They didn't have one equipped the way I would want (similarly equipped to the Advance the RDX) and offered to order me one, that would take 8 weeks to get. Besides it being a "first year" vehicle, and GM, I doubt I will pursue this option, but I was very impressed. Big negative? The rear windshield wiper is mounted from the top of the rear glass, and results in a big black box at the top of the rear glass holding the motor), that interferes with the view to the back. I don't know If I could get used to this. I had driven the XT5 previously, and wasn't impressed at all.

Lincoln Nautilus: Still haven't driven this, but have an appointment to do so this Thursday.

So there it is, I haven't made up my mind or even got my "top two" yet. I think the RDX is one of them, but undecided on the other, or their ranking.

To use a famous quote: "I'LL BE BAAAAACKK"

All replies,counter points and other suggestions welcomed and appreciated. Trying to keep the total to no more than $50,000-$53,000. Also considering my first lease.
The following 2 users liked this post by JB in AZ:
GW208 (01-15-2019), JustMe... (01-15-2019)
Old 01-15-2019, 04:36 PM
Drifting

ARGH! I am not able to edit yet, but forgot to mention that the Lexus NX and RX do not have Android Auto, and it is NOT promised. They do have Apple Carplay. One strike against the NX.
Old 01-15-2019, 04:48 PM
Drifting

Living in the desert SW, and not being a canyon racer myself, I am also ONLY considering FWD vehicles, (except the hybrid that has small electric motors for the rear wheels, so they call it AWD)
Old 01-15-2019, 05:22 PM
Racer

Received 101 Likes on 68 Posts
Nice write up JB! I'm surprised you liked the XT4. I drove one when they first hit the dealers and it felt like I was in a glorified Chevy. Nothing special about the ride and it was quite cramped.

Have you checked out the Germans? If I was told to spend $53k on a CUV, I would not hesitate in getting a Q5. You can get a fully loaded Prestige for about that in my area.

Oh, and you can edit after 15 days. You're almost there!
Old 01-15-2019, 05:41 PM
Drifting

Originally Posted by JustMe...
Nice write up JB! I'm surprised you liked the XT4. I drove one when they first hit the dealers and it felt like I was in a glorified Chevy. Nothing special about the ride and it was quite cramped.

Have you checked out the Germans? If I was told to spend $53k on a CUV, I would not hesitate in getting a Q5. You can get a fully loaded Prestige for about that in my area.

Oh, and you can edit after 15 days. You're almost there!
I obviously had a different feeling in the XT4. In fact, I drove them yesterday, and again today. Of course, I haven't driven a Chevy in a VERY long time, (can't even remember when!) so I can't compare. Motor Trend did a 3 car comparo between RDX, XT4 and QX50. RDX #1, XT4 #2, QX50 #3. Re: XT4 they wrote: "Decent handling that comes with the best infotainment of the group, but poor use of interior space makes it's loud cabin feel cramped" I didn't find it cramped or loud. But I think it is out due to the black box on rear window.

QX50? No thanks. LOL

Germans? Hmm. I MIGHT consider looking at the Q5...Not interested in the MB or BMW.

Re: editing, yes, I think 3 or so more days! I am a terrible typist, and knowing that I can't go back and edit, it takes me a very long time to type a post, as I TRY to not make many mistakes, obviously, I need to try harder!
Old 01-15-2019, 05:57 PM
Instructor

JB in AZ

Not to put to sharp of a point on the RDX Navi, the ability to zoom the screen is only when it's in Explore mode. When in Explore mode, the car arrow will not follow your driving progress and will eventually go off screen. The only scaling that the RDX Navi does is to automatically shift from 500' to 1000' when driving on the freeway. But this feature is inconsistent. Today I drove 50 miles on the freeway. During that time the Navi stayed on 500'. During the return trip, it adjusted to 1000'. The screen went back to 500' when I exited onto surface streets. However, the 1000' label stayed on, even though the screen was clearly 500', for about 5 minutes. The more I drive my car the more disappointed I am with the infotainment system. It is glitchy at many levels and lacks features common in other cars at the same price point. Moreover, Honda America doesn't have any answers as of my last conversation with Client Relations.
Old 01-15-2019, 06:14 PM
Suzuka Master

I obviously had a different feeling in the XT4. In fact, I drove them yesterday, and again today. Of course, I haven't driven a Chevy in a VERY long time, (can't even remember when!) so I can't compare. Motor Trend did a 3 car comparo between RDX, XT4 and QX50. RDX #1, XT4 #2, QX50 #3. Re: XT4 they wrote: "Decent handling that comes with the best infotainment of the group, but poor use of interior space makes it's loud cabin feel cramped" I didn't find it cramped or loud. But I think it is out due to the black box on rear window.

QX50? No thanks. LOL

Germans? Hmm. I MIGHT consider looking at the Q5...Not interested in the MB or BMW.

Re: editing, yes, I think 3 or so more days! I am a terrible typist, and knowing that I can't go back and edit, it takes me a very long time to type a post, as I TRY to not make many mistakes, obviously, I need to try harder!
The new Q5 is AMAZING!!!!

I have never driven anything that handles nearly as well and it is QUICK. Very competent handling and acceleration and that was the 2.0T model. Had a 2018 one as a service loaner for a week so I had a lot of experience. The digital dash is SO cool. The material quality is amazing and the feel of the switch gear is impressive as hell. Every button and switch has a satisfying feel and heft to it. Every button has a satisfying click too. Very roomy and comfortable. I would get one in a heartbeat.

The only negative was that the 7 speed dual clutch occasionally hiccuped but otherwise very very nice vehicle.
Old 01-15-2019, 06:36 PM
Instructor

The new Q5 is AMAZING!!!!

I have never driven anything that handles nearly as well and it is QUICK. Very competent handling and acceleration and that was the 2.0T model. Had a 2018 one as a service loaner for a week so I had a lot of experience. The digital dash is SO cool. The material quality is amazing and the feel of the switch gear is impressive as hell. Every button and switch has a satisfying feel and heft to it. Every button has a satisfying click too. Very roomy and comfortable. I would get one in a heartbeat.

The only negative was that the 7 speed dual clutch occasionally hiccuped but otherwise very very nice vehicle.
We were on the fence between the Audi Q5 and the RDX. I agree the Q5 is a great car. Maintenance is very pricey: $250 to $300 oil changes.
Old 01-15-2019, 06:50 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by Havasubum
Maintenance is very pricey: $250 to $300 oil changes.
That's insane!
Old 01-15-2019, 07:01 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by Sounds
That's insane!
Forgot to mention that the Audi Q5 has Apple Car Play, but the 2018 I looked at didn't have adaptive cruise.
Old 01-15-2019, 07:12 PM
Pro

Received 233 Likes on 140 Posts
I drove almost every crossover, new and used with a goal of under $50K. I really liked the used 2016 Q5 and X3 with the 3.0T but I'm afraid of the maintenance and repair costs. I also surprisingly liked the 2019 Hyundai Santa Fe Ultimate 2.0T. Really loaded and a heck of a deal but it's just not luxury enough for my wife.

Test drove a 2016 NX200 with the luxury package and nearly bought it but in the end didn't like the look.

RDX: I really like the look of the A-Spec but wish you could get it with the Advance features. I was very close to buying an AWD A-Spec as I didn't like the look of the Advance. Few things I couldn't get past on the A-Spec. Interior noise. Too loud for a nearly $50k vehicle. The piped in engine noise was a big turnoff for me and a deal killer for my wife. I know you can put it in comfort mode to lessen it but it should have a dial or switch to completely turn it off. The A-Spec is also missing some features I wanted. Heated wheel, folding mirrors, adaptable suspension and a spare tire. I liked everything else about it. However there are no incentives, and it's selling for close to MSRP in my area. The traditional lease money factor is also terrible. So bad that it's actually cheaper to lease an MDX. In the end I was at $48K out the door on an A-Spec with a 2 month wait for the color combo I wanted. No way I'm paying that much.

I ended up taking another look at the NX. It was refreshed in 2018 with a better infotainment system, standard safety options and slightly different front and rear designs. I test drove a new 2019 AWD F-Sport with nearly every option I could want. $48K MSRP. Base of $40K with $8K in options. Love the look of the F-Sport and it has adaptable variable suspension with a Sport+ mode not found on the Base model. I really can tell the difference between normal and Sport+ modes. It's like two different vehicles. It has CarPlay but I find myself just using the stock system. The Nav is actually very good with traffic and weather via HD radio and the ability to save favorite destinations.
I got a very nice deal as I bought it right after Christmas. Lexus is also offering $2,500 in lease cash and the lowest base money factor in the business. The 56% residual value also makes it very favorable to lease. In the end it was a few thousand cheaper than the A-Spec.

Oh and it has an engine noise dial......it's quite ridiculous when you turn it up all the way. Adding fake engine noise is dumb IMO. I don't see the point. Thankfully you can turn it completely off.

I wish it had the pano roof but I like everything else about it.

I'll revisit the RDX when my lease is up. It's a nice vehicle, especially compared to the last gen.
Old 01-15-2019, 07:28 PM
Burning Brakes

We were on the fence between the Audi Q5 and the RDX. I agree the Q5 is a great car. Maintenance is very pricey: $250 to $300 oil changes.
Also make sure you lease, Q5 has really poor quality, don't have any data for the new model obviously but I know at least 3-4 Q5 owners all needing major repairs after 5 yrs or so. I wouldn't touch it (for purchase)
Old 01-15-2019, 07:30 PM
Drifting

Originally Posted by acuraada
Also make sure you lease, Q5 has really poor quality, don't have any data for the new model obviously but I know at least 3-4 Q5 owners all needing major repairs after 5 yrs or so. I wouldn't touch it (for purchase)
This is just one reason I have hesitated to even look at the "Germans". Routine maintenance costs are another.
Old 01-15-2019, 07:37 PM
Burning Brakes

This is just one reason I have hesitated to even look at the "Germans". Routine maintenance costs are another.
When it comes to the Germans, I find that the manufacturing plant is very important. Quite frankly, some are just better/mature than others.

The new Q5 is made in a brand new plant just south of our border so I would tread carefully.
Old 01-15-2019, 07:38 PM
Null and proud of it

Germans are best left with little to no strings attached, otherwise, it becomes a bang and blame later on, from what I've heard.
Old 01-15-2019, 07:42 PM
Racer

Received 66 Likes on 58 Posts
I would test drive the Volvo XC 60 T6 as well.....I found it much peppier than the t5....Its Hp and toruq is below that have the RDX.....go up to the T6 and its #'s are above the RDX..and I found it much quiter .Spend another $1000 and add the Polestar tuning and they say its well worth the $$$$..bit more HP and Torque and its put in places where u use it!! Its at the top of my list.(could add it o the T5 as well)...and the 1 I will be buying if I decide to buy a new vehicle..but we all have different likes/dislikes.....good luck on ur decision

Last edited by flames9; 01-15-2019 at 07:45 PM.
Old 01-15-2019, 07:44 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by flames9
I would test drive the Volvo XC 60 T6 as well.....I found it much peppier than the t5.....Spend another $1000 and add the Polestar tuning and they say its wel worth the $$$$..bit more HP and Torque and its put in places where u use it!! Its at the top of my list....and the 1 I will be buying if I decide to buy a new vehicle..but we all have different likes/dislikes.....good luck on ur decision
Buyers should know that Volvo was purchased by a Chinese company
Old 01-15-2019, 07:45 PM
Pro

Received 233 Likes on 140 Posts
How's the reliability/maintenance for a Volvo? I've never considered them.
Old 01-15-2019, 07:46 PM
Racer

Yep and buyers should know that some reports say those made in china, exceed those made in other parts of the world.
Old 01-15-2019, 07:47 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 257 Likes on 177 Posts
Is that any worse than being owned by Ford?
Old 01-15-2019, 07:53 PM
Drifting

Originally Posted by flames9
I would test drive the Volvo XC 60 T6 as well.....I found it much peppier than the t5....Its Hp and toruq is below that have the RDX.....go up to the T6 and its #'s are above the RDX..and I found it much quiter .Spend another $1000 and add the Polestar tuning and they say its well worth the $$$$..bit more HP and Torque and its put in places where u use it!! Its at the top of my list.(could add it o the T5 as well)...and the 1 I will be buying if I decide to buy a new vehicle..but we all have different likes/dislikes.....good luck on ur decision
I issue I had with the Volvos is the "porous" moonroof shade. Here in AZ, we get ALOT of sun in the summer, and I really don't like seeing the sun peaking through the shade when it is closed.

I knew that Volvo was bought by a Chinese company. The Volvos I looked at today even said final assembly point was in China. Based on CRs Volvos (XC60) reliability is average or perhaps slightly below. This doesn't seem to have changed since they were bought by the Chinese company in 2010, however. From 1999 until 2010, they were part of Ford.
Old 01-15-2019, 07:59 PM
Racer

I issue I had with the Volvos is the "porous" moonroof shade. Here in AZ, we get ALOT of sun in the summer, and I really don't like seeing the sun peaking through the shade when it is closed.

I knew that Volvo was bought by a Chinese company. The Volvos I looked at today even said final assembly point was in China. Based on CRs Volvos (XC60) reliability is average or perhaps slightly below. This doesn't seem to have changed since they were bought by the Chinese company in 2010, however. From 1999 until 2010, they were part of Ford.
Yes I have read some wished that liner was thicker to block out more sunlight......love the massaging chairs......the self parallel park/rear park is pretty neat too..the cooler cubby hole..android auto.....the free 3 year maintenance sounds cool.....until u see the first 1 is at 10,000 miles,lol so not a big deal. On the Volvo forums the XC 60 seems to do very well..the XC90 seems to have had more issues...RDX is a great car as well
Old 01-15-2019, 11:12 PM
Suzuka Master

The Germans are historically not very good with reliability but I also think it's bullshit to say that Acura is doing any better at the moment with the RDX.
The following users liked this post:
Havasubum (01-16-2019)

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: New member