Messages App Unusable - AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community

Notices

Messages App Unusable

Old 01-31-2019, 09:56 AM
Registered Member

Messages App Unusable

Has anybody else noticed that the messages app in the infotainment system is pretty much unusable? The system will notify me that a message has come in but when I go to listen to it the stupid thing proceeds to tell me the time it came in, the person that sent it along with their phone number, everybody that the message was sent to along with their phone numbers, and then FINALLY the message. It's absolutely ridiculous. The best part is that it doesn't even let you view the message on the screen while the car is moving, which pretty much defeats the whole purpose of the stupid thing. I might as well just take my phone out and read the message at that point, haha. I have noticed that sometimes it will read the message without all the crap beforehand, but I'm not sure why. Maybe it's only for group messages that it details all the minutia? Just another reason why Android Auto would be nice to have.
Old 01-31-2019, 10:37 AM
Registered Member

Agreed. The stock messaging application is awful and they still have not completely fixed the ear-piercing notifications. For those reasons, I have turned off notifications and use Android Auto (from my vent mounted phone) for messaging, et al.
Old 02-09-2019, 12:58 PM
Registered Member

For me it seems to only do it for group text messages, for single person, A to B texts it works fine. Seems more of just a bug that needs to be sorted out between the phone to bluetooth connection. Nothing a software update wont fix.