AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community

AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community (https://acurazine.com/forums/)
-   3G RDX (2019+) (https://acurazine.com/forums/3g-rdx-2019-454/)
-   -   Messages App Unusable (https://acurazine.com/forums/3g-rdx-2019-454/messages-app-unusable-976839/)

linkkingx 01-31-2019 08:56 AM

Messages App Unusable

Has anybody else noticed that the messages app in the infotainment system is pretty much unusable? The system will notify me that a message has come in but when I go to listen to it the stupid thing proceeds to tell me the time it came in, the person that sent it along with their phone number, everybody that the message was sent to along with their phone numbers, and then FINALLY the message. It's absolutely ridiculous. The best part is that it doesn't even let you view the message on the screen while the car is moving, which pretty much defeats the whole purpose of the stupid thing. I might as well just take my phone out and read the message at that point, haha. I have noticed that sometimes it will read the message without all the crap beforehand, but I'm not sure why. Maybe it's only for group messages that it details all the minutia? Just another reason why Android Auto would be nice to have.

rfbarry19 01-31-2019 09:37 AM

Agreed. The stock messaging application is awful and they still have not completely fixed the ear-piercing notifications. For those reasons, I have turned off notifications and use Android Auto (from my vent mounted phone) for messaging, et al.

AZ4035 02-09-2019 11:58 AM

For me it seems to only do it for group text messages, for single person, A to B texts it works fine. Seems more of just a bug that needs to be sorted out between the phone to bluetooth connection. Nothing a software update wont fix.

Alexis C 05-09-2019 02:49 PM

Originally Posted by linkkingx (Post 16374733)
Has anybody else noticed that the messages app in the infotainment system is pretty much unusable? The system will notify me that a message has come in but when I go to listen to it the stupid thing proceeds to tell me the time it came in, the person that sent it along with their phone number, everybody that the message was sent to along with their phone numbers, and then FINALLY the message. It's absolutely ridiculous. The best part is that it doesn't even let you view the message on the screen while the car is moving, which pretty much defeats the whole purpose of the stupid thing. I might as well just take my phone out and read the message at that point, haha. I have noticed that sometimes it will read the message without all the crap beforehand, but I'm not sure why. Maybe it's only for group messages that it details all the minutia? Just another reason why Android Auto would be nice to have.

I have the same issue and it's not just with group texts. It is very annoying it takes 2 minutes to hear a text message that simply says OK!
The video on Acura site is not accurate at all as to how it works. I asked my salesman and no one ever got back to me! Please let me know if you find a fix.
I wonder if it is because I have an Android.

ssacuraho 05-09-2019 05:35 PM

Is it possible to use the Messages app for iPhones over Bluetooth? I tried and was unsuccessful.

Madd Dog 05-09-2019 06:14 PM

Originally Posted by ssacuraho (Post 16423996)
Is it possible to use the Messages app for iPhones over Bluetooth? I tried and was unsuccessful.

Yeah, got nowhere with that app on my iPhone too.

mikedub88 05-10-2019 08:04 AM

I think it has to do with iMessage. My fiance has a 19M RDX and messages from Apple users read the date/time/number before the message. It reads messages from android users fine. Remember the infotainment is android based.