AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community

AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community (https://acurazine.com/forums/)
-   3G RDX (2019+) (https://acurazine.com/forums/3g-rdx-2019-454/)
-   -   Iphone/Carplay music skips and hiccups (https://acurazine.com/forums/3g-rdx-2019-454/iphone-carplay-music-skips-hiccups-977100/)

chkelly 02-11-2019 11:36 AM

Iphone/Carplay music skips and hiccups

This has been happening since i got the car months ago. Songs from my iphone will skipp and hiccup usually the first 30 seconds or so of some songs off and on. Its like im using a portable cd player in my car circa 1995 when i go over a speed bump. This happening to anyone else? Im hoping its a software and not a hardwire cabling issue.

knakane 02-11-2019 02:57 PM

yes @chkelly this has been happening to me since the beginning. I really don't get why this happens but it does. Some suggested letting the system fully boot (1-3min after startup) then plug in the phone but that doesnt work for me. Some suggested using a stock/OEM Apple cable - that didnt work. Acura & my dealership told me the software update would fix it but my vehicle has had the current version on it since purchase (Oct '18 purchase date). Another random post said to not use 3rd party apps (i.e. Overcast for podcasts - the best podcast app)... I tried that just for fun and of course thats not the problem. Bluetooth works fine and i just hold the phone when i need to use GMaps or AppleMaps or Waze - totally defeats the purpose but I HATE BUGS and this infotainment system is riddled with bugs that i truly do not think will ever get fixed...

Honestly nothing works and one of the main reasons I purchased this car is non-functional. I ended up removing the cable all together and just pretend like I don't have CarPlay at all. For streaming i use bluetooth.

After being a satisfied customer of Honda/Acura for my past 5 vehicles, I can say that this RDX is my last. For the potential i see for future unreliability, the complete dismissal of any issues I am having by both the dealership and Acura Client Services, and the fact that I have never regretted a vehicle purchase however I 100% completely regret purchasing this car.

I hold out a little hope in the back of my mind that they will fix this, but when the dealership is unable to even troubleshoot it and Acura Client Services basically calls just to start an argument with me it makes me think this is a forever problem.

thetrev68 02-11-2019 03:00 PM

In my case, it's a single skip in the beginning of some songs but not very often. It's a known issue. The original software had it bad, the currently OTA update makes it better. Current production has a newer software that I assume will improve it further once released. I don't have any facts or links though - just summarizing what I've read on these forums.

Catman70 02-11-2019 08:10 PM

I had this problem also. For the most part it is fixed by going into your settings and use the “Factory Reset” option. This will clear your system of anything you have saved in it but, it may cure your problems with music skipping

omygod711 02-12-2019 09:39 PM

mind sharing what iPhone you guys are using? Thinking about getting an older iphone just to use carplay, wonder how "old" I can go.

thetrev68 02-12-2019 09:49 PM

Originally Posted by omygod711 (Post 16381599)
mind sharing what iPhone you guys are using? Thinking about getting an older iphone just to use carplay, wonder how "old" I can go.

min my case, iPhone 8 Plus.

knakane 02-14-2019 12:23 PM

Originally Posted by omygod711 (Post 16381599)

XS Max

grandicornis 02-14-2019 01:57 PM

The RDX manual says you need at least an iPhone 5 with iOS 8.4 or later to use Carplay.

patriotsfan82 02-20-2019 07:34 AM

Using an XS Max in my car and the latest update has actually made this behavior much worse.

During the slow startup phase, I now get very large gaps in playback and almost always have to reconnect my device once or twice to stop repetitive skips.

This is audio playback - it's not rocket science. It boggles the mind.

markm929 02-20-2019 10:08 AM

I have found when the music starts to skip while using CarPlay I pause the music, the skips will continue, and once they stop (usually 3-5 secs) I press play and all is well (i.e. no more skips). Definitely some sort of programming glitch.

OliveBread 02-20-2019 10:59 AM

I have an iPhone X and use this particular lightning cable: https://www.anker.com/products/varia...tning/B8116011.

I haven't had any skipping or sound issues. I usually don't close the Acura Link app.

markm929 02-20-2019 11:57 AM

Originally Posted by OliveBread (Post 16385800)
I have an iPhone X and use this particular lightning cable: https://www.anker.com/products/varia...tning/B8116011.

I haven't had any skipping or sound issues. I usually don't close the Acura Link app.

I use the same cable.

Dereileak 02-20-2019 07:21 PM

I had no problems before this last update, and now I get CarPlay constantly disconnecting, I’m getting drive mode can not be switch flashing on my screen over and over even tho I never changed the mode, created a bunch of problems for me

Sounds 02-20-2019 07:23 PM

Originally Posted by Dereileak (Post 16386197)
I had no problems before this last update, and now I get CarPlay constantly disconnecting, I’m getting drive mode can not be switch flashing on my screen over and over even tho I never changed the mode, created a bunch of problems for me

Yikes. Don't these updates get tested before being rolled out?

Dereileak 02-20-2019 07:30 PM

Originally Posted by Sounds (Post 16386198)
Yikes. Don't these updates get tested before being rolled out?

yea I think we are the testers 😂