Invoice Price on Acura RDX

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2018, 07:09 PM
Instructor

Received 55 Likes on 34 Posts
Invoice Price on Acura RDX

Now that June 1 is officially here . And MSRP price is out .. Does anybody have any INVOICE pricing for the RDX yet ?
I checked Edmunds and KBB , but they dont even have the 2019 prices yet ....
Old 06-01-2018, 08:06 PM
Instructor

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
Based on my experience today. You do not need to know invoice. Ha.
likely same margins as last year percentage wise.

I made an offer on a Red Tech of $700 below STICKER and was basically told to pound sand.
I may just switch to Audi.
Old 06-01-2018, 08:20 PM
Instructor

I believe it was too new .. Just wait for a couple of months and the dealership will get desperate to meet their sales numbers
So what is the margin or invoice price from the 2018 RDX ?
Old 06-01-2018, 08:40 PM
Instructor

Received 61 Likes on 28 Posts
I contacted both Costco and UAAA (Truecar.com) and neither one have numbers on the new 2019 RDX yet. Costco said they get prices/car info from the dealers and it usually takes 6-8 months after a new /refreshed model is released to see it on their site. USAA said they wait for dealerships to provide info on vehicles sitting on their lots before they are posted. Looks like if either of these vendors show them on their site...it’s indication that sells have slowed down.
Old 06-01-2018, 09:10 PM
Instructor

margins

not large margins. I have always believed we know invoice because the industry wants us to use it as a starting price.
Attached Files
Old 06-01-2018, 09:15 PM
Intermediate

Received 31 Likes on 10 Posts
I don't think they're published yet, and likely dealers won't budge much from MSRP at least initially.

However, that does not mean there's no deals to be had. Since I was ready to buy yesterday (last day of the month), my dealer was eager. The sale price was MSRP, but I was able to negotiate $1400 credit to offset my two remaining lease payments (on a BMW), as well as a 2-year scheduled service plan (which they normally charge about $550 for.
Old 06-01-2018, 09:32 PM
Racer

Received 53 Likes on 43 Posts
Originally Posted by idgystinks

I made an offer on a Red Tech of $700 below STICKER and was basically told to pound sand.
I think the fact that it was the first of the month did not help. In any event, I suspect discounts will be hard to come by for a few months, at least.
Old 06-01-2018, 09:36 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 276 Likes on 180 Posts
I don't know why "invoice" matters any more. It's just a number. Most consumers know the dealer's actual cost is well below that number. Unfortunately, holdback and dealer incentives aren't published, they vary by dealer, and they change regularly, so how far below is anyone's guess. Even if you pay below invoice, even considerably below in some case, there's a very good chance the dealer is doing just fine.
Old 06-01-2018, 10:19 PM
Instructor

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
I spoke with my dealer of choice today, which I did buy 3 Acuras from, and basically they won't budge. I managed to get $1000 Acura loyalty credit and I'm trying to get another $500, but it's a lot harder than I expected. From what I saw they had 12 RDX's 2 days ago and today they had 3 left. Also, to get what we want, it'll take 4 weeks to get in. They have over 120 people with deposits on the car. This is insane IMHO.
Old 06-01-2018, 10:23 PM
Intermediate

Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by NightWriter
I don't think they're published yet, and likely dealers won't budge much from MSRP at least initially.

However, that does not mean there's no deals to be had. Since I was ready to buy yesterday (last day of the month), my dealer was eager. The sale price was MSRP, but I was able to negotiate $1400 credit to offset my two remaining lease payments (on a BMW), as well as a 2-year scheduled service plan (which they normally charge about $550 for.
Out of curiosity, is the dealer going to make the payoff on your BMW lease? Meaning you traded it. Or do you still have to turn it in yourself? You said you negotiated a $1400 credit but does that mean the dealer is going to cut you a check? In my case, I recently leased a BMW and the dealer treated my 2015 Acura RDX lease as a trade. It ended up being worth a little more than the payoff so it helped me out in more ways than one.
Old 06-02-2018, 06:11 AM
Intermediate

Received 31 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by JoelEDC
Out of curiosity, is the dealer going to make the payoff on your BMW lease? Meaning you traded it. Or do you still have to turn it in yourself? You said you negotiated a $1400 credit but does that mean the dealer is going to cut you a check? In my case, I recently leased a BMW and the dealer treated my 2015 Acura RDX lease as a trade. It ended up being worth a little more than the payoff so it helped me out in more ways than one.
It wasn't a formal trade-in. (The residual on my 340 was about $38k, and I doubt the dealer could have made money on that.) They're just going to cut me check.
Old 06-02-2018, 06:52 AM
Intermediate

Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by NightWriter
It wasn't a formal trade-in. (The residual on my 340 was about $38k, and I doubt the dealer could have made money on that.) They're just going to cut me check.
Then it sounds like you did pretty well. I wouldn't have thought (even on the last day of the month) that a dealer would do much of anything to make a deal on a 2019 RDX.
Old 06-02-2018, 08:37 AM

Received 1,405 Likes on 636 Posts

They're not going to move off MSRP until they have to. Since the RDX just came out and there is a ton of interest (based upon the internet buzz) they won't have to negotiate on price for a little while. I'm going to wait a couple years before considering one - if at all. They should have the early adopter bugs worked out and the pricing will be more flexible at that time.
The following users liked this post:
schen72 (06-04-2018)
Old 06-02-2018, 08:42 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 694 Likes on 536 Posts

If you have enough patience, I am certain that in late Fall/Winter you will be able to get at least 4K off MSRP from Advanced package. Historically Acura's always sell 9-10% bellow MSRP once you are in Fall/Winter.
48K is a bit too much for advance package, but if I can buy it at 44K its more reasonable.
Old 06-02-2018, 09:38 AM
DWG
Instructor

Received 37 Likes on 22 Posts
Originally Posted by HotRodW
I don't know why "invoice" matters any more. It's just a number. Most consumers know the dealer's actual cost is well below that number. Unfortunately, holdback and dealer incentives aren't published, they vary by dealer, and they change regularly, so how far below is anyone's guess. Even if you pay below invoice, even considerably below in some case, there's a very good chance the dealer is doing just fine.
Agree. The manufacturers have inflated invoice prices and narrowed the margin between invoice and MSRP. Dealers make money on the back-end incentives that aren't all over the internet.
Old 06-02-2018, 09:43 AM
Instructor

plus we all know early versions of all new cars end up having problems. Some small some big.
Old 06-02-2018, 09:46 AM
Instructor

plus we all know early versions of all new cars end up having problems. Some small some big.
120 deposits sounds like dealers are loving the hype. Not sure they are telling you the truth on that unless a mega dealer.
Old 06-02-2018, 11:24 AM
Instructor

Yeah agree, I would call that 120 deposits bullshit . Here in SoCal ,, we dont even see more than 1- 5 deposits for this RDX yet .. It's not like there is a lot of buyers with budget willing to buy this yet ... Still a luxury cars pricing
Old 06-02-2018, 12:23 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 740 Likes on 435 Posts

that is is normal initially until the 18s are gone and lots are full of 19s. I had to wait to take one for test drive today as turnout is high.

we already told dealer to locate or grab one on allocation figuring it will take a few weeks to find what we want. Silver on black or espresso AWD Advance.

The car car interior is a home run, ride is awesome as well, the 4 banger is noisy under acceleration, otherwise well done Acura. She is no longer interested in a XC60. What I am hoping for is on MMC full LED instrument panel and get ride of the clear lens rear signals and go LED.

I was was looking at a RLX SH-AWD at a good price, but after being in th new RDX cockpit I hate the old cockpit and dread driving my TLX. Although I am close to maybe pulling trigger on a Red G80 Sport.

Last edited by KeithL; 06-02-2018 at 12:28 PM.
Old 06-02-2018, 12:52 PM
Advanced

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts
Originally Posted by dcmod
Yeah agree, I would call that 120 deposits bullshit . Here in SoCal ,, we dont even see more than 1- 5 deposits for this RDX yet .. It's not like there is a lot of buyers with budget willing to buy this yet ... Still a luxury cars pricing
I’m in SoCal (Orange County) and I’m the only person to put a deposit down and place a specific color and trim at my local dealership. There are no white with red interior awd in SoCal, dealership says he expects it to take 2-3 months.
Old 06-04-2018, 03:02 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 168 Likes on 140 Posts
Originally Posted by HotRodW
You are exactly right. But the "invoice" price is still a good reference point. It just means anyone paying over invoice is paying too much. Even more so for MSRP. But this is how it is when a hot new model came out. When the 2nd gen TL came out in 1999, people were paying over MSRP. For a boring 4 door sedan! I waited about 6 months and I paid invoice price. All of the cars I've bought since then (all Acuras) I paid below invoice.

Just wait 6-8 months and RDX pricing will be back to normal.
Old 06-04-2018, 08:39 PM
Racer

Received 34 Likes on 29 Posts
The delta between invoice and MSRP will be the margins the dealer seeks, and multiply that by the X # of customers that don't know how to negotiate or to even bother asking about invoice, and that's how the dealership makes money. Their favorite customers will be the ones who pay sticker. These same customers will think they got a bargain taking $2-3k below sticker, when we know the invoice may be $5k below MSRP. Still though, the invoice is a good benchmark.

In my experience, I have trended Acura invoice pricing across multiple dealerships generally to be 7-8% below MSRP, and sales price fluctuate between 8-10% below MSRP. It'll be up to you how aggressive and skillfully you can push those boundaries to 10-15%!
Old 06-04-2018, 08:59 PM
Suzuka Master

I bet you can easily buy Advanced RDX that has 48K MSRP foe 44K in Fall/Winter timeframe. It all depends if you have the patience to wait?!
The following 2 users liked this post by russianDude:
KeithL (06-12-2018), _korangar (08-15-2018)
Old 06-04-2018, 09:48 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by starlord

I’m in SoCal (Orange County) and I’m the only person to put a deposit down and place a specific color and trim at my local dealership. There are no white with red interior awd in SoCal, dealership says he expects it to take 2-3 months.
Which dealer in SoCal did you put a deposit ? Also did you get any discount off the MSRP ?
Old 06-07-2018, 10:32 PM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by russianDude
I bet you can easily buy Advanced RDX that has 48K MSRP foe 44K in Fall/Winter timeframe. It all depends if you have the patience to wait?!
This phenomenon happens with every major redesign that is hotly anticipated. There are always people who need to be first on the block to have it. I'd rather wait and save $$$.
The following users liked this post:
Curious3GTL (06-08-2018)
Old 06-08-2018, 08:08 AM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by schen72
This phenomenon happens with every major redesign that is hotly anticipated. There are always people who need to be first on the block to have it. I'd rather wait and save $$$.
Yep, I’ve always bought Acuras for at least 8% bellow msrp in fall/winter. Do we really think that new RDX will go against the odds and always sell around msrp? Highly doubt it
Old 06-08-2018, 09:16 AM
Pro

Received 56 Likes on 49 Posts
The "gotta be the first on the block" folks are buying now. Let them overpay and you can get a deal later. Same car then - hopefully with some bugs worked out.
Old 06-10-2018, 12:04 AM
Three Wheelin'

Yep, I’ve always bought Acuras for at least 8% bellow msrp in fall/winter. Do we really think that new RDX will go against the odds and always sell around msrp? Highly doubt it
No high volume car sells for MSRP forever. Maybe some low volume specialty cars like those really high end AMG or BMW M cars. But those kind of cars are way above my pay grade anyway. And even if the new RDX did sell forever at MSRP, I'd simply not consider it. I can't bring myself to be ripped off.
Old 06-10-2018, 04:45 PM
Instructor

Agree 110% .. And its only a Honda / Acura brand ... Not a prestige car by far .....
Old 06-12-2018, 01:47 PM
Car Crazy for Sure!

Received 432 Likes on 299 Posts
Smile

I don't think so at all. That is over 2 times the difference in the Invoice and MSRP. $4K off....nope. Even when the new revised next RDX comes out...this model won't sell at that discount.

Just my experience with Acura's and knowing my GM and dealers in general. RDX's are hot selling and are climbing each year. The new '19's are flying off the lots...at least at my dealership.
While I was there looking and driving the new model....3 were sold and 7 deposits were made on models coming in. That's added to ?? how many sold the prior week after they hit the ground.

They are not all selling at MSRP. Small discounts yes. Sure, it depends on the dealer, the area, much local competition, etc. Some dealers are just plain greedy. Esp. when they ]
put an Addendum on with Accessories that are way over MSRP and install costs....just to make more. That's the same as selling over MSRP for the vehicle, by hiding behind the
stupid Addendums and "Add ons." You don't need nitrogen in tires...or for "life"....at $129, etc.

Mine is on the way...and they know...add nothing to my RDX other than what I negotiated for in the buy.

Last edited by Colorado Guy AF Ret.; 06-12-2018 at 01:54 PM.
Old 06-12-2018, 02:13 PM
Pro

Received 218 Likes on 135 Posts
Originally Posted by Colorado Guy AF Ret.
I don't think so at all. That is over 2 times the difference in the Invoice and MSRP. $4K off....nope. Even when the new revised next RDX comes out...this model won't sell at that discount.

Just my experience with Acura's and knowing my GM and dealers in general. RDX's are hot selling and are climbing each year. The new '19's are flying off the lots...at least at my dealership.
While I was there looking and driving the new model....3 were sold and 7 deposits were made on models coming in. That's added to ?? how many sold the prior week after they hit the ground.

They are not all selling at MSRP. Small discounts yes. Sure, it depends on the dealer, the area, much local competition, etc. Some dealers are just plain greedy. Esp. when they ]
put an Addendum on with Accessories that are way over MSRP and install costs....just to make more. That's the same as selling over MSRP for the vehicle, by hiding behind the
stupid Addendums and "Add ons." You don't need nitrogen in tires...or for "life"....at $129, etc.

Mine is on the way...and they know...add nothing to my RDX other than what I negotiated for in the buy.
Different sort of question for you, based on your saying how quickly the cars are being sold now.. Granted, no one knows if the sort of sales pace happening now will be happening in October, but if I want to take delivery on the last week of October, how far ahead of time do you think I should begin to seriously shop my business around (and provide the specifications I'm looking for) and drop a hold deposit?
Old 06-12-2018, 02:20 PM
Suzuka Master

Ok, I bought 2001 CL and 2008 RDX at least 8% under msrp.
just for fun, on truecar.com I configured based TLX 2018, with MSRP of $37k, true car showed me that I can buy it for 32-33k easily, thats 10% discount. RDX 19 has a lot of hype, but when fall/winter comes it will be just like all other acuras.
If not fall, definitely winter would be a good time to buy. If you need a car right away you have no choice, I have a luxury of waiting

Last edited by russianDude; 06-12-2018 at 02:22 PM.
Old 06-12-2018, 04:06 PM
Suzuka Master

• 2018 RLX on truecar
  • $55,895 msrp
  • Est. Savings Off MSRP$5,933
  • Market Average$49,962

thats more than 10% off. Sure its 2018, not 2019, thats why I said wait till fall/winter and it will be 8% below
Old 06-12-2018, 05:55 PM
Instructor

Received 35 Likes on 19 Posts
Invoice price is meaningless, I’ve never purchased a car at or over ‘invoice’.

Wait for incentives, and base your fair price on actual data, vs drinking the dealer’s kool aid. There will be incentives much better than the $1000 - $1500 they’re offering now, but will only be offered to those with a little patience.

Old 06-12-2018, 06:07 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by tobey457
Invoice price is meaningless, I’ve never purchased a car at or over ‘invoice’.

Wait for incentives, and base your fair price on actual data, vs drinking the dealer’s kool aid. There will be incentives much better than the $1000 - $1500 they’re offering now, but will only be offered to those with a little patience.

yes, invoice means nothing. Dealers and manufactures have rebates sometimes that are not made public, they also get rebate ammount based on volume sales. Its very complicated, and only dealer and manufacture really know the true cost
Old 06-12-2018, 07:24 PM
Instructor

Yeah I agree with everyone of you that the RDX will sell at $4k or more discount off the MSRP ,, especially here in SoCal. It''s a very tough competition and it will bring the price down to at or below invoice . Patience is Key
Old 06-12-2018, 07:40 PM
Car Crazy for Sure!

• 2018 RLX on truecar
  • $55,895 msrp
  • Est. Savings Off MSRP$5,933
  • Market Average$49,962

thats more than 10% off. Sure its 2018, not 2019, thats why I said wait till fall/winter and it will be 8% below
You're comparing apples to oranges. They hardly sell any RLX's....compared to the 50,000 plus RDX's that have been selling each year for the past 3-4 yrs. RDX's are hot sellers...period...and the RLX...well, it's ho hum
not many are looking for it....and not many are made, since not many are bought. No comparison. The new RDX even this Oct....will not sell for $4K off MSRP. In cold/snow country that's even a more for sure.
The lowest, in most all cases, you will not find the RDX with approx. $2K of discount, until the 2020's are on the lot. But, even then....not $4K. Again, they just happen to be one of America's hottest SUV's,
and the stats prove that.

So, this Oct. you go shopping and you send us here a bona fide sell price of $4K off the MSRP. We'll be waiting! BUT, not holding my breath, 'cause it's not going to happen.
Old 06-12-2018, 07:47 PM
Car Crazy for Sure!

Originally Posted by dcmod
Yeah I agree with everyone of you that the RDX will sell at $4k or more discount off the MSRP ,, especially here in SoCal. It''s a very tough competition and it will bring the price down to at or below invoice . Patience is Key
I lived in So Cal for 23 yrs. Bought a ton of cars in Orange Co. I know the competition. But, when it comes to "hot vehicles" then the "loose discounts" are harder to make happen. So, yes, maybe $2k or slightly more...but,
not $4K. Do you know the Invoice? It's less than $2K off MSRP. YOU do the math. They are not going to sell a hot selling RDX at $4K off the MSRP. IMHO. And that certainly won't be now for sure....nor will it happen
at the end of this year. IF you find a bona fide sale of an RDX for $4K off MSRP...let us know here. We won't be holding our breath though.
Old 06-12-2018, 07:51 PM
Instructor

Maybe , if you are an Acura RDX fanboys .... Where I lived there is this thing called HYPE ,,maybe because we are closed to Hollyweird .... But HYPE will overinflate anything ..
You might say that RDX is better than their competitors like BMW X3 or Audi ,, but other people would disagree . RDX dealers will find it the hard ways , once supply starts coming . And competitors get aggresive ..
Price will always fall down , no matter how HOT you think the RDX is ... Just a matter of time ......
Old 06-12-2018, 07:59 PM
Instructor

Dealer selling the car at invoice price does not mean that they are not making any profits .
Read this :How to Figure Out a Dealer's True Cost

True Dealer cost = invoice - Dealer holdback - Incentive ...

You might know Invoice , but you dont know the Dealer hold back , nor do you know their incentive .
So a discount $4K is a damn good possibilities and pretty reasonable .. Like I said ,, Patience is Key..

I recently bough a 2017 BMW 430 i below invoice ...
It took me about 6 months to get the price that I want ...

Quick Reply: Invoice Price on Acura RDX