Invoice Price on Acura RDX

Old 06-12-2018, 08:15 PM
Car Crazy for Sure!

Received 432 Likes on 299 Posts
Originally Posted by dcmod
Dealer selling the car at invoice price does not mean that they are not making any profits .
Read this :How to Figure Out a Dealer's True Cost

True Dealer cost = invoice - Dealer holdback - Incentive ...

You might know Invoice , but you dont know the Dealer hold back , nor do you know their incentive .
So a discount $4K is a damn good possibilities and pretty reasonable .. Like I said ,, Patience is Key..

I recently bough a 2017 BMW 430 i below invoice ...
It took me about 6 months to get the price that I want ...
I'm not a car buying idiot. I used to sell cars when times were hard and my vocation was not wanted for some time. I worked for my best friend, also, and he is a Dealer.
I quite well know the "extra moneys" available to dealers....but, I also know this. It's NOT what it used to be...the incentives for dealers. Now it's more on how many you sell...your overall ratings you receive from your
customers...etc. There is now a lot of "stuff" factored in for a dealer to get incentives. Not like it used to be. And, if you didn't know those facts then you need to brush up on your knowledge base. The better dealers out
there...meaning high volume sales, high ratings for Sales, Parts, and Service, will get those dealerships more incentive moneys. It's a tougher "car world' now for dealers than a few yrs ago. The money doesn't flow back
as easily as it used to.

At some point in time buying at or just below Invoice might be doable. But, not TWICE that amount of savings. Do you know the Invoice??? It's less than $2k off the MSRP. You can wait all you want....comparing BMW's to
Acura's is not apples to apples.
Old 06-12-2018, 08:20 PM
Instructor

Received 55 Likes on 34 Posts
Yeah, well I believe BMW has better reputation than Acura .. So its a better Apple for me
Old 06-12-2018, 08:25 PM
Car Crazy for Sure!

Originally Posted by russianDude
Ok, I bought 2001 CL and 2008 RDX at least 8% under msrp.
just for fun, on truecar.com I configured based TLX 2018, with MSRP of $37k, true car showed me that I can buy it for 32-33k easily, thats 10% discount. RDX 19 has a lot of hype, but when fall/winter comes it will be just like all other acuras.
If not fall, definitely winter would be a good time to buy. If you need a car right away you have no choice, I have a luxury of waiting
You are making a "broad brush comparison" and there is none here. 2019's TLX's ARE ON THE LOTS. That's why there are DEALS on the '18's. That why True Car can give those #'s. I've used True Car for years.

What is the competition at an Acura dealer for the 2019 RDX this fall???? No 2020's out on the ground. So, NO....not the same at all. I've got a 2018 TLX A-Spec....got a GREAT deal on it...why???...'cause the 19's were
unloading on the lot within about 2 weeks. Big, big difference.
Old 06-12-2018, 08:31 PM
Car Crazy for Sure!

Yeah, well I believe BMW has better reputation than Acura .. So its a better Apple for me
Good for you. Go buy all the BMW's you want. I wasn't comparing quality or anything like that. VALUE...based on what MSRP is...what dealers have to pay....depreciation at the 3 and 5 yr points.

Some reputation. Market studies have shown that of the cars that most people sell or get rid of in the first year....BMW is on the list. Lots of things factor in, but, Acuras and Hondas are not on that list. Just sayin!
Old 06-12-2018, 08:32 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 694 Likes on 536 Posts
Originally Posted by Colorado Guy AF Ret.
You're comparing apples to oranges. They hardly sell any RLX's....compared to the 50,000 plus RDX's that have been selling each year for the past 3-4 yrs. RDX's are hot sellers...period...and the RLX...well, it's ho hum
not many are looking for it....and not many are made, since not many are bought. No comparison. The new RDX even this Oct....will not sell for $4K off MSRP. In cold/snow country that's even a more for sure.
The lowest, in most all cases, you will not find the RDX with approx. $2K of discount, until the 2020's are on the lot. But, even then....not $4K. Again, they just happen to be one of America's hottest SUV's,
and the stats prove that.

So, this Oct. you go shopping and you send us here a bona fide sell price of $4K off the MSRP. We'll be waiting! BUT, not holding my breath, 'cause it's not going to happen.
TLX and mdx also sells at 10% off MSRP, I remmber back in the day it was also what you call “hot”, but as winter approaches prices drop. I understand you bough it at msrp, and there is no reason to rationalize it. you paid what was good price at the current market conditions.
Old 06-12-2018, 08:33 PM
Instructor

Sure,, I believe 110 % of what you are saying ... Even if your "Best Friend" dealer will give you all his cost pricing ,, so he can not afford to pay his mortgage .
LMAO
Old 06-12-2018, 08:34 PM
Suzuka Master

You are making a "broad brush comparison" and there is none here. 2019's TLX's ARE ON THE LOTS. That's why there are DEALS on the '18's. That why True Car can give those #'s. I've used True Car for years.

What is the competition at an Acura dealer for the 2019 RDX this fall???? No 2020's out on the ground. So, NO....not the same at all. I've got a 2018 TLX A-Spec....got a GREAT deal on it...why???...'cause the 19's were
unloading on the lot within about 2 weeks. Big, big difference.
you will see, in winter it will be 8% under Msrp. I followed to many acura models, and it was always the case. You could have bought 2018 TLX in January 2018 for 8% under msrp.
Old 06-12-2018, 08:38 PM
Instructor

you will see, in winter it will be 8% under Msrp. I followed to many acura models, and it was always the case. You could have bought 2018 TLX in January 2018 for 8% under msrp.
Spoken like a true SMART car buyer
Old 06-12-2018, 08:45 PM
Instructor

Good for you. Go buy all the BMW's you want. I wasn't comparing quality or anything like that. VALUE...based on what MSRP is...what dealers have to pay....depreciation at the 3 and 5 yr points.

Some reputation. Market studies have shown that of the cars that most people sell or get rid of in the first year....BMW is on the list. Lots of things factor in, but, Acuras and Hondas are not on that list. Just sayin!
It's just you saying ..
Here is what Consumer Report says : https://www.consumerreports.org/cars...vehicles-2018/

Check where BMW position vs Acura or even Honda ranks ...
The following users liked this post:
TLX17 (06-13-2018)
Old 06-12-2018, 08:49 PM
Car Crazy for Sure!

Smile

Originally Posted by birdonamission
Different sort of question for you, based on your saying how quickly the cars are being sold now.. Granted, no one knows if the sort of sales pace happening now will be happening in October, but if I want to take delivery on the last week of October, how far ahead of time do you think I should begin to seriously shop my business around (and provide the specifications I'm looking for) and drop a hold deposit?
That's not easy to answer. Depends on so many things. Location of the dealer. Allocations of cars for that dealer. My dealer will be pretty much out of his allocations by late Fall for sure. He will have to go to Acura
and request more RDX's. He got more than anyone in his Region to start...and they are selling super fast. So, to come up with a "time to order" is not easy. I'm still waiting for my white/red A-Spec and it was on the
very first order he submitted. It is on the train...we know that....but, exactly when it arrives...they don't know. The R/R system is not very "time dependable" at all. They can look it up and track, but, that is often wrong.
It may say the car is in Illinois....and the next morning it's off loading from the car transport at the dealer. Mine might be in this week, but, we're pretty sure by next week.

I would go to the dealer you want to buy from...ask to speak to the Gen. Sales Mgr. and then discuss with him/her what you want and when. They will have the best answer...since they are involved with the ordering
process and know what their allocations are, etc, etc. A "floor sales person" will NOT know all that. Go directly to the person who knows. Or the New Car Mgr. Often he/she knows more details than the GM. Mine did, and
I'm friends with both of them. The New Car Mgr. ordered extra RDX's that the GM didn't know about...since the GM failed to order the color combos that are always hot sellers, like white/parchment.

Also, they may not be able to get what they want on their orders...as far as certain models and color combos. A-Specs got held up for awhile. Don't know why. They are getting them...but, more are coming. I've seen the
order list!!
I'd call ahead and make the appt. If you just walk in and ask to see one of the above...you will get hit with...."well I can help you"...or what car are you looking for?"......etc. To avoid that....look up the names of those 2 key
people on their web site. Most all have a place to see their personnel. So, then you'll have a name when you call to make the appt.

Hope that helps.
The following 2 users liked this post by Colorado Guy AF Ret.:
birdonamission (06-12-2018), Froid (06-12-2018)
Old 06-12-2018, 08:56 PM
Pro

Received 218 Likes on 135 Posts
That's not easy to answer. Depends on so many things. Location of the dealer. Allocations of cars for that dealer. My dealer will be pretty much out of his allocations by late Fall for sure. He will have to go to Acura
and request more RDX's. He got more than anyone in his Region to start...and they are selling super fast. So, to come up with a "time to order" is not easy. I'm still waiting for my white/red A-Spec and it was on the
very first order he submitted. It is on the train...we know that....but, exactly when it arrives...they don't know. The R/R system is not very "time dependable" at all. They can look it up and track, but, that is often wrong.
It may say the car is in Illinois....and the next morning it's off loading from the car transport at the dealer. Mine might be in this week, but, we're pretty sure by next week.

I would go to the dealer you want to buy from...ask to speak to the Gen. Sales Mgr. and then discuss with him/her what you want and when. They will have the best answer...since they are involved with the ordering
process and know what their allocations are, etc, etc. A "floor sales person" will NOT know all that. Go directly to the person who knows. Or the New Car Mgr. Often he/she knows more details than the GM. Mine did, and
I'm friends with both of them. The New Car Mgr. ordered extra RDX's that the GM didn't know about...since the GM failed to order the color combos that are always hot sellers, like white/parchment.

Also, they may not be able to get what they want on their orders...as far as certain models and color combos. A-Specs got held up for awhile. Don't know why. They are getting them...but, more are coming. I've seen the
order list!!
I'd call ahead and make the appt. If you just walk in and ask to see one of the above...you will get hit with...."well I can help you"...or what car are you looking for?"......etc. To avoid that....look up the names of those 2 key
people on their web site. Most all have a place to see their personnel. So, then you'll have a name when you call to make the appt.

Hope that helps.
Thanks - HUGE help. As has been your other contributions on the forums. Appreciated...
Colorado Guy AF Ret. (06-12-2018)
Old 06-12-2018, 09:03 PM
Car Crazy for Sure!

TLX and mdx also sells at 10% off MSRP, I remmber back in the day it was also what you call “hot”, but as winter approaches prices drop. I understand you bough it at msrp, and there is no reason to rationalize it. you paid what was good price at the current market conditions.
I DID NOT buy at MSRP....never have in over 35 new cars bought. Never said that. You made that up. I never said what I paid. I guarantee you it was the best deal anyone could get at this time. Just below Invoice. You
would not get that price..guaranteed. Not now for certain. My 5th Acura in 5 yrs. Never have I paid MSRP. I'd walk away....but, I don't have to be concerned about that 'cause my GM would never insult me with an asking
price of MSRP. He asks me what I want to pay...we kick it around and we make a deal. Same for my trade. And, I always get what I want and expect for my trade. Laugh all you want....but, it's true. They don't even bother
to go out and look at my trade vehicle. Why is that? Because they know what my cars have been like in the past...they know I'm honest and I tell them about the exact condition etc. And the miles. They don't even look at
my miles. They know I don't lie...I tell them what it has. That's the luxury of making a great business relationship with any retail store.

Let's all wait and see what happens...later.
birdonamission (06-12-2018)
Old 06-12-2018, 09:13 PM
Car Crazy for Sure!

TLX's don't sell like RDX's or MDX's. The SUV's are the hottest sellers for Acura....and for most all other manufacturers. Right now Ford is deciding whether to keep ANY cars...other than the Mustang. FACT. They
are even talking about dropping the Fusion and it's a pretty good car. The Taurus is on the way out....not selling. Where are the profits coming from at Ford...as they have for many years....F150's.....SUV's.

You can always get a better deal on a TLX than an RDX. Even other Dealers love having Used RDX's and CRV's on their lots....'cause they SELL.
Old 06-12-2018, 09:37 PM
Lost in translation

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Quite a sudden turnaround for BMW, if you believe it

It's just you saying ..
Here is what Consumer Report says : https://www.consumerreports.org/cars...vehicles-2018/

Check where BMW position vs Acura or even Honda ranks ...
That leaves me wondering how in the world BMW improved so drastically. Not that CR is a bastion of automotive reviews, but just looking at their 2018 Buying Guide this very moment: on used cars to AVOID, they list seven different models from numerous years between '06 to '14. (They pegged only two Acuras from single, specific years.). Under "reliable used cars for every budget," they listed the BMW X1 from '13-'14. That's their sole pick for Beemers! For Acuras, they list several, including RDX and MDX from a number of years, dating back to '07!

Add the insane cost to service a BMW to the high initial cost and rapid depreciation, and it's entirely a losing proposition.

Have fun with your Bummer...I mean, Beemer...DCModd.

The following 2 users liked this post by Froid:
catbert430 (06-12-2018), Colorado Guy AF Ret. (06-12-2018)
Old 06-12-2018, 09:39 PM
Suzuka Master

Rdx was always selling 8% under msrp in winter, 2018, 2017. Its not special. Mdx is a very popular car too, so what. This all sounds like something salesman would say to hike the price. People already getting 1-1.5k off msrp from advance package, fast forward to winter, you really think they will not sell 4k off msrp? They raised msrp for advanced package from last year, the car is damn expensive, and this is acura, not AMG Benz, ofcouse deeper discounts will come in winter
Old 06-12-2018, 10:55 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by Froid

That leaves me wondering how in the world BMW improved so drastically. Not that CR is a bastion of automotive reviews, but just looking at their 2018 Buying Guide this very moment: on used cars to AVOID, they list seven different models from numerous years between '06 to '14. (They pegged only two Acuras from single, specific years.). Under "reliable used cars for every budget," they listed the BMW X1 from '13-'14. That's their sole pick for Beemers! For Acuras, they list several, including RDX and MDX from a number of years, dating back to '07!

Add the insane cost to service a BMW to the high initial cost and rapid depreciation, and it's entirely a losing proposition.

I never paid for maintenance on BMW. It comes with the car , 5 years free maintenance ... Always sell the car after the maintenance expired ....
Old 06-12-2018, 11:04 PM
Pro

Received 109 Likes on 70 Posts
You're comparing apples to oranges. They hardly sell any RLX's....compared to the 50,000 plus RDX's that have been selling each year for the past 3-4 yrs. RDX's are hot sellers...period...and the RLX...well, it's ho hum
not many are looking for it....and not many are made, since not many are bought. No comparison. The new RDX even this Oct....will not sell for $4K off MSRP. In cold/snow country that's even a more for sure.
The lowest, in most all cases, you will not find the RDX with approx. $2K of discount, until the 2020's are on the lot. But, even then....not $4K. Again, they just happen to be one of America's hottest SUV's,
and the stats prove that.

So, this Oct. you go shopping and you send us here a bona fide sell price of $4K off the MSRP. We'll be waiting! BUT, not holding my breath, 'cause it's not going to happen.

The RDX was hot in 2014 when I purchased mine and easily obtained $5K just by saying that was what I wanted off the price. I could have gotten more but was happy with the $5K discount. Not sure if you know how to negotiate but I will be happy to make your deal for you over email with a dealer in NOV/DEC IF INTERESTED.
dcmod (06-14-2018)
Old 06-12-2018, 11:25 PM
Car Crazy for Sure!

Thumbs down

Originally Posted by Hou-RL
The RDX was hot in 2014 when I purchased mine and easily obtained $5K just by saying that was what I wanted off the price. I could have gotten more but was happy with the $5K discount. Not sure if you know how to negotiate but I will be happy to make your deal for you over email with a dealer in NOV/DEC IF INTERESTED.
Very funny. Your full of it. No $5K off RDX's now or in the future. I've been buying cars longer than you've been on this earth. And sold Toyotas and Nissans....and others for awhile.
Not a damn thing you could teach me. I could teach you some respect, but, you wouldn't get it. How is it hiding behind a "device" and typing BS.....
Old 06-13-2018, 06:33 AM
Pro

Very funny. Your full of it. No $5K off RDX's now or in the future. I've been buying cars longer than you've been on this earth. And sold Toyotas and Nissans....and others for awhile.
Not a damn thing you could teach me. I could teach you some respect, but, you wouldn't get it. How is it hiding behind a "device" and typing BS.....
I am not hiding behind anything. I am using the same IO's you are to communicate my thoughts. I don't need you to teach me anything , especially respect. You type these words as if you are the authority on Acura and all that can or will occur with the pricing. Not sure why you think you are disrespected but don't take it personal, it is just a discussion.
I can say that I have purchased far too many cars to begin to count and have extensive experience on many auto brands. I fully understand when I purchase my cars what will need to be paid prior to making an offer. I buy some limited edition number models periodically that have no negotiation. I use the RDX as a daily drive car for myself and the time has come to obtain a newer model. Competition is different in many locations and I can tell you I have 5 dealers in my area alone. I know my market and will see the lots fill up again with far too many RDX's by the end of the year.
You may be able to predict in your smaller market but you cant know what will happen in other markets.
dcmod (06-14-2018)
Old 06-13-2018, 07:17 AM
Instructor

Received 61 Likes on 28 Posts

Hummm....5K off? Might want to take you up on that if ir’s an open offer.
Old 06-13-2018, 08:05 AM
Pro

Originally Posted by TxLady

Hummm....5K off? Might want to take you up on that if ir’s an open offer.
Sure contact me in NOV/DEC when the lots are full of them here in my city as I stated earlier.
TxLady (06-13-2018)
Old 06-13-2018, 08:27 AM
Drifting

Received 1,024 Likes on 714 Posts
Originally Posted by Froid

BMWs are excellent cars. My 2008 535i is the best car I ever owned, and it does everything better than other cars do. I took European delivery, and it was more stable and comfortable and had more reserve of power at 125mph on the autobahn than my then Honda Accord did at 85 mph. When we replaced my wife’s car with a 2014 Accord, it still did everything better than her brand new car (except for total gas mileage), and does so today. At 10 1/2 years old, it still does sub 6 second 0-60. And I get 28mpg on the highway, and 25 overall.

But they are expensive to buy, and expensive to maintain, and expensive to repair. But they are not fragile. In 10 1/2 years and 124K miles, I spent about $2K in repair. But a transmission fluid change is over $500. People balk at that, don’t do it, then are floored if the tranny goes and the dealer wants 5 grand. They hear these horror stories and say “what if I get hit with a $3000 repair bill? I can’t cover that.” So they fear owning a BMW outside of warranty and included service. New front brakes, using BMW parts, cost $800. But the rotors were a bit over 100K miles, and it stops like new. Short stops, no fade, no ‘warping’, etc., but it still was $800. IMO, if you can’t just say, oh shit and write the check, you should not be in a BMW, too, I oppose leasing a car you can’t afford to own.

Did I mention they are expensive? To replace my 535 with a current 540, properly fitted, is almost 70K. Other cars have gotten much better, and to me, 70K can’t be justified. YMMV, but they are damn good cars.

Last edited by Madd Dog; 06-13-2018 at 08:37 AM.
Old 06-13-2018, 08:29 AM
Pro

Received 56 Likes on 46 Posts
I am not hiding behind anything. I am using the same IO's you are to communicate my thoughts. I don't need you to teach me anything , especially respect. You type these words as if you are the authority on Acura and all that can or will occur with the pricing. Not sure why you think you are disrespected but don't take it personal, it is just a discussion.
I can say that I have purchased far too many cars to begin to count and have extensive experience on many auto brands. I fully understand when I purchase my cars what will need to be paid prior to making an offer. I buy some limited edition number models periodically that have no negotiation. I use the RDX as a daily drive car for myself and the time has come to obtain a newer model. Competition is different in many locations and I can tell you I have 5 dealers in my area alone. I know my market and will see the lots fill up again with far too many RDX's by the end of the year.
You may be able to predict in your smaller market but you cant know what will happen in other markets.
Prices always vary by region/local markets. If you have 5 dealers in your area, I imagine you could negotiate a much better deal. In my area, there is only one dealer, who never offers good prices. I had to drive two hours to get a decent deal on our Acura.

The VA/MD area sounds like the Houston area (and probably LA as well). I received much better, way below invoice price quotes from dealers there. I just chose not to drive 6 hours to get the car.
Old 06-13-2018, 08:46 AM
Pro

Received 56 Likes on 49 Posts
I DID NOT buy at MSRP....never have in over 35 new cars bought. Never said that. You made that up. I never said what I paid. I guarantee you it was the best deal anyone could get at this time. Just below Invoice. You
would not get that price..guaranteed. Not now for certain.
My 5th Acura in 5 yrs. Never have I paid MSRP. I'd walk away....but, I don't have to be concerned about that 'cause my GM would never insult me with an asking
price of MSRP. He asks me what I want to pay...we kick it around and we make a deal. Same for my trade. And, I always get what I want and expect for my trade. Laugh all you want....but, it's true. They don't even bother
to go out and look at my trade vehicle. Why is that? Because they know what my cars have been like in the past...they know I'm honest and I tell them about the exact condition etc. And the miles. They don't even look at
my miles. They know I don't lie...I tell them what it has. That's the luxury of making a great business relationship with any retail store.

Let's all wait and see what happens...later.
I like your posts in general, but I have to say, this is a pretty arrogant statement. There are many folks in your position. You are not unique.....

And yes, RDX's do get discounted $5k, or more. There have been several posts about 18's being discounted this much, even though they have continued to sell pretty well with the new model on deck. The '19 will not be any different as time passes. It is only natural to think you got the best deal around, until you see another post about an even better deal .
The following 2 users liked this post by chickdr:
dcmod (06-14-2018), jcardona1 (06-13-2018)
Old 06-13-2018, 09:24 AM
Suzuka Master

Nobody is arguing that currently 1k-1.5k off msrp is a good deal. But to think that this will still be the best deal in December is being naive. Stop listening to dealer song and dance about shortage and how they are flying off the lot.
dcmod (06-14-2018)
Old 06-13-2018, 09:48 AM
Lost in translation

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
I never paid for maintenance on BMW. It comes with the car , 5 years free maintenance ... Always sell the car after the maintenance expired ....
It comes with the car, but you do realize you actually paid for it. Moreover, after five years and expiration of your maintenance plan, it will likely reflect detrimentally in the selling price.
Trust me, I love driving BMWs. Brilliant cars. But costs and hit or miss reliability ain't for me.
For clarification, my Consumer Reports reference contradicts your own assertion.
Colorado Guy AF Ret. (06-17-2018)
Old 06-13-2018, 11:34 AM
Advanced

Received 29 Likes on 20 Posts
Since the "new" 2019 RDX came out this month (June of 2018) does anyone know when the 2020's will come out? (June of 2019??)........ just curious.
Old 06-13-2018, 12:04 PM
Intermediate

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by chickdr
I like your posts in general, but I have to say, this is a pretty arrogant statement. There are many folks in your position. You are not unique.....

And yes, RDX's do get discounted $5k, or more. There have been several posts about 18's being discounted this much, even though they have continued to sell pretty well with the new model on deck. The '19 will not be any different as time passes. It is only natural to think you got the best deal around, until you see another post about an even better deal .
I paid $39.4k for my 17 RDX Advance AWD in February, 2017. I don't remember what the MSRP was, but I'm fairly certain that was more than a $5k discount. There was no trade or other way the dealer was getting that money back. You are right, it can be done. I'll be looking for at the new RDX at the end of this year. It may not be a $5k discount by then, but hoping it will be pretty deep.
Old 06-13-2018, 12:22 PM
Intermediate

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
I'm also anticipating a minimum of $3.5k off the Advanced trim come December. Too many strong contenders on the market. I'm glad Acura is now (hopefully) a genuine competitor to the Germans.. but I imagine that unless the RDX is priced at a minimum of $5k less than a comparatively equipped X3/Q5, Acura will lose its advantage, which has always been considered 'value'.

If there's one for-certain benefit of living in Socal, it's competitive pricing. Even though the RDX is hot and new, there's simply too many dealers (Acura and others) in Socal to not discount 8-10% when the 6 month mark hits of RDX's availability. It's a great model but that's still an "A" on the grill, which means there will have to be some compensation.
Old 06-13-2018, 12:28 PM
Advanced

Received 45 Likes on 24 Posts
I guarantee you it was the best deal anyone could get at this time. Just below Invoice. You would not get that price..guaranteed. Not now for certain. My 5th Acura in 5 yrs. Never have I paid MSRP. I'd walk away....but, I don't have to be concerned about that 'cause my GM would never insult me with an asking price of MSRP.
Very funny. Your full of it. No $5K off RDX's now or in the future. I've been buying cars longer than you've been on this earth. And sold Toyotas and Nissans....and others for awhile. Not a damn thing you could teach me. I could teach you some respect, but, you wouldn't get it. How is it hiding behind a "device" and typing BS.....
What an insufferable human being you are. Do you ever stop to read what you type? Can't you just post without stroking your own ego?
The following 4 users liked this post by jcardona1:
dcmod (06-14-2018), HotRodW (06-13-2018), SK1124 (06-13-2018), TLX17 (06-13-2018)
Old 06-13-2018, 12:37 PM
Intermediate

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by TLX17
I'm also anticipating a minimum of $3.5k off the Advanced trim come December. Too many strong contenders on the market. I'm glad Acura is now (hopefully) a genuine competitor to the Germans.. but I imagine that unless the RDX is priced at a minimum of $5k less than a comparatively equipped X3/Q5, Acura will lose its advantage, which has always been considered 'value'.

If there's one for-certain benefit of living in Socal, it's competitive pricing. Even though the RDX is hot and new, there's simply too many dealers (Acura and others) in Socal to not discount 8-10% when the 6 month mark hits of RDX's availability. It's a great model but that's still an "A" on the grill, which means there will have to be some compensation.
There are about 6 Acura dealers within ~30 minutes or so of where I live in Maryland, just outside of D.C.. And there are as many BMW and Audi dealers as well, and they are currently offering pretty substantial discounts on X3s and Q5's to the point that there is slim to no difference in the market price for those vehicles vs the MSRP of the '19 RDX. The Advance is the same price as the going rate for an equally equipped X3. The X3 and Q5 both got new models in 2018. There is going to be a lot of competition by this winter and you would have to expect that the going rate for an RDX will adjust accordingly.
dcmod (06-14-2018)
Old 06-13-2018, 12:53 PM
Suzuka Master

Dont forget that advanced MSRP has increased from 45k to 48k from prior year. This makes car pretty expensive to begin with...
Old 06-13-2018, 01:25 PM
Pro

Received 56 Likes on 49 Posts
Originally Posted by warrenj3139
There are about 6 Acura dealers within ~30 minutes or so of where I live in Maryland, just outside of D.C.. And there are as many BMW and Audi dealers as well, and they are currently offering pretty substantial discounts on X3s and Q5's to the point that there is slim to no difference in the market price for those vehicles vs the MSRP of the '19 RDX. The Advance is the same price as the going rate for an equally equipped X3. The X3 and Q5 both got new models in 2018. There is going to be a lot of competition by this winter and you would have to expect that the going rate for an RDX will adjust accordingly.
Interestingly I am discussing a lease on a '18 X3 M40i with a couple of Atlanta BMW dealers right now. The story I get is " The M40 is a very high demand vehicle with a very low supply" and I was quoted 864/mth (sign and drive) for 36mths 10k/yr for a 36mth lease on a very lightly optioned car (~$57k MSRP). Absolutely outrageous when the same dealer has a lease deal of $549/mth (sign and drive) on a $54k '18 530i. The funny thing is another Atlanta dealer has six M40i's in stock and all are discounted around $5k on the website, but they are giving me the same story about limited supply and high demand. If they are in such high demand, crank production up at the Greer, SC plant and cut the 2.0T production....
Old 06-13-2018, 06:24 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 168 Likes on 140 Posts
I have no skin in this dogfight between the folks here that are arguing about MSRP, who has bought more cars, or if deals will ever be had on RDXs. But it seems to be that people have very short memories. The RDX is not some special "halo" car that is produced in limited quantities. It's a high volume car for the (somewhat affluent) masses. When the new Civic came out, those were also selling at MSRP. In fact, I tried to buy one of those but the salesman would not budge one cent off MSRP. So I said, we're done, and left.

Why are you arguing over whether BMW or Acura is "better?" What does that even mean? They are both nice cars. They cater to somewhat different demographics. If you have a BMW it doesn't really reveal anything about you as a person. Anyone with a decent job can easily acquire a BMW by leasing it. Same goes for Acura and pretty much any car that's under $60k. Here in this country the car someone drives says NOTHING about how wealthy or smart someone is. In other countries where they don't do leases, it's a different story. If you see someone driving an S-Class in Singapore, you know they are super wealthy.

Side note: I'm amazed some of you have owned so many cars in your life. I've only owned 5 cars my whole life, as you can see in my sig.
The following 3 users liked this post by schen72:
a35tl (06-13-2018), Accord07 (06-13-2018), birdonamission (06-13-2018)
Old 06-13-2018, 07:42 PM
Racer

Received 53 Likes on 43 Posts
The new RDXs do not appear to be in short supply in Southern California. There are over 80 currently listed on Autotrader within a 50 miles radius of my office. I plan to do another search in a month and see how many are listed then.

Out of curiosity, I also checked X3 and Q5 listings. There are 430 X3s listed, and 312 Q5s.

Last edited by cruiserchuck; 06-13-2018 at 07:47 PM.
Old 06-13-2018, 08:54 PM
Instructor

Received 61 Likes on 28 Posts
For anyone wanting more information on how the invoice pricing works...Howard Clark posted an insightful article last year about it...

https://clark.com/cars/eye-opening-t...invoice-price/
Old 06-14-2018, 07:45 AM
Advanced

Received 29 Likes on 20 Posts
Does anyone know when the Acura model years end? Since the 2019's are out NOW when will the 2020's come out .....next June of 2019 or later? I ask because I want to wait until a full year passes so Acura can hopefully work out whatever bugs turn up in the 2019's.

Thanks
Old 06-14-2018, 09:04 AM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by Rob175
Does anyone know when the Acura model years end? Since the 2019's are out NOW when will the 2020's come out .....next June of 2019 or later? I ask because I want to wait until a full year passes so Acura can hopefully work out whatever bugs turn up in the 2019's.

Thanks
probably around June-July of 2019. I think engine and transmission should be fine, its not new, was used in Honda accord. U will get good price if you buy 2019 right before 2020 start arriving
Old 06-14-2018, 12:57 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 168 Likes on 140 Posts
Originally Posted by Rob175

Thanks
I personally also wait until at least the 2nd model year for any new car. Look at the new Civic. Lots of bugs with the new infotainment system. I think the same will be true of the new RDX. Back when I got my 2006 RL, lots of the bugs from the 2005 were fixed. That RL had so much new & first time tech in an Acura (proximity key, AFS, CMBS).
Old 06-14-2018, 01:08 PM
Instructor

What he said ,,, spoken like a true wise man !!!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Invoice Price on Acura RDX