View Poll Results: which color interior for white car?
beige
34.55%
espresso
65.45%
Voters: 55. You may not vote on this poll

interior color

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2018, 11:34 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 389 Likes on 294 Posts
interior color

I think I'm settling on a white RDX with Tech and I was trying to decide between beige and espresso.

I have only seen the beige one in person. I saw a gray interior and didn't like the black piping. I was wondering if the espresso one has black piping. After doing some research here it looks like black piping is only on Advance models. Can anyone who has the Tech with espresso confirm?

I have never had a car with a brown interior. My guess is it will show less wear/stains than beige, but I also noticed that with the beige there is more beige stuff all over the car (seats backs, etc.), whereas with brown it's more of brown/black. I have red now, had beige a couple of times before, and gray ones.

Also, I'd like to see what color is more popular so please take the poll.
Old 09-29-2018, 11:41 AM
Racer

Received 123 Likes on 86 Posts
We are probably backwards from most people’s thinking, but we actually got a white Advance only because we loved the espresso interior. I had a car a while back with a parchment/beige interior, and it was a pain to keep clean.
The following 3 users liked this post by DrWoo:
37tzee (10-03-2018), anoop (09-29-2018), securityguy (09-29-2018)
Old 09-29-2018, 12:17 PM
Instructor

Received 70 Likes on 36 Posts
Espresso. My wife had one with a beige interior... it did not age very well.
The following users liked this post:
anoop (09-29-2018)
Old 09-29-2018, 12:33 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 257 Likes on 177 Posts
Espresso if you have kids, beige otherwise. I've had 3 prior vehicles with beige interiors and over 100K miles and they still looked good. Just have to make sure you clean up any spills, dirt, etc. before it has a chance to stain. Like you I feel the espresso interior looks like an afterthought because it's not consistent in it's application.
anoop (09-29-2018)
Old 09-29-2018, 12:46 PM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by MI-RDX
Espresso if you have kids, beige otherwise. I've had 3 prior vehicles with beige interiors and over 100K miles and they still looked good. Just have to make sure you clean up any spills, dirt, etc. before it has a chance to stain. Like you I feel the espresso interior looks like an afterthought because it's not consistent in it's application.
No kids so that's not a problem.

I had a BMW with beige interior and even after 11 years & 200K+ miles the back seats still looked new. But because of cracks/discoloration in the leatherette due to aging the driver seat and armrest areas looked dirty as did the floor mats (Acura won't have that problem and nor do newer BMWs because they now use black for the carpet and lower section). Also the beige headliner had several stains over the years due to careless mechanics.

The red interior on my current BMW looks new all around but it has only been 4 years. The footwell areas are black and so is the headliner. And like the Acura, the back of the front seats is also black.

The beige interior feels lighter and more open IMO, but I think I could live with either.

Local dealer claims white/parchment is their best selling color combination.

Old 09-29-2018, 04:57 PM
Racer

Received 123 Likes on 78 Posts
White Diamond Pearl - Exterior and Parchment - Interior works for me.

The following 2 users liked this post by EXCALIBUR1:
anoop (09-29-2018), securityguy (09-29-2018)
Old 09-29-2018, 06:48 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 869 Likes on 665 Posts
I've always been a fan of light interior colors because IMO it gives the interior a light, airy, cheery feeling. I live in Canada and for a LARGE portion of the year we only get a few hours of sunlight so having a nice light interior makes me personally a little happier as silly as it sounds...though I suppose at night any color interior is still black haha.

With all that said, I voted for Espresso because it gives it such a rich and upscale feeling and it will age much better. Acura also went with a gorgeous shade of brown so I really really like it. Not to mention Black, Beige, and Gray are very common and Brown will stick out much more.
anoop (09-29-2018)
Old 09-29-2018, 09:33 PM
Three Wheelin'

I stopped by the local dealer and took a good look at both. I ended up putting a deposit down for the parchment. It looks like espresso is winning the poll, though!

Parchment is definitely going to show dirt a lot more, but I thought it just felt better.

Now here's one really weird one -- I really like the smell in the base car (leatherette), vs the one with tech pack (leather). The leatherette's padding also feels slightly softer. But the leatherette also feels very slippery and looks like it would not breathe. That's why I ended up settling on the tech pack.

Thanks to all for taking the poll and offering thoughts.
securityguy (09-30-2018)
Old 09-30-2018, 02:15 PM
Suzuka Master

Lol unsurprisingly the pole had zero bearing on the choice made....lmao never seen a pole actually change anything.

Congratulations on your new RDX and still a great choice!
Old 09-30-2018, 02:38 PM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by RDX10
Lol unsurprisingly the pole had zero bearing on the choice made....lmao never seen a pole actually change anything.

Congratulations on your new RDX and still a great choice!
ha ha.

Actually I did get influenced by a poll when I bought my HomePod. I was on the fence but given 2/3 preferred space gray and many who owned both said the space gray looks better, I ended up getting that.

In this case, the espresso looked fine and in some sense rich when looking at pictures online. I created this poll based on that. But when I actually saw it in person, I just didn’t like it. I could probably live with it. If I got parchment, I know I would not be thinking “I should have gone espresso” but I am almost certain I’d be thinking of parchment if I got espresso.

Old 09-30-2018, 02:54 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by anoop
...In this case, the espresso looked fine and in some sense rich when looking at pictures online. I created this poll based on that. But when I actually saw it in person, I just didn’t like it...
And that is how you have to do it. Before I looked at any RDX in person I was basing my feelings on pictures and videos and decided the only interior color I liked was the Graystone. That in turn limited me to Modern Steel Metallic for the exterior because that was the only exterior I liked available with the Graystone interior - again based entirely on pictures and videos.

That all changed when I stopped by the dealership and was able to view all the interior colors in person and decided that the Parchment was just as acceptable. This then expanded my exterior choices to white and red in addition to the MSM - whichever could be had first was the one I would buy since I didn't have any preference between the three.
Old 09-30-2018, 11:12 PM
Instructor

Received 62 Likes on 38 Posts
Gunmetal Metallic was a no compromise exterior color for me. But---if Expresso had been an interior option I would have taken it in a heart beat. I also wish Acura made the black headliner an option as well. It enriches the look of any color interior IMHO. But the Expresso is the best interior color in the line up, again, IMHO.
Old 09-30-2018, 11:32 PM
Drifting

Received 586 Likes on 432 Posts
Originally Posted by RDX10
Lol unsurprisingly the pole had zero bearing on the choice made....lmao never seen a pole actually change anything.!
That depends upon how the pole is used.
RDX10 (10-01-2018)
Old 10-01-2018, 09:53 AM
Instructor

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts
No ebony love? That was the deciding factor for us. We would have purchased either Fathom Blue, or Performance Red, if we could have gotten ebony interior on either. Instead we settled for white/black.
Old 10-01-2018, 02:29 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by fleming23
No ebony love?...
Not from me.

Once many years ago I had a car with black interior but went a long, long time with other colors. When I bought my last car I thought the black looked really good (having forgotten why I went so long without) so I got it. It was only then that I remembered why I disliked black so much. I now have a note tattooed in my brain reminding me to never, ever get a black interior again. But that's just me - others love them and so be it.
Old 10-01-2018, 03:03 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by anoop
ha ha.

Actually I did get influenced by a poll when I bought my HomePod. I was on the fence but given 2/3 preferred space gray and many who owned both said the space gray looks better, I ended up getting that.

In this case, the espresso looked fine and in some sense rich when looking at pictures online. I created this poll based on that. But when I actually saw it in person, I just didn’t like it. I could probably live with it. If I got parchment, I know I would not be thinking “I should have gone espresso” but I am almost certain I’d be thinking of parchment if I got espresso.
Hey I'm just teasing you! It's all good, sometimes we really aren't sure and then for some reason we just end up making a decision somewhere in between asking opinions and getting opinions. No worries, I love parchment too and I haven't seen brown in person yet so it's possible I'd hate it too.

Originally Posted by Wander
That depends upon how the pole is used.
You.....you know I really like you....:wink:

Originally Posted by MI-RDX
Not from me.

Once many years ago I had a car with black interior but went a long, long time with other colors. When I bought my last car I thought the black looked really good (having forgotten why I went so long without) so I got it. It was only then that I remembered why I disliked black so much. I now have a note tattooed in my brain reminding me to never, ever get a black interior again. But that's just me - others love them and so be it.
Yup me neither, I HATE black interiors and would never actively make that choice again. My last 3 cars have been black and I will not do that again. It's so dark and dreary and bland. Very few manufacturers put enough detail in the dash so most black interiors end up looking like a sea of black. Nope not for me!

I think this thread is highlighting how limited Acura color options are. They really do suck honestly. It's a shame that we have to be limited to a certain interior or exterior color based simply on what we like for one or the other. I get they do that for cost savings but like they are a premium brand and as such should at least give us the choice.
Old 10-01-2018, 04:29 PM
Pro

Received 227 Likes on 140 Posts
My choice between parchment or espresso was...ebony.

I knew I didn't want parchment because of the issue with dye transfer from blue jeans I've experienced before.

I thought I wanted espresso until I realized it was paired with a gray headliner. It may be acceptable to mix black and brown these days, but I can't deal with gray in the mix.

So, I chose black - the same color I've chosen for my previous nine Hondas.

I like a white exterior with a black interior. It's pure and clean on the outside, but sinister and mysterious on the inside.
37tzee (10-03-2018)
Old 10-01-2018, 07:13 PM
Advanced

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts
I came from a ‘17 white diamond with parchment into a ‘19 white diamond with espresso. I prefer the espresso hands down. It looks richer and doesn’t show as much. I have no children and the parchment on my ‘17 was still a mess after only 2 years.
The following 2 users liked this post by matman1215:
37tzee (10-03-2018), anoop (10-01-2018)
Old 10-01-2018, 07:21 PM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by matman1215
I have no children and the parchment on my ‘17 was still a mess after only 2 years.
I can totally see that. Even the brand new cars on the lot had some stains/marks in various places if one was paying attention. But for me, when I sat in the car it became a heart over head thing and I decided to follow my heart. It would have been ideal to have something where heart and head were aligned.
37tzee (10-03-2018)
Old 10-01-2018, 07:33 PM
7th Gear

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Love my fathomblue/greystone!

What? No greystone lovers!? I just purchased the fathom blue with graystone and I LOVE it! My lease was up on my 2016 blue advance with greystone and I continued to love the combination, so I went with the newer version. When I gave the 2016 a good cleaning before turning her in, I was amazed how the interior cleaned up to almost brand new after three years. The only issue was the panel between the door area and the floor on the 2016 is grey and was a little scuffed. That will be corrected in the 2019 as the door area is black - it won't show. And I LOVE the black piping! I think they contrast looks very polished and elegant.
Old 10-01-2018, 09:00 PM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by KC in FL
What? No greystone lovers!? I just purchased the fathom blue with graystone and I LOVE it! My lease was up on my 2016 blue advance with greystone and I continued to love the combination, so I went with the newer version. When I gave the 2016 a good cleaning before turning her in, I was amazed how the interior cleaned up to almost brand new after three years. The only issue was the panel between the door area and the floor on the 2016 is grey and was a little scuffed. That will be corrected in the 2019 as the door area is black - it won't show. And I LOVE the black piping! I think they contrast looks very polished and elegant.
I would take greystone over ebony and even over espresso. Not sure if I'd take it over beige, but I didn't have to worry about making that choice because it's not available with white.
Old 10-01-2018, 09:26 PM
Advanced

Received 30 Likes on 16 Posts
Originally Posted by KC in FL
KC - we think alike! I’m getting ready to trade in my 2016 blue/grey Advance for a 2019 Advance. At first I thought that I should get a different color but then I decided that I liked the blue/grey so much that I’m sticking with it!
Old 10-01-2018, 11:20 PM
Racer

Received 123 Likes on 86 Posts
Originally Posted by ShouldIBuyNew
KC - we think alike! I’m getting ready to trade in my 2016 blue/grey Advance for a 2019 Advance. At first I thought that I should get a different color but then I decided that I liked the blue/grey so much that I’m sticking with it!
I thought blue/grey was how we were going to go, but my wife hated the brown wood in the advance with the grey. We both loved the wood with the espresso interior, it looked very classy, and they had a white/espresso advance on the lot, so that was the winner.

Now if they offered that lighter blue, the one that’s only available on the a-spec, in the advance with the espresso interior, I would have been all over that.
Old 10-03-2018, 06:30 AM
Advanced

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by DrWoo
We are probably backwards from most people’s thinking, but we actually got a white Advance only because we loved the espresso interior. I had a car a while back with a parchment/beige interior, and it was a pain to keep clean.
Agreed. Our 2008 MDX had the parchment interior. Loved it, but it was almost impossible to keep clean, and I am fanatical about detailing my cars.