Information System Questions

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2019, 07:28 AM
Advanced

Received 18 Likes on 10 Posts
Information System Questions

After using the info system for 3 weeks, I have 3 questions:
  1. When I start the car, the two screens default to the apps (main) and music (small). Is there a way to have these default to Nav (main) and Clock (small)? I would prefer these screens be the default view.
  2. At the top of the small screen, I sometimes get a +1 or +2 displayed. I have no idea what these numbers are telling me and hoping someone can enlighten me.
  3. Finally. Wife and I both have iPhones. Her phone is currently paired to the RDX. Can I also pair my phone? And if so, what happens if both are in the car and both receive a call?
Old 05-10-2019, 08:58 AM
Intermediate

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by dweilbacher
  1. Finally. Wife and I both have iPhones. Her phone is currently paired to the RDX. Can I also pair my phone? And if so, what happens if both are in the car and both receive a call?
This is one of my technology frustrations with the RDX. You must manually change which phone is active and this is not tied to the key or driver number selected. Clunky compared to how other brands handle this.
Old 05-10-2019, 09:43 AM
Skeptic

Received 427 Likes on 283 Posts
Originally Posted by dweilbacher
  1. When I start the car, the two screens default to the apps (main) and music (small). Is there a way to have these default to Nav (main) and Clock (small)? I would prefer these screens be the default view.
I don't think there's a way to change the default. When the audio is displayed on the main screen, and I want nav, I just press the home (middle) button and then the touch pad in the extreme upper-left corner. I don't even have to look at the display. That's how the true touch pad is intended to be used.
Old 05-10-2019, 10:12 AM
Intermediate

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by NooYawkuh
I don't think there's a way to change the default. When the audio is displayed on the main screen, and I want nav, I just press the home (middle) button and then the touch pad in the extreme upper-left corner. I don't even have to look at the display. That's how the true touch pad is intended to be used.
FYI if you have the audio on the main screen and nav on the small screen you can simply click the smaller "True Touchpad B" to swap them (move nav to the large screen and audio to the smalls screen).
There's no need to go back to the home page.

I'm also surprised the OP system is defaulting to the home screen, mine always defaults to the last configuration I had. Maybe there is a setting to remember last known configuration? I'm away from the car currently, so I can't check.
Old 05-10-2019, 05:10 PM
Pro

Received 196 Likes on 124 Posts
All your questions can be answered by reading the manual that came with your new car. It can be viewed online and downloaded from the Acura Owners website for free.
Old 05-10-2019, 07:16 PM
Advanced

Received 42 Likes on 36 Posts
The +1 and +2 numbers show the number of networks that you are connected to. +2 for me shows that I am connected to my home wi-fi network and the AcuraLink network. Scroll to the top of Touchpad B until the area with the +1 or +2 is highlighted, then press down. It will give the detail all of the icons and numbers that are shown.
Old 05-10-2019, 07:51 PM
Skeptic

Received 427 Likes on 283 Posts
Post Rtfm

Originally Posted by kboo74656
All your questions can be answered by reading the manual that came with your new car. It can be viewed online and downloaded from the Acura Owners website for free.
Yes, always RTFM.

You can download all the manuals in PDF and even get free printed copies. You don't even have to pay postage.
https://acurazine.com/forums/3g-rdx-...-guide-976310/