I want my RDX back

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2018, 11:33 AM
Intermediate

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts
Unhappy I want my RDX back

So someone in the parking lot at work hit my beautiful '19 RDX. Luckily, they left a note and take full responsibility and their insurance is covering the cost of repairs. There's a nice foot and a half long dent along the back door behind the driver (Driver who hit me had a Jeep Grand Cherokee) so apparently it'll be in the shop for 2-3 weeks. In the mean time, I have a 2018 Audi Q5 as my rental. I honestly was really excited to get this as my rental as I've never driven one and I could still "ride in style". I've had the Q5 for 5 days now and I'm over it. I miss my RDX and all the features it has that made my driving experience enjoyable. Don't get me wrong, the Q5 is nice, and I know it's the base model, but driving this has made me appreciate Acura and the options they decided to make standard. No lane keep assist (I use this every time I'm on the highway), no parking sensors, the Q5 gear shift is the strangest thing ever (all gears are shiftable, but the parking is a button on the back of the knob; what the hell?), there is little to no storage in the front: the center console is a joke IMO. What does exist of the safety features (pre-collision sensing) is mute. What I mean by that is in the RDX, when the pre-collision alert comes on, you get a bright orange sign in the driver dash with a noticeable alert sound while in the Q5, the sign is the same color as the rest of the dash and you get a "ding" sound that sounds just like your seatbelt alert. Now that I think of it, the Q5 pre-collision alert sounds like the fasten seatbelt sign ding on airplanes. Come on. The positive? The Q5 is fun to drive. But I still want my RDX back. I never thought the features I use on a regular basis now would make such a difference; I've gotten spoiled in the two months I've had my RDX.

I've always had in the back of my mind if I'd regret my decision but I'm far from it. The standard options alone puts the RDX on top.
The following 4 users liked this post by _korangar:
B25Nut (10-25-2018), Comfy (10-25-2018), DHood (10-26-2018), EddieN (10-25-2018)
Old 10-25-2018, 11:35 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 8,585 Likes on 6,631 Posts
Old 10-25-2018, 02:39 PM
Instructor

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts
Originally Posted by _korangar
So someone in the parking lot at work hit my beautiful '19 RDX. Luckily, they left a note and take full responsibility and their insurance is covering the cost of repairs. There's a nice foot and a half long dent along the back door behind the driver (Driver who hit me had a Jeep Grand Cherokee) so apparently it'll be in the shop for 2-3 weeks. In the mean time, I have a 2018 Audi Q5 as my rental. I honestly was really excited to get this as my rental as I've never driven one and I could still "ride in style". I've had the Q5 for 5 days now and I'm over it. I miss my RDX and all the features it has that made my driving experience enjoyable. Don't get me wrong, the Q5 is nice, and I know it's the base model, but driving this has made me appreciate Acura and the options they decided to make standard. No lane keep assist (I use this every time I'm on the highway), no parking sensors, the Q5 gear shift is the strangest thing ever (all gears are shiftable, but the parking is a button on the back of the knob; what the hell?), there is little to no storage in the front: the center console is a joke IMO. What does exist of the safety features (pre-collision sensing) is mute. What I mean by that is in the RDX, when the pre-collision alert comes on, you get a bright orange sign in the driver dash with a noticeable alert sound while in the Q5, the sign is the same color as the rest of the dash and you get a "ding" sound that sounds just like your seatbelt alert. Now that I think of it, the Q5 pre-collision alert sounds like the fasten seatbelt sign ding on airplanes. Come on. The positive? The Q5 is fun to drive. But I still want my RDX back. I never thought the features I use on a regular basis now would make such a difference; I've gotten spoiled in the two months I've had my RDX.

I've always had in the back of my mind if I'd regret my decision but I'm far from it. The standard options alone puts the RDX on top.
I had Q5 premium plus on my short list before I decided to go for rdx. But no auto high beams, blind spot monitor and hump in the backseat were deal breakers. So I decided to go with the rdx. I did not feel much difference in driving dynamics too between the 2. Hope you get your rdx back soon.
Old 10-26-2018, 11:22 AM
Racer

Received 31 Likes on 29 Posts
same here. Q5 was in my list as well. Then decided to go for RDX due to Interior quality, seat comfort, more features for less $$ . Somehow, RDX is still not seen as "luxury" compare to Q5 or X3 but I don't care as long as it is in reality.
Old 10-26-2018, 11:30 AM
Instructor

Received 70 Likes on 36 Posts
I don't ever want to know this feeling for more than just a day... it sounds terrible.

I drove a BMW X3 yesterday... and the driving experience was just so bad.
Old 10-27-2018, 08:12 AM
9th Gear

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by _korangar
So someone in the parking lot at work hit my beautiful '19 RDX. Luckily, they left a note and take full responsibility and their insurance is covering the cost of repairs.
Sorry to hear but you are extremely fortunate that the person left a note as that seems to be the exception now instead of the "rule". Hopefully you'll get her back soon.
Old 10-28-2018, 09:29 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 322 Likes on 191 Posts
I’m just having some window molding changed out that didn’t match my Apex blue rdx, they gave me a tech package silver one for the loaner and man I am missing my car, I’m also having them investigate some slowness in the transmission going to reverse
Old 10-31-2018, 12:08 PM
Intermediate

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by russbert
Sorry to hear but you are extremely fortunate that the person left a note as that seems to be the exception now instead of the "rule". Hopefully you'll get her back soon.
Definitely. There are so many instances where someone will hit a car with significant damage and just leave without saying a thing. I'm lucky the guy was honest. Apparently the estimated time of car return is November 9th. It couldn't come any sooner.
Old 10-31-2018, 06:23 PM
Drifting

Received 1,024 Likes on 714 Posts
“Hi. I just hit your car and am writing this note. People watching me think I am giving you my information so my insurance company can fix the damage I have caused.

I’m not.”