I messed up

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2019, 01:48 AM
Null and proud of it

Received 898 Likes on 788 Posts
I hate that... It's SO stupid and inaccurate!

Really, we don't go on other forums and create stories about cars we didn't buy! Well... This reminds me of... Hmmm.... What's his name....

RockyCock!
Old 04-09-2019, 03:12 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 875 Likes on 669 Posts
Originally Posted by Tony Pac
Honestly! Not all but most of these members that just show up for a one ore two posts “I messed up” “RDX was a bad purchase” seem fake to me.

They are all fake reviews by fanboys of other brands.
I really do think mods should come on here and clean up all of these single post complaint threads. I do genuinely believe that some of these are not real people but rather possibly people paid by other manufacturers or that work for other brands trying to put a damper on the 3G RDX sales success.it beat out every other model including things like the Q5 and X3 for the first time ever. Clearly people are really liking it.

No other brand is currently offering as complete of a package at the price point the RDX is doing it at. Yes it has some issues to iron out but it's still IMO a good buy and once the infotainment is worked out, it will be perfect IMO.
The following users liked this post:
Tony Pac (04-09-2019)
Old 04-09-2019, 03:25 AM
Null and proud of it

Originally Posted by RDX10
I really do think mods should come on here and clean up all of these single post complaint threads. I do genuinely believe that some of these are not real people but rather possibly people paid by other manufacturers or that work for other brands trying to put a damper on the 3G RDX sales success.it beat out every other model including things like the Q5 and X3 for the first time ever. Clearly people are really liking it.

No other brand is currently offering as complete of a package at the price point the RDX is doing it at. Yes it has some issues to iron out but it's still IMO a good buy and once the infotainment is worked out, it will be perfect IMO.
Aggreed!

We must work to decipher the legitimacy of post and post weather the information provided if felt to be accurate and genuine. In most cases, sadly, it isn't.

May need to do IP checks on sone of these "new members"!
Old 04-09-2019, 05:22 AM
AZ Community Team

Received 1,582 Likes on 952 Posts
Agreed with all of you folks!

Onde again, I am pretty sure these temporary members are fake and just want to create a negative image for RDX.

The common factor among these people: “they buy the car without test driving and the next day they find out “oops this doesn’t work or that doesn’t work.””

Serious buyers come here first, ask questions, do many test drives then buy.

Anyway, I never rely on here people. They have zero history here and no credibility.
Old 04-09-2019, 08:10 AM
Drifting

Received 1,024 Likes on 714 Posts
I don’t think that BMW or Audi or Mercedes Benz is hiring these people to come here and post.
Old 04-09-2019, 10:05 AM
ceb
Suzuka Master

Received 1,276 Likes on 951 Posts

Onde again, I am pretty sure these temporary members are fake and just want to create a negative image for RDX.

The common factor among these people: “they buy the car without test driving and the next day they find out “oops this doesn’t work or that doesn’t work.””

Anyway, I never rely on here people. They have zero history here and no credibility.
Very unlikely. The majority of buyers of SUVs do a little research at a couple of dealerships, drive a car or two and only come here when they have a question after the purchase.

Remember that forum members are a tiny subset of RDX owners. Look at how few people actually post here
RDX10 (04-09-2019)
Old 04-09-2019, 01:53 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by ceb
Very unlikely. The majority of buyers of SUVs do a little research at a couple of dealerships, drive a car or two and only come here when they have a question after the purchase.

Remember that forum members are a tiny subset of RDX owners. Look at how few people actually post here
Yup was thinking the same thing. Very very few people actually come on here before buying the RDX. This isn't a S4 or M5....etc. i.e a real enthusiast car. But I do genuinely believe that some of these sre just troll posts.
Old 04-09-2019, 01:58 PM
Racer

Received 66 Likes on 58 Posts
I think you would find many do not do much research at all. They bought a Toyota before...and thats what they are buying now..same goes for price...they dont haggle much..prob why Costco sells so many cars....

Last edited by flames9; 04-09-2019 at 02:01 PM.
Old 04-09-2019, 02:21 PM
ceb
Suzuka Master

Received 1,276 Likes on 951 Posts
Yup was thinking the same thing. Very very few people actually come on here before buying the RDX. This isn't a S4 or M5....etc. i.e a real enthusiast car. But I do genuinely believe that some of these are just troll posts.
You are underestimating the stupidity of the average buying public.
RDX10 (04-09-2019)
Old 04-09-2019, 02:24 PM
Pro

Received 227 Likes on 140 Posts
Yup was thinking the same thing. Very very few people actually come on here before buying the RDX. This isn't a S4 or M5....etc. i.e a real enthusiast car. But I do genuinely believe that some of these sre just troll posts.
As a member or moderator of several other Honda forums, I can state with confidence that some of the complaints you see on forums are indeed sabotage by trolls or competitors. Yes, it's dirty. Yes, it happens. Many of these complaints are also very valid. Unfortunately, it can be difficult to tell the difference. Sometimes, a competitor will go to great lengths to establish a presence on a forum before unleashing complaints then disappearing. Sometimes, a real owner will have a bad experience, make one post, then disappear after they move on to something else - they just needed to vent. Sometimes, an automotive journalist will plant a "stink bomb" in a forum and use the replies to help develop their story.

Last year, I found a suspiciously defamatory post on a forum I moderate. When I viewed the member's account information, I chuckled after seeing that the domain name of the email address they used to registered revealed the competing manufacturer they were employed by (it wasn't Honda). They were promptly banned.
Old 04-09-2019, 03:48 PM
Drifting

Received 803 Likes on 528 Posts
And I am guilty of what I am about to write:

When we keep adding to a thread that we believe is suspect, it keeps rising to the top, assisting the presumed motive of the OP. Hmmmm

Answer? Perhaps a mod can close or lock it?

If the OP really is sincere, they can PM a mod to unlock it.
Old 04-09-2019, 04:33 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by ceb
You are underestimating the stupidity of the average buying public.
Believe me, I never underestimate the stupidity of the general public anymore. Everytime I thought I left some room for further disappointment, they ALWAYS found ways to exceed my expectations. Now I no longer have any expectations.

Originally Posted by zroger73
As a member or moderator of several other Honda forums, I can state with confidence that some of the complaints you see on forums are indeed sabotage by trolls or competitors. Yes, it's dirty. Yes, it happens. Many of these complaints are also very valid. Unfortunately, it can be difficult to tell the difference. Sometimes, a competitor will go to great lengths to establish a presence on a forum before unleashing complaints then disappearing. Sometimes, a real owner will have a bad experience, make one post, then disappear after they move on to something else - they just needed to vent. Sometimes, an automotive journalist will plant a "stink bomb" in a forum and use the replies to help develop their story.

Last year, I found a suspiciously defamatory post on a forum I moderate. When I viewed the member's account information, I chuckled after seeing that the domain name of the email address they used to registered revealed the competing manufacturer they were employed by (it wasn't Honda). They were promptly banned.
I totally beleive that. Some people have nothing better to do with their time than troll. It's really very sad. I do also agree that it is very hard to differentiate between legitimate people and trolls. I've seen people on here go down the throat of people posting actual real posts.

I don't think it's fair to silence real people posting real issues just like it isn't fair to stop people posting positive posts about their vehicles either. But there should be some controls for these one post wonders.

Originally Posted by JB in AZ
And I am guilty of what I am about to write:

When we keep adding to a thread that we believe is suspect, it keeps rising to the top, assisting the presumed motive of the OP. Hmmmm

Answer? Perhaps a mod can close or lock it?

If the OP really is sincere, they can PM a mod to unlock it.
Yup this is exactly my thoughts. What purpose does this sort of thread even serve if OP posts something about a bad engine and never ever comes back.
Old 04-09-2019, 06:08 PM
Drifting

Received 1,024 Likes on 714 Posts
Which is why nothing is foolproof. Fools are too inventive.
Old 04-09-2019, 10:29 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 276 Likes on 180 Posts
It's 2019 ... There are far more effective outlets than a small owners forum if somebody is genuinely trying to hurt Acura. I won't say trolling doesn't happen, but I believe most of what we see here are genuinely frustrated owners, plus a few who don't seem to mind admitting they aren't very good at the car-shopping thing. The OP, for example, titled the thread "I messed up", not "The RDX is a complete POS - DO NOT BUY IT!!!!". He/she even called him/herself 'stupid'. I don't see how that's supposed to hurt Acura.
Old 04-09-2019, 11:50 PM
Null and proud of it

Originally Posted by ceb

Sad but true.
Old 04-10-2019, 12:05 AM
Racer

Received 123 Likes on 78 Posts
Originally Posted by HotRodW
It's 2019 ... There are far more effective outlets than a small owners forum if somebody is genuinely trying to hurt Acura. I won't say trolling doesn't happen, but I believe most of what we see here are genuinely frustrated owners, plus a few who don't seem to mind admitting they aren't very good at the car-shopping thing. The OP, for example, titled the thread "I messed up", not "The RDX is a complete POS - DO NOT BUY IT!!!!". He/she even called him/herself 'stupid'. I don't see how that's supposed to hurt Acura.