Hard to find Advance models?

Old 07-17-2019, 07:58 AM
I may be fat but I'm slow

Received 43 Likes on 29 Posts
Hard to find Advance models?

My wife came home and announced she wants a new car to replace her 2015 RDX. She is considering a new RDX, but would want white/black, AWD and Advance. I hopped on the inventory of our local dealer which has a zillion RDXs but few Advances. Then check Autotrader for the Chicagoland are and same thing? Seems like this would be a very popular combo but few available? Even if I open up the interior color you can barely find any white advances. Is there something I’m missing?
Old 07-17-2019, 09:38 AM
Intermediate

Received 16 Likes on 9 Posts
About a month ago, I went through this in Chicago. Many of the dealer websites (and resultant Cars.com, etc. listings) are for some reason not up-to-date, so you'll need to find a good salesperson/internet manager to ask and verify inventory. Are you looking for 2019 or 2020? The 2019 Advance AWD pickings were very slim a month ago and for some reason most of the dealers didn't have 2020's yet.

I can see a 2019 white/black Advance AWD at McGrath in Chicago - not sure if you've called on that one yet.

I have a couple of recommendations:

1. Wait until you find the color combo you want. I decided to let myself get switched off of it due to the inventory issue, but I should have just waited (especially given two separate dealers that I had called about White Advances they showed in stock said they didn't have them and then two weeks later called me back to say they were mistaken and they were actually on the lot). Unfortunately, they didn't get back to me until after I had decided to switch to a secondary color combo.

2. Do NOT use Napleton Acura. They are the worst. I've worked in car sales before and I've bought dozens of cars at various dealers. This place is the absolute pits - they will suck any enjoyment out of the process and try to use every old school trick and tactic. To top it off, their parts department and service department are also completely inept (just from a basic communication perspective). Stay far away.

3. Naperville Acura was the most straightforward to deal with of the 4 dealers I talked to - Ernie (salesperson) and Mark (manager) were very up front and did their best for me. In hindsight, I wish I had just waited until they had the right car so I could have done business with them. The pricing they gave me here wasn't different than what I got to anywhere else, but they are good people.
Old 07-17-2019, 10:46 AM
4th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by HondaGuy347
My wife came home and announced she wants a new car to replace her 2015 RDX. She is considering a new RDX, but would want white/black, AWD and Advance. I hopped on the inventory of our local dealer which has a zillion RDXs but few Advances. Then check Autotrader for the Chicagoland are and same thing? Seems like this would be a very popular combo but few available? Even if I open up the interior color you can barely find any white advances. Is there something I’m missing?
Interesting that you bring this up. There seem to be a few Advance models in Oklahoma but I made an observation during my test drive. The Advance model I tested had "Service Loaner" where the MSRP should have been. When I questioned the sales guy he said that's how they buck the system to get more Advance models.
Old 07-17-2019, 01:34 PM
I may be fat but I'm slow

Received 43 Likes on 29 Posts
Originally Posted by dugums
About a month ago, I went through this in Chicago. Many of the dealer websites (and resultant Cars.com, etc. listings) are for some reason not up-to-date, so you'll need to find a good salesperson/internet manager to ask and verify inventory. Are you looking for 2019 or 2020? The 2019 Advance AWD pickings were very slim a month ago and for some reason most of the dealers didn't have 2020's yet.

I can see a 2019 white/black Advance AWD at McGrath in Chicago - not sure if you've called on that one yet.

I have a couple of recommendations:

1. Wait until you find the color combo you want. I decided to let myself get switched off of it due to the inventory issue, but I should have just waited (especially given two separate dealers that I had called about White Advances they showed in stock said they didn't have them and then two weeks later called me back to say they were mistaken and they were actually on the lot). Unfortunately, they didn't get back to me until after I had decided to switch to a secondary color combo.

2. Do NOT use Napleton Acura. They are the worst. I've worked in car sales before and I've bought dozens of cars at various dealers. This place is the absolute pits - they will suck any enjoyment out of the process and try to use every old school trick and tactic. To top it off, their parts department and service department are also completely inept (just from a basic communication perspective). Stay far away.

3. Naperville Acura was the most straightforward to deal with of the 4 dealers I talked to - Ernie (salesperson) and Mark (manager) were very up front and did their best for me. In hindsight, I wish I had just waited until they had the right car so I could have done business with them. The pricing they gave me here wasn't different than what I got to anywhere else, but they are good people.
I haven't made any calls. She just brought it up last night and we haven't really done anything yet. Her car needs a service, so I think this weekend we will take it in and she can do some test driving, and if she likes it we can start the process of trying to hunt down a car. We've had really good luck with Muller Acura in Hoffman Estates, and terrible experiences with Arlington Acura in Palatine/Arlington Heights, so I'd like to stick with Muller if possible (bought 2x cars there already).

I assume 2019 and 2020 are the same? Ideally if I could find a leftover 2019 and save some coin I'd do that, but otherwise I don't really care, but she won't compromise on color or features. We are going to look at some other things too (we are all over the map, will look at Audi Q7 and Lexus RX L and GX as well probably, and maybe MB???) We bought her current RDX in a hurry (she had totaled a car hitting a deer, needed a car ASAP and we couldn't wait for the refreshed 2016s) so we don't want to do that again. We also might wait to see what the new MDXs look like, I dunno, when are those out?
Old 07-17-2019, 02:16 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 1,092 Likes on 714 Posts
Originally Posted by HondaGuy347
I haven't made any calls. She just brought it up last night and we haven't really done anything yet. Her car needs a service, so I think this weekend we will take it in and she can do some test driving, and if she likes it we can start the process of trying to hunt down a car. We've had really good luck with Muller Acura in Hoffman Estates, and terrible experiences with Arlington Acura in Palatine/Arlington Heights, so I'd like to stick with Muller if possible (bought 2x cars there already).

I assume 2019 and 2020 are the same? Ideally if I could find a leftover 2019 and save some coin I'd do that, but otherwise I don't really care, but she won't compromise on color or features. We are going to look at some other things too (we are all over the map, will look at Audi Q7 and Lexus RX L and GX as well probably, and maybe MB???) We bought her current RDX in a hurry (she had totaled a car hitting a deer, needed a car ASAP and we couldn't wait for the refreshed 2016s) so we don't want to do that again. We also might wait to see what the new MDXs look like, I dunno, when are those out?
She should test drive one if you can find it, just to see the features. I love the HUD, seats and sound system in the Advance as well as many other little things
Old 07-17-2019, 03:58 PM
Racer

Received 166 Likes on 107 Posts
I have a 2019 RDX Advance SH-AWD I am about to sell... Black with Parchment Interior..Running Boards, Chrome Accents, Towing Package... etc.
Old 07-17-2019, 11:56 PM
Racer

Received 110 Likes on 75 Posts
I'm seeing the same thing in the San Francisco bay area, lots of cars with the Technology package but very few Advance models. Maybe the Technology package is the most popular and that's what the factory concentrates on first? My wife wants the bronze color and that seems to be the least popular color so we might have to wait for quite awhile yet. On the bright side, maybe Android Auto will roll out by the time we find a bronze AWD Advance.😀