MI-RDX (07-13-2018)
Old 07-13-2018, 04:02 PM
Car Crazy for Sure!

Received 432 Likes on 299 Posts
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by MarineOne
Let's see if this works.

https://youtu.be/V6vg-0daHv8
Yep, this is a good one. Been on You Tube and elsewhere for awhile now. I was really tuned in when he was going over the entire way the body was so differently put together than how they did previous vehicles.
I like the extra sound deadening and insulation they finally did. Also, the structuring around the doors. A lot went in to this new RDX.

Kinda funny when I know what has been done.....and "russianDude" says..."it's just an RDX." I have to laugh. It's WAY above and beyond the Gen 1 and Gen 2 models. Like many vehicles, it's not "perfect"....but, it is SO much
better than the previous models...and, for that matter....giving the competition a REAL run for their money!!

Acura really spent a lot of R & D and time on this design. And it was done right here in the U.S. Design studies in California.
Old 07-13-2018, 05:07 PM
Instructor

Received 46 Likes on 32 Posts
Originally Posted by Colorado Guy AF Ret.
Yep, this is a good one. Been on You Tube and elsewhere for awhile now. I was really tuned in when he was going over the entire way the body was so differently put together than how they did previous vehicles.
I like the extra sound deadening and insulation they finally did. Also, the structuring around the doors. A lot went in to this new RDX.

Kinda funny when I know what has been done.....and "russianDude" says..."it's just an RDX." I have to laugh. It's WAY above and beyond the Gen 1 and Gen 2 models. Like many vehicles, it's not "perfect"....but, it is SO much
better than the previous models...and, for that matter....giving the competition a REAL run for their money!!

Acura really spent a lot of R & D and time on this design. And it was done right here in the U.S. Design studies in California.
Absolutely! The chassis engineers really did their homework. This is the stuff I tune into, for everything to work well there must be a solid structure. 1500 MPa UHSS, laser welding, hot stamping. real geek stuff!
Old 07-13-2018, 10:50 PM
Car Crazy for Sure!

Received 432 Likes on 299 Posts
Smile

Originally Posted by MarineOne
Absolutely! The chassis engineers really did their homework. This is the stuff I tune into, for everything to work well there must be a solid structure. 1500 MPa UHSS, laser welding, hot stamping. real geek stuff!
Exactly...I like the "hi tech" info too. My RDX A-Spec handles like a sports car...well, almost. But, lots better than my Gen 2 RDX's, and I really liked them a lot.
This is just a totally different animal!! I love driving mine....and I don't get too that much since it really is my wife's daily driver. I do have my '18 TLX A-Spec for me to have fun in. It really does handle like a 4 door sports car!!
It has the Sh-Awd, and when pushed hard in a sweeping curve...you really get to know how good it all works well together. That torque vectoring system is great....you just have to really push it hard....and trust it....to realize it's
full potential.

Most won't, and just driving around the city streets you will never know what it can really do. I need to get it up in the mountains and hit those twisty's!!
But, in the snow and ice that system will also prove it's worth.
Old 07-14-2018, 04:22 AM
MTD
Racer

Received 111 Likes on 59 Posts
Steel supplied by the company I work for here in Canada. Hopefully Trump doesn't screw that up lol.
Old 07-14-2018, 06:43 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 1,092 Likes on 714 Posts
Originally Posted by MTD
Steel supplied by the company I work for here in Canada. Hopefully Trump doesn't screw that up lol.
Just leveling the trade playing field.. it's all going to be okay
Old 07-14-2018, 08:12 AM
Racer

Received 99 Likes on 60 Posts
Originally Posted by Colorado Guy AF Ret.
Exactly...I like the "hi tech" info too. My RDX A-Spec handles like a sports car...well, almost. But, lots better than my Gen 2 RDX's, and I really liked them a lot.
This is just a totally different animal!! I love driving mine....and I don't get too that much since it really is my wife's daily driver. I do have my '18 TLX A-Spec for me to have fun in. It really does handle like a 4 door sports car!!
It has the Sh-Awd, and when pushed hard in a sweeping curve...you really get to know how good it all works well together. That torque vectoring system is great....you just have to really push it hard....and trust it....to realize it's
full potential.

Most won't, and just driving around the city streets you will never know what it can really do. I need to get it up in the mountains and hit those twisty's!!
But, in the snow and ice that system will also prove it's worth.
Can you compare sh-awd of your TLX vs 4th gen sh-awd of RDX? Do you feel more torque tranferred to rear?