I wonder?

Old 07-13-2018, 10:04 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts
I wonder?

I’m wondering why a person who doesn’t own a ‘19 RDX, or even own an Acura for that matter, would troll this forum with inane or asinine comments. I understand a person seeking info from real owners to make a buying decision would visit for awhile, but why would a troll comment for months? Any thoughts? My intuition tells me the troll will comment soon to this thread. See if you can identify him or her. I’ll be gone for a few days wandering Indiana.
Old 07-13-2018, 10:18 PM
Car Crazy for Sure!

Received 432 Likes on 299 Posts
Smile

Originally Posted by Rexorg
I’m wondering why a person who doesn’t own a ‘19 RDX, or even own an Acura for that matter, would troll this forum with inane or asinine comments. I understand a person seeking info from real owners to make a buying decision would visit for awhile, but why would a troll comment for months? Any thoughts? My intuition tells me the troll will comment soon to this thread. See if you can identify him or her. I’ll be gone for a few days wandering Indiana.
Interesting you wrote this. Not unusual for virtually any site like this. There are those that don't have a life, and think hiding behind the key board is their "fun"...or a way to bully others. Too much of a coward to do it in person, so, it's
so easy doing it on sites like ours. IF a person goes too far and one of the Moderators have not caught it....then let them know.

I have a '19 RDX A-Spec, white/red. Had (3) Gen 2's, also have an '18 TLX A-Spec, had a TSX Special Edition...great car. And then 12 Hondas going back to an "84 Prelude.
Looks like we both like Honda Motor Corp. vehicles!

Have fun in Indy...I was born and raised in Northern Indiana...75 mile north of Indianapolis.

Take care.

Last edited by Colorado Guy AF Ret.; 07-13-2018 at 10:22 PM.
Old 07-14-2018, 12:13 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 708 Likes on 325 Posts
You think it’s bad here?? Pop over to the TLX section and have your eyes opened.
The following users liked this post:
a35tl (07-19-2018)
Old 07-14-2018, 12:21 AM
Drifting

Received 586 Likes on 432 Posts
Huh. I think the troll count is pretty low on this forum compared to others I visit.

There's a 2019 RDX Advance, two MDXs, and a CRV currently active in my family fleet. 12 Honda/Acura vehicles going back to a cherry red 1984 Honda Prelude, purchased new. With a couple Jeeps mixed in to help me appreciate Honda engineering and reliability.

Sadly, text is an imperfect medium for conveying interpersonal communications. The nuances of speech inflection and body language help us distinguish between light-hearted BS and mean-spirited attacks.

But a textual drive-by shooting is perilously close to trolling behavior, even if it's an alleged troll you're trolling.

As Colorado suggests, if ya got something to say, say it.
Old 07-14-2018, 04:21 AM
MTD
Racer

Received 111 Likes on 59 Posts
Originally Posted by SebringSilver
You think it’s bad here?? Pop over to the TLX section and have your eyes opened.
I was going to say the exact same thing lol. Sure there are a few unhappy former owners, but there are a ton of regulars who don't own, or have ever driven a TLX or plan to get one.
Old 07-14-2018, 06:41 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 1,092 Likes on 714 Posts
Originally Posted by SebringSilver
No kidding, it used to drive me crazy when non-owners would start fights there constantly. A few troll on this one from time to time too.

I don't get why they do it
Old 07-14-2018, 06:54 AM
Instructor

Received 46 Likes on 32 Posts
Originally Posted by Rexorg
I went through a long and arduous journey to get to this point. I am downsizing from a full-size pickup. My needs no longer require a pickup, my wife and I decided on an SUV/CUV . Long story short, I crossed off the Lexus RX, Acura MDX ( don't like the fact I have to use a touchscreen to adjust climate control, but that's another story), Kia Sorento, Buick Enclave, Ford Explorer. I don't need a mid-size SUV. I started looking at CUV's, and here I am. I like what the engineers did with the 3G RDX. I am here to learn. As long as we have internet forums, the trolling will never cease. It's entrtainment!
The following users liked this post:
Stew4HD (07-14-2018)
Old 07-14-2018, 07:32 AM
Instructor

Received 35 Likes on 19 Posts
Internet trolls pick fights on the internet generally because they’re gutless and wouldn’t pick a fight with anyone face to face. They have this burning desire to instigate and stir the poop, but they can’t do it with anyone in real life, so internet forums are the perfect ecosystem to fulfill their needs.

Try ray looking at comments on instagram... that’s where the real lowlifes hang out.
Old 07-14-2018, 09:49 AM
Pro

Received 123 Likes on 77 Posts
Originally Posted by Stew4HD
No kidding, it used to drive me crazy when non-owners would start fights there constantly. A few troll on this one from time to time too.

I don't get why they do it
they troll because they can’t afford one themselves so they try to make owners feel bad about buying one. It helps them to justify their internal rationale for not buying one but truthfully they couldn’t if they wanted to.
Old 07-14-2018, 11:26 AM
WayTooManyAcuras

Received 481 Likes on 223 Posts
Originally Posted by Dizzyg12
they troll because they can’t afford one themselves so they try to make owners feel bad about buying one. It helps them to justify their internal rationale for not buying one but truthfully they couldn’t if they wanted to.
This. Best to ignore and not engage. If you/we don't respond, they lose. They live for a response. Don't give it to them. One thing for sure is that on the internet, you can NEVER change anyone's mind. Never. Back and forth's get you nowhere. Ignore and be happy.