East is West & West is East

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2019, 05:03 PM
Intermediate

Received 18 Likes on 10 Posts
East is West & West is East

Selected the Compass display in the Multi-Information Display. The letter(s) in the center of the display
always correctly indicate the direction of travel. And the pointer is correct for the N-S component. But the
pointer is reversed for the E-W component. Not a big deal unless you are relying on the compass to find
your way. Will be interesting to see if the 2020s as delivered fixed this.
Old 05-12-2019, 08:34 PM
Pro

Received 232 Likes on 165 Posts
I don't know if you have the same problem as the poster of this thread, but you might want to read it over.

It is more likely you are having the same problem as that poster, than having a defect in your RDX.
Old 05-12-2019, 08:45 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 167 Likes on 124 Posts
^^^this
Old 05-12-2019, 08:54 PM
Intermediate

I'm not saying there is a defect in my car. The car knows which way it is heading as evidenced by the correct direction displayed
in the center of the compass. When heading North the center of the compass displays N and the pointer points up. When heading South
the center displays S and the pointer points down. When heading West the center displays W but the pointer points to the left. And
when heading East the center displays E but the pointer points to the right. The last two are backwards in my opinion.

But perhaps I am wrong in thinking the pointer should point left or right as per a North up map. Take a look at Page
132 of the Owners Manual - shows car is headed East but pointer points to the left or West!
Old 05-12-2019, 09:08 PM
Pro

Originally Posted by 1stRDX?
. Take a look at Page 132 of the Owners Manual - shows car is headed East but pointer points to the left or West!
That image in the manual is exactly as I described in the old post. If you are travelling east, you would need to turn left to head north. That image is correctly showing that north is to the left.

The description of your own RDX does not match the old post. When you are heading east the pointer points to the right.
Old 05-12-2019, 09:18 PM
Intermediate

OK - So the pointer always points North, just like an actual compass. I was thinking, incorrectly, that the pointer would point in the direction of travel. My Bad.
Old 05-12-2019, 09:20 PM
Drifting

Received 586 Likes on 432 Posts
Pics or it didn't happen. Mine behaves like a handheld compass; the red arrow always points North.

[Edit] Ya beat me to it!
Old 05-13-2019, 06:11 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 167 Likes on 124 Posts
OK - So the pointer always points North, just like an actual compass. I was thinking, incorrectly, that the pointer would point in the direction of travel. My Bad.
We all have brain farts...don't sweat it! Pointer points towards NORTH...always. Guess you weren't a Boy Scout
Old 05-13-2019, 08:17 AM
Pro

When heading North the center of the compass displays N and the pointer points up. When heading South
the center displays S and the pointer points down. When heading West the center displays W but the pointer points to the left. And
when heading East the center displays E but the pointer points to the right. The last two are backwards in my opinion.

The last two ARE backwards on your display. When heading West, the pointer should point North which is to your right (not left). And when heading East the pointer should still point North, which is to your left (not right).

So your display IS not working correctly, or perhaps you just typed your post from memory and got things reversed.
Old 05-13-2019, 08:59 AM
Pro

Originally Posted by RDX10
Either I'm confused or you're wrong lol. When heading east north is to your left and when heading west North is to your right. What am I missing here? :confused.
But that is what I did say.

Originally Posted by RDX-Rick
When heading West, the pointer should point North which is to your right (not left). And when heading East the pointer should still point North, which is to your left (not right).

So your display IS not working correctly, or perhaps you just typed your post from memory and got things reversed.

EDIT: Just noticed you deleted your post, I guess you realized the error.