Does your dealer have one yet?

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2018, 06:33 PM
Intermediate

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by birdonamission
I got the same invite the other day, which I RSVP'd to attend. I live about an hour away in Southern Maryland and the traffic will be a horror show by the time I get off work (teleworking) and head up on the beltway for the event that starts at 6:00 p.m. Call me crazy, but I think I'm going actually give it a go.
I'm 5-10 minutes away. My issue is whether I feel like trying to convince my wife that's it's critical that I miss family dinner to attend a new car unveiling when my current lease doesn't expire for 6 months
Old 05-29-2018, 06:41 PM
Drifting

Received 1,024 Likes on 714 Posts
Originally Posted by warrenj3139
I'm 5-10 minutes away. My issue is whether I feel like trying to convince my wife that's it's critical that I miss family dinner to attend a new car unveiling when my current lease doesn't expire for 6 months

No. It isn’t, on two counts, so hold your horses. Ya gotta finesse it. Both the wife and the dealer. Ya got six months. Find a time when she is bored, it is bad weather, she don’t feel like doing anything, and say, “geez, I’m bored and gotta get outta here. The lease is up in a couple of months so I am going to Acura. I heard some things about a new RDX. Whatcha making for dinner?” Nine times out of ten, she will prefer to go with you.

If it works, you play the dealer. See if the wife likes it, then be a bit diffident about when and where you might sign. YOU sell the wife, let the salesman sell a reluctant you.

Last edited by Madd Dog; 05-29-2018 at 06:44 PM.
Old 05-29-2018, 06:52 PM
Pro

Received 218 Likes on 135 Posts
LOL! @ warrenj3139, Madd Dog
Old 05-29-2018, 07:02 PM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Madd Dog

No. It isn’t, on two counts, so hold your horses. Ya gotta finesse it. Both the wife and the dealer. Ya got six months. Find a time when she is bored, it is bad weather, she don’t feel like doing anything, and say, “geez, I’m bored and gotta get outta here. The lease is up in a couple of months so I am going to Acura. I heard some things about a new RDX. Whatcha making for dinner?” Nine times out of ten, she will prefer to go with you.

If it works, you play the dealer. See if the wife likes it, then be a bit diffident about when and where you might sign. YOU sell the wife, let the salesman sell a reluctant you.
My brain knows you're right. My heart wants to see it. In my defense, I ended up in my current car without much time to research -- I was in a head on collision that totaled my then 3-month old 5 series, and by the time I was healed up enough to test drive a replacement I had about a week left on my rental window to find a replacement vehicle. So I rushed a lease and I'm trying not to do the same this time. Realistically, I'll probably just drive by the dealership to glance a few times in the coming months and not fully reveal myself to the dealership until much closer to the end of the year. It would be my 3rd Acura from them and technically my 4th car from them as the dealership was an Acura/Nissan dealership before the Nissan side moved away. So i'm hoping they'll play ball with me regardless.
Old 05-30-2018, 11:17 AM
Advanced

Received 34 Likes on 15 Posts
Just received a text from one of the sales reps at Leith Acura in Cary, they just unloaded five this morning. Waiting for details on what trims they are. Know what I'm doing this weekend!
Old 05-30-2018, 11:22 AM
6th Gear

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Roseville CA had about 10 yesterday evening. Various trims and colors. I test drove an Advanced, had an A-Spec on the showroom floor. Wish they would combine A-Spec looks with Advanced features.
Old 05-30-2018, 11:22 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 522 Likes on 334 Posts
Originally Posted by A4toTL
Just received a text from one of the sales reps at Leith Acura in Cary, they just unloaded five this morning. Waiting for details on what trims they are. Know what I'm doing this weekend!
Oh!!!!! That's my local dealer, I guess I know what I am checking out this weekend.
Old 05-30-2018, 11:26 AM
Instructor

Received 68 Likes on 47 Posts
I'm working with South Point in Durham and I believe they have about 15. I was going to test drive Saturday but they don't have a SH-AWD model in yet. So probably next week.
Old 05-30-2018, 11:50 AM
Advanced

Originally Posted by Curious3GTL
Oh!!!!! That's my local dealer, I guess I know what I am checking out this weekend.
I need to give Hendrick Acura a call as well. Since they moved to Southpoint from 15-501 both dealerships are practically the same distance from Wake Forest.
Old 05-30-2018, 12:51 PM
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by birdonamission
I got the same invite the other day, which I RSVP'd to attend. I live about an hour away in Southern Maryland and the traffic will be a horror show by the time I get off work (teleworking) and head up on the beltway for the event that starts at 6:00 p.m. Call me crazy, but I think I'm going actually give it a go.
Radley had two + this morning, red advance, navy blue base model, and I saw a white A Spec out for a test as we pulled back in. I tested the advance package (i think). Also said they sold two last night.

I'm torn between upgrading my tlx to the A Spec V6 or this. The new features remind me of my wife's 328 premium package, they definitely have stepped it up.
Old 05-30-2018, 12:59 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 522 Likes on 334 Posts
I need to give Hendrick Acura a call as well. Since they moved to Southpoint from 15-501 both dealerships are practically the same distance from Wake Forest.
I can't speak to the one they have open here, but I LOVED Hendrick Acura in Charlotte. Much better experience than I had with Leith Acura.
Old 05-30-2018, 01:05 PM
Instructor

Received 35 Likes on 23 Posts
Bridgewater Acura in NJ has 10 of them. Got the call yesterday.
Old 05-30-2018, 01:06 PM
Instructor

Central NC is well represented on these forums!
The following users liked this post:
Curious3GTL (05-30-2018)
Old 05-30-2018, 01:24 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 383 Likes on 239 Posts
Another NC native here. Leith is the closest to me, about an hour away.
Curious3GTL (05-30-2018)
Old 05-30-2018, 01:56 PM
Advanced

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts
Two of my local dealers called me as well telling me their first shipment is in. However, they don't have the trim I want, White A-SPEC with red interior SH-AWD. They only have FWD, it seems the sunshine states will get the AWD's in later.
Old 05-30-2018, 04:19 PM
Advanced

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts
We went by there this afternoon and they weren't out yet. We just wanted to see the Modern Steel Metallic which we could see on the '18s. Just got a note from the internet sales manager saying they had 7 and they would be out for sale tomorrow. He said to call to make an appointment.

I'm not in a rush. Wait a week or two til things calm down and the salespeople understand the RDX better then we'll go for test drive. If that's good we'll purchase later, not in a hurry.
Curious3GTL (05-30-2018)
Old 05-30-2018, 04:43 PM
Drifting

I plan to give a 2.0 Accord a thorough test drive so I can get that engine and transmission pair down and be able to focus on other things in the RDX test drives.

I’m retired, so I have the time, and, frankly, I don’t even need a new car. I am even thinking of just adding this car, and not getting rid of the two we have now.
Old 05-30-2018, 06:33 PM
Advanced

I plan to give a 2.0 Accord a thorough test drive so I can get that engine and transmission pair down and be able to focus on other things in the RDX test drives.

I’m retired, so I have the time, and, frankly, I don’t even need a new car. I am even thinking of just adding this car, and not getting rid of the two we have now.
This will be an addon for me too. Keeping my 15 TLX.
Old 05-30-2018, 06:51 PM
Drifting

Originally Posted by warrenj3139
My brain knows you're right. My heart wants to see it. In my defense, I ended up in my current car without much time to research -- I was in a head on collision that totaled my then 3-month old 5 series, and by the time I was healed up enough to test drive a replacement I had about a week left on my rental window to find a replacement vehicle. So I rushed a lease and I'm trying not to do the same this time. Realistically, I'll probably just drive by the dealership to glance a few times in the coming months and not fully reveal myself to the dealership until much closer to the end of the year. It would be my 3rd Acura from them and technically my 4th car from them as the dealership was an Acura/Nissan dealership before the Nissan side moved away. So i'm hoping they'll play ball with me regardless.

You are in a major metropolitan area. Make up a new email address, show up at a dealer that is out of your area, go in cog neat-o. Explore it there.
Old 05-30-2018, 06:53 PM
Drifting

This will be an addon for me too. Keeping my 15 TLX.

First world issues. Sometimes I have to pinch myself.
Old 05-30-2018, 07:21 PM
Advanced

Received 45 Likes on 24 Posts

First world issues. Sometimes I have to pinch myself.
This entire website is dedicated to first world issues.
Old 05-30-2018, 09:07 PM
Advanced

The Tech wheels look so much better than the Advance ones.
Old 05-31-2018, 11:11 AM
Advanced

Received 45 Likes on 24 Posts
I stopped by my local dealer last night (Niello Acura in Roseville, CA) and spent some time looking at a white A-Spec. It was in the showroom and getting late so I didn't get a chance to test drive it although the sales guy really wanted me to take it out. Told him I'd come back when they had the other cars done with pre-inspection, they were still out back. Overall impressions, this thing is beautiful. Even my wife loved it and she was a bit unsure based on photos. Interior is very well done and the audio system sounds great. Overall fit-n-finish and attention to quality is on point. The infotainment is really slick but will have a decent learning curve. Found myself fumbling through it a lot but I'm coming from much older cars with basically no tech. I then went out back to look at a few other non A-Spec trims.

To be honest, if it weren't for the A-Spec trim I don't think I could love the looks of the RDX. The Basic/Tech/Advance trims look extremely bland and ugly to me with all the chrome and wheel packages. To me these looks like every other egg-shaped crossover on the road today. The A-Spec is how the RDX should look and really sets it apart.

I'm 100% sold on this and will be a buyer towards the end of 2018. I will go back to get some driving time. This is the one I saw:

Old 05-31-2018, 11:41 AM
Racer

Received 97 Likes on 60 Posts
I agree. The ASpec , especially the white, looks great. And even though it doesn’t have the few extras the Advance has, it is plenty loaded and looks better. The blacked out features look great. It’s all subjective, but A-spec is my favorite
Old 05-31-2018, 11:55 AM
Instructor

A-SPEC is my favorite too, however I am electing Advanced because I spend about an hour each weekday commuting and at least one round-trip between NC and Connecticut per year really makes the extra comfort and technology worth the downgrade in looks.
Old 05-31-2018, 12:06 PM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by mcrompton
A-SPEC is my favorite too, however I am electing Advanced because I spend about an hour each weekday commuting and at least one round-trip between NC and Connecticut per year really makes the extra comfort and technology worth the downgrade in looks.
I'm quite annoyed I'm going to have to choose between these options as well, and would've happily paid for both. Oh well, more first world problems.