Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
Sharp!
Old 06-08-2018, 09:34 AM
Car Crazy for Sure!

Received 432 Likes on 299 Posts
Smile

Originally Posted by AndrewC
Straight $1500...my first Acura.
Lease or Honda Motor Corp. financed?? Or you bought it cash...or your own financing? Some folks here can get "confused" when folks say they got so much off, etc.....it depends on if it was a straight out buy...on YOU,
or again...a Lease or financed through HMC. Loyalty moneys are available from Acura only if you lease or finance through them. Now IF you got a straight $1,500 off the MSRP based on the "dealers" deal....then you
got a great deal. I'm getting ready...MAYBE for my 5th Acura from my GM....I have no idea yet what he will do for me. Tomorrow I'll know. I'm paying cash...but, as I fully know...and other's here....the new RDX is hot,
and they can sell most of them for MSRP now and for the next month or two. Depends on where you are at and their allocation of vehicles.

Thanks.
Old 06-08-2018, 11:04 AM
Lost in translation

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Last "interrogation"...I promise

Great deal. Did you trade-in a vehicle? Most dealers will shortchange a trade-in (undervalue it) simultaneous with a "sweet" deal on the purchase.
Or, of course, the other way around: make the buyer think they overpaid you on your trade-in, for the sake of not discounting the selling price.
Or some blend of the two.
How many times have any of you heard a friend or coworker gushing about getting top dollar on their trade? LOL - always cracks me up! :p
It does surprise me how frequently people do a trade-in, as opposed to selling as a private party. On a $20k vehicle, that could cost them 10%.

Old 06-08-2018, 03:03 PM
Instructor

Received 55 Likes on 34 Posts
Agreed 100% . Trade your car with a dealer = Losing proposition . They dont call them stealership for nothing ..
I would be patient and sell by owner . There is so many internet based car selling websites that you can advertised for FREE . ie : cars.com , truecars.com etc
Especially on Acura and Lexus ,, these cars retain their values well thru the year
Old 06-08-2018, 04:53 PM
2nd Gear

Received 12 Likes on 1 Post
Gunmetal Gray

Picked up my Gunmetal Advanced today. $500 under with a couple of freebies thrown in. A little miffed at the website saying you get remote start with the advanced and then having the dealership state it’s a misprint and it costs $400. Other than that I love it.
The following 12 users liked this post by MikeGrasso:
a35tl (06-09-2018), A4toTL (06-08-2018), acuranj18 (06-09-2018), birdonamission (06-12-2018), Boltface (06-08-2018), Curious3GTL (06-09-2018), jcardona1 (06-08-2018), Notte (06-09-2018), oblio98 (06-28-2018), Outfitter (06-08-2018), r1ckster (06-08-2018), Stew4HD (06-16-2018) and 7 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 06-08-2018, 05:00 PM
Car Crazy for Sure!

Received 432 Likes on 299 Posts
Smile

Originally Posted by dcmod
Agreed 100% . Trade your car with a dealer = Losing proposition . They dont call them stealership for nothing ..
I would be patient and sell by owner . There is so many internet based car selling websites that you can advertised for FREE . ie : cars.com , truecars.com etc
Especially on Acura and Lexus ,, these cars retain their values well thru the year
You are leaving out one very critical issue here. In some states you only pay sales taxes on the difference between your trade and the new car. IF I were to sell to a private party it would pretty much be a loss for me
since I'd have to pay sales tax on a $43K car. So, that is why you will see many folks trading. Of course there are other reasons they do....but, for me....I've worked those #'s often....and also since I have low
mileage trades....and keep them looking like new...or almost....I do get max for my trade and get great deals on the purchase price.

So, if I did not trade I'd be paying sales taxes of $3,500. Now, if I sold my RDX outright to someone, I'd get about $2k to $2.5K more IF I can find the right buyer.....and it's extra time and besides...if you look at the numbers,
it's a LOSING proposition for me.

I work hard at keeping my used Acuras in great shape, tires don't need replacing, nor brake shoes, etc. My dealer always makes my trades CPO's....and they sell very fast. LIke, before they even get to check them in, my
last 2 trades were bought from the front parking lot where I pulled in to conduct my business. It's waxed, super clean in and out.....they look at me and say.."we don't even have to touch this thing." Well, they do have to
follow Acura's CPO program...change oil, filters, inspect "things"...make sure everything works as it should etc.
The following 2 users liked this post by Colorado Guy AF Ret.:
birdonamission (06-12-2018), Outfitter (06-08-2018)
Old 06-08-2018, 05:57 PM
Intermediate

Received 22 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by MikeGrasso
Picked up my Gunmetal Advanced today. $500 under with a couple of freebies thrown in. A little miffed at the website saying you get remote start with the advanced and then having the dealership state it’s a misprint and it costs $400. Other than that I love it.
That Gunmetal Metallic with black interior looks fantastic. Congrats!
Old 06-08-2018, 07:49 PM
Instructor

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
So, here's what I got on a SH-AWD A-Spec: $1500 off of MSRP in addition to $1000 loyalty credit for a total of $2500 off the MSRP. Would you guys pull the trigger?
Old 06-08-2018, 08:06 PM
Instructor

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
sounds too good to be without a high doc fee and or mandatory dealer adds. However, wow.
Old 06-08-2018, 08:18 PM
Racer

Received 59 Likes on 45 Posts
What Chicago area dealer? That is a good deal. Dealers fees are limited by law in Ill, less than $200 last time I bought.
Old 06-08-2018, 08:24 PM
Instructor

Yes, dealer fees are $175.00 in IL. I promised not to disclose the location for now.
Old 06-08-2018, 09:30 PM
Racer

Received 76 Likes on 59 Posts
Originally Posted by idgystinks
There is the short game or the long game. Why turn down a pretty good deal and loose a long term Acura fan?

Most dealers are crafted and honed on the immediate gratification. Yes a law of sales but the short view.

Just my thoughts on an over of $43,300 on an AWD tech.
Maybe you just got a bad salesman? Give the internet manager a email and see what he can do.
Old 06-08-2018, 10:40 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by idgystinks
There is the short game or the long game. Why turn down a pretty good deal and loose a long term Acura fan?

Most dealers are crafted and honed on the immediate gratification. Yes a law of sales but the short view.

Just my thoughts on an over of $43,300 on an AWD tech.
I bought 3 Acuras from the same place. On the RDX though, I was told that they sell them for MSRP and they will not match the competition in the area, so I left and they lost a loyal customer. Pretty foolish on their part in my opinion; short term gain, long therm loss.
Old 06-09-2018, 12:33 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by Colorado Guy AF Ret.
You are leaving out one very critical issue here. In some states you only pay sales taxes on the difference between your trade and the new car. IF I were to sell to a private party it would pretty much be a loss for me
since I'd have to pay sales tax on a $43K car. So, that is why you will see many folks trading. Of course there are other reasons they do....but, for me....I've worked those #'s often....and also since I have low
mileage trades....and keep them looking like new...or almost....I do get max for my trade and get great deals on the purchase price.

So, if I did not trade I'd be paying sales taxes of $3,500. Now, if I sold my RDX outright to someone, I'd get about $2k to $2.5K more IF I can find the right buyer.....and it's extra time and besides...if you look at the numbers,
it's a LOSING proposition for me.

I work hard at keeping my used Acuras in great shape, tires don't need replacing, nor brake shoes, etc. My dealer always makes my trades CPO's....and they sell very fast. LIke, before they even get to check them in, my
last 2 trades were bought from the front parking lot where I pulled in to conduct my business. It's waxed, super clean in and out.....they look at me and say.."we don't even have to touch this thing." Well, they do have to
follow Acura's CPO program...change oil, filters, inspect "things"...make sure everything works as it should etc.
Not in California , buyer has to pay tax on used and new car .. So i am not losing any money . I am the buyer , the seller will have to pay their own tax when he registered with California DMV . Every state is different !!!.
I still say trading with a dealer is a losing proposition PERIOD
Old 06-09-2018, 08:33 AM
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Not in California , buyer has to pay tax on used and new car .. So i am not losing any money . I am the buyer , the seller will have to pay their own tax when he registered with California DMV . Every state is different !!!.
I still say trading with a dealer is a losing proposition PERIOD
Gotta look at the total cost per state. In IL it’s nearly always better to trade in because the tax applied to the new vehicle purchase is calculated after the trade in value is subtracted.

Yes, dealers will try to pull crap on the value, you just have the watch them and know your cars value private party - tax.
Old 06-09-2018, 09:44 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by Joe Liu

Gotta look at the total cost per state. In IL it’s nearly always better to trade in because the tax applied to the new vehicle purchase is calculated after the trade in value is subtracted.

Yes, dealers will try to pull crap on the value, you just have the watch them and know your cars value private party - tax.
Well , let's do the math . Even if your state give you a break .
A dealer will never pay above Kelly Blue Book lowest "Dealer Price" . I just sold my 2002 Lexus SC 430 to a private party at $10K above KBB higher " Private Party Price" . Even if you applied the State Tax break , I will lose substantially doing trade in with a dealer VS selling a car myself .. .
Dealers will always buy your car at lower than KBB lowest price . They have to pay for their building,, employees, cost of doing business , etc . KBB will penalize the value of your car more on year manufactured than on the mileage or condition of your car
Old 06-09-2018, 09:54 AM
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A dealer will never pay above Kelly Blue Book lowest "Dealer cost”.
Maybe true on a 16yr old car, but not typically accurate.
Old 06-09-2018, 10:02 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by Joe Liu

Maybe true on a 16yr old car, but not typically accurate.
LOL, I bet I can make more money if my Lexus is newer than 2002
Old 06-09-2018, 11:00 PM
Racer

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
Got my 2019 RDX sh-awd advance package today.
they removed physical remote start. No light in center console and glove box. Brake is just like toyota now. You have to push hard and still feel car moving. A step down from previous generation.

but overall it’s still good enough to make me bring home one.
by the way, my DLR Strip on driver side doesn’t light up. Need to bring it back for a check in a few days. Don’t know why I didn’t notice this earlier. Sigh! First year model change issue. So just bring this to your attention. Check carefully during delivery/test drive.
Old 06-09-2018, 11:22 PM
Team Owner

Received 4,416 Likes on 3,322 Posts
DRLs generally don't turn on until you put the car into drive/reverse. So if you started the car and then got out and looked at the front, the DRLs would still be off. It's not until you put the car into drive or reverse, would they turn on.
Old 06-10-2018, 05:59 AM
Racer

Originally Posted by TacoBello
DRLs generally don't turn on until you put the car into drive/reverse. So if you started the car and then got out and looked at the front, the DRLs would still be off. It's not until you put the car into drive or reverse, would they turn on.
well, the other side light up, driver side does not, it’s not that both are off.
anyway, the engine is on and in P
Old 06-10-2018, 10:29 AM
Racer

Received 166 Likes on 107 Posts
Advance in Majestic Black Pearl. It already had all of the accessories I wanted on it, so I jumped

The following 4 users liked this post by Meto:
acuranj18 (06-15-2018), Curious3GTL (06-12-2018), Notte (06-10-2018), Outfitter (06-10-2018)
Old 06-10-2018, 10:54 AM
Intermediate

Received 17 Likes on 9 Posts
Canyon Metallic Bronze with Parchment

Got a Tech pack from Jeffrey Acura Michigan with a great deal ($2000+) as a returning customer. Has traded in my 17 RDX. Performance and design in details exceeds my expectation. Acceleration is way fast than 2nd Gen. if you put in Spot+ and S mode, you can feel it flys.

Things need to improve or could have been nicer so far:
1. Cannot change theme color, background theme and font size on infotainment screen.
2. True pad for CarPlay doesn’t work the same way it does on other functions.
3. According to new design, climate control buttons even parking button are little difficult to reach. I admit my driving position is farther from steering wheel than many people. But didn’t have problem with 2nd Gen.
4. It could have been much cooler if lighting on D/S button changes to red when you switch to S mode. It stays green color.
5. Idle stop always on as a default setting when you ignite the engine. This function is great but not necessary all the time. There are a lot of suitiations that auto idle stop will not activate.
6. So far so great I will keep updating the things it needs to be improved
7. Hope you guys enjoy the photo of the big-fat front pantagon grill.
The following 4 users liked this post by joe424242:
acuraada (06-26-2018), acuranj18 (06-15-2018), Curious3GTL (06-12-2018), Notte (06-10-2018)
Old 06-10-2018, 11:50 AM
DWG
Instructor

Received 37 Likes on 22 Posts
Originally Posted by guytdt
they removed physical remote start.
Can I ask what you mean by "they removed physical remote start"? I see remote start from from the key fob in the manual, and Acura's website says remote start comes with the advance package, but I have read on this forum that remote start is not standard on the advance. Someone mentioned paying $400 for the key fobs with remote start. I am struggling with this concept given that our Civic and CR-V both came with remote start. I like the idea of remote start on the fob as with our other cars, as opposed to having to open an app on my phone. Also, I would obviously prefer not to pay for the app on a subscription basis.

Also, what do you think of the idle stop feature? I have read that if you want it off you have to turn it off with each restart of the engine, but I also have read that it does not stop the engine much anyway.

Thank you.
Old 06-10-2018, 02:04 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by DWG
Can I ask what you mean by "they removed physical remote start"? I see remote start from from the key fob in the manual, and Acura's website says remote start comes with the advance package, but I have read on this forum that remote start is not standard on the advance. Someone mentioned paying $400 for the key fobs with remote start. I am struggling with this concept given that our Civic and CR-V both came with remote start. I like the idea of remote start on the fob as with our other cars, as opposed to having to open an app on my phone. Also, I would obviously prefer not to pay for the app on a subscription basis.

Also, what do you think of the idle stop feature? I have read that if you want it off you have to turn it off with each restart of the engine, but I also have read that it does not stop the engine much anyway.

Thank you.
I saw that in manual too, but there is no engine button on keyfob and you have to use app to remotely start the car.
idle start/stop is annoy. It is not smooth operation and yes you have to turn it off at each engine start.
Old 06-10-2018, 02:34 PM
Intermediate

Received 26 Likes on 6 Posts

I saw that in manual too, but there is no engine button on keyfob and you have to use app to remotely start the car.
idle start/stop is annoy. It is not smooth operation and yes you have to turn it off at each engine start.
I looked at three different Advance colors, and none had remote on the FOB, but the dealer offered $399 for it. You do get remote start via mobile app and AcuraLink, but you have pay a subscription after six months. The idle turn off comes back on after every start. You can turn it off via blind physical button to the lower right of the steering wheel. You can also not press the brake completely down to not engage it; which doesn't seem safe, or move the wheel slightly back and forth and the engine will come back on after stopping.
The following users liked this post:
DWG (06-10-2018)
Old 06-12-2018, 01:23 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 869 Likes on 413 Posts
Smile

Originally Posted by joe424242

Got a Tech pack from Jeffrey Acura Michigan with a great deal ($2000+) as a returning customer. Has traded in my 17 RDX. Performance and design in details exceeds my expectation. Acceleration is way fast than 2nd Gen. if you put in Spot+ and S mode, you can feel it flys.

Things need to improve or could have been nicer so far:
1. Cannot change theme color, background theme and font size on infotainment screen.
2. True pad for CarPlay doesn’t work the same way it does on other functions.
3. According to new design, climate control buttons even parking button are little difficult to reach. I admit my driving position is farther from steering wheel than many people. But didn’t have problem with 2nd Gen.
4. It could have been much cooler if lighting on D/S button changes to red when you switch to S mode. It stays green color.
5. Idle stop always on as a default setting when you ignite the engine. This function is great but not necessary all the time. There are a lot of suitiations that auto idle stop will not activate.
6. So far so great I will keep updating the things it needs to be improved
7. Hope you guys enjoy the photo of the big-fat front pantagon grill.
It's been said many times, but an Idle Stop feature must be on as default to consider it 's impact on the fuel economy rating. People seem to think Acura had a choice....As far as screen background changes, that's a feature of my "outdated" 2 screen system. Pretty typical for an on dash tablet like screen not to have different background colours. I love the colour of your new ride and look forward to hearing what you like about the car.
Old 06-12-2018, 09:29 PM
Intermediate

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Of all the RDX's i've seen so far listed, the gun metal exterior with black leather is my favorite. Conservative but badass at same time

Keep posting!
MikeGrasso (06-18-2018)
Old 06-12-2018, 10:12 PM
Instructor

Wow thats pretty great deal! Mind letting me know which one you went to? Prime, Acura of Boston, Herb Con?
Old 06-13-2018, 03:49 AM
Summer is Coming

Received 647 Likes on 373 Posts
they removed physical remote start. No light in center console and glove box. Brake is just like toyota now. You have to push hard and still feel car moving. A step down from previous generation.

but overall it’s still good enough to make me bring home one.
by the way, my DLR Strip on driver side doesn’t light up. Need to bring it back for a check in a few days. Don’t know why I didn’t notice this earlier. Sigh! First year model change issue. So just bring this to your attention. Check carefully during delivery/test drive.
This is the 2nd person who has mentioned poor brakes. I wonder if the pads just need to be bedded to the rotors? I get this same feel with new pads that are not yet bedded. A few bedding passes seems to bring them up to snuff. Althouhg I over did this once and scorched the pads and had to replace brand new pads. So don't over do it.
Old 06-13-2018, 07:50 AM
Advanced

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Rocket_man
This is the 2nd person who has mentioned poor brakes. I wonder if the pads just need to be bedded to the rotors? I get this same feel with new pads that are not yet bedded. A few bedding passes seems to bring them up to snuff. Althouhg I over did this once and scorched the pads and had to replace brand new pads. So don't over do it.
I did not have any issues with the brakes during my test drive but my wife was complaining that they were too strong. I think she is too used to the minivan that takes a little more time to stop....
Old 06-13-2018, 10:54 AM
Pro

Received 219 Likes on 134 Posts
No light in center console and glove box.
Also disappointed to see missing light in console storage as my TLX has it.
There is, however a light in the glove box. As in most Acuras, it only lights up when the headlights are on.
fryrice (06-14-2018)
Old 06-14-2018, 09:49 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by catbert430
Also disappointed to see missing light in console storage as my TLX has it.
There is, however a light in the glove box. As in most Acuras, it only lights up when the headlights are on.
Wow that's disappointing, heck even my 2012 TL has a light in the console bin. I need to check out the RDX at night time. Does it have the LED interior light piping all around the cabin similar to the TLX?
Old 06-14-2018, 07:12 PM
Cruisin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Give price $46,790 any discounts $1,000 Acura Loyalty plus $1,000 discount
Which trim/packages-AWD Advance Majestic Black Pearl/Black interior--no accessory discounts
Location Connecticut

Any other info include pics if possible-vehicle in transit, due any day.
fryrice (06-15-2018)
Old 06-15-2018, 12:01 AM
Registered TL Owner

Received 95 Likes on 62 Posts
I test drove a 2019 A-Spec RDX and 2019 A-Spec TLX today. The first thing I noticed about the RDX was that the brakes seem like you really do need to apply more pressure otherwise it keeps going. The person that compared them to Toyota brakes was spot on. I adjusted to them though and wasn’t bothered by them by the 2nd half of the test drive. It was just surprising when I first applied the brakes because I’m not used to Honda/Acura brakes feeling that way.. They’re not as bad as my 15 TLX, but not as good as the 19 TLX
Old 06-15-2018, 03:05 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 262 Likes on 160 Posts
Originally Posted by pnoi521
I test drove a 2019 A-Spec RDX and 2019 A-Spec TLX today. The first thing I noticed about the RDX was that the brakes seem like you really do need to apply more pressure otherwise it keeps going. The person that compared them to Toyota brakes was spot on. I adjusted to them though and wasn’t bothered by them by the 2nd half of the test drive. It was just surprising when I first applied the brakes because I’m not used to Honda/Acura brakes feeling that way.. They’re not as bad as my 15 TLX, but not as good as the 19 TLX
Same for me. Just got back from driving an A-Spec RDX and noticed the brakes right away. My wife has a 4Runner that is massively underpowered for brakes IMO....she is used to it but I really notice it when I drive her truck. The RDX wasn't horrible....it was just noticeable.
Old 06-15-2018, 09:58 PM
Instructor

Received 35 Likes on 23 Posts
Originally Posted by quantum7
Same for me. Just got back from driving an A-Spec RDX and noticed the brakes right away. My wife has a 4Runner that is massively underpowered for brakes IMO....she is used to it but I really notice it when I drive her truck. The RDX wasn't horrible....it was just noticeable.
I test drove the A-SPEC and though there was something wrong with the brakes, I kept pushing and they were very hard and didn't bite at all. Was not happy.

I have a 2012 TL and a 2013 RDX
Old 06-16-2018, 06:32 PM
Instructor

Just got lease numbers for the new RDX AWD Tech pkg.

MSRP: $43,495
Selling Price: $43,000
MF: .0028
DMV fees: $135
Doc fees: $595
Down payment including trade: $6000
Rebates: $1000 Acura loyalty
Tax: 6.25% MA
Term: 36 months 12,000 miles

Monthly payment: $537

Do you guys think this a good deal? First time doing a lease and I feel like I’m getting ripped off. Dropping about $7k and I’m still paying about $500+
Old 06-16-2018, 11:04 PM
Pro

Received 123 Likes on 77 Posts
Originally Posted by fryrice
Just got lease numbers for the new RDX AWD Tech pkg.

MSRP: $43,495
Selling Price: $43,000
MF: .0028
DMV fees: $135
Doc fees: $595
Down payment including trade: $6000
Rebates: $1000 Acura loyalty
Tax: 6.25% MA
Term: 36 months 12,000 miles

Monthly payment: $537

Do you guys think this a good deal? First time doing a lease and I feel like I’m getting ripped off. Dropping about $7k and I’m still paying about $500+
doesnt seem right. Acura has a lease
special on their own site for $409 with $2999 due at signing.
Old 06-16-2018, 11:06 PM
Pro

Received 123 Likes on 77 Posts

Quick Reply: Did you buy new RDX? List it here