Current RDX owners/lessees only -- what vehicle did your RDX replace? - Page 2 - AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community

Go Back  AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community > AcuraZine RDX Community > Third Generation RDX (2019+)
Reload this Page >

Current RDX owners/lessees only -- what vehicle did your RDX replace?

Notices

Current RDX owners/lessees only -- what vehicle did your RDX replace?

 
Old 11-06-2018, 12:41 AM
  #41  
Registered TL Owner
 
pnoi521's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: California
Posts: 1,453
Thanked 75 Times in 50 Posts
2015 TLX Advance
pnoi521 is offline  
Old 11-06-2018, 03:27 PM
  #42  
Registered Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Age: 19
Posts: 6
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Replaced a much beloved 1999 Honda Civic LX I bought in 1998 "New" from dealer. On delivery the car had a dent in the paint work and 56 miles on the clock. Sadly had to donate it to NPR radio after I took it to my usual Honda dealer and even he said you need a new car. To fix everything it would be a $US 4,700 bill. Drove if for another 5 months with a noisy exhaust "B-Pipe". Finally the rear shock broke and that was it. Was teaching my daughter to drive in it, the very same car I used to pick her up as a baby from the hospital. Sad to see the car go in many ways ..... lots of memories.
hobbes88 is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to hobbes88 For This Useful Post:
zroger73 (11-06-2018)
Old 11-08-2018, 03:55 PM
  #43  
Registered Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 113
Thanked 28 Times in 16 Posts
2012 RDX FWD Tech.
robuckj is offline  
Old 11-08-2018, 06:02 PM
  #44  
Registered Member
 
B25Nut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: CA Central Coast
Age: 68
Posts: 82
Thanked 21 Times in 12 Posts
2013 Ford Fusion Hybrid, although the RDX really replaces my wife's 2006 Lexus RX330, which I am now driving.


No, we don't live here. We were just visiting Cambria.


B25Nut is offline  
Old 11-10-2018, 02:43 PM
  #45  
Red 2019 RDX ASPEC
 
MCBfly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: CA Bay Area, Peninsula
Age: 46
Posts: 98
Thanked 3 Times in 1 Post
2005 Acura TL to 2019 RDX Aspec



MCBfly is offline  
Old 11-16-2018, 02:48 AM
  #46  
New Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Age: 68
Posts: 2
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
2015 Porsche Cayenne S.
BubblePuppy7 is offline  
Old 11-16-2018, 09:47 PM
  #47  
Registered Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Location: Carmel, California
Posts: 41
Thanked 4 Times in 3 Posts
Originally Posted by BubblePuppy7 View Post
2015 Porsche Cayenne S.
Great! Is 3G RDX getting on par with Macan-Cayenne vehicles? I am curious about your impressions by switching to RDX. How does it feel?
mechonit is offline  
Old 11-20-2018, 09:35 PM
  #48  
Registered Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 16
Thanked 3 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by ShouldIBuyNew View Post
Birdonamission - Are you happy with the 2019? Anything you liked better on the 2017? If I go for the 2019 I will be trading in a 2016 rdx. Don’t know if I can get by liking my current navigation better - being able to change scale and look at 3 routes while driving and screen kind of under a hood instead of sticking up on dash. And not sure I like it being longer. Thinking of even going smaller with upcoming Audi Q3. And by the way, I would also be trading in a blue/grey for another blue/grey. No sense changing color when I love the color I have, right? What to do, what to do! I see that the one I want is “in transit” so I need to make decision soon.
Dont do it. I traded my rdx17 with navigation. I want it back. This one (19) sucks.
ed_k is offline  
Old 11-20-2018, 10:12 PM
  #49  
Registered Member
 
birdonamission's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Maryland
Posts: 552
Thanked 138 Times in 81 Posts
Originally Posted by ed_k View Post
Dont do it. I traded my rdx17 with navigation. I want it back. This one (19) sucks.
My 2019 is way better than my 2017. Absolutely love it. Very, very happy. Peppy, fun to drive and looks amazing any way you freaking look at it.

I have a choice of Acura, Apple Maps, Google Maps, and Waze for navigation. LOVE the hands-free tailgate and all that storage beneath the cargo floor. 16-way seats. Auto high beams. Heated rear seats. Ginormous panoramic moonroof that goes for days. Heated steering wheels. ELS stereo, with how many speakers?

Are you, like, kidding me?!
birdonamission is offline  
Old 11-21-2018, 08:52 AM
  #50  
New Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Age: 68
Posts: 2
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by mechonit View Post

Great! Is 3G RDX getting on par with Macan-Cayenne vehicles? I am curious about your impressions by switching to RDX. How does it feel?
Sorry guys, I’ve been working 7-12’s for the past few weeks and all I’ve had time for is eat, sleep, and work. That’s over with, so I’ll give you the facts first.

Horsepower:​RDX – 272​ Cayenne S – 420

Torque:​RDX – 280​ Cayenne S – 406

0-60:​RDX – 5.7​ Cayenne S – 5.1

Top Speed:​RDX – 125​ Cayenne S – 161

Towing: ​RDX – 1500​ Cayenne S -7716

Engine:​RDX – Turbo I-4​ Cayenne S – Twin turbo V-6

The Cayenne is rock solid and handles like a sports car, even though it’s marketed as a SUV. It’s as capable an off-road vehicle as it is on-road, more so if the vehicle is equipped with the air suspension system (mine was). Top speed is 161 mph, although I was limited to 150 mph because I ran A/S tires.

So why did I get rid of this jewel of a machine? A number of reasons, actually. The Cayenne was a “rebound car” for me. I had just sold my Corvette (because gravity) and was still grieving. I finally pestered talked my wife into letting me trade her Lexus RX-350 for something that would satisfy her need for a SUV, and my need for a sports car. The Cayenne was that perfect blend of the two. And it was an awful lot of fun for the three years we had it.

The problem is Porsche’s marketing strategy. They were big on performance but not so much so on luxury items. I suppose that should have been apparent. They didn’t offer options packages as much as offering ala carte options. And those options were big-time money. My car had almost $20,000 in options but lacked “essential” luxury items like push button start and voice recognition. It’ almost like they didn’t want to sully the purity of the Porsche name.

And that’s what did it for me. I’ve probably grown up (I’m 68) and the boy racer is gone. I find that creature comforts have taken precedence over performance. That’s why I didn’t even consider the Macan as a replacement. I also wanted to “downsize” to a smaller vehicle. I did a lot of research and the results led me to my local Acura dealer. And the rest, they say, is history.

I really like the RDX. It drives nice, is roomy, and gets much better gas mileage than the Cayenne. The engineering and technology is exceptional, as I would expect from Acura. I don’t regret the switch at all.

BubblePuppy7 is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to BubblePuppy7 For This Useful Post:
OK-RDX (12-15-2018)
Old 11-21-2018, 08:32 PM
  #51  
Registered Member
 
birdonamission's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Maryland
Posts: 552
Thanked 138 Times in 81 Posts
Originally Posted by BubblePuppy7 View Post


Sorry guys, I’ve been working 7-12’s for the past few weeks and all I’ve had time for is eat, sleep, and work. That’s over with, so I’ll give you the facts first.

Horsepower:​RDX – 272​ Cayenne S – 420

Torque:​RDX – 280​ Cayenne S – 406

0-60:​RDX – 5.7​ Cayenne S – 5.1

Top Speed:​RDX – 125​ Cayenne S – 161

Towing: ​RDX – 1500​ Cayenne S -7716

Engine:​RDX – Turbo I-4​ Cayenne S – Twin turbo V-6

The Cayenne is rock solid and handles like a sports car, even though it’s marketed as a SUV. It’s as capable an off-road vehicle as it is on-road, more so if the vehicle is equipped with the air suspension system (mine was). Top speed is 161 mph, although I was limited to 150 mph because I ran A/S tires.

So why did I get rid of this jewel of a machine? A number of reasons, actually. The Cayenne was a “rebound car” for me. I had just sold my Corvette (because gravity) and was still grieving. I finally pestered talked my wife into letting me trade her Lexus RX-350 for something that would satisfy her need for a SUV, and my need for a sports car. The Cayenne was that perfect blend of the two. And it was an awful lot of fun for the three years we had it.

The problem is Porsche’s marketing strategy. They were big on performance but not so much so on luxury items. I suppose that should have been apparent. They didn’t offer options packages as much as offering ala carte options. And those options were big-time money. My car had almost $20,000 in options but lacked “essential” luxury items like push button start and voice recognition. It’ almost like they didn’t want to sully the purity of the Porsche name.

And that’s what did it for me. I’ve probably grown up (I’m 68) and the boy racer is gone. I find that creature comforts have taken precedence over performance. That’s why I didn’t even consider the Macan as a replacement. I also wanted to “downsize” to a smaller vehicle. I did a lot of research and the results led me to my local Acura dealer. And the rest, they say, is history.

I really like the RDX. It drives nice, is roomy, and gets much better gas mileage than the Cayenne. The engineering and technology is exceptional, as I would expect from Acura. I don’t regret the switch at all.

Impressive to read this, re: your positive opinion about the RDX (coming from a Porshe Cayenne). The Cayenne sounds like a really amazing car -- thanks for sharing what the car was like. Always wondered, as I've seen it on the roads around my area a number of times.
birdonamission is offline  
Old 12-11-2018, 06:07 AM
  #52  
Registered Member
 
JAB00's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Baltimore MD
Age: 40
Posts: 1,107
Thanked 18 Times in 14 Posts
05 TL (original owner). I always was a sedan guy. However we have a one year old and a new house. So I needed something bigger to haul stuff. Also needed 4wd. Was ready to leave Acura but RDX redesign brought me back. I now have an A-Spec SH-AWD. Like it so far. Great execution by Acura.
JAB00 is offline  
Old 12-11-2018, 10:58 AM
  #53  
Registered Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Posts: 27
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
We turned our 2016 BMW X3 lease in yesterday after leasing a 2019 RDX Advance on Saturday. We like the comfort and ride of the RDX as well as the price and are starting the learning process on the new car.

I have noticed a lot more looking back and forth between the instrument cluster and the HUD. Info that was in the HUD on the X3 is now on the dash with the RDX.
Tom_D is offline  
Old 12-11-2018, 11:06 AM
  #54  
Registered Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Age: 58
Posts: 15
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Mecedes Benz E350
jon33 is offline  
Old 12-11-2018, 02:16 PM
  #55  
Registered Member
 
Leaf 68's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Posts: 19
Thanked 4 Times in 2 Posts
2015 Cadillac ATS AWD. I miss the 321hp 3.6 V6. Great car but traded it because I needed more room and towing capacity.
Leaf 68 is offline  
Old 12-11-2018, 03:24 PM
  #56  
Registered Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Age: 51
Posts: 10
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Replaced a 2015 Audi Q5 with a 2019 RDX Advance. The Audi was the best car I ever owned (out of 14 others); zero problems and fun to drive. But after a few German cars I wanted something really different with strong driving characteristics.
ryanasimov is offline  
Old 12-12-2018, 03:15 PM
  #57  
Registered Member
 
irishbrahmin's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 62
Thanked 14 Times in 11 Posts
2010 Lexus Lexus LX570

irishbrahmin is offline  
Old 12-15-2018, 08:42 AM
  #58  
Registered Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 21
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
2015 TLX Tech - Traded for 2019 RDX A-Spec, couldn't wait to trade the TLX off, after owning several Acura's prior to the TLX the TLX was a major disappointment (couldn't tell by test driving it, admittingly I did not take it on much of a test drive, it was an Acura after all). TLX throttle and transmission response was awful and the brakes were not much better, absolutely no initial braking or brake feel upon light braking. Anyway, had to hold on to the TLX long enough to get out of it with a trade. After having owned the RDX for about four months now I am ecstatic with the RDX. I still like to drive a vehicle with a bit of sportiness and the RDX is a perfect blend of luxury and sportiness for me, plus it's just easy to drive. It's not perfect or without niggles but I have yet to find a vehicle that is.

Last edited by OK-RDX; 12-15-2018 at 08:45 AM.
OK-RDX is offline  
Old 12-15-2018, 09:25 AM
  #59  
Registered Member
 
kboo74656's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Location: Hampton Roads Area, VA
Age: 44
Posts: 108
Thanked 16 Times in 11 Posts
Traded my 2017.5 Nissan Murano SL for a 2019 RDX A-Spec Performance Pearl Red. My Murano's Moonroof exploded while driving to work on OCT 25, 2018. Couldn't live with the risk of it happening again.
kboo74656 is offline  
Old 12-15-2018, 10:00 AM
  #60  
Registered Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Location: MD
Age: 46
Posts: 149
Thanked 13 Times in 11 Posts
Originally Posted by kboo74656 View Post
Traded my 2017.5 Nissan Murano SL for a 2019 RDX A-Spec Performance Pearl Red. My Murano's Moonroof exploded while driving to work on OCT 25, 2018. Couldn't live with the risk of it happening again.
I believe thats a risk with all vehicles with panoramic sun roofs...happened to my in-laws Venza....
flames9 is online now  
Old 12-15-2018, 11:24 AM
  #61  
Registered Member
 
kboo74656's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Location: Hampton Roads Area, VA
Age: 44
Posts: 108
Thanked 16 Times in 11 Posts
Nissan now has a class action lawsuit with 185 reported cases happening since 2008 and mine makes 186. They are pushing off responsibility and refuse to acknowledge the situation. One owner in my area had hers explode 2 times in 3 months. With my daughter riding in the rear, the risk is too much and my wife won't drive when she gets her license. Nissan makes the glass thinner for gas milage, a coating that's applied weakens the glass, and the fit in the frame is too tight which is causing the glass to explode from my research.

kboo74656 is offline  
Old 12-15-2018, 03:32 PM
  #62  
Registered Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Posts: 17
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
2010 Toyota Corolla LE

Needless to say, my RDX Advanced is a bit of an upgrade.
Logan510 is offline  
Old 12-15-2018, 04:50 PM
  #63  
WTF?
 
Midnight Mystery's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Mississippi Coast
Age: 22
Posts: 4,148
Thanks: 0
Thanked 220 Times in 197 Posts
Originally Posted by birdonamission View Post
2017 Acura RDX Advance AWD in Fathom Blue Pearl. Owned it for barely over 2 years and right at 25,000 miles (and some change).

I paid it off in full and could’ve driven it a few years, but just couldn’t stop thinking about the 2019 - how amazing it looks and the mind-blowing upgrades!

I got $29,000 trade-in for it, though, so with the money I saved to add to that, it was a painless and easy decision to make. Blessed...
You made out well on your trade!
Midnight Mystery is offline  
Old 12-17-2018, 03:20 PM
  #64  
Registered Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Age: 28
Posts: 21
Thanked 11 Times in 6 Posts
2011 Kia Forte Coupe. HUGE upgrade
_korangar is offline  
Old 12-28-2018, 12:08 PM
  #65  
Registered Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Sacramento, CA
Age: 35
Posts: 52
Thanks: 0
Thanked 8 Times in 7 Posts
Wife's daily driver. Replaced her 2014 Honda Accord Sport with a 2019 AWD A-Spec.
jesser916 is offline  
Old 12-29-2018, 08:32 AM
  #66  
Registered Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Posts: 17
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
2016 Lexus RX 350. It should have been painted yellow.
Ellydogns is offline  
Old 12-29-2018, 11:03 AM
  #67  
Registered Member
 
beancount1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: Western MA
Age: 68
Posts: 44
Thanked 11 Times in 7 Posts
2016 RDX w/tech package. Verdict is still out of whether it was a good move. 2019 handles much better, but the 2019 electronics are finicky. Without going into detail the nav is the worst I've seen, and certain electronics don't work as designed consistently. The left apps wheel as an example. I don't like not being able to permanently shut off auto idol stop. Sorry, I'll get off my soap box now.
beancount1 is offline  
Old 12-29-2018, 11:30 AM
  #68  
Registered Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Age: 66
Posts: 7
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
2012 Honda Pilot. Went to RDX for safety features and smaller size.
drs2rt is offline  
Old 12-29-2018, 09:06 PM
  #69  
New Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Location: New Jersey
Age: 45
Posts: 9
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
wife had a 2010 Lexus LS460. wanted an mid-size SUV and test drove, XC60, GLC300. As soon as she saw the RDX she was hooked. BTW, the RDX w/ADV has many more options than both XC60 an GLC300.
the_kid_hartford is offline  
Old 12-30-2018, 04:11 PM
  #70  
Registered Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Long Beach, CA / San Jose, CA
Age: 32
Posts: 11
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by knakane View Post
2013 TSX - but previous to that was my 2004 TSX 6MT which I still miss for the amazing transmission and general feel of a Honda built in japan.
Had a 2012 TSX Special Edition 6-spd in BWP - full JDM conversion. Such an enjoyable car to drive. I still regret trading it in for the 2016 MDX Tech and more recently my RDX ASPEC.
Dcshoesboy is offline  
Old 12-31-2018, 09:51 AM
  #71  
Registered Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Location: Quebec, Canada
Posts: 14
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Trade in my Infiniti EX37 2013 for a 2019 RDX A-Spec. Car start to had some troubles and it was time to get a new one. I've read alot of reviews and finally I think I've made the best choice. It's little more of what I can afford as for total price for a car, but since I had luxury cars since couple years it's had to go back to ''normal'' car.
That new RDX is more then what I really need as for an SUV, but I think Honda is very reliable and the used value of Honda car is much more then other brand.

BiOs2k is offline  
Old 12-31-2018, 10:52 AM
  #72  
Registered Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Greenville, NC
Age: 45
Posts: 29
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
2017 Ford Mustang GT Convertible

I had a very nice Mustang GT convertible in a beautiful metallic blue with white leather seats that I traded in for my 2019 Advance in red. I miss the convertible, but not sloshing all over the road in the rain. I also have decided I prefer the height of an SUV over that of a car. I also enjoy the increased space and that I can have more than one passenger. Sport 2 mode can give me some semblance of the pickup and drive I enjoy without having to worry about sliding off the road. No regrets.
Pirate Princess is offline  
Old 12-31-2018, 10:53 AM
  #73  
Registered Member
 
spinedoc777's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Age: 48
Posts: 106
Thanked 8 Times in 8 Posts
Red face Meh

Just picked up my 2019 RDX a couple days ago, today is the first day I drove it to work. Prior lease was a 2016 Genesis. So far I'd give the RDX a big fat meh, in the back of my mind I've considered returning it while within the 3 day cooldown period but I think I'll just make the best of it. Acura positions itself as a "luxury" brand, but I feel like I'm driving a Honda in many aspects. Part of this is getting used to being in a crossover vs a sedan, being higher up and feeling more disconnected from the road and having decreased handling. So that part isn't necessarily Acura's fault, although with that said I did test drive a X3 and that handled like it was on rails, much better but also more expensive. I've played around with Sport and Sport + and don't feel the steering response is changed much, it's fairly numb and not accurate, but once again it's a crossover. Suspension is pretty bad, I can feel every little bump and hole, this is NOT a luxury ride. Engine is just ok, first 4 cylinder I've owned in, well I think ever. Even with the turbo it just doesn't have the same feel as a 6 cylinder with the same hp/torque. Don't get me wrong it has enough power, but just something about that tinny 4 cylinder engine and the CVT trans makes it feel kind of jerky and not smooth, once again gotta compare it to the X3 which makes its 4 cylinder feel really smooth. But still none of the crossovers I sampled felt like having a real 6 cylinder and I really lament the fact that no one really puts a v6 in these crossovers to my knowledge. Interior is decent but nothing special, I'm still baffled as to why they wasted the entire center console on that monstrosity just to house the track pad, so much wasted storage space. Seats are fairly comfy but very narrow. Wheel doesn't tilt all the way down. No digital speed readout and the UI is a bit quirky, but I do like the infotainment system and really dig the trackpad, although the screen seems to be really low resolution.

So my expectations were to stay in a "luxury" vehicle. I'm used to Audi and MB, but last round went with the Genesis because I wanted to save some money. Didn't regret that lease at all, the Genesis was an incredible value for the price and Hyundai seems to understand what "luxury" means. I'm hoping they release their Genesis crossover next year and I may give the RDX lease to the wife. I'm not unhappy since I got a pretty good lease deal, but definitely will be looking for options.
spinedoc777 is offline  
Old 12-31-2018, 12:52 PM
  #74  
Registered Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: Roseville, CA
Age: 48
Posts: 197
Thanked 28 Times in 25 Posts
Originally Posted by spinedoc777 View Post
Engine is just ok, first 4 cylinder I've owned in, well I think ever. Even with the turbo it just doesn't have the same feel as a 6 cylinder with the same hp/torque. Don't get me wrong it has enough power, but just something about that tinny 4 cylinder engine and the CVT trans makes it feel kind of jerky and not smooth, once again gotta compare it to the X3 which makes its 4 cylinder feel really smooth. But still none of the crossovers I sampled felt like having a real 6 cylinder and I really lament the fact that no one really puts a v6 in these crossovers to my knowledge.
The RDX has a 10-speed auto, not a CVT. There have been some complaints that it can be jerky.

If you want 6 cylinders, you could get the X3 M40i or the Jaguar F-Pace S. Both are significantly more money than the top of the line RDX Advance ($10K+).
anoop is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to anoop For This Useful Post:
spinedoc777 (01-02-2019)
Old 12-31-2018, 09:59 PM
  #75  
Registered Member
 
Madd Dog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: Hudson Valley, NY
Posts: 1,112
Thanked 255 Times in 193 Posts
I want a car with the power of a BMW turbo six, the ride of a Mercedes E class, and the looks of an Alfa. I want it for under $50K. Boy, does the RDX come up short.
Madd Dog is online now  
The Following User Says Thank You to Madd Dog For This Useful Post:
securityguy (12-31-2018)
Old 12-31-2018, 11:07 PM
  #76  
Registered Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: Saint Augustine, FL
Age: 56
Posts: 542
Thanked 95 Times in 72 Posts
Originally Posted by spinedoc777 View Post
Just picked up my 2019 RDX a couple days ago, today is the first day I drove it to work. Prior lease was a 2016 Genesis. So far I'd give the RDX a big fat meh, in the back of my mind I've considered returning it while within the 3 day cooldown period but I think I'll just make the best of it. Acura positions itself as a "luxury" brand, but I feel like I'm driving a Honda in many aspects. Part of this is getting used to being in a crossover vs a sedan, being higher up and feeling more disconnected from the road and having decreased handling. So that part isn't necessarily Acura's fault, although with that said I did test drive a X3 and that handled like it was on rails, much better but also more expensive. I've played around with Sport and Sport + and don't feel the steering response is changed much, it's fairly numb and not accurate, but once again it's a crossover. Suspension is pretty bad, I can feel every little bump and hole, this is NOT a luxury ride. Engine is just ok, first 4 cylinder I've owned in, well I think ever. Even with the turbo it just doesn't have the same feel as a 6 cylinder with the same hp/torque. Don't get me wrong it has enough power, but just something about that tinny 4 cylinder engine and the CVT trans makes it feel kind of jerky and not smooth, once again gotta compare it to the X3 which makes its 4 cylinder feel really smooth. But still none of the crossovers I sampled felt like having a real 6 cylinder and I really lament the fact that no one really puts a v6 in these crossovers to my knowledge. Interior is decent but nothing special, I'm still baffled as to why they wasted the entire center console on that monstrosity just to house the track pad, so much wasted storage space. Seats are fairly comfy but very narrow. Wheel doesn't tilt all the way down. No digital speed readout and the UI is a bit quirky, but I do like the infotainment system and really dig the trackpad, although the screen seems to be really low resolution.

So my expectations were to stay in a "luxury" vehicle. I'm used to Audi and MB, but last round went with the Genesis because I wanted to save some money. Didn't regret that lease at all, the Genesis was an incredible value for the price and Hyundai seems to understand what "luxury" means. I'm hoping they release their Genesis crossover next year and I may give the RDX lease to the wife. I'm not unhappy since I got a pretty good lease deal, but definitely will be looking for options.
WOW...you really need to spend some time and learn more about what you purchased! I think your expectations and assessments are WAY off and that this is a vehicle that someone like you should never have purchased.
securityguy is offline  
Old 12-31-2018, 11:13 PM
  #77  
WTF?
 
Midnight Mystery's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Mississippi Coast
Age: 22
Posts: 4,148
Thanks: 0
Thanked 220 Times in 197 Posts
Go and return it if you just don't like it... 2 days left....
Midnight Mystery is offline  
Old 12-31-2018, 11:21 PM
  #78  
Registered Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: Saint Augustine, FL
Age: 56
Posts: 542
Thanked 95 Times in 72 Posts
I have never heard of Acura providing a 3-day "cool down" period (or any manufacturer for that matter) unless that is a special promotion your dealership is running. spinedoc777 ...who told you that you had 3-days to "return" it if you don't like it?

I agree with Midnight Mystery , sounds like you should return it, assuming you are truly able to do so and call it a day. The RDX will NEVER meet your expectations and you made a huge mistake. It appears that only an Audi or MB will make you happy so may be time to look back in that direction.
securityguy is offline  
Old 12-31-2018, 11:51 PM
  #79  
Registered Member
 
Madd Dog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: Hudson Valley, NY
Posts: 1,112
Thanked 255 Times in 193 Posts
I am always baffled by someone who buys a car and is totally surprised at the way it drives.
Madd Dog is online now  
Old 12-31-2018, 11:55 PM
  #80  
WTF?
 
Midnight Mystery's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Mississippi Coast
Age: 22
Posts: 4,148
Thanks: 0
Thanked 220 Times in 197 Posts
Originally Posted by Madd Dog View Post
I am always baffled by someone who buys a car and is totally surprised at the way it drives.

Sometimes test drives don't tell the whole story. Been there, done that. Moral is, take a long test drive or take several test drives before signing anything!
Midnight Mystery is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Current RDX owners/lessees only -- what vehicle did your RDX replace?


Contact Us Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.