Criticisms that I didn't find were substanciated

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2019, 08:07 AM
6th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Just one of those things where some models have it worse, and where the same issue can be experienced very differently between multiple people.

The following is my thoughts on all the items:

1) The auto hi-beams works great and I love it. It just turns on and off as needed and just lights the road better without any input from me
  • I've found that they work well most of the time - but their detection range sometimes is just a bit too close. As a result, they will turn off for one car, turn back on and immediately realize that another car was right behind it and turn right back off - effectively looking like I flashed by headlights at car #2. This happens a lot and seems as though the system is very basic - not for me.
2) I don't know what all the complaints are about the backup camera. I have the advanced with the 360 camera setup. The backup camera works exactly how I need it to work, it allows me to see what's behind me day or night.
  • I have the normal backup camera and have no issues.
3) I have yet to have a bad shift with the transmission, so I don't know that that's all about
  • I have weird issues with my transmission. People complain about the shift into third - and it's definitely not smooth sometimes - but compared to other automatics I drove recently (Like the Kia Stinger) - the Acura is like butter. Then again, compared to a good transmission, the Acura is not at all like butter.
  • Beyond this, the transmission in mine just does not know how to shift when you are decelerating below 10mph and get back on the gas. Just bad.
4) Plenty of stopping and I have yet to have a problem with the feel of the brake pedal (or any brake squeal for that matter)
  • Mine took some getting used to compared to my previous cars with touch pedals, but nothing I would call an issue.
5) The infotainment system works just fine for me and that includes using Apple Car Play and it's not hard to work
  • I only use CarPlay on my infotainment and at this point it is more broken then functional. Just abysmal.
6) The ride is very nice in comfort mode, I don't know why some reviews said the car rides rough
  • Again - the ride is pretty good, but is certainly rougher than comparable luxury car soft settings.
7) The engine provides more than ample power without any sort of hesitation, I don't understand how others are having an issue
  • Ehh - for me, when in comfort and not giving it quite enough gas to force a downshift - the transmission likes to live in some low RPMs and it's not very responsive down there.
8) I am still in the break-in period but the MPG is looking to be where I expected it. I had a 3.5 L 2011 Ford Edge and I was getting 17-18 MPG in regular use. With the RDX it's looking like my MPG will be in the low 20s.
  • Rocking 18.3MPG. On a 600 mile all highway road trip, managed to hit about 24.2. This is the only car I've ever owned where real world MPG comes in lower than estimated on this exact highway trip. So.. not good.
9) I thought I had a rattle, but it turned out I didn't have the sun visors clipped in. Did that, and the car is rattle free
  • Thankfully I can also say the same.
10) Engine noise is there (even in comfort mode, although much less). It's hardly annoying and if anything it sort of adds to the "fun factor" of this vehicle
  • Again another ehh - this engine noise at times isn't that appealing to me.
Old 04-30-2019, 08:09 AM
Advanced

Received 18 Likes on 10 Posts
In general, I'm happy with the RDX.
Only issues:
  • Sunroof pop/squeak. Happens on bumps and body flex around corners. Need to get this to the dealership next week to look at.
  • ACC sometimes breaks when there is a car in the other lane. This happens mostly when the lanes curve. Minor annoyance.
Otherwise, road/wind noise is low. MPG is good (23/28). No issues with transmission (although I think 8 gears would have been better).
Old 04-30-2019, 08:47 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 147 Likes on 112 Posts
Honestly, I don't know how you guys with problems listed can tolerate them on a brand new car. (Unless you are leasing and will cycle in 36 months)

My 10 yr old MB has none of the rattles or squeaks.....

Infotainment is one thing, you can put that to being brand new and cost of innovation but mechanical or assembly issues are inexcusable. Don't get me wrong, all brands have them but the dealers should address them accordingly