A couple of question on my new Advanced

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2018, 12:44 PM
Instructor

Received 25 Likes on 14 Posts
A couple of question on my new Advanced

So far, mostly good. VERY good.

A couple of things that maybe someone can help me with:
1. My rear cross traffic alert does not seem to be active. It never alerts. Is there a way to turn this on and off that I should check to see if it was accidentally disabled?
2. My only real disappointment so far are the cooled seats. Even on the highest setting they are BARELY noticeable. Like, Im not even sure they are working because I MAYBE feel the seat a little cooler, but its almost not even detectable...is that right? Anyone have similar or different experience?

Thanks
Old 07-29-2018, 01:07 PM
Racer

Received 123 Likes on 86 Posts
Originally Posted by WPJoe
1. My rear cross traffic alert does not seem to be active. It never alerts. Is there a way to turn this on and off that I should check to see if it was accidentally disabled?
2. My only real disappointment so far are the cooled seats. Even on the highest setting they are BARELY noticeable. Like, Im not even sure they are working because I MAYBE feel the seat a little cooler, but its almost not even detectable...is that right? Anyone have similar or different experience?

Thanks
1. "Settings/Camera/Rear Camera" has an on off for the Cross Traffic Monitor. But I have noticed it is not a sensitive as I would like. My daughter has a Toyota Highlander, and I've backed it out of her driveway on a busy street many times, and it gives me an alert if a car is half a block away. On the RDX, the car is almost right behind me before I get an alert.
2. The seats aren't technically cooled, they just blow air through the seat. I find they work very well to keep my low back from sweating.
Old 07-29-2018, 02:28 PM
Instructor

Thanks.. To clarify I misspoke, I know they're not cooled

Can you actually feel the air blowing through the seat? I feel nothing at all on my hands against the seat cushion
Old 07-29-2018, 06:21 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 740 Likes on 435 Posts

Thanks
the only car I owned with vented seats that I liked was my Infiniti M37S which had cooled seats, all my other vented seats cars were weak as hell, virtually useless with jeans on and barely noticeable with dress slacks.
Old 07-29-2018, 06:39 PM
Instructor

I tested a Kia stinger and the vented seats blew nice and strong. You could totally feel them.
.I honestly can't even tell if these are running... On the strongest setting!
Old 07-29-2018, 06:41 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 1,092 Likes on 714 Posts
I can really feel the RDX seats being cooled as compared to the MKX and other Acura's I have owned. I can feel the coolness up my back as well
Old 07-30-2018, 01:37 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 869 Likes on 665 Posts
I tested a Kia stinger and the vented seats blew nice and strong. You could totally feel them.
.I honestly can't even tell if these are running... On the strongest setting!
I had a Kia Sorento and it also had ventilated seats like the stinger and your RDX and they worked amazingly well. I tend to feel way hotter than people around me for some reason and I still had to turn it down sometimes. Now I know my Kia and your RDX have virtually nothing in common, but the technology is the same and you should be feeling the cold. Its possible that the tube connecting the fan to the bottom of the seat is out of place. Have you tried the passenger seat? I would check that to see if it is the same. You can take it to the dealer to double check. Lastly you could try turning the AC on and set it to the footwell mode only and you should feel cold air.

Cooled seats have changed my life. I can barely breathe when it gets hot outside and the cooled/ventilated seats are a god send.
Old 07-30-2018, 07:39 AM
Instructor

So just to make sure before I reach out to service... When you guys have the ventilation on and you put your hand over the seat cushion, do you actually feel air blowing out?

Thanks for the replies.
Old 07-30-2018, 08:02 AM
Racer

Received 123 Likes on 86 Posts
So just to make sure before I reach out to service... When you guys have the ventilation on and you put your hand over the seat cushion, do you actually feel air blowing out?
Yes, it is very subtle, but I do feel it.
Old 07-30-2018, 08:07 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 262 Likes on 160 Posts
I noticed it immediately on my last test drive. Very nice.
Old 07-30-2018, 09:38 AM
Instructor

Received 24 Likes on 19 Posts

Thanks for the replies.
Cooled seats blow air out but most vented seats like the ones on the RDX suck air into the seats so they are not actually cooled but give you a cooling feeling because or air circulation. Put a light piece of paper near the top of the seat and you should see it get sucked toward the seat. That's what my 2018 does.
The following users liked this post:
KeithL (07-30-2018)
Old 07-30-2018, 10:23 AM
Racer

Received 29 Likes on 26 Posts
^^ This. I was going to suggest using a Kleenex to verify air movement on both seats.
Old 07-30-2018, 10:45 AM
Intermediate

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Thanks

i agree on the cooled seats, but when talking about it with my wife she says she def notices it on passenger side. Perhaps i should sit on that side and see if there is much of a difference. Drivers side i barely feel anything
Old 07-30-2018, 02:17 PM
Instructor

Received 68 Likes on 47 Posts
I notice the seats more depending on the material I'm wearing. Gym clothes, for example, I feel much more than jeans and a thicker polo
Old 07-31-2018, 01:23 AM
Drifting

Received 586 Likes on 432 Posts
Go commando and feel the breeze.
Old 07-31-2018, 07:20 AM
Instructor

Haha if only!

Kind of disappointing how weak this feature is...