Could not resist trolling the Q5 crowd over at AudiWorld

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2018, 09:48 AM
Intermediate

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
Could not resist trolling the Q5 crowd over at AudiWorld

Here goes....Caution...some will bash the RDX as if the Q5 is the best thing since sliced bread.

https://www.audiworld.com/forums/q5-...2951668/page3/
Old 07-30-2018, 10:22 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 1,092 Likes on 714 Posts
It's just as bad on any other competitor's forums... BMW and Lexus owners can be very harsh
The following users liked this post:
37tzee (08-07-2018)
Old 07-30-2018, 10:57 AM
Advanced

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Stew4HD
It's just as bad on any other competitor's forums... BMW and Lexus owners can be very harsh
Yep....pretty much all forums have their loyal followers that drink their kool-aid too much and lose all semblance of reason when presented with varying view point.
Old 07-30-2018, 10:58 AM
10th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Wink

Originally Posted by zo0mie
Here goes....Caution...some will bash the RDX as if the Q5 is the best thing since sliced bread.

https://www.audiworld.com/forums/q5-...2951668/page3/
Too bad I forgot my password to AudiWorld forum ( and do not care anymore to restore) - I was moderator there on Q5 forum and European Delivery forum
Old 07-30-2018, 11:02 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 257 Likes on 177 Posts
Nothing compared to what happens on the Subaru Outback forum if you should say anything negative - even it you back it up with unassailable facts.
Old 07-30-2018, 11:21 AM
Advanced

Talking

Originally Posted by MI-RDX
Nothing compared to what happens on the Subaru Outback forum if you should say anything negative - even it you back it up with unassailable facts.
I second this...Subaru loyalists are a different breed
Old 07-30-2018, 11:47 AM
10th Gear

Originally Posted by knhellesky
I second this...Subaru loyalists are a different breed
xa-xa-xa! Try Bimmerfest!!!!
Old 07-30-2018, 01:13 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by Gary From LA
xa-xa-xa! Try Bimmerfest!!!!
LOL....I'm pretty sure all those boards are saying the same thing about the Acura owners
Old 07-30-2018, 01:30 PM
AZ Community Team

Received 1,582 Likes on 952 Posts
First of all comparing the SQ5 to RDX is a complete fail on their part. Second, of course it's an Audi forum, these guys dropped thousands of dollar more than most of us here. They have to justify that extra $$$$!

I am not saying that Q5 is a bad car, I believe it's an awesome car and it has the German stamp, so most of the non car guys will assume it's built better, it drive faster, materials are better and even when it rusts, it looks better

if you do your research and compare apples to apples, RDX is a better value and will last you longer than an Audi Q5.
Old 07-30-2018, 01:52 PM
Intermediate

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Tony Pac
First of all comparing the SQ5 to RDX is a complete fail on their part. Second, of course it's an Audi forum, these guys dropped thousands of dollar more than most of us here. They have to justify that extra $$$$!

I am not saying that Q5 is a bad car, I believe it's an awesome car and it has the German stamp, so most of the non car guys will assume it's built better, it drive faster, materials are better and even when it rusts, it looks better

if you do your research and compare apples to apples, RDX is a better value and will last you longer than an Audi Q5.
I just thought I'd have a little fun with them. I'm not a newbie over there and having had a Q5 and current S5, they won't beat me down too bad. lol.
The Q is a very nice car to keep while leased or under warranty. Otherwise, if you're looking for a long term ownership of say 7 to 10 years, its not the car for most folks. Just to re-set my maintenance reminder in the Q and S5, I need a VAG-COM cable and software or an App called OBD-11. Or as they prefer, take it to the dealership.
I do most of my current maintenance on my S5, but being out of warranty is not a good place to be in an Audi, but nothing out there, including the B9 S5 Sportback or anything BMW has me wanting to rid of the S5, for now.
Old 07-30-2018, 01:53 PM
10th Gear

We was thinking to get Q5 with European Delivery. We done ED with BMW and it was best trip ever.
there was some issue there and there and we postpone our plans until Audi announce that Q5 will be assembled in Mexico. At this point this car is not interested to me, same as mexico made 2019 BMW 3 (G20).
Old 07-30-2018, 06:17 PM
Drifting

Received 1,024 Likes on 714 Posts
We was thinking to get Q5 with European Delivery. We done ED with BMW and it was best trip ever.
there was some issue there and there and we postpone our plans until Audi announce that Q5 will be assembled in Mexico. At this point this car is not interested to me, same as mexico made 2019 BMW 3 (G20).
Doing ED with our BWM was a bucket list trip. Going 130 on the autobahn was a mind blowing experience. The best strudel I ever had was at a rest stop off an Austrian highway. The Austrian lady made it at home, and brought it to the rest stop for sale. Rest stops in Europe are far superior to those in the US.

Doing Mexican Delivery of an Audi? Not so much.
Old 07-30-2018, 08:17 PM
10th Gear

Originally Posted by Madd Dog

Doing ED with our BWM was a bucket list trip. Going 130 on the autobahn was a mind blowing experience. The best strudel I ever had was at a rest stop off an Austrian highway. The Austrian lady made it at home, and brought it to the rest stop for sale. Rest stops in Europe are far superior to those in the US.

Doing Mexican Delivery of an Audi? Not so much.
Ha! We was driving from Munich to Zürich on autobahn. I was so all exiting on doing 130 MPH and then I get pass by Audi A8 - he mast be going 250 mph. I feel that I was not moving compare to that car. And culture of driving in Germany!!! Little shock when we was driving to Milan and all this itlaian drivers change lines... and inside Milan - another story - first scratch on front bumper grrrrrrr
Old 07-30-2018, 08:18 PM
10th Gear

Old 07-30-2018, 08:30 PM
Drifting

Received 1,024 Likes on 714 Posts
Ha! We was driving from Munich to Zürich on autobahn. I was so all exiting on doing 130 MPH and then I get pass by Audi A8 - he mast be going 250 mph. I feel that I was not moving compare to that car. And culture of driving in Germany!!! Little shock when we was driving to Milan and all this itlaian drivers change lines... and inside Milan - another story - first scratch on front bumper grrrrrrr
I was blown away by doing 100+ on the autobahn, then having an SL fly past me doing at least 50mph faster. You really needed to up your situational awareness there. But the roads were well banked, had great sight lines, and the pavement was in great shape.

Auto enthusiasts should drive the unlimited sections of the autobahn while they can.
Old 07-31-2018, 10:22 AM
Advanced

Received 45 Likes on 24 Posts
he mast be going 250 mph.
I highly doubt that.
Old 07-31-2018, 10:32 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 147 Likes on 112 Posts
Why make fun of other forums?

I get scruntized here by pointing out issues with the RDX. People take criticisms personally especially when they made a huge purchase decision. No one wants to hear about flaws of their $50k plus purchase.

not so hard to understand and we do it here all perfectly.
The following 2 users liked this post by acuraada:
37tzee (08-07-2018), TacoBello (07-31-2018)
Old 07-31-2018, 04:24 PM
10th Gear

Originally Posted by acuraada

I get scruntized here by pointing out issues with the RDX. People take criticisms personally especially when they made a huge purchase decision. No one wants to hear about flaws of their $50k plus purchase.

this is wrong in my personal opinion. That why we join forum like this to learn more good and bad parts of the product. I do not trust Consumer Report opinion. i prefer hear from real owners.
Old 07-31-2018, 06:32 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 875 Likes on 669 Posts

I don't think this thread was made to bash the other forum. Just to kind of get an opposite perspective. But I am also not surprised, every forum has brand loyalists who think their large dollar purchase is the best thing on earth.

Having driven the Q5 S-line for a week, I can honestly say it was the best driving crossover I have ever driven, however honestly I think brand has a lot to do with its' perception. Like yeah the virtual dash is cool and yeah it drove amazing, but it was nothing so crazy that I felt it stood above the competition. I have not had a chance to try the new RDX yet, hopefully soon though to compare.
Old 08-01-2018, 12:30 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by RDX10
I don't think this thread was made to bash the other forum. Just to kind of get an opposite perspective. But I am also not surprised, every forum has brand loyalists who think their large dollar purchase is the best thing on earth.

Having driven the Q5 S-line for a week, I can honestly say it was the best driving crossover I have ever driven, however honestly I think brand has a lot to do with its' perception. Like yeah the virtual dash is cool and yeah it drove amazing, but it was nothing so crazy that I felt it stood above the competition. I have not had a chance to try the new RDX yet, hopefully soon though to compare.
100% agree that the branding influences your perceptions of the vehicles. Acura remains to me, a value luxury brand (i'm coming off a Mercedes and a BMW before that)

Especially the RDX, it's never really a winner in each categories but good enough in every. Paired that with value pricing, it's a winner. Some will gladly pay extra Ks to get the German brands for same or less feature sets, that's totally their prerogative. What gets me is when folks started to blindly dismiss faults/issues as if it's their own child, like "my kid is the best" syndrome, or fanboys.
Old 08-01-2018, 01:24 PM
Racer

Received 53 Likes on 43 Posts
Originally Posted by MI-RDX
​​​​​​
I could not believe all the grief being given to posters who mentioned anything negative about Subarus. Never seen such attacks on Acura, Honda, Lexus, Toyota, etc. boards.
Old 08-01-2018, 01:46 PM
Team Owner

Received 4,416 Likes on 3,322 Posts
Meh, just a bunch of young, white frame Oakley wearing "men" who are obsessed with their turbo toy. Subaru paint quality is by far the shittiest paint I've ever seen on a car. Their interiors are spartan/boring as fuck, due to every vehicle coming equipped with AWD (gotta cut costs somewhere to stay competitive)... they're not even all that reliable, with regular head gasket issues being common place, amongst other shit.

I think they're a cool and unique brand and I give them props to sticking to what makes a Subaru, a Subaru... but they're far from perfect. But... fanboyism at its finest, those guys get real upset when you tell them their $3300 2006 Forester XT isn't the bestest car ever made on the planet.
Old 08-07-2018, 03:16 AM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by TacoBello
Meh, just a bunch of young, white frame Oakley wearing "men" who are obsessed with their turbo toy. Subaru paint quality is by far the shittiest paint I've ever seen on a car. Their interiors are spartan/boring as fuck, due to every vehicle coming equipped with AWD (gotta cut costs somewhere to stay competitive)... they're not even all that reliable, with regular head gasket issues being common place, amongst other shit.

I think they're a cool and unique brand and I give them props to sticking to what makes a Subaru, a Subaru... but they're far from perfect. But... fanboyism at its finest, those guys get real upset when you tell them their $3300 2006 Forester XT isn't the bestest car ever made on the planet.
I seen a newer subaru forester turbo up for sale with average mileage and I swear to you it had like 10 major components changed (things like turbo, control arms....etc). At first I was like wow this guy really maintains his car and then I thought about it more and was like well shit, if this thing needs this many parts replaced this early on, how reliable is it really?

By far the worst interiors of any cars today are subarus. Super spartan and cheap looking and feeling. All hard plastic and plain. Between them and Mitsubishi it's hard to choose which one is cheaper on the inside.
Old 08-07-2018, 03:22 AM
Suzuka Master

100% agree that the branding influences your perceptions of the vehicles. Acura remains to me, a value luxury brand (i'm coming off a Mercedes and a BMW before that)

Especially the RDX, it's never really a winner in each categories but good enough in every. Paired that with value pricing, it's a winner. Some will gladly pay extra Ks to get the German brands for same or less feature sets, that's totally their prerogative. What gets me is when folks started to blindly dismiss faults/issues as if it's their own child, like "my kid is the best" syndrome, or fanboys.
I try to always avoid getting into conversations with people who get all heated about why their car is the best car ever...etc. Like yeah sure like your car, no worries, but don't come and try to go all crazy just because someone disagrees with your viewpoint.

There is no such thing as a perfect car and honestly today the mainstresm brands have come soooooo close to the luxury brands that it almost doesn't make sense to pay 10-20k over the comparable model. You can now get cooled seats, heated steering wheel, pano roof, self driving...etc in a 30k car. Kias now offer napa leather, suede headliners, and even leather dashboards on some models...etc. imagine me saying this 10 years ago about any mainstream brand let alone Kia.
37tzee (08-07-2018)
Old 08-07-2018, 06:22 AM
Advanced

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by knhellesky
Yep....pretty much all forums have their loyal followers that drink their kool-aid too much and lose all semblance of reason when presented with varying view point.
You mean like this one.....
Old 08-07-2018, 06:29 AM
Advanced

"Non car guys"?

Sorry, I love Acuras, but an RDX is no match for a Q5 as far as quality of materials, engineering, or build quality. I don't believe the two cars are even competitors. I would cross shop an RDX with a Q3.

Having owned both Acuras and Audis, and being a MAJOR car guy, it's apples and oranges here.

What I will happily acknowledge is as they age, an Acura should be significantly cheaper to maintain compared to an Audi. That's not an issue for me as I regularly trade cars every three to five years.
Old 08-07-2018, 08:18 AM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by 37tzee
"Non car guys"?

Sorry, I love Acuras, but an RDX is no match for a Q5 as far as quality of materials, engineering, or build quality. I don't believe the two cars are even competitors. I would cross shop an RDX with a Q3.

Having owned both Acuras and Audis, and being a MAJOR car guy, it's apples and oranges here.

What I will happily acknowledge is as they age, an Acura should be significantly cheaper to maintain compared to an Audi. That's not an issue for me as I regularly trade cars every three to five years.
Good thing you aren't attempting to stir the pot... funny how professional reviewers have a different opinion than you regarding the difference.. why is that? Are they paid Acura shills?
Old 08-07-2018, 09:05 AM
Advanced

Good thing you aren't attempting to stir the pot... funny how professional reviewers have a different opinion than you regarding the difference.. why is that? Are they paid Acura shills?
Since I didn't start this thread - Trolling the Audi forum - I don't think I can, or should, be accused of "stirring the pot". I've yet to read an article in Car and Driver, Automobile, or Motor Trend that would choose an Acura over an Audi. If anything, they have been pretty harsh in their consistent comments about Acura losing its mojo. I don't necessarily agree with those comments.

At the end of the day, it's all subjective anyway. I will say that the vast majority of vehicles I have owned in my life have been Hondas or Acuras. That doesn't mean I don't think an Audi isn't a better engineered/assembled vehicle. Again, subjective and heavily reliant on one's definition of "better engineered". I think German cars feel more precise than Japanese cars. Purely my opinion. I think a Japanese car will be more reliable and cheaper to maintain over its life span. Purely my experience.

I came here to learn as much as possible about the 2019 RDX. It's my first choice for our next SUV/CUV. The announcement of the all-new 2019 Audi Q3 has muddied the waters a bit. My vote is for the RDX while my wife is now very interested in the Audi; her main reasons being a few things she dislikes about the RDX that many on this forum have complained about - The Nav screen mounted on top of the dash, shifter buttons, and the big round knob in the middle of the dash.
Old 08-07-2018, 09:18 AM
Pro

Received 218 Likes on 135 Posts
I was about to say that people who review cars for a living or are respected car enthusiasts (with tens of thousands of followers for a reason on YouTube, for example [e.g. Alex on Autos]) have no problem at all saying the RDX is a direct competitor to the Q5 (and the X3, GLC, Stelvo, XC60, et al)... Being mentioned by professionals in the same breath as these blue chippers is definitely not...mince meat.

Also, I've read nothing but superlatives about the RDX's quality of materials (real wood, real metals, real leather, etc.) and fit and finish throughout.

This "my badge is bigger than your badge" stuff...smh.
Stew4HD (08-07-2018)
Old 08-07-2018, 09:28 AM
Suzuka Master

Since I didn't start this thread - Trolling the Audi forum - I don't think I can, or should, be accused of "stirring the pot". I've yet to read an article in Car and Driver, Automobile, or Motor Trend that would choose an Acura over an Audi. If anything, they have been pretty harsh in their consistent comments about Acura losing its mojo. I don't necessarily agree with those comments.

At the end of the day, it's all subjective anyway. I will say that the vast majority of vehicles I have owned in my life have been Hondas or Acuras. That doesn't mean I don't think an Audi isn't a better engineered/assembled vehicle. Again, subjective and heavily reliant on one's definition of "better engineered". I think German cars feel more precise than Japanese cars. Purely my opinion. I think a Japanese car will be more reliable and cheaper to maintain over its life span. Purely my experience.

I came here to learn as much as possible about the 2019 RDX. It's my first choice for our next SUV/CUV. The announcement of the all-new 2019 Audi Q3 has muddied the waters a bit. My vote is for the RDX while my wife is now very interested in the Audi; her main reasons being a few things she dislikes about the RDX that many on this forum have complained about - The Nav screen mounted on top of the dash, shifter buttons, and the big round knob in the middle of the dash.

Just go test drive one and then let us know how out of the league the RDX is

T
Old 08-07-2018, 09:35 AM
Pro

Just go test drive one and then let us know how out of the league the RDX is

T
Another thing to keep in mind while test-driving (which I did - amazing!!) is that the RDX is priced $5-10K+ less than its similarly-equipped hoity toity stablemates...
Old 08-07-2018, 09:45 AM
Advanced

Originally Posted by cruiserchuck
​​​​​​
I could not believe all the grief being given to posters who mentioned anything negative about Subarus. Never seen such attacks on Acura, Honda, Lexus, Toyota, etc. boards.
Check out any Wrangler forum!
Old 08-07-2018, 12:17 PM
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
"Non car guys"?

My wife drives a Q3 Prestige. Have you ever been in one? There’s no comparison to the 2019 RDX, whether it’s ride quality, amenities, or cargo space. And it’s not just about quality as to why I’m leaving Audi. Here’s what I posted over on the Audi forum in response to the OP...

Dumping my Audi for a 2019 RDX soon as well. Ever since Dieselgate, I think the brand has gone downhill. It's all about cutting costs now. Their customer service level is nowhere near where it was 17 years ago when I bought my first allroad. For example, prior to Dieselgate, if I had any kind of paint issue while under warranty, there was no question that they would repaint it for free. Now? Nope, sorry, not covered. If you're no longer willing to provide the luxury car experience, then why should I continue to pay extra for it?

Last straw was getting a recall notice in June for the After Run Coolant Pump. Sorry, we won't have the new part until November, but until then we suggest you park your car outside, as the defective part might catch fire. Which basically is their way of saying...well since we've told you this, now you can't sue us if your house burns down.

Have always loved the Audi brand, as we have two in the garage right now (and yeah, I refuse to park it outside)...but I'm done. The RDX may not be an Audi, but it's close enough for a LOT less money.

Old 08-07-2018, 01:45 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by Akari

My wife drives a Q3 Prestige. Have you ever been in one? There’s no comparison to the 2019 RDX, whether it’s ride quality, amenities, or cargo space. And it’s not just about quality as to why I’m leaving Audi. Here’s what I posted over on the Audi forum in response to the OP...

Dumping my Audi for a 2019 RDX soon as well. Ever since Dieselgate, I think the brand has gone downhill. It's all about cutting costs now. Their customer service level is nowhere near where it was 17 years ago when I bought my first allroad. For example, prior to Dieselgate, if I had any kind of paint issue while under warranty, there was no question that they would repaint it for free. Now? Nope, sorry, not covered. If you're no longer willing to provide the luxury car experience, then why should I continue to pay extra for it?

Last straw was getting a recall notice in June for the After Run Coolant Pump. Sorry, we won't have the new part until November, but until then we suggest you park your car outside, as the defective part might catch fire. Which basically is their way of saying...well since we've told you this, now you can't sue us if your house burns down.

Have always loved the Audi brand, as we have two in the garage right now (and yeah, I refuse to park it outside)...but I'm done. The RDX may not be an Audi, but it's close enough for a LOT less money.

I actually read your post on that forum. What I stated in my post was that we will be cross shopping the all-new 2019 Q3 to the 2019 RDX. I have no doubt that a new gen RDX is nicer than the current (five year-old) Q3.

Yes, I've driven the current gen Q3; it's slow with a not too impressive interior. I bought a Mercedes GLA back in 2015 after seriously considering a Q3. I do love the proportions of the current Q3 exterior; way better than a Q5 in my opinion.

As I stated above, all of this is subjective. What is interesting are the comments about the Subaru owners' forum and some of the responses here. I respect your purchase decisions; but I don't necessarily have to agree with the "why" part of it.

Also as stated above, I'm pushing for the RDX, but my wife is intrigued by the 2019 Q3. From what I have seen of the interior, I like the Q3 design better. I've got the virtual cockpit in my '18 TT RS and love the fact that there is no central screen. The one on the RDX follows the German example - including the new A4/5 and Q5 - by mounting a tablet on the dashboard. That's one of my wife's greatest dislikes about the RDX, and has been mentioned in many threads here.

We'll see where all of this leads to, but I think it will be an RDX. I'm just going to let the first year beta testing conclude.
Old 08-07-2018, 01:59 PM
Burning Brakes

The only thing the Q3 is close to RDX is price. If you are cross shopping by price, then it make sense. Anything else it’s purely pretentious.

i am not the one who falls into fanboyism of any kind. But to suggest Q3 has better interior quality than RDX is far fetching. Unless you like hard plastic than wood and real metal..... Maybe the rings can’t be beat to you.

GLA vs XC40 vs Q3 vs X1 would be a fair cross shop of subcompact suv.

Old 08-07-2018, 02:24 PM
Advanced

The only thing the Q3 is close to RDX is price. If you are cross shopping by price, then it make sense. Anything else it’s purely pretentious.

i am not the one who falls into fanboyism of any kind. But to suggest Q3 has better interior quality than RDX is far fetching. Unless you like hard plastic than wood and real metal..... Maybe the rings can’t be beat to you.

GLA vs XC40 vs Q3 vs X1 would be a fair cross shop of subcompact suv.

You may not fall into fanboyism, but apparently you haven't comprehended any of my prior posts where I said I was going to cross-shop the 2019 RDX to the all-new 2019 Q3. I never once suggested that the current Q3 has a better interior than the all-new 2019 RDX.

Some of you guys are just way too insecure about your recent purchases, and have zero respect for anyone who differs in opinion.

Jesus, talk about the Subaru forum! LOL!

So for the reading challenged - I've owned 11 Honda/Acura products in my lifetime and am currently contemplating #12. They are reliable, and in my experience, basically bullet-proof. That being said, there is no substitute - IN MY OPINION - to a German car in design, feel, and driving experience. Again, just MY OPINION.

Enjoy your RDX's and keep us posted on the ownership experience. Those of us sitting out year 1 are interested in what you learn.

Cheers!
Old 08-07-2018, 02:29 PM
Pro

I don't get the "greatest dislike" (but realize personal opinions are, of course, very (personal) -- but, IMHO, the placement of the 10.2" screen is logical (in agreement with the ergonomic experts and designers of the system)...it's in the driver's line of sight instead of having to look down.

I've found myself saying "I shouldn't be looking down so much" more than a couple of times in the '17 I drive now after realizing how long I actually had my eyes off the road trying to fiddle with whatever it is I was fiddling with. The new placement has my face level with the what's outside in front of the car as it's speeding along even when I'm glancing over or turning my head to the right slightly for microseconds at a time.

Last edited by birdonamission; 08-07-2018 at 02:37 PM.
Old 08-07-2018, 02:38 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by birdonamission
I don't get the "greatest dislike" (but realize personal opinions are, of course, very (personal) -- but, IMHO, the placement of the 10.2" screen is logical (in agreement with the ergonomic experts and designers of the system)...it's in the driver's line of sight instead of having to look down.

I've found myself saying "I shouldn't be looking down so much" more than a couple of times in the '17 I drive now after realizing how long I actually had my eyes off the road trying to fiddle with whatever it is I was fiddling with. The new placement has my face level with the what's outside in front of the car as it's speeding along even when I'm glancing over or turning my head to the right slightly for microseconds at a time.
It's definitely something someone can get used to, but it's interesting that the new trend (Mercedes and Audi) is back in the dash board, albeit almost across half of it.
Old 08-07-2018, 02:50 PM
Burning Brakes

Yes, I've driven the current gen Q3; it's slow with a not too impressive interior. I bought a Mercedes GLA back in 2015 after seriously considering a Q3. I do love the proportions of the current Q3 exterior; way better than a Q5 in my opinion.

Also as stated above, I'm pushing for the RDX, but my wife is intrigued by the 2019 Q3. From what I have seen of the interior, I like the Q3 design better. I've got the virtual cockpit in my '18 TT RS and love the fact that there is no central screen. The one on the RDX follows the German example - including the new A4/5 and Q5 - by mounting a tablet on the dashboard. That's one of my wife's greatest dislikes about the RDX, and has been mentioned in many threads here.

We'll see where all of this leads to, but I think it will be an RDX. I'm just going to let the first year beta testing conclude.
Er... I guess you liking the design doesn’t mean it is better. And design is more than just placement of buttons and screen, material matters. Sorry for the basic assumption of English language. I guess you can like inferior quality of a design....

look, there is no doubt Audi makes nice cars but when you start comparing apple to oranges then it gets attentions

Old 08-07-2018, 02:54 PM
Pro

It's definitely something someone can get used to, but it's interesting that the new trend (Mercedes and Audi) is back in the dash board, albeit almost across half of it.
Yeah, that's interesting. I'm sure they have their reasons for every design decision, down to the last stitch in the upholstery...lol.

Meanwhile, I think the combination of the HUD, placement of the screen, the True Touchpad Interface, natural language voice recognition, and AcuraWatch is good one (for safety and overall functionality). The Germans choose to do it their way -- nothing wrong with that.

Quick Reply: Could not resist trolling the Q5 crowd over at AudiWorld