Consolidated list of issues with new RDX during/after delivery

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2018, 06:53 PM
Racer

Received 31 Likes on 29 Posts
Consolidated list of issues with new RDX during/after delivery

I see few of us are having small/big issues in brand new car either during / after delivery. Lets try to consolidate the issues and see if it can be use to provide feedback to Acura.

1. I have small dent in sunroof glass panel and working with dealer to fix it. Haven't heard back from dealer as they are not sure what can be done with it.
Old 11-20-2018, 07:39 PM
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
If you check the problem and fix section, a lot of owners have problems with their new RDX. I start to reconsider now. ( I haven't bought mine yet but in process of getting a deal)
Old 11-20-2018, 07:50 PM
Racer

Received 31 Likes on 29 Posts
"lot of owners" from thousands of buyers ... don't get me wrong.. Its still solid car packed with many premium features for the price with low maintenance cost. I would still buy this car despite the small issue I have.
Old 11-20-2018, 08:01 PM
Cruisin'

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
RDX issues

Originally Posted by Monster_HK
If you check the problem and fix section, a lot of owners have problems with their new RDX. I start to reconsider now. ( I haven't bought mine yet but in process of getting a deal)
I got few issues with mine:
1. Infotainment system freezes in USB mode.
2. Unable to return to previous folder in USB mode.
3. Had to replace wipers. Extreme noise.
4. Had to perfrom wheels alignment-pullednto the left.
5. Extremely light (soft) steering.
no resistance/road feel.
6. NYC daily mpg 13.4
7. During snowy weather the radar got blocked by snow and desabled lane assist etc.
Old 11-20-2018, 09:11 PM
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by ed_k
no resistance/road feel.
6. NYC daily mpg 13.4
7. During snowy weather the radar got blocked by snow and desabled lane assist etc.

Thank you for listing your issues. Wondering if you have these problems fixed? and would you mind share your purchase price and where you bought it from if you bought it in NYC area?
Old 11-20-2018, 10:59 PM
Advanced

Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts
no resistance/road feel.
6. NYC daily mpg 13.4

I have a daily commute into city using the BQE during rush hour and I'm getting about 16 mpg in comfort mode and feather footing it. In my old 05 TL I was getting about 14 mpg so I guess its still a bit better. Driving in stop and go traffic is always going to produce shit numbers.

And the snowy weather thing isnt really a complaint even if the radar wasn't blocked the lane assist system wont work when the entire road is blanketed in white snow. Honestly no one should be relying on driver assistance features during inclimate weather like snow.

Last edited by AZ4035; 11-20-2018 at 11:01 PM.
The following users liked this post:
knakane (11-21-2018)
Old 11-21-2018, 10:52 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 389 Likes on 294 Posts
The only think I have noticed is a slight high-frequency ticking sound (almost sounds like a rattle) which appears to come from behind the instrument cluster occasionally on startup. I haven't bothered taking it in. Anyone know if this is normal?

Other than that I haven't had any issues but I'm also not a very demanding user. Just hit 1000 miles in over a month of use and don't use things like nav, carplay, cruise, etc. very much.
Old 11-21-2018, 10:58 AM
Instructor

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts
Do your wipers work smoothly across the windshield? Mine rub and skip even on the lowest setting when it's raining. Not sure if this is specific to the RDX or mine are defective.

Also my auto high beams come on every time I'm behind a white car at night. Is there a way to turn these off?

Last edited by Njbrandon; 11-21-2018 at 11:00 AM.
Old 11-21-2018, 12:17 PM
Racer

Received 96 Likes on 59 Posts
1. Infotainment won't turn off (happened twice in two weeks - pulled fuse)
2. Rough shifts from slow rolling start
3. car wouldn't reverse. Pressed reverse, then made a clicking noise and would automatically go back to Park. Happened 5 times before i put the car in neutral and pushed it backwards out of the parking space.
4. With vehicle in Comfort mode and normal Drive mode, transmission wouldn't shift to next gear. Almost like a phantom sport mode but it wasn't in sport (dynamic) or sport (tranny)
5. Dealership mailed me license plates from actual dealership with no registration. Had to make literally 10 phone calls to even get the girl to send the duplicate request. She first suggested I deal with it myself. (Orange Coast Acura - worst dealer ever)
6. Dealership cancelled two of my appointments w/out any warning. I only found out because I called to confirm
7. Front collision warning beeps when going out of fairly shallow driveway. Maybe a behavior specific to this vehicle, but I have never driven a car w/front sensors that would beep when pulling out of a driveway
8. CarPlay basically breaks every time i use it. It still sorta works but only if i can tolerate the constantly skipping music.
9. brakes squeal more frequently than I would like
10. absolutely zero confidence from phone call w/Acura Client Services that they have any idea what the deal is with the infotainment software and no idea when they will update to fix all the issues. The "Tech" associate I spoke to didnt even know what I was talking about when I was asking about this being an Android based system (fail)
11. Headlights will not turn off ever - meaning they turn on and off w/auto however if they are on w/auto and i toggle the knob stick thing to "off" they will not turn off.

Last edited by knakane; 11-21-2018 at 12:18 PM. Reason: added #11
Old 11-21-2018, 12:56 PM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by knakane
7. Front collision warning beeps when going out of fairly shallow driveway. Maybe a behavior specific to this vehicle, but I have never driven a car w/front sensors that would beep when pulling out of a driveway
I have this problem too. I back into my garage and when I leave I get the beeping sound. Not sure if it's the parking sensors or the collision avoidance that's getting triggered. Need to pay more attention next time.
Old 11-21-2018, 01:12 PM
Racer

Received 96 Likes on 59 Posts
Originally Posted by anoop
I have this problem too. I back into my garage and when I leave I get the beeping sound. Not sure if it's the parking sensors or the collision avoidance that's getting triggered. Need to pay more attention next time.
I'm unsure if this answers this but I am assuming its the sensors since that box pops up the same as when I'm parking in front of a wall or something. I do not get the orange "BRAKE" warning that comes up when im tailgating someone...errr..forget to slow down lol
Old 11-21-2018, 11:34 PM
Three Wheelin'

It rained today so I finally got to use the wipers. And they squeak when they get to where they are vertical, but not too bad.

It looks like when exiting the garage it is the fault of the parking sensors. So anyone with the base car won't have this problem. Less is more!
Old 11-22-2018, 07:30 AM
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
no resistance/road feel.
6. NYC daily mpg 13.4
FYI:
I felt a pull to the left as well driving home from the dealer and then realized the LKAS likes to slightly favor left because when I shut it off it tracks perfectly true...
Old 11-25-2018, 01:30 AM
Three Wheelin'

2019 RDX AWD/Tech.

Today for the first time I had a full car with passengers in the back seat. I'm single, so normally it's just me in the car. My friend and his kids complained the audio system didn't sound right. I started playing with the controls and went through all the settings resetting all the ones I could. Was told that it still sounded lousy. So I started playing with balance/fade and found that when set to drivers side rear, there is almost zero audio output. I plan to take the car in next week whenever I can get an appointment.

Would like to hear if anyone face a similar issue and if I am overlooking something obvious.
Old 11-25-2018, 07:22 AM
Cruisin'

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by AZ4035
I have a daily commute into city using the BQE during rush hour and I'm getting about 16 mpg in comfort mode and feather footing it. In my old 05 TL I was getting about 14 mpg so I guess its still a bit better. Driving in stop and go traffic is always going to produce shit numbers.

And the snowy weather thing isnt really a complaint even if the radar wasn't blocked the lane assist system wont work when the entire road is blanketed in white snow. Honestly no one should be relying on driver assistance features during inclimate weather like snow.
I would have hoped that the MPG would have been better on the BQE with auto idle stop. Isn’t a parking lot like that where it is most valuable?
Old 11-25-2018, 09:08 PM
Instructor

Received 28 Likes on 24 Posts
My dad has had his aspec since the summer , -about 8k on it. Nothing but Nav/radio issues since the start. Freezin nav, radio not working at all. Blank info screen. Dealer has worked on it at least 4 times.
They “fixed” it last month. Dealer Said come pick up the car. Well, not only wasnt it fixed but they replaced the entire console. Sounds good right? Included in that is a new odometer!!!! It read 18 miles on the odometer! Making the car un-sellable. (Was around 8k prior to problem been fixed!)
Hes had claim open w Acura since the onset. That was about a month ago. Acura bascually said they dont have a fix.
Im a huge Acura fan. Acuras response jusr isnt right. I can hope theres no others that get a new odometer as a fix!!
Old 11-25-2018, 09:13 PM
Null and proud of it

Received 898 Likes on 788 Posts
Hmmm... That odometer thing is a big deal... We need no look into that...
Old 11-26-2018, 12:36 PM
Instructor

Received 28 Likes on 24 Posts
My view is that it deminishes the value of the car by thousands. The Carfax is gonna have a discrepancy with the milage. No one is gonna want that car for anything close to book value.
Sounds like Acura is in the works to buying his car back. Hes gonna take a hit and move onto the Xt4 Cadi. Keep u posted.