Car Play Nav plus music

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2019, 09:22 AM
EFR
Burning Brakes

Received 254 Likes on 183 Posts
Car Play Nav plus music

So here's my question. And you could say...Ed...you're 62...your 'electronics' skills peaked at changing tubes out on old TV's and radios..and you may be a little right, but: Using Apple Car Play, then selecting Waze for example to navigate....Now, can you get music to play also? I just couldn't see a way. It was like nav was your choice and nav is what you get. At least on my IPhone the Waze app has a little music icon on the screen and I can get to Spotify and Pandora, but that's on the phone. The Car Play Waze app on the Acura screen loses that little icon. So go ahead, humiliate me...tell what dumb little thing I missed.
Old 07-01-2019, 09:25 AM

Received 16,260 Likes on 11,971 Posts
Dude! you probably know more about computers than some of these youngins!
I suspect it's just software, the carplay waze app hasnt been updated with that specific feature
Old 07-01-2019, 09:32 AM
EFR
Burning Brakes

But not just Waze....any of the nav choices in Carplay, if you are letting that be your driving guidance, are you cut off from making a music choice too? I though maybe that 'B' screen on the right would show music choices, but no. Driving with Nav is great...I mean, it beats keeping the Atlas folded out on your car console...LOL. But Nav'ing without music?...ughhh.
Old 07-01-2019, 09:39 AM
Drifting

Received 1,024 Likes on 714 Posts
Originally Posted by EFR
So here's my question. And you could say...Ed...you're 62...your 'electronics' skills peaked at changing tubes out on old TV's and radios..and you may be a little right, but: Using Apple Car Play, then selecting Waze for example to navigate....Now, can you get music to play also? I just couldn't see a way. It was like nav was your choice and nav is what you get. At least on my IPhone the Waze app has a little music icon on the screen and I can get to Spotify and Pandora, but that's on the phone. The Car Play Waze app on the Acura screen loses that little icon. So go ahead, humiliate me...tell what dumb little thing I missed.
Yes, you can. Get waze running.

To the left of the screen are a couple of icons, if you don’t see your music one there (my amazon music one is) then move down to the white button, and select it, that will get you to the carplay screen where you can get to your music icon. Then see if waze is showing in that left area, if not, white button time.

Get WAZE running again, go to the small pad area and swipe a couple times until the music playing screen shows, and you have Waze Nav on the main screen, and music info on the small one to the right.

I will be 69 in two weeks.

You could also long press on the talk Icon and say “Siri, use WAZE and navigate home on the main screen, and play Soft Rock on Pandora on the small screen.”

She won’t do it, but you could say that. Maybe iOS 13? 16?

Last edited by Madd Dog; 07-01-2019 at 09:48 AM.
Old 07-01-2019, 11:27 AM
EFR
Burning Brakes

Ohhhh...those most obvious icons right there on the screen...you mean those??? HAHAHA...oh boy. Thank you sir. I thank you, my wife thanks you, and my little Yorkie thanks you...or at least approves of your avatar. I use Pandora (because it's free through T-Mobile) and voila---we have music. Again, thanks. If you ever need help with your tube TV or radio...let me know.
Old 07-01-2019, 11:32 AM
Drifting

Received 1,024 Likes on 714 Posts
Originally Posted by EFR
Ohhhh...those most obvious icons right there on the screen...you mean those??? HAHAHA...oh boy. Thank you sir. I thank you, my wife thanks you, and my little Yorkie thanks you...or at least approves of your avatar. I use Pandora (because it's free through T-Mobile) and voila---we have music. Again, thanks. If you ever need help with your tube TV or radio...let me know.
YW.

Look, just ask, there is a lot going on with this system, and those of us who have had it for a while have figured out a lot of stuff.

Just don’t ask it to do too many things. I have had freezes when trying to switch playlists, although skipping to the next song by using the left hand wheel on the steering wheel works.