AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community

AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community (https://acurazine.com/forums/)
-   3G RDX (2019+) (https://acurazine.com/forums/3g-rdx-2019-454/)
-   -   Car beeps rapidly when i close the door? (https://acurazine.com/forums/3g-rdx-2019-454/car-beeps-rapidly-when-i-close-door-973247/)

chkelly 09-16-2018 11:06 AM

Car beeps rapidly when i close the door?

Anyone know what this is? It beeps 5 or so times in rapid success most of the time when i leave the car. And then a few seconds later when i walk away it does the auto lock single beep/light flash.

chkelly 09-16-2018 11:54 AM

Also, many times when using the door handle/proximity unlock it doesnt work. Is this because of my iphone being on me? (different pocket). I have to walk back then walk up to it again, take my hand off and on the handle. Very annoying.

joshuaren 09-17-2018 06:08 AM

Key might still be inside

On my TLX it means I’ve left the key in the vehicle while it’s still on (either running, on battery, or ACC mode). Not sure how different it is with the new RDX. Perhaps your 2nd key is in the vehicle somewhere?

kurtatx 09-17-2018 07:31 AM

It's Honda for "your keys are still in the vehicle"

joe424242 09-17-2018 07:57 AM

your walk-away lock will not activate when you hear rapid beeping sound. The reason is because you walk away out of sensor radius too fast after you close your door. It applies the same when you close your trunk. When you are walking away while your truck door is closing. it will rapidly beep and will no automatically lock your doors.

For keyless entry, try put your hand on the inner side of your handle and have it unlock first....do not grab the handle and open the door simultaneously.

chkelly 09-17-2018 08:11 AM

Originally Posted by joe424242 (Post 16298263)
your walk-away lock will not activate when you hear rapid beeping sound. The reason is because you walk away out of sensor radius too fast after you close your door. It applies the same when you close your trunk. When you are walking away while your truck door is closing. it will rapidly beep and will no automatically lock your doors.

For keyless entry, try put your hand on the inner side of your handle and have it unlock first....do not grab the handle and open the door simultaneously.

I think this trick did it , thanks! im used to putting my thumb on it

chkelly 09-17-2018 08:39 AM

Originally Posted by joshuaren (Post 16298235)
On my TLX it means I’ve left the key in the vehicle while it’s still on (either running, on battery, or ACC mode). Not sure how different it is with the new RDX. Perhaps your 2nd key is in the vehicle somewhere?

hmm, well key is in pocket or hand and my 2nd key is 11 floors up in an apartment. Ill try to notice if it happens in other locations

chkelly 10-13-2018 10:21 AM

Im finding this happens more often in my parking garage. I talked to an Acura customer experience rep on the phone and she said others have had this problem and it is likely the front door key fob sensor. Just bumping in case anyone else has this issue?

B25Nut 10-13-2018 12:30 PM

Ten days ago my wife parked her RDX at a distant restaurant and got the rapid beeps when she walked away. She didn't know what to do and just went about her business. Over two hours later she returned and the battery was dead. She had forgotten to turn the vehicle off (this is our first time with a push button start/stop). The RDX tried to tell her that. I had her call the Acura Care number and in less than an hour the roadside assistance had her on her way at no charge. She is trying now to develop the habit of eliminating a step and does not push the Park button when she comes to a stop and just pushes the Stop button (which automatically puts the RDX into Park).
Last night she called from a beachside motel where she's attending a women's retreat with friends and said she got the rapid beeps again when she walked away from the vehicle. She was able to lock it with the FOB. Analyzing this later, I've concluded that after taking the luggage out of the back, she had walked away before the back hatch was fully closed (which will cause the beeping). This may be the only drawback to the walk away lock feature, but we can deal with it knowing what causes the beeps.

Madd Dog 10-13-2018 12:51 PM

I turned this off. I am concerned that I might get used to it and just walk away from my other car.

oblio98 10-13-2018 10:58 PM

When I first got my car, the fact that the radio/audio remained on after I turned it off affected my sub-conscience. Here's what I would do:

Park and turn off the car. Get my phone and whatever else I needed to take with me, all the while listening to the radio. Since I previously owned a 17 RDX, the environment was familiar, so my reflexes would be that since the radio was still on, the car was still on. I would then hit the START/OFF button again, thinking I was turning the car off, then open the door.

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Of course, I did not remember that I again pressed the start button, so I would get all pissed off trying to figure out what was happening.

I have it down now, but still do it once in a while. It may sound stupid, but going from the 17 to the 19 is similar, but not a match.