Can't figure out how heated seats work - AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community

Notices

Can't figure out how heated seats work

Old 01-11-2019, 10:55 AM
  #1  
Registered Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Age: 48
Posts: 50
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Can't figure out how heated seats work

Yes I can turn them on and off, but the heated seats are a bit quirky and was not sure if this was by design. I like to run them at full power (3 leds) pretty much all the time in winter, but I find that the vehicle lowers this down to 2 leds often without my input at all. What's even more odd is that sometimes on turning the vehicle on I'll find the passenger seat at 3 leds, but I never turned it on, even on the previous drive. I don't use the automatic button at all so don't think that's it. Is there any way to keep the seats from automatically lowering the heat all the time?
spinedoc777 is offline  
Old 01-11-2019, 11:20 AM
  #2  
Registered Member
 
kboo74656's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Location: Hampton Roads Area, VA
Age: 44
Posts: 77
Thanked 14 Times in 9 Posts
The heated seats do not stay on high all the time. This is to prevent burning people. Itís states this in the manual. The car will periodically lower the temp and then go back to the high setting. As for the passenger heated seat coming on by its self, it will come on if the seat control is in auto and based on the internal temp in the cabin of the car. Itís itís doing this with the auto function off I am at a loss. Read and check the manual itís all explained there. You can even download the manual for free from Acura. Hope this helps.
kboo74656 is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to kboo74656 For This Useful Post:
spinedoc777 (01-11-2019)
Old 01-11-2019, 11:31 AM
  #3  
Registered Member
 
Yotrek's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 232
Thanked 8 Times in 8 Posts
Heated seat turn on automatically when starting the car using remote start, in cold weather..
Yotrek is offline  
Old 01-11-2019, 11:48 AM
  #4  
Registered Member
 
JAB00's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Baltimore MD
Age: 40
Posts: 1,104
Thanked 17 Times in 13 Posts
I think it's because it's on auto. I like the auto function because it adjusts as the car warms up. You can turn auto off and it will not adjust but stay at whatever setting.
JAB00 is offline  
Old 01-11-2019, 02:12 PM
  #5  
Registered Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Age: 48
Posts: 50
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Originally Posted by kboo74656 View Post
The heated seats do not stay on high all the time. This is to prevent burning people. Itís states this in the manual. The car will periodically lower the temp and then go back to the high setting. As for the passenger heated seat coming on by its self, it will come on if the seat control is in auto and based on the internal temp in the cabin of the car. Itís itís doing this with the auto function off I am at a loss. Read and check the manual itís all explained there. You can even download the manual for free from Acura. Hope this helps.
Thanks, that makes sense, so if I leave it alone it will go back up to full heat.
spinedoc777 is offline  
Old 01-11-2019, 02:14 PM
  #6  
Registered Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Age: 48
Posts: 50
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Yotrek View Post
Heated seat turn on automatically when starting the car using remote start, in cold weather..
That's the odd thing, the heated seats aren't going on when remote starting the vehicle, only after I press the start button even after it's been idling after a remote start. Just this morning I got in after a remote start and the seats were ice cold and didn't start heating until I pressed the start button. I wish Acuralink had an option to turn them on/off.
spinedoc777 is offline  
Old 01-11-2019, 04:28 PM
  #7  
Registered Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: Long Island NY
Age: 63
Posts: 10
Thanked 3 Times in 2 Posts
When the AUTO mode is ON the auto heated/vented seats are designed to start out at the highest setting depending on how cold/ hot the interior temp is & then gradually turn off as it steps down from 3, 2 , 1 light(s). you can turn off by continuing to manually click the button & 1 click after the single light is on, it turns off. To turn back to AUTO push the AUTO button I've found no problems with them...
Mark S Long Island is offline  
Old 01-11-2019, 04:32 PM
  #8  
Registered Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Age: 48
Posts: 50
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Mark S Long Island View Post
When the AUTO mode is ON the auto heated/vented seats are designed to start out at the highest setting depending on how cold/ hot the interior temp is & then gradually turn off as it steps down from 3, 2 , 1 light(s). you can turn off by continuing to manually click the button & 1 click after the single light is on, it turns off. To turn back to AUTO push the AUTO button I've found no problems with them...
That's the thing, I don't have the auto mode on.
spinedoc777 is offline  
Old 01-11-2019, 07:56 PM
  #9  
Registered Member
 
Madd Dog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: Hudson Valley, NY
Posts: 1,034
Thanked 228 Times in 181 Posts
I puf them in auto. Then when I get in, I say, damn this is cold. Then, as it warms um, I say, damn, this is getting hot, then it drops an LED. Then when it gets hot afain, it drops again. I am like, oh, heck it is cold out.

It works as well as one could expect, I guess.

I remember, as a kid, sitting in the back of my dadís big old buick and yelling Ďput the heat oní and my dad saying ďshut up, it will come on when the engine gets hotĒ and I was like, yeah, who needs it then? I want it now.

Last edited by Madd Dog; 01-11-2019 at 08:01 PM.
Madd Dog is offline  
Old 01-12-2019, 11:43 AM
  #10  
Registered Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Age: 48
Posts: 50
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Madd Dog View Post
I puf them in auto. Then when I get in, I say, damn this is cold. Then, as it warms um, I say, damn, this is getting hot, then it drops an LED. Then when it gets hot afain, it drops again. I am like, oh, heck it is cold out.

It works as well as one could expect, I guess.

I remember, as a kid, sitting in the back of my dadís big old buick and yelling Ďput the heat oní and my dad saying ďshut up, it will come on when the engine gets hotĒ and I was like, yeah, who needs it then? I want it now.
Lol nice. I guess I'm a glutton for punishment, I like 3 led heat on ALL the time. Man it feels really good on the hamstrings and low back. The heated seats are much toastier than on my previous Genesis.

spinedoc777 is offline  
Old 01-14-2019, 10:40 PM
  #11  
Registered Member
 
Join Date: May 2018
Location: Madison, WI
Posts: 514
Thanked 119 Times in 82 Posts
I think the Advance has less insulating padding because of the ventilated seats. I would have sear marks on my butt if I left the seat heaters on three LEDs.
Wander is offline  
Old 01-15-2019, 06:20 PM
  #12  
Registered Member
 
Yotrek's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 232
Thanked 8 Times in 8 Posts
Originally Posted by spinedoc777 View Post
That's the odd thing, the heated seats aren't going on when remote starting the vehicle, only after I press the start button even after it's been idling after a remote start. Just this morning I got in after a remote start and the seats were ice cold and didn't start heating until I pressed the start button. I wish Acuralink had an option to turn them on/off.
Not on mine, the heated seat on upon entering the car and remind on even after I press start button, full three ledís..check again..unless because mine is Canadian model..
Yotrek is offline  
Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
TerpNation
3G TL Problems & Fixes
21
12-04-2012 11:41 AM
booster
1G TSX Problems & Fixes
5
11-26-2009 04:29 PM
maxls00
3G TL Problems & Fixes
16
10-13-2009 10:17 PM
jack0289
2G TL Problems & Fixes
8
11-28-2007 08:58 PM
VT-TSX
Audio, Video, Electronics & Navigation
9
04-02-2004 09:18 AM


Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Can't figure out how heated seats work


Contact Us Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.