Build date to dealer deliver time estimates?

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2018, 09:28 AM
Racer

Received 60 Likes on 41 Posts
Originally Posted by romer
late last night I received an email that my car arrives to dealer today. No word yet on when I pick it up. It’s been quite a slog as some of you know from previous posts. This all started June 15 with a car tagged for me once built, which showed mid-July build date, expected delivery end of July. That car never materialized. You know the rest. But the Advance AWD Gunmetal Metallic is here. All’s well that ends well.
Congratulations. It has been a long time coming, hopefully the will have fixed many of the problems the first units are having.

Billy
The following users liked this post:
romer (09-09-2018)
Old 09-07-2018, 03:34 PM
Intermediate

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Twaeball
Back seat bottom is 53" at widest point. Back seat backrest is 48 1/2" wide.
Perfect. Thank you!
Old 09-07-2018, 03:38 PM
Intermediate

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by birdonamission
Mine says "in transit," too, but confirmed from my dealership that that doesn't mean it's "on the way." Just slightly misleading, huh?

It basically just means it's an allocation, in my case, for this month (ordered [made a deposit] in mid-August). Now just waiting to hear what my September build date is or will be.

By the way, I spent a few minutes searching for the rear seat bench's width (including in the owner's manual and installation instructions PDFs), but couldn't find the information. I even looked at the rear seat cover accessory's details at websites where it's sold, but nothing I saw talked about dimensions.

Hopefully someone here who already owns the car will run a tape and post the width for you.
My dealer never would confirm that it was mine that I was seeing, but I got a call today that it was here and am going this evening to pick it up!!
Old 09-07-2018, 04:21 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 257 Likes on 177 Posts
It's really difficult to determine what 'in transit' means. In my case the dealer had it allocated to him (for me) for about a month with nothing showing on the Acura site, but it was in his hands 4 days (over a weekend) after it first showed as 'in transit'.
Old 09-08-2018, 12:04 PM
Intermediate

Received 18 Likes on 8 Posts
My Gunmetal Advance AWD RDX showed up on the Acura inventory on Saturday the 1st. That probably means it was built not only on a Friday but a Friday before a holiday. That's ok - I don't think robots much care what day it is. The great news is that my dealer called today, the 8th, to say it is at the dealership. I'm picking up Monday. Apparently, everything fell into place with a shipment heading to Atlanta. Looking forward to driving all over the country except Hawaii (tough to get across the Pacific) and California (it seems that an RDX can cause cancer in that one state - see page one of owner's manual).
Old 09-08-2018, 03:17 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by fodder
My Gunmetal Advance AWD RDX showed up on the Acura inventory on Saturday the 1st. That probably means it was built not only on a Friday but a Friday before a holiday. That's ok - I don't think robots much care what day it is. The great news is that my dealer called today, the 8th, to say it is at the dealership. I'm picking up Monday. Apparently, everything fell into place with a shipment heading to Atlanta. Looking forward to driving all over the country except Hawaii (tough to get across the Pacific) and California (it seems that an RDX can cause cancer in that one state - see page one of owner's manual).
Great news. Congratulations on getting to pick up your new car.

Billy
Old 09-08-2018, 06:06 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 740 Likes on 435 Posts
Originally Posted by fodder
Are you talking dealer site or the dealer's inventory as shown in their system? If dealer website the car was likely built at least a week or more before that, can’t speak to build date to showing in dealer's system.
Old 09-08-2018, 06:18 PM
Intermediate

Received 18 Likes on 8 Posts
It never showed on the local dealer web site. I saw it on the Acura.com site on Sat. Sept. 1 listed as "In transit". The dealer told me it was scheduled to arrive in Atlanta the week of the 17th. We were both surprised at the early arrival. For anyone that cares, the VIN is listed at over 13,200 so they have made a bunch of 2019 RDX models.
Old 09-11-2018, 10:14 AM
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
A car i have a deposit on was supposed to arrive at the dealership 2 days ago, salesperson said it has been at its train destination 45 mins away waiting for local delivery (the last two days) but cant get any answers as to why it hasnt been delivered. Ive been trying to be patient as several other local dealerships have the exact same model in their lot...Of course the sales guy could have given me an accelerated but false deliv date to get me to commit to the deposit knowing i could drive 20 mins away and get the car the same day elsewhere.

Last edited by chkelly; 09-11-2018 at 10:17 AM.
Old 09-18-2018, 11:38 AM
Pro

Received 218 Likes on 135 Posts
The build date for my Fathom Blue Pearl Advance SH-AWD is supposed to be sometime around this time next week... Looking forward to hearing from the dealer contact that that's actually the case. Already pushed back once (build date); hopefully they won't do it again.
Old 09-18-2018, 11:58 AM
Intermediate

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
How did you get a build date? I think that you and I are probably working with the same dealer, and all I have gotten out of them is that mine is "supposed to be delivered between mid to late September". They seem to have no other info, or knowledge of what goes on at the factory beyond them getting a notice that such-and-such a color with whatever package is in "transit" to them. My deposit is six weeks old and according to what the dealer says, I will get the next red advance that comes in. Maybe next week, maybe next year. Not the best system compared with other makes.
Old 09-18-2018, 01:05 PM
Pro

Originally Posted by Pearl77
How did you get a build date? I think that you and I are probably working with the same dealer, and all I have gotten out of them is that mine is "supposed to be delivered between mid to late September". They seem to have no other info, or knowledge of what goes on at the factory beyond them getting a notice that such-and-such a color with whatever package is in "transit" to them. My deposit is six weeks old and according to what the dealer says, I will get the next red advance that comes in. Maybe next week, maybe next year. Not the best system compared with other makes.
I got the build date (or rather, a window of sometime between 9/24 to ~9/28) a couple of weeks ago from the dealer contact I'm working with. I gave my deposit going on 5 weeks ago.

When I asked last week if the build date of 9/24 or so is still on track, he didn't answer my question directly. Instead, his response was, "we're still tracking a mid-October delivery."

I'll give an update here if I get anything more concrete.
Old 09-18-2018, 03:35 PM
Advanced

Received 30 Likes on 16 Posts
About a month ago my dealer said that the build date for “my” fathom blue pearl advance sh-awd was 9/26-9/30. I haven’t asked or heard anything different since then. I put “my” in quotes because we haven’t yet agreed on price including what they would give me for my 2016 rdx advance.
Old 09-18-2018, 03:55 PM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by ShouldIBuyNew
About a month ago my dealer said that the build date for “my” fathom blue pearl advance sh-awd was 9/26-9/30. I haven’t asked or heard anything different since then. I put “my” in quotes because we haven’t yet agreed on price including what they would give me for my 2016 rdx advance.
Interesting. When I put down my deposit, I got the Costco deal, plus what I thought was a good trade in on my car (based on KBB values, etc). I told my dealer that my purchase was contingent on them keeping this deal. It now appears that at least two months will have gone by before my RDX is in, and I am expecting them to tell me that my trade in is now less because of the elapsed time. I brought this up with the sales rep and his response is "Oh, we wouldn't do that". Guess we will see, but I won't buy it if they change the deal through no fault of mine.
Old 09-18-2018, 04:55 PM
Drifting

Received 1,024 Likes on 714 Posts
Originally Posted by Pearl77
Interesting. When I put down my deposit, I got the Costco deal, plus what I thought was a good trade in on my car (based on KBB values, etc). I told my dealer that my purchase was contingent on them keeping this deal. It now appears that at least two months will have gone by before my RDX is in, and I am expecting them to tell me that my trade in is now less because of the elapsed time. I brought this up with the sales rep and his response is "Oh, we wouldn't do that". Guess we will see, but I won't buy it if they change the deal through no fault of mine.
Make a personal assessment of what those two months should cost. Be reasonable, you are driving it and adding to the miles. Walk in there with a reasonable answer as to why your estimate is better than theirs. That is, if they say that they can’t keep the original deal. If you have to walk, walk away sadly, not angrily, and you might get a call-back to split the difference.
Old 09-22-2018, 07:32 AM
Instructor

Received 64 Likes on 38 Posts
Mine has been built, vin assigned and is currently in transport. ETA is anywhere from 24-29 September.
Old 09-22-2018, 08:01 PM
Pro

Originally Posted by qwxilvr
Mine has been built, vin assigned and is currently in transport. ETA is anywhere from 24-29 September.
Good for you! You're about 3 weeks ahead of me. Last I heard, 24-29 September is when mine will be built, then ETA the ~week of 15 October.
qwxilvr (09-22-2018)
Old 09-24-2018, 12:47 PM
Pro

After what seemed like a very long wait, confirmed today my build date will be this Wednesday, Spetember 26th...
Old 09-24-2018, 02:43 PM
Advanced

Received 30 Likes on 16 Posts
After what seemed like a very long wait, confirmed today my build date will be this Wednesday, Spetember 26th...
Good to hear. That’s consistent with what I heard today about my fathom blue pearl advance awd.
birdonamission (09-24-2018)
Old 09-24-2018, 03:26 PM
Racer

Congratulations!
birdonamission (09-24-2018)
Old 09-24-2018, 04:30 PM
Pro

Originally Posted by ShouldIBuyNew
Good to hear. That’s consistent with what I heard today about my fathom blue pearl advance awd.
Originally Posted by billyt1963

Congratulations!
Thanks!! If I do get my FBP Advance SH-AWD on or about October 17th, it would be about 8-1/2 weeks from when I put my deposit down (August 17th).

Aside: Nice thing on the deposit was they only required $500 and they took it over the phone.
Old 09-28-2018, 07:31 AM
Instructor

Received 64 Likes on 38 Posts
Originally Posted by qwxilvr
It arrived on Wednesday, but didn’t find out until yesterday evening when I called for an update. Now just trying to work out a delivery time. Salesman says they have a bunch of deliveries for today and three for Saturday. Business office says earliest they can have it ready is Tuesday, and they don’t do Saturday deliveries (unless special circumstances)... I want to take delivery in full daylight and didn’t want to take time off work to do it.

business office ice is also pressing on decisions for 3m stone guard (hood fenders bumper mirrors) for 965$ And ceramic pro for 1600$. Need to give them an answer today, I am pretty sure their 3m price is high for the coverage. I really have no clue on ceramic pro.
Old 10-05-2018, 01:31 PM
4th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi everyone! New to the board and excited to be here! This is my first post so hopefully I am doing it right!

We put a deposit down on a Performance Red AWD Advance in mid-August. We were told the dealer had one scheduled to arrive with a build date of the end of August (and 3-4 days for transit after that) but that didn't happen. Then our build date moved into early September. We were told our RDX was built and now we were just waiting for it to arrive. It was first scheduled to arrive September 22...then that moved to September 30....then that moved to October 6...and now we were just told October 10. When we asked for more "details" on why the date keeps changing, all we get back in response is "it just show it is in transit with an ETA of 10/10."

Is anyone else going through this? There is no way to know "where" the car is....just that it is "in transit" and no one has a real clue as to when it will actually arrive? We've had basically 5 estimated delivery dates!
Old 10-05-2018, 02:36 PM
Pro

Originally Posted by jeni44
Hi everyone! New to the board and excited to be here! This is my first post so hopefully I am doing it right!

We put a deposit down on a Performance Red AWD Advance in mid-August. We were told the dealer had one scheduled to arrive with a build date of the end of August (and 3-4 days for transit after that) but that didn't happen. Then our build date moved into early September. We were told our RDX was built and now we were just waiting for it to arrive. It was first scheduled to arrive September 22...then that moved to September 30....then that moved to October 6...and now we were just told October 10. When we asked for more "details" on why the date keeps changing, all we get back in response is "it just show it is in transit with an ETA of 10/10."

Is anyone else going through this? There is no way to know "where" the car is....just that it is "in transit" and no one has a real clue as to when it will actually arrive? We've had basically 5 estimated delivery dates!
Hi - welcome to the board! Performance Red...saw that in person -- very, very nice, indeed.

I have only been pushed back once, re: build date, and now anticipating ETA within the next 14 days. We shall see. I called today and was told "you'll be the first to know" when they get something more concrete.

Sure hope you get your car soon...that's a lot of moving of the goal posts.
jeni44 (10-05-2018)
Old 10-06-2018, 11:17 AM
Cruisin'

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
I have my deposit down for a modern steel aspec at one dealership, estimated to be in a week or two. I'll be traveling until then, so it actually works out with my timeline. Is this likely to be pushed back? There's another dealership with the car already available today, but I'd rather wait if the estimated delivery is actually on time. Should I trust the delivery estimate?

​​​​​​Also, this is my first car purchase in 17 years , so I'm a bit naiive in the process. Does it matter which dealership I buy from? Can I get service from a local dealership if I didn't buy from them? What if there are manufacturer issues that need to be fixed?
Old 10-06-2018, 12:21 PM
Racer

Received 63 Likes on 45 Posts
Originally Posted by nartnad
I have my deposit down for a modern steel aspec at one dealership, estimated to be in a week or two. I'll be traveling until then, so it actually works out with my timeline. Is this likely to be pushed back? There's another dealership with the car already available today, but I'd rather wait if the estimated delivery is actually on time. Should I trust the delivery estimate?

​​​​​​Also, this is my first car purchase in 17 years , so I'm a bit naiive in the process. Does it matter which dealership I buy from? Can I get service from a local dealership if I didn't buy from them? What if there are manufacturer issues that need to be fixed?
I receive a significant discount on oil changes and a related basic inspection for the life of my ownership of the vehicle if I take it to the service department of the dealership where I purchased it. The dealership is providing this, not Acura. I would check into that for your situation. It might be worthwhile if there is not a major overriding factor. Many Acura buyers seem to have both brand and service department loyalties.
Old 10-10-2018, 09:34 AM
4th Gear

Hi - welcome to the board! Performance Red...saw that in person -- very, very nice, indeed.

I have only been pushed back once, re: build date, and now anticipating ETA within the next 14 days. We shall see. I called today and was told "you'll be the first to know" when they get something more concrete.

Sure hope you get your car soon...that's a lot of moving of the goal posts.
well - pushed back again...now telling us 10/15/18. Sales person said "he said he hears they're being very diligent on quality control since its a new model." Huh? Plenty of people are getting their cars........
Old 10-10-2018, 11:40 AM
Advanced

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts
well - pushed back again...now telling us 10/15/18. Sales person said "he said he hears they're being very diligent on quality control since its a new model." Huh? Plenty of people are getting their cars........
Well that's a load of bs...
Old 10-10-2018, 12:13 PM
4th Gear

Originally Posted by starlord
Well that's a load of bs...
yeah...that's what we think too We've been "in transit" for a month now....we are frustrated.
Old 10-10-2018, 05:05 PM
Intermediate

I put down my deposit on an RDX exactly like yours on August 6th. The car arrived at my dealer on October 5th and I picked it up on Monday the 8th. So far, I love it, with the caveat that the infotainment system is as complex/complicated as advertised and while everything seems to work, it will be awhile before I am comfortable with it. Use the on-line owners manual not the minimized hard copy one you get with the car. The latter is confusing and often dives into terms that have not been explained. Hope you get yours soon.
jeni44 (10-10-2018)
Old 10-10-2018, 09:38 PM
Racer

Received 31 Likes on 29 Posts
yeah...that's what we think too We've been "in transit" for a month now....we are frustrated.
First of all, Welcome to the forum !!
My car was supposed to come out from production line on 10/8 and then 2 weeks to dealership. I have asked for an update today and will post if any change.
Old 10-11-2018, 10:11 AM
Racer

Here is the dealer response:

"Your car is out of production and we should get a delivery date anytime now and we will let you know as soon as we do. Our RDX’s are coming at a faster rate now. We will keep you updated with that Acura tells us."
Old 10-11-2018, 12:04 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by Coolguy
Here is the dealer response:

"Your car is out of production and we should get a delivery date anytime now and we will let you know as soon as we do. Our RDX’s are coming at a faster rate now. We will keep you updated with that Acura tells us."
You need to have your salesman get into contact with the zone manager to find out where your car is. Even the GM won't know where your car exactly is, all their computer system tells them is its in transit. Make them pick up the phone and have them contact the Zone Manager.
Coolguy (10-11-2018)
Old 10-11-2018, 12:15 PM
Racer

That helps. This might be news to salesman too
Old 10-11-2018, 12:39 PM
4th Gear

Thanks for the info starlord! I will have to reach out to ours too since we are on our fifth anticipated delivery date but still listed as "in transit." Appreciate the advice!
Old 10-11-2018, 12:54 PM
Advanced

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts
Hey Coolguy, What's your color combo? There's been a AWD/Tech Steel & gray in transit to your dealer for the last week. How do I know? That's what I' looking for and will start next week.
Old 10-11-2018, 12:55 PM
Advanced

Thanks for the info starlord! I will have to reach out to ours too since we are on our fifth anticipated delivery date but still listed as "in transit." Appreciate the advice!
I hope it helps and the dealership is cooperative. My story is buried somewhere in this thread but long story short, I ordered my RDX the day it was released and waited for (2) months. It never arrived and the dealership had no idea what happened. The GM and Sales Manager reached out to the zone manager to find out my car was damaged in transport and he didn't want to accept delivery. If I didn't demand them to find out I would have been a sitting duck. I resorted to going through a car broker and got my car sourced from norcal. I'm a happy camper now.
Old 10-11-2018, 08:26 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by Boltface
Hey Coolguy, What's your color combo? There's been a AWD/Tech Steel & gray in transit to your dealer for the last week. How do I know? That's what I' looking for and will start next week.
Mine is AWD/Tech White ext. Parchment int. I dont see that color in transit yet. Hope its not waiting for train (as someone suggested on this forum)
Old 10-11-2018, 08:32 PM
Advanced

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts
Mine is AWD/Tech White ext. Parchment int. I dont see that color in transit yet. Hope its not waiting for train (as someone suggested on this forum)
Sorry that one wasn't yours. I'll contact them, along with others, for a price. Hope yours gets there soon!
Old 10-11-2018, 08:44 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by Boltface
Sorry that one wasn't yours. I'll contact them, along with others, for a price. Hope yours gets there soon!
no issues.. waiting has its own fun as long as it stays on track.

If you are buying from Greensboro, talk to the person I posted in the forum to get discount. Post your price and discount details.

Quick Reply: Build date to dealer deliver time estimates?