Automatic Power Liftgate Opener / Closer and Folding Side Mirrors

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2018, 09:00 AM
Hello World

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by Colorado Guy AF Ret.
And, honestly, sporty or sports cars should have a "place to put your right hand"....OK, guys...I know what you are thinking...CARS here...LOL.......but, again, IF you are a true "driving person" where you want
to feel and be part of the visceral overall feeling of driving a "sporty/sports car/SUV, etc" then a shifting arm of some kind is just part of the car culture.

Again, reinventing the wheel is beyond necessary in many things happening. To make a car DRIVE for you
is pure stupidity. Autonomous cars is way beyond belief. They won't survive. If I don't want to drive, I'll take a cab, uh, as long as there is someone driving it!! YIKES! LOL.....

I used to race 125cc karts and mini-GP bikes. On race tracks of course. I think I could be included in the 'driving person' category. :-)

I agree with you 100% on the self-driving cars. Many people will misuse them. i.e. the woman who put his cat in the microwave oven to dry it. LOL

Just because they call them SUV doesn't mean they're sport vehicles. Heck, do you remember the Chevrolet Trans Sport? LOL Like most SUVs, the RDX is sporty but it's not a sport car. It's heavy, it's center of gravity is high, etc. It's a very functional vehicle, great for everyday life. Why would they include features that are needed on a real sport car (a shifter and a clutch, racing seats, low profile tires, etc) but that would be a disadvantage in the SUV category?
Old 05-06-2018, 01:42 PM
Drifting

Received 1,024 Likes on 714 Posts
I was trained never to rest my hand on the gear shifter, so I never do. Even after I stopped driving an MT. I just put it on that big round thing in front of me.
Old 05-06-2018, 10:29 PM
Car Crazy for Sure!

Received 432 Likes on 299 Posts
Smile Sporty RDX A-Spec...YES!!

Originally Posted by ultramart
I used to race 125cc karts and mini-GP bikes. On race tracks of course. I think I could be included in the 'driving person' category. :-)

I agree with you 100% on the self-driving cars. Many people will misuse them. i.e. the woman who put his cat in the microwave oven to dry it. LOL

Just because they call them SUV doesn't mean they're sport vehicles. Heck, do you remember the Chevrolet Trans Sport? LOL Like most SUVs, the RDX is sporty but it's not a sport car. It's heavy, it's center of gravity is high, etc. It's a very functional vehicle, great for everyday life. Why would they include features that are needed on a real sport car (a shifter and a clutch, racing seats, low profile tires, etc) but that would be a disadvantage in the SUV category?
Well, if you don't think the A-Spec versions of the RDX and MDX is not "sporty" then I guess Acura wasted a LOT of money. On the contrary....that move by Acura is causing sales to go up....in the TLX for sure! My dealer sells 80%
A-Spec versions of the TLX. Wait till the RDX comes out!!

So, that was my earlier point. I get what you are saying about SUV's in general....but, look at the A-Spec AND other manufacturers that are doing the same thing with their SUV's....redoing them to be more sporty! Why, 'cause trucks
and SUV's are paying the bills and putting money in the bank for them. The '19 RDX is WAY different than it's predecessor....and I've owned 3 of them. Esp. what they did to the A-Spec version. Hell of a lot sportier than Gen 2 RDX's.

So, again, for me and I KNOW for many upcoming buyers of the A-Spec RDX...they will say it's a LOT sportier than what it is replacing. Suspension..come on....SH-Awd, fat, low profile 20" wheels and tires, etc, etc. Although personally
I think that stopping at 19" wheels and tires would have been fine. Could have gone to a lower profile and fancy wheel in 19" compared to the other RDX models.

Sporty, fun, handling, looks....not your grandmas SUV!! LOL! It needs a shifting arm. Put the push buttons on the Advance then. A-Spec version....no....not needed....overkill. Form over function. Gave engineers job security. "Oh look boss what I've designed!" A new way of shifting that we really don't need, but, we can convince some folks on Accurazine.com that it's the best thing since...oh.....the Dodge dash mounted push button auto trans. from the '50's!
That's 1950's for you younger folks out there.
Old 05-06-2018, 10:43 PM
Car Crazy for Sure!

Smile OK you guys...2 hands on that wheel!!

Originally Posted by Madd Dog
I was trained never to rest my hand on the gear shifter, so I never do. Even after I stopped driving an MT. I just put it on that big round thing in front of me.
The "air bag/horn button?" The tach/speedo gauge pod?

Yeah, that's what our HS driving instructors taught back in "the day." LOL!! Seriously, how many real car drivers...car people....don't rest their hand on the shifter? Most do...since they are a "driving person"....so ready to shift, esp if it's
a stick. Habit if it's an auto. I do it...but, my hand isn't on it ALL the time...but, it's a comfy place to be IF you are a "sporty guy that loves to drive." I've watched many guys and gals drive their cars over the years while I was a passenger,
and their right hand was often on the shifter. It's just kinda natural.

Sometimes I find myself reaching for "a shifter" on my new TLX A-Spec....and it's....FRUSTRATING!!

And I KNOW not everyone for sure drives with 2 hands on the wheel at all times. Boy, that will open a can of worms huh? LOL. I sometimes have my right arm on the console and my hand somewhat gently resting on the shifter. It's just
"normal" for me...and I know for many DRIVERS out there. Shifting has been part of the automobile since....it's beginning. Push buttons failed with Chrysler products many yrs ago. I hope they fail for all the manufacturers that use them
now. Just my take. I guess you got to be over...at least what.....45 or so. ???? To really "get it" and appreciate the shifting arm.
Old 05-06-2018, 11:11 PM
Hello World

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Habit if it's an auto. I do it...but, my hand isn't on it ALL the time...but, it's a comfy place to be IF you are a "sporty guy that loves to drive."
Sometimes I find myself reaching for "a shifter" on my new TLX A-Spec....and it's....FRUSTRATING!!
Sorry for you but there will be no shifter on the '19 RDX... No place to put your arm. The good news is, with the added free space, you could velcro a dog basket on the center console, put your Chihuahua in it (you have one, right?) and pet it while you drive.

I'm just kidding! :-) I get that don't like the push buttons and I respect that. And like I said before, maybe I will miss the shift lever too.

Have a nice evening.

Last edited by ultramart; 05-06-2018 at 11:19 PM.
Old 05-07-2018, 02:15 AM
Carbon Bronze Pearl 2008

Received 48 Likes on 32 Posts

Yeah, that's what our HS driving instructors taught back in "the day." LOL!! Seriously, how many real car drivers...car people....don't rest their hand on the shifter? Most do...since they are a "driving person"....so ready to shift, esp if it's
a stick. Habit if it's an auto. I do it...but, my hand isn't on it ALL the time...but, it's a comfy place to be IF you are a "sporty guy that loves to drive." I've watched many guys and gals drive their cars over the years while I was a passenger,
and their right hand was often on the shifter. It's just kinda natural.

And I KNOW not everyone for sure drives with 2 hands on the wheel at all times. Boy, that will open a can of worms huh? LOL. I sometimes have my right arm on the console and my hand somewhat gently resting on the shifter. It's just
"normal" for me...and I know for many DRIVERS out there. Shifting has been part of the automobile since....it's beginning. Push buttons failed with Chrysler products many yrs ago. I hope they fail for all the manufacturers that use them
now. Just my take. I guess you got to be over...at least what.....45 or so. ???? To really "get it" and appreciate the shifting arm.
Over 45 for sure. I turn 53 very soon. I had a 2015 TLX loaner with the button shifter and hated it while my RDX was in for service. Plus, it had the super sloppy 9-speed tranny which was horrible. Was so happy to get back into my RDX with a "normal" transmission and a "normal" shift lever. Side note: That 9-speed with the 290 H.P. engine could melt the front tires from a dead stop.
Old 05-07-2018, 10:57 PM
Car Crazy for Sure!

Smile

Originally Posted by Carbon2008RDX
Over 45 for sure. I turn 53 very soon. I had a 2015 TLX loaner with the button shifter and hated it while my RDX was in for service. Plus, it had the super sloppy 9-speed tranny which was horrible. Was so happy to get back into my RDX with a "normal" transmission and a "normal" shift lever. Side note: That 9-speed with the 290 H.P. engine could melt the front tires from a dead stop.
Yes, the '15 TLX had it's early multi gear trans issues. Not now. I have an '18 TLX A-Spec and it's a smooth and fun trans. 4 Dynamic drive modes...Sport + is paddle shifters only....and can be fun. It is very quick and the trans shifts
with the paddles at least 50% quicker than the paddle shifting on the 6 spd...that my RDX's had and have. It's not a Ferrari and won't shift in a nano second....but, this car for the money....it's fast and fun with the paddles.

I agree though...my '17 RDX is "normal and is fun and easy with a normal shifter. My 2nd Gen RDX's have always been very quick too. I have left stop lights/signs in a huge leap and the engines rev up and shift great. I've had a few
"kids" that thought their Audi was going to kick my butt......uhhh, that didn't happen! LOL!! The 2nd Gen. RDX has always surprised me just how quick it is from a dead start. I know it's in the gearing of the trans and differential. I've
owned 3 of them. Still have my '17. Not so sure if I'll get the '19. It will have to really "blow me away" for me to trade for it. I would like to have that new 3D ELS sound system in my '17!!
Old 05-07-2018, 11:06 PM
Car Crazy for Sure!

Unhappy

Originally Posted by ultramart
Sorry for you but there will be no shifter on the '19 RDX... No place to put your arm. The good news is, with the added free space, you could velcro a dog basket on the center console, put your Chihuahua in it (you have one, right?) and pet it while you drive.

I'm just kidding! :-) I get that don't like the push buttons and I respect that. And like I said before, maybe I will miss the shift lever too.

Have a nice evening.
LOL....no Chihuahua...did I spell that right? LOL. No....not an "ankle biter dog guy." Drive that push button "form over function" freaky trans and you will miss the "old shift arm....I'm sure of it!!" LOL!!

The only thing I can do with my sometimes spare arm/hand is pet the wife or keep drinking from my mug. Oh, I could text like the kids do when they are driving! Damn that's scary!
And I know...you crazies out there can come up with all kinds of things to do....but, let's keep it clean!

Down with the "form over function....not necessary push button trannies!!" LOL!!
Old 05-14-2018, 07:56 PM
Pro

Received 218 Likes on 135 Posts
So, it looks like I will have to shed a tear or two...not seeing any indication whatsoever that the Advance will have power-folding side-view mirrors -- something I really, REALLY wanted and would've paid extra for as an option, if I had to. Oh, well.

Has anyone seen anything about the car's "wingspan," counting the fully extended side view mirrors? I want to know how easy (or hard) it would be to squeeze into my side of the garage, which has a pillar between two door openings.
Old 05-15-2018, 12:14 AM
Advanced

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
That does seem just so strange that power folding mirrors would not be standard on the RDX - Advance when they and heated rear seats have been standard on the Canadian Technology model for 3 years now. Unlike the Lexus RX350, the mirrors do not automatically fold when your turn the engine off, but I can live that that. Not an feature that I use a lot however it certainly is nice when pulling in to tight parking spots. Personally, I would give up the heated rear seats in exchange for a heated steering wheel!

I also read last week that the engine in the 2019 RDX will have 272 HP, down 7 HP from the current model.
Old 05-15-2018, 07:06 AM
Pro

Received 56 Likes on 49 Posts
Originally Posted by FreddyBeach
That does seem just so strange that power folding mirrors would not be standard on the RDX - Advance when they and heated rear seats have been standard on the Canadian Technology model for 3 years now. Unlike the Lexus RX350, the mirrors do not automatically fold when your turn the engine off, but I can live that that. Not an feature that I use a lot however it certainly is nice when pulling in to tight parking spots. Personally, I would give up the heated rear seats in exchange for a heated steering wheel!

I also read last week that the engine in the 2019 RDX will have 272 HP, down 7 HP from the current model.
The power specs have been out for a while now. Torque is higher than the V6, of course, so performance should be similar if not better. What I will be interested to see are the MPG ratings. I am betting they are almost identical to the V6 which begs the question, why go to a turbo 4 if there isn't an MPG advantage?
Old 05-15-2018, 07:20 AM
Instructor

Received 70 Likes on 46 Posts
HP numbers are a bit misleading. The 2019 has more power through most of the power band. The V6 has few more peak HP above 5500 RPM and that's it.
Attachment 99126
Old 05-15-2018, 07:28 AM
Advanced

I totally agree with you. With my 2016 RDX - Tech I got mileage as good as 7.7lt/100 km on the highway, which works out to 36 mpg (Cdn). Considering the size of the vehicle and the HP of the V6 I have pretty darn pleased with that. Traded my 2016 RDX-Tech for a 2018 RDX-Tech. Decided that I will wait for some long-term tests and some of the bugs are cleared up before buying a 2019/ 2020 model.
Old 05-15-2018, 08:27 AM
Pro

That does seem just so strange that power folding mirrors would not be standard on the RDX - Advance when they and heated rear seats have been standard on the Canadian Technology model for 3 years now. Unlike the Lexus RX350, the mirrors do not automatically fold when your turn the engine off, but I can live that that. Not an feature that I use a lot however it certainly is nice when pulling in to tight parking spots.
I know! What plausible reason is there that Canada will get power-folding side-view mirrors on the RDX, but not the U.S.?? If someone will just explain that I can more easily move on and not be haunted and tormented about it. HA HA! (J/K, it's not that serious).

But for real, there are lots of cars in the U.S., premium brand or not, that have this feature. Makes no sense whatsoever. Grrrr... OK, rant over.
Old 05-15-2018, 08:46 AM
Drifting

I am more concerned about whether it is true that there is no spare tire.
Old 05-15-2018, 08:55 AM
Advanced

From the pictures I have seen, if there is a spare tire it certainly is not in the floor like previous RDX models. Only other place would be under the tailgate where it is on the MDX. I had a Mazda Miata that did not have a spare tire and I never felt comfortable driving it.
Old 05-15-2018, 10:19 AM
Pro

I find it amusing how there is all the talk of the Turbo 4 being an upgrade over the V6 when the DI V6 is still the standard motor in most of the other large Honda's(Pilot/Ridgeline/Odyssey) and Acura's(TLX/MDX/RLX). The 2.0T has the potential to out power the 3.5 DI (>300hp in the Civic Type R) so why isn't it replacing all the 3.5 V6's? The reason? IMHO a 2.0T 4 cylinder is never going to have the smoothness needed to be accepted in a true luxury car. The German's are putting them into the base E class, A6, and 5 series, but you still have optional V6's on the menu. I think Honda should have gone with the 290hp 3.5 from the TLX and bumped the power in the MDX to 300. To me all the smoke and mirrors of the "40% more torque" etc are obscuring the whole picture. The new RDX is not going to have the refined, smooth nature of the outgoing V6 and there will be no option to rectify this issue.
The following users liked this post:
Colorado Guy AF Ret. (05-15-2018)
Old 05-15-2018, 10:52 AM
Advanced

chickdr, totally agree with your point of view which is one of the reasons why I purchased a 2018 RDX. This V6 is just so smooth and quiet. I am not discounting the fact that I may have to purchase a MDX in 2 years time if it still has the 3.5 L engine then. Read an article last week suggesting that the new and revised MDX will have a 2.0L turbo engine..
Old 05-15-2018, 10:59 AM
Advanced

chickdr, totally agree with your point of view which is one of the reasons why I purchased a 2018 RDX. This V6 is just so smooth and quiet. I am not discounting the fact that I may have to purchase a MDX in 2 years time if it still has the 3.5 L engine then. Read an article last week suggesting that the new and updated MDX will have a 2.0L turbo engine..
Old 05-15-2018, 12:30 PM
There are four lights!

Received 215 Likes on 124 Posts
Originally Posted by chickdr
I find it amusing how there is all the talk of the Turbo 4 being an upgrade over the V6 when the DI V6 is still the standard motor in most of the other large Honda's(Pilot/Ridgeline/Odyssey) and Acura's(TLX/MDX/RLX). The 2.0T has the potential to out power the 3.5 DI (>300hp in the Civic Type R) so why isn't it replacing all the 3.5 V6's? The reason? IMHO a 2.0T 4 cylinder is never going to have the smoothness needed to be accepted in a true luxury car. The German's are putting them into the base E class, A6, and 5 series, but you still have optional V6's on the menu. I think Honda should have gone with the 290hp 3.5 from the TLX and bumped the power in the MDX to 300. To me all the smoke and mirrors of the "40% more torque" etc are obscuring the whole picture. The new RDX is not going to have the refined, smooth nature of the outgoing V6 and there will be no option to rectify this issue.
There's still a chance that we may eventually see a RDX Type-S with the 3.0T one day, but if a six is an absolute must, you'll have to look elsewhere. With that said, you have to keep in mind that a significant part of the population are not car enthusiasts like we are. They probably can't even differentiate the difference between a four or six cylinder, and why one is smoother than the other. My wife certainly can't. To her, it's all the same. Reminds me when V8s were being replaced with turbo sixes. People complaining that a six cylinder will never rumble or be a smooth as a V8. With CAFE standards and a movement towards better fuel efficiency, that's just the world we live. Personally, haven driven turbo fours in the past, I have no issue going to one. I do like the V6 in my TLX but I do miss that low end torque.
Old 05-15-2018, 01:13 PM
Car Crazy for Sure!

Smile

The power specs have been out for a while now. Torque is higher than the V6, of course, so performance should be similar if not better. What I will be interested to see are the MPG ratings. I am betting they are almost identical to the V6 which begs the question, why go to a turbo 4 if there isn't an MPG advantage?
Exactly! That's what I've been "beating on" here with different threads. I've owned MANY 3.5 V6 Honda Motor Corp engines....in Hondas and Acuras. I've like them all....they are smooth, strong, AND have always given great gas
mileage. Always get right at 22 mpg in just city driving...and always 30+ on the highway. NO reason for the turbo 4! That's why I wrote in one thread that my future U.S. travel vehicle will be an MDX. I was asked...just 2 of you,
more room than you need, RDX or a TLX will do the same, on and on. MDX sits higher...a HUGE plus when navigating the country's highways and byways. Plenty of room IF I need it or want it...and I'd rather have that V6
hauling me all over than that turbo 4. I wouldn't be concerned one bit about that 3.5, 290 hp MDX engine. The turbo 4 in the RDX...I would be. I guess it's because all my history with the 3.5. It's done me right. Just a great engine.
And great mileage...even in the MDX, for a bigger and heavier SUV than my RDX's.
Old 05-15-2018, 01:23 PM
Car Crazy for Sure!

Unhappy

chickdr, totally agree with your point of view which is one of the reasons why I purchased a 2018 RDX. This V6 is just so smooth and quiet. I am not discounting the fact that I may have to purchase a MDX in 2 years time if it still has the 3.5 L engine then. Read an article last week suggesting that the new and revised MDX will have a 2.0L turbo engine..
I will be really crushed IF the MDX were to go to a turbo 4 engine. IF that were to come about, I would buy the LAST MDX with the 3.5!!! Enough already...with the RDX going backwards in the eng. dept....the MDX needs to keep the V6.
Can't tow with the turbo 4!! So, maybe that fact will keep the V6 going. There has to be a REASON to switch....well, a good "common sense one"......IF they were to put a 300+ hp turbo 4 in the MDX....from the Civic Type R....then
that's going backwards. For what purpose? Worse gas mileage than the 3.5!!

Drives me crazy. BMW has great in line 6's...yes with a turbo...but, those in line 6's are smooth, strong and great engines. In line 6 cyl. engines have always been smooth and strong. Loved my Toyota Supras!!

Last edited by Colorado Guy AF Ret.; 05-15-2018 at 01:26 PM.
Old 05-15-2018, 01:30 PM
Drifting

BMW does not offer a V6, and all of the sixes are turbos. The E, 5, and A6 cars all offer similar 2.0 turbos, which have the power of the NA sixes they replaced in their lineups. You need to get a turbo six in order to have a discernible bump up from the turbo fours, IMO.
Old 05-15-2018, 02:11 PM
Pro

BMW does not offer a V6, and all of the sixes are turbos. The E, 5, and A6 cars all offer similar 2.0 turbos, which have the power of the NA sixes they replaced in their lineups. You need to get a turbo six in order to have a discernible bump up from the turbo fours, IMO.
Semantics Madd Dog.. BMW offers an I6 turbo in the new X3. The point is, you get a 6 cylinder option with the Germans. Irrelevant if they are FI, or not as they still have smoothness in spades over an I4. I am not talking about power. We all know 2.0T's can make the power of an NA V6 in most cases(my S54 I6 N/A 3.2l with 330hp is an outlier....). The power delivery and smoothness are what I am talking about.

Last edited by chickdr; 05-15-2018 at 02:14 PM.
Old 05-15-2018, 03:02 PM
Drifting

Semantics Madd Dog.. BMW offers an I6 turbo in the new X3. The point is, you get a 6 cylinder option with the Germans. Irrelevant if they are FI, or not as they still have smoothness in spades over an I4. I am not talking about power. We all know 2.0T's can make the power of an NA V6 in most cases(my S54 I6 N/A 3.2l with 330hp is an outlier....). The power delivery and smoothness are what I am talking about.
Mercedes is going to a straight six too. So shouldn’t Honda develop a straight six as well?

Honda is an engine company, and they are going with the turbo four, just like everyone else (except Toyota) is when they fill the sub 300HP range. I disagree that MB, BMW, Audi, etc., are wrong and keeping old sixes around is right. I give the automotive engineers the benefit of their expertise in this area.

I get it that some people are unhappy with this movement. Over at BMW there was some teeth-gnashing when the old NA straight sixes went under. Now, people are buying the 2.0s and seem to be happy about it.
Old 05-16-2018, 08:06 AM
Pro

Mercedes is going to a straight six too. So shouldn’t Honda develop a straight six as well?

Honda is an engine company, and they are going with the turbo four, just like everyone else (except Toyota) is when they fill the sub 300HP range. I disagree that MB, BMW, Audi, etc., are wrong and keeping old sixes around is right. I give the automotive engineers the benefit of their expertise in this area.

I get it that some people are unhappy with this movement. Over at BMW there was some teeth-gnashing when the old NA straight sixes went under. Now, people are buying the 2.0s and seem to be happy about it.
I don't know if they are "happy about it" they just don't have a choice at the low end. My friend picked up his new 530i yesterday. Is it nice? Yep. Does it run well? Yep? But the X3 M40i I test drove while he was signing the paperwork is just that much nicer with the smooth 6 cylinder motor. Maybe Honda needs to make a nice new 3.0T to replace the 3.5, but while they do, the DI 3.5 does just fine in its current role.
Old 05-16-2018, 10:12 AM
Drifting

I don't know if they are "happy about it" they just don't have a choice at the low end. My friend picked up his new 530i yesterday. Is it nice? Yep. Does it run well? Yep? But the X3 M40i I test drove while he was signing the paperwork is just that much nicer with the smooth 6 cylinder motor. Maybe Honda needs to make a nice new 3.0T to replace the 3.5, but while they do, the DI 3.5 does just fine in its current role.

90 HP will do that for a car.

The 2.0 10Speed is out there. Test the Accord with it, and decide if you want a leftover RDX with the 6 or the new one with the 4.
Old 05-16-2018, 01:17 PM
Car Crazy for Sure!

Smile

I'm with you here on the venerable 3.5 V6. I had thought about "maybe" going to a 3.0 turbo V6, but, would that then just equal the fuel mileage that the 3.5 DI engine gets? Then what would be the need to do that?
Keep what you have...I'm sure there is still a little refinement that can be done, but, to me not much else is needed.

Like you said...it is doing just find in it's current role! Couldn't agree more. And they better keep it in the MDX!! LOL!! I will be buying one for sure if they do. Have always planned on getting the MDX for my U.S.A. road trip tour!
Old 05-16-2018, 06:01 PM
Pro

90 HP will do that for a car.

The 2.0 10Speed is out there. Test the Accord with it, and decide if you want a leftover RDX with the 6 or the new one with the 4.
I already have a '16 so won't be trading for an '18. Actually no more Acura's for me after this one due to the issues I have had. I will be going another direction next time around.
Old 05-17-2018, 10:20 AM
4th Gear

Received 6 Likes on 1 Post
Here are the advance trim details I got from my dealer, hopefully, it answers any questions:
  • Adaptive Damper System
  • 16-Way Front Seats w/ Ventilation
  • ELS 3D Audio
  • HUD
  • Real Wood Trim
  • Surround View Camera
  • Hands-Free Assist Tailgate
  • LED Fog LIghts
  • Rear Heated Seats
  • Heated Steering Wheel
  • Rain-Sensing Wipers
  • Rear Load Sill Metal Garnish
  • Rear Camera Washer
Old 05-17-2018, 12:10 PM
Advanced

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts

Honda is developing a V6 turbo.

https://tiremeetsroad.com/2017/12/14...-new-v6-turbo/
Old 05-17-2018, 12:10 PM
Car Crazy for Sure!

Smile

Originally Posted by Subpar
Here are the advance trim details I got from my dealer, hopefully, it answers any questions:
  • Adaptive Damper System
  • 16-Way Front Seats w/ Ventilation
  • ELS 3D Audio
  • HUD
  • Real Wood Trim
  • Surround View Camera
  • Hands-Free Assist Tailgate
  • LED Fog LIghts
  • Rear Heated Seats
  • Heated Steering Wheel
  • Rain-Sensing Wipers
  • Rear Load Sill Metal Garnish
  • Rear Camera Washer
This has already been addressed and printed out at these forums. Nothing new here.
Old 05-20-2018, 08:30 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 869 Likes on 413 Posts
Originally Posted by birdonamission
I know! What plausible reason is there that Canada will get power-folding side-view mirrors on the RDX, but not the U.S.?? If someone will just explain that I can more easily move on and not be haunted and tormented about it. HA HA! (J/K, it's not that serious).

But for real, there are lots of cars in the U.S., premium brand or not, that have this feature. Makes no sense whatsoever. Grrrr... OK, rant over.
Cuz we are nicer and more polite......or because we pay significantly more?
Old 05-20-2018, 08:38 AM
Pro

Originally Posted by mapleloaf
Cuz we are nicer and more polite......or because we pay significantly more?
I don't know about all that, but OK. If you say so.

Whether you pay significantly more is immaterial. The car is not cheap whether in Canada or the U.S., and I'm sure some of us Americans can afford paying for power-folding side-view mirrors...
The following users liked this post:
Stew4HD (11-19-2018)
Old 11-19-2018, 03:04 PM
Advanced

Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts
I'm hoping we can retrofit the power folding mirrors from Canadian models in the future. My house has a narrow driveway and I've already nicked the passenger side window while driving in on a gutter drain.
Old 11-19-2018, 06:07 PM
Drifting

I barely have 2” on each side.