ASpec vs Advanced - Tough Decision

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2018, 11:21 AM
2022 MDX Advanced

Received 48 Likes on 27 Posts
ASpec vs Advanced - Tough Decision

Hi All,

Looking for guidence on how to make the decision between these two trims.

I love the exterior (black trim, larger black rims, larger exhaust tips) of the ASpec, but don’t love the no HUD and no Heated steering wheel. Also wonder what the benefit of the active dampers are - is it significant?

i was only able to drive an ASpec, but interested to hear from owners of either trim.

Also learned that now owning any Honda qualifies you for a $1K conquest credit on new RDXs. Pleasantly surprised by that.

Any thoughts?

Thanks!
Joe
Old 10-07-2018, 11:59 AM
Instructor

Received 46 Likes on 32 Posts
The decision to buy the Advance trim was easy. The A-Spec is nothing more than an appearance package, not for me. I always buy the highest, most expensive trim. The adaptive suspension gives me a firm, stable, and well-planted ride over a variety of road surfaces. It has minimal body-lean around corners. I prefer the splashes of chrome. The HUD is an awesome feature.
The following 2 users liked this post by MarineOne:
Sylvain (06-01-2019), zroger73 (10-08-2018)
Old 10-07-2018, 12:06 PM
Instructor

Received 52 Likes on 29 Posts
We got the Advance. If the Technology and A-Spec packages had been our only options, we wouldn't be driving an Acura right now. My wife didn't want to give up any of the features she liked in her Lexus, and the lack of a small item like rain sensitive windshield wipers could have killed the deal. Our RDX stays in Sport mode for the same speed performance as the A-Spec, and has adaptive dampers. We also like chrome, light interiors and wood trim. Since you also get the HUD, remote tailgate, more comfortable seats and surround view cameras (which, along with several other nice features the A-Spec package doesn't have) , the Advance was our obvious choice. My guess is you could pay a little extra and your dealer could arrange to get one of the A-Spec wheel options onto an Advance for you.
Old 10-07-2018, 12:26 PM
2022 MDX Advanced

Thanks for the thoughts.

The dealer I went to had 15 ASpecs and only 1 Advanced so that likely factored into how much they were selling it and talking it up.

I wasn’t aware of no rain sensing sensing wipers on the ASpec - that would be irritating.

Its a good point that the aesthetic enhancements really should be secondary to the functional ones. It’s not a cost issue for me - ideally I’d get the Advance model with the rims, trim, and exhaust of the ASpec. Maybe that’s possible? I wondered if the dealer would do all those exterior updates.

I’d still be interested in hearing from some ASpec owners.....
Old 10-07-2018, 12:49 PM
Drifting

Received 1,024 Likes on 714 Posts
Everyone has to decide what is important to him.

For me, it was Tech or Advance, since exterior appearance packages don’t mean much to me, and the sound system in the Tech was plenty good. The bigger rims were, to me, a strike against.

I never used the side bolster adjustments in my prior car, and the thigh support is good, for me, in the Advance. I live in the North East and the car is garaged, so the ventilated seats were also no great attraction. Never having gotten used to a HUD meant I do not miss it, though I do miss the rain sensing wipers. It was close for me, and if the Advance had folding mirrors, that would have tipped my balance to the Advance. But an incrementally better sound system and adaptive dampers on an already good ride was just not enough for me, personally.
Old 10-07-2018, 12:52 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 276 Likes on 180 Posts
I'm still dumbfounded that you need to pick one or the other. Whoever thought making the A-Spec a trim instead of an appearance package available on both the Tech and Advance trims should have been summarily shown the door. I get that Acura's entire strategy is to minimize build combinations to keep costs low, but this isn't the best way to do that. At minimum, you should be able to special order an Advance A-Spec. I think a sizable percentage of forum members here would have done exactly that.
The following 3 users liked this post by HotRodW:
RDX10 (10-08-2018), romer (10-07-2018), zroger73 (10-08-2018)
Old 10-07-2018, 12:56 PM
2022 MDX Advanced

Originally Posted by HotRodW
I'm still dumbfounded that you need to pick one or the other. Whoever thought making the A-Spec a trim instead of an appearance package available on both the Tech and Advance trims should have been summarily shown the door. I get that Acura's entire strategy is to minimize build combinations to keep costs low, but this isn't the best way to do that. At minimum, you should be able to special order an Advance A-Spec. I think a sizable percentage of forum members here would have done exactly that.
While I completely agree, it is, what it is. I would hold out another year to see if that might change in 2020, but alas, I need to buy before year end.

Think im leaning modern grey advanced with the 20” accessory wheels. Not as ideal, but still looks sporty.
Old 10-07-2018, 12:58 PM
Racer

Received 180 Likes on 138 Posts
Originally Posted by joeliu2003
Hi All,

Looking for guidence on how to make the decision between these two trims.

I love the exterior (black trim, larger black rims, larger exhaust tips) of the ASpec, but don’t love the no HUD and no Heated steering wheel. Also wonder what the benefit of the active dampers are - is it significant?

i was only able to drive an ASpec, but interested to hear from owners of either trim.

Also learned that now owning any Honda qualifies you for a $1K conquest credit on new RDXs. Pleasantly surprised by that.

Any thoughts?

Thanks!
Joe
You can also add the heated steering wheel as an accessory for the A-Spec model
Old 10-07-2018, 01:05 PM
Instructor

Received 62 Likes on 38 Posts
I had the Advance for the second generation RDX (can't recall what I had on the first generation RDX--that was 2008) and loved it. So stayed with it on the 2019. This car is fabulous. Really fun to drive. I've learned my way through most of the technology and all its features. The sound system is the best ever for me. HUD is really nice. We have it in my wife's 2014 Mazda so it was something I liked. On and on it goes. You'll enjoy this car whatever you decide.
Old 10-07-2018, 04:04 PM
Instructor

Received 35 Likes on 19 Posts
I went with the a-spec, it has a ton of features and looks 10x better than all of the other trims, inside and outside.

The base, tech, advanced parked next to each other all look the same. In 1-2 years there will be a sea of 3G RDXs on the road and 98% of them will all look identical. Plus anything with chrome exterior is out for me.

Old 10-07-2018, 04:31 PM
-- Instructor --

Received 70 Likes on 37 Posts
I went with the Advance in gunmetal and the 20" diamond cut wheels. Should have it in my driveway a week from Tuesday.

Good luck and congratulations on what RDX you decide on.

regards-----------

The following users liked this post:
russianDude (10-13-2018)
Old 10-07-2018, 04:45 PM
Drifting

FWIW, only the cognoscenti can see the difference in the Aspec trim vs. the others. Heck, most people cant tell the difference between the RDX and MDX without looking at the badge.
Old 10-07-2018, 05:00 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 257 Likes on 177 Posts
For me it's always 'function first' which put the Advance at the top of my list. The one thing it has that no other trim offers is the height adjustable rear hatch (a must have for me) - everything else is a bonus. Add to that I absolutely hate black wheels which made it easy to eliminate the A-Spec before I even saw one in person.
Old 10-07-2018, 05:07 PM
Instructor

Received 35 Likes on 19 Posts
Originally Posted by MI-RDX
For me it's always 'function first' which put the Advance at the top of my list. The one thing it has that no other trim offers is the height adjustable rear hatch (a must have for me) - everything else is a bonus. Add to that I absolutely hate black wheels which made it easy to eliminate the A-Spec before I even saw one in person.
FYI the a-spec has a height adjustable hatch also, along with ventilated seats, 16 speaker ELS, LED fogs, and a few other bonuses over the standard tech package. I’d argue the 20” wheels provide an improvement in handling, so it’s not strictly an appearance package, as some others have said.

Last edited by tobey457; 10-07-2018 at 05:21 PM.
Old 10-07-2018, 05:17 PM
2022 MDX Advanced

Thanks everyone for the thoughts.

Youve confirmed my initial leaning that the Advanced is the way to go. The ASpec was impressive in person and the dealer sold it really well, but ultimately I think I’d be happier with the Advanced.

Going gun gun metal grey with the 20” wheels.

Appreciate the input!

Joe
The following 2 users liked this post by joeliu2003:
Curious3GTL (10-08-2018), zroger73 (10-08-2018)
Old 10-07-2018, 05:19 PM
Racer

Received 73 Likes on 43 Posts
I'm on the same dilemma. Go Advanced or go ASPEC .I think for me, I want all the goods including the dampers. I don't want to put for just a visual package especially when they do nothing for performance. Why pay for it? It's just looks, no function.

By the way, how are the dampers on the advanced?
Old 10-07-2018, 05:20 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 257 Likes on 177 Posts
Originally Posted by tobey457

the a-spec has a height adjustable hatch also.
Hmm, so it does. Appears it's on all trims - I must have gotten it confused with the hands-free function which is the next line down on the exterior features. Too many things to digest at one time. Would still have gone with the Advance.
Old 10-07-2018, 10:11 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 875 Likes on 669 Posts
Originally Posted by HotRodW
RIGHT?!?! By far the stupidest idea ever. A-Spec should absolutely have been a package and NOT a trim level. Such backwards thinking. Have they not heard of M-Sport and AMG appearance package and S-line, and V-Sport....literally so backwards to make it a trim.

As for the OP. In Canada the difference between A-Spec and Advance (Elite in Canada) aside from the obvious looks-based stuff is almost nothing except heated rear seats and wood trim.

The difference between Elite-Platinum and A-Spec is a bit larger. Main items are HUD, 16 way seats, Adaptive dampeners, and around view camera with rear cam washer (BRILLIANT). Thankfully the A-Spec is pretty loaded here and has the 16 speaker els system, cooled seats, heated steering wheel...the main important stuff.

I don't care about the adaptive dampeners given Acuras tumultuous history with them on the MDX. I also don't care for the surround view camera. I am however bummed and shocked that the A-Spec doesn't have 16 way seats or HUD ON THE SPORTY MODEL.

Funny enough they don't mention leather in any of the packages so I was under the assumption base RDXs also had leather here.

Old 10-07-2018, 10:19 PM
Advanced

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
I bought the Metallic Steel Aspec, woulnd't even look at the advance, chrome trim is blah, but to each their own, don't know what I am missing from the Advance, but I am pretty sure I don't need it.
Old 10-07-2018, 11:16 PM
Advanced

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Test drove the Advanced because I thought I wanted the HUD - didn't enjoy it as much as I thought I would. Ended up with a Red/Black A-Spec because I loved the wheels and it reminds me of a gundam. Also the interior LED's are all changed to red which as we all know results in a faster vehicle.
Old 10-08-2018, 07:12 AM
Racer

Received 31 Likes on 29 Posts
Originally Posted by oz13ms
Test drove the Advanced because I thought I wanted the HUD - didn't enjoy it as much as I thought I would. Ended up with a Red/Black A-Spec because I loved the wheels and it reminds me of a gundam. Also the interior LED's are all changed to red which as we all know results in a faster vehicle.
I don't have HUD but is it true that you dont see it with polarizer sunglasses ?

I would go for Advance trim, lot of good options. 16 Speaker audio system, LED fog lights, surround-view camera, acoustic front side glass, adaptive dampers, heated back seats - just to name few ones. If you are ok spending few $$ more, go with Advance - my $0.02
Old 10-08-2018, 07:36 AM
10th Gear

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I was facing the same decision. Just picked up my AWD Advance metallic steel with ebony interior 2 days ago. Extremely happy with the decision. the HUD is awesome (at least for me and I can see it with the sunglasses on but not quite as easy without the polarization; just turn up the brightness; wish there was a daytime/nightime switch); I believe it drives a little smoother than the Aspec. Note, I could not do a side by side driving experience so going from memory. I think it is more of a difference with the 20" wheels compared to the 19" which gives a slightly more smoother ride and at least for me, no real differentiation in performance. note, I am mostly highway driving and not pushing either car. I think each person's driving style and vehicle drive mode settings will be the primary factor in truly detecting a difference.

the 360 camera was also well worth the upgrade. I have to squeeze 3 cars into the garage and having the front/side camera views as an aide is great. This is not something I would overlook if it is an important feature you might think you would use.

Also in one of my other posts, I found the red spedom and tach very difficult to see on the silver backdrop. The advance is gray/blue shades and far easier on my eyes.

the best part, either choice is a great choice. Enjoy the ride once it arrives. I am up to 300 miles in 1.5 days and no problems so far.
B25Nut (10-09-2018)
Old 10-08-2018, 07:42 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 1,092 Likes on 714 Posts
Originally Posted by Coolguy
I don't have HUD but is it true that you dont see it with polarizer sunglasses ?

I would go for Advance trim, lot of good options. 16 Speaker audio system, LED fog lights, surround-view camera, acoustic front side glass, adaptive dampers, heated back seats - just to name few ones. If you are ok spending few $$ more, go with Advance - my $0.02
Not true! I wear polarized sunglasses and I can see the HUD. It is dimmer than without but clearly visible. I have the brightness cranked all the way up as well.

Advanced was the way to go for me.. I don't care about blacked out rims, I'd prefer chrome rims cuz I'm old school
Old 10-08-2018, 09:39 AM
Pro

Received 227 Likes on 140 Posts
The A-Spec should handle and accelerate slightly better because of the tire and wheel package. The A-Spec's tires are 10" wide vs. 9.3" wide on the other trims. This should provide a larger contact patch for better grip and less sidewall flex for better handling. The diameter is also 4.1% less which provides a mechanical advantage that should help acceleration. The downside to the 20" wheels is a bit stiffer ride and more road noise since there is less rubber between the wheel and the pavement.

Ideally, Acura could offer an Advance trim with the A-Spec appearance package, but they don't so buyers must choose what's more important - looks or features. It's easier to change the looks of the vehicle than it is to add features.

I found plenty of A-Spec and Technology trims while I was shopping and very few Advance trims, but I chose the Advance trim. If I'm going to spend $40-something thousand dollars on a vehicle, I'm going to spend a little more and get every available feature so there will be less room for regret later.

As far as Advance features that the A-Spec lacks:

Head-Up Display - I made it through owning 26 other vehicles without a head-up display, but I like having one. It's sort of like a "virtual hood ornament" (something I miss from my childhood) - and it's useful. It keeps my eyes on the road more often.
Surround View Camera System - This feature is invaluable for inching up to curbs or into tight spaces or letting you peak around the corners since the cameras have perspectives that you don't from the driver's seat.
Rain-Sensing Windshield Wipers - How did I ever live without these? They all but eliminate having to constantly adjust the wipers in variable rainfall.
Curve-Adaptive Low Beam Headlights - These don't seem to be advertised, but one LED in each headlight assembly brightens during cornering in proportion to the steering angle to provide a bit more light. The effect is subtle, but it works.
Power Thigh Extension and Side Bolsters - The thigh extension doesn't do much (for me), but I love being able adjust the side bolsters. I would expect these features on the A-Spec and not the Advance, but I'm glad they're there!
Heated Rear Seats - I like that my rear passengers can keep their backsides toasty, too.
Heated Steering Wheel - Even though I live in a warmer climate, I LOVE having a heated steering wheel.
Hands-Free Tailgate - Having a power tailgate is convenient, but being able to kick under the bumper to open or close it while both hands are full is so convenient.
Acoustic Front Side Glass - All other trims have only an acoustic front windshield. The Advance trim extends this to the front side windows for a quieter cabin.
Rear Camera Washer - Tired of seeing a distorted image due to dirt, water, or ice on the backup camera? Just activate the rear wiper washer and the camera gets a spray!
Real Wood Trim - I think all luxury models should use real wood.

To me, the extra $1,900 difference in price from the A-Spec to the Advance was a no-brainer.

I do like the aluminum pedals and black headliner in the A-Spec, though.
Old 10-08-2018, 10:54 AM
Racer

Originally Posted by Stew4HD
Not true! I wear polarized sunglasses and I can see the HUD. It is dimmer than without but clearly visible. I have the brightness cranked all the way up as well.

Advanced was the way to go for me.. I don't care about blacked out rims, I'd prefer chrome rims cuz I'm old school
totally agree with rim .. blackout is bit more aggressive for me.
Old 10-08-2018, 12:15 PM
Instructor

Received 70 Likes on 36 Posts
I went Advance; the reason being that I wanted the quietest experience. Period. After owning a fairly loud & rattly car, I wanted something more quiet.

There's extra sound dampening within the frame compared to the other models, and the front driver & passenger windows have the Acoustic Frontside Glass.
Old 10-08-2018, 12:58 PM
Pro

Originally Posted by zroger73
As far as Advance features that the A-Spec lacks:

Head-Up Display - I made it through owning 26 other vehicles without a head-up display, but I like having one. It's sort of like a "virtual hood ornament" (something I miss from my childhood) - and it's useful. It keeps my eyes on the road more often.
Surround View Camera System - This feature is invaluable for inching up to curbs or into tight spaces or letting you peak around the corners since the cameras have perspectives that you don't from the driver's seat.
Rain-Sensing Windshield Wipers - How did I ever live without these? They all but eliminate having to constantly adjust the wipers in variable rainfall.
Curve-Adaptive Low Beam Headlights - These don't seem to be advertised, but one LED in each headlight assembly brightens during cornering in proportion to the steering angle to provide a bit more light. The effect is subtle, but it works.
Power Thigh Extension and Side Bolsters - The thigh extension doesn't do much (for me), but I love being able adjust the side bolsters. I would expect these features on the A-Spec and not the Advance, but I'm glad they're there!
Heated Rear Seats - I like that my rear passengers can keep their backsides toasty, too.
Heated Steering Wheel - Even though I live in a warmer climate, I LOVE having a heated steering wheel.
Hands-Free Tailgate - Having a power tailgate is convenient, but being able to kick under the bumper to open or close it while both hands are full is so convenient.
Acoustic Front Side Glass - All other trims have only an acoustic front windshield. The Advance trim extends this to the front side windows for a quieter cabin.
Rear Camera Washer - Tired of seeing a distorted image due to dirt, water, or ice on the backup camera? Just activate the rear wiper washer and the camera gets a spray!
Real Wood Trim - I think all luxury models should use real wood.
And a few more that I missed. (I don't like how this forum locks you out of editing posts.)

Side Dimming Mirrors - They automatically dim with the rearview mirror.
Additional Sound Insulation - Makes the Advance the quietest trim.
Adaptive Dampers - Want a smoother and more isolated and relaxed ride? Choose "Comfort" mode. Want to feel the road? Choose "Sport+" mode. For a good balance, choose "Sport".
Satin Brushed Stainless Steel Tailgate Interior Garnish
Old 10-08-2018, 02:24 PM
Suzuka Master

And a few more that I missed. (I don't like how this forum locks you out of editing posts.)

Side Dimming Mirrors - They automatically dim with the rearview mirror.
Additional Sound Insulation - Makes the Advance the quietest trim.
Adaptive Dampers - Want a smoother and more isolated and relaxed ride? Choose "Comfort" mode. Want to feel the road? Choose "Sport+" mode. For a good balance, choose "Sport".
Satin Brushed Stainless Steel Tailgate Interior Garnish
Did not know they even offered auto dimming side mirrors! WOW Acura has really stepped up their game! Lexus levels of quality and features! The one thing I would have liked to see would be an electronically adjusting steering wheel, at least on the top trims. Many Kias and fords have it, Murano has had it for over a decade. It's a small thing but really adds to the experience.
Old 10-08-2018, 02:37 PM
Pro

Originally Posted by RDX10
Did not know they even offered auto dimming side mirrors! WOW Acura has really stepped up their game! Lexus levels of quality and features! The one thing I would have liked to see would be an electronically adjusting steering wheel, at least on the top trims. Many Kias and fords have it, Murano has had it for over a decade. It's a small thing but really adds to the experience.
I had an Infiniti several years ago with power tilt and telescope. While I never move my steering wheel after an initial adjustment, it was a much more elegant and safe solution than reaching underneath the steering column and moving a big lever. I'd also like to have self-closing doors like BMW, but I guess the line has to be drawn somewhere.
Old 10-08-2018, 03:05 PM
2022 MDX Advanced

This is what forums are all about - appreciate all the input. Very helpful.

I agree it’s mostly a decision between appearance and features and I’m definitely leaning towards the features side of things.
zroger73 (10-08-2018)
Old 10-08-2018, 03:49 PM
Suzuka Master

I had an Infiniti several years ago with power tilt and telescope. While I never move my steering wheel after an initial adjustment, it was a much more elegant and safe solution than reaching underneath the steering column and moving a big lever. I'd also like to have self-closing doors like BMW, but I guess the line has to be drawn somewhere.
Yeah I don't really move the steering wheel either after initial adjustment but the thing with power adjustable steering wheels is that first off they offer way more positions. Some steering wheels adjust in really ridiculous increments that skip way too far. The second bonus is that it allows manufacturers to program easy exit features where the seat slides back and the steering wheel tilts up and in to make more room when getting in and out.

My dad has a Hyundai Veracruz Limited with this feature and it really does add to the user experience. Really elevates the luxury feel. As for soft close doors, I had them in my 2008 X5, I didn't really care for them to be honest. I'd say we gotta draw the line there lmao.

zroger73 (10-08-2018)
Old 10-08-2018, 04:19 PM
Drifting

The power adjusting steering wheel also allows it to be included in the two-driver profile, so the seats, the sideview mirrors, and the steering wheel all adjust based on which driver opens the door. Very convenient.
RDX10 (10-08-2018)
Old 10-08-2018, 05:47 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by Madd Dog
The power adjusting steering wheel also allows it to be included in the two-driver profile, so the seats, the sideview mirrors, and the steering wheel all adjust based on which driver opens the door. Very convenient.
Oh yeah!! Good point, I was between cars at one point so was sharing my dads Veracruz and the memory seats with auto adjusting of everything including the wheel was a god send because my dad is like 5'6 and I'm 6'2.
Old 10-08-2018, 06:03 PM
Drifting

Originally Posted by RDX10
Oh yeah!! Good point, I was between cars at one point so was sharing my dads Veracruz and the memory seats with auto adjusting of everything including the wheel was a god send because my dad is like 5'6 and I'm 6'2.

AFAIK, it does not work that way in the Advance. It is just another possibility.

It did work that way in my prior car, so it was my wife who benefitted when she drove my car.
Old 10-08-2018, 07:47 PM
Suzuka Master

AFAIK, it does not work that way in the Advance. It is just another possibility.

It did work that way in my prior car, so it was my wife who benefitted when she drove my car.
Oh I know, it doesn't have a power adjusting steering wheel lmao.
Old 10-09-2018, 01:09 AM
Drifting

Received 586 Likes on 432 Posts
The A-Spec should handle and accelerate slightly better because of the tire and wheel package. The A-Spec's tires are 10" wide vs. 9.3" wide on the other trims. This should provide a larger contact patch for better grip and less sidewall flex for better handling. The diameter is also 4.1% less which provides a mechanical advantage that should help acceleration. The downside to the 20" wheels is a bit stiffer ride and more road noise since there is less rubber between the wheel and the pavement.
A-spec might have a bit more maximum cornering grip on glass-smooth pavement, but the more advanced active suspension of the Advance may close the gap by keeping the rubber on the road in less than ideal road conditions.

This poor horse needs to be put out of its misery, but if anything there might be a slight acceleration advantage to the smaller wheel diameter of Advance vs A-spec, because of less overall angular momentum. But the overall tire diameter should be about the same, so there is no difference in effective "gear ratio" ( final drive ratio ). Look at the "revs per mile" specs for the respective tires ( eg. on Tire Rack ) for the most accurate comparison; this takes into account the compression of the bottom of the tire as it rolls.
Old 10-09-2018, 06:04 AM
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
FWIW, only the cognoscenti can see the difference in the Aspec trim vs. the others. Heck, most people cant tell the difference between the RDX and MDX without looking at the badge.
Madd Dog, I love most of your thinking on this car, but everyone I have shown both models (A-spec vs Non A-spec) immediately pick the A-spec as the more attractive car. I have to agree with one of the original posts regarding the absolute frustration that you cannot get the Advance trim with A-spec as an appearance. All of my coworkers included. It is basically 20-0 for the A-spec visual appearance. But there is another user on the forums that got his chrome blacked out, and changed wheels, so that might be the direction I take. I am 51, wife is 48. Two kids in late teens. I took them to dealership on a Sunday to look over all of the RDX's without salesman interference. A-spec was like a magnet for all of them too. But you know...maybe I save a little money by getting non Acura wheels (Advance wheels are the worst looking of all options through Acura).

Maybe I just wait until next Summer to see if they provide some different color options as well. I am content to wait a bit longer, since I am not in dire need of a vehicle. I just love the new RDX specs at that price point.
Old 10-09-2018, 06:44 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 147 Likes on 112 Posts
Some one said it, they guy who made the decision to make Aspec a model instead of an appearance package should be shown the door. At the very minimum, make the outside black trim available, not too crazy about the Aspec interior and colors.
Old 10-09-2018, 07:10 AM
Racer

and there comes plastidip handy for exterior blackout
Chris Johnson (10-09-2018)
Old 10-09-2018, 07:10 AM
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by acuraada
Some one said it, they guy who made the decision to make Aspec a model instead of an appearance package should be shown the door. At the very minimum, make the outside black trim available, not too crazy about the Aspec interior and colors.
Agree about the interior color options. The red leather as the ONLY option for the Modern Steel color A-spec is ludicrous, The red is a very polarizing color for leather seats. So at the very least they should always provide a more balanced 2nd color option. Interestingly, when I was hyped up, they had an MSM A-spec Sh-AWD of the lot of a dealership my wife and I visited, It was the first A-spec I saw in person...but when we walked up and looked through the windows and saw that red seat....NOPE. That was the what got me to go to the build website to see other options for that color and there were none, unless you wanted a non-Aspec trim. /sigh

on that note, the new A-spec MDX has a different version of the red leather seats that uses a much smaller patch of red mixed combined with the black. It looks much more acceptable to me if I was limited to that one option.

Quick Reply: ASpec vs Advanced - Tough Decision