Anyone check out Acura Care or Acura Service Agreements?

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2018, 05:44 PM
WayTooManyAcuras

Received 481 Likes on 223 Posts
Question Anyone check out Acura Care or Acura Service Agreements?

I was just wondering with the Turbo and all if it might not be a bad idea to ask about these when my 19 RDX comes in and I'm in the pit with The Finance Guy. I will of course turn down the window etching, the paint protection, the wheel/rim replacement, and all of the other crap that they try to get you to buy because "it only adds a few dollars to the payment" and a few bucks for The Finance Guy.

Does anyone have any experience with either of these programs?

Thanks
Old 06-04-2018, 08:28 PM
Pro

Received 218 Likes on 135 Posts
Originally Posted by oblio98
I was just wondering with the Turbo and all if it might not be a bad idea to ask about these when my 19 RDX comes in and I'm in the pit with The Finance Guy. I will of course turn down the window etching, the paint protection, the wheel/rim replacement, and all of the other crap that they try to get you to buy because "it only adds a few dollars to the payment" and a few bucks for The Finance Guy.

Does anyone have any experience with either of these programs?

Thanks
Good question... I'm going to budget $2,500 for an extended warranty just in case I decide I should get one (don't know if that's enough, hence the goodness of your question).

My current almost-paid-off '17 RDX is well under 36K and will be when I buy in October-ish, so I sure am glad I didn't get an extended warranty with it. I did buy a dealer-specific maintenance plan (6 included oil changes -- which is crazy because the maintenance minder has only gone off for an oil change, lube, and tire rotation maybe twice since I got the car ~18 months ago -- and a few other service coupons). That's on top of the free first 6 oil changes the dealer gave. So even for this dealer plan, it seems like I wasted the money buying it.

Hopefully someone can speak to your question.

Last edited by birdonamission; 06-04-2018 at 08:30 PM.
The following users liked this post:
firstacura19 (08-13-2018)