Any negative points?

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2018, 02:39 PM
Hello World

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Any negative points?

Let me be clear: The new RDX looks like a real winner to me.
But when shopping for a new vehicle it can be easy to be seduced by the positive points to and miss some negative points.
Some people have more experience and/or are better at noticing small details when test driving a vehicle.
Some people will have the chance to drive it for a longer ride.
The point of this thread is not to ask for more colors or for a 6 cyl. engine.
Any negative points you noticed?
I think it could be an interesting conversation.
The following users liked this post:
RDL1 (05-05-2018)
Old 05-04-2018, 03:06 PM
There are four lights!

Received 215 Likes on 124 Posts
I did mention this in a previous thread, but it looks like the RDX still has two incandescent lights on an almost all LED exterior. I'm hoping the inner housing with the 3 rectangles are the LED turn signals and that single bulb is just the reverse light. If the reverse light is incandescent, I can live with that as that's easy to swap to LED.

Old 05-04-2018, 06:40 PM
Advanced

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts
Deal breaker...next!
GW208 (05-04-2018)
Old 05-04-2018, 06:56 PM
Car Crazy for Sure!

Received 432 Likes on 299 Posts
Positives and Negatives

Originally Posted by ultramart
But when shopping for a new vehicle it can be easy to be seduced by the positive points to and miss some negative points.
Some people have more experience and/or are better at noticing small details when test driving a vehicle.
Interesting that you brought this up, since I have owned well over 60 vehicles and well over 30 have been new ones. I have often talked about this with others. First....I love cars/suv's/ trucks. I am a "car guy." One thing I have learned
there are NO perfect vehicles, period! I've like so many of the vehicles I've owned...some more than others, but, they have all had negatives. It's that way with any vehicle. I know that if everyone is honest, and you asked them about their
most favored vehicle ever owned..."what was the one thing you would have changed with that vehicle?"....they would come up with something. Oh, I know...there are some exceptions and you may find someone saying.."nothing."

But, I make 2 lists....either in my head or may write them down...on the positives of a new vehicle I may want and the negatives. IF the positive list is definitely longer than the negative list, then I'm probably liking the car a lot and
may "go for it." It does have to hit the marks that I am looking for that just must be there. I have hit a new "issue" with Honda Motor Corp and that is their now extensive use of the electronic "push button" auto trans shifting. I hate it!!
Will never like it no matter what anyone says. So, I had to "give in" to that shifter...on my new TLS A-Spec since I liked so many other things about the car. But, I do "grit my teeth" each time I start it up..and look down at those stupid
shifting buttons. I KNOW there are many people out there that don't like that system. Even car testers and auto mag. writers talk about how they really are terrible...not intuitive, etc.

So, sometimes you have to give a lot IF you are getting MOST of what you want.
pilozm (07-24-2018)
Old 05-04-2018, 07:15 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by ultramart
The biggest knock people are going to have on it is the push button shifter.

The following 4 users liked this post by 19RDX:
Colorado Guy AF Ret. (05-04-2018), GW208 (05-04-2018), kurtatx (05-09-2018), mrgold35 (05-07-2018)
Old 05-04-2018, 08:03 PM
Racer

Received 110 Likes on 75 Posts
Originally Posted by 19RDX

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TH5YYBIcUEE
This looks a little more complicated than I'd hoped, why on earth should you have to worry about car wash mode?
The following 3 users liked this post by GW208:
Colorado Guy AF Ret. (05-04-2018), pilozm (07-24-2018), RDX10 (05-08-2018)
Old 05-04-2018, 10:09 PM
MTD
Racer

Received 111 Likes on 59 Posts
Buttons in P-R-N-D order how couldnt it be any less intuitive? I have the push buttons in my TLX and my MDX and whenever I drive a normal car with an auto shift lever it feels cumbersome.
Old 05-05-2018, 01:53 AM
Summer is Coming

Received 647 Likes on 373 Posts
The biggest negative point for the 19 RDX is Acura themselves. What will Acura do when there is an issue with this first year car? If history and any guide they will deny, blame the owner, delay, do whatever it takes to avoid addressing it for as long as they can get away with it. After a year or two they will quietly fix it in the next model year or at the MMC, and hope that they don't have to fix the first year cars. This is why I won't buy a 1st year Acura. Made that mistake, won't make it again. I know full well there are many that will buy the car and I hope all goes well. But the best advice I could give to those thinking about the 19 RDX is just wait. But wait for the 2020 car. Even waiting towards the end of the 19 RDX run is not long enough.
The following 3 users liked this post by Rocket_man:
CheeseyPoofs McNut (05-08-2018), Gen4MDX (06-03-2018), RDL1 (05-05-2018)
Old 05-05-2018, 07:04 AM
Intermediate

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by Rocket_man
The biggest negative point for the 19 RDX is Acura themselves. What will Acura do when there is an issue with this first year car? If history and any guide they will deny, blame the owner, delay, do whatever it takes to avoid addressing it for as long as they can get away with it. After a year or two they will quietly fix it in the next model year or at the MMC, and hope that they don't have to fix the first year cars. This is why I won't buy a 1st year Acura. Made that mistake, won't make it again. I know full well there are many that will buy the car and I hope all goes well. But the best advice I could give to those thinking about the 19 RDX is just wait. But wait for the 2020 car. Even waiting towards the end of the 19 RDX run is not long enough.
Thanks for the advice since I'm new to Acura and thinking about the RDX. I would like to add however, I think this is true to many companies these days, not just Acura. Any first year model can be a disaster, and is risky. I have bought several first year models, and it was a pain taking them back and forth often for not big problems, but for little ones to the dealer.
I had a Lexus, bought the first year model of the car, and had a big problem, and of course they said, this is so rare for Lexus. They did take care of it, but I was without a brand new expensive ride for 3 weeks, and a ride you would not expect this happening with. I can say that the customer service was excellent, and went out of their way to keep me happy. I learned from that episode even with the great customer care, that I will wait a year or two years ( even better ) for a new model for the kinks to hopefully be out. It is very hard to do when you really want to get it now, but the end result can keep one much happier.

Last edited by RDL1; 05-05-2018 at 07:14 AM.
Old 05-05-2018, 08:59 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 229 Likes on 204 Posts
One thing in its favor is that you're basically getting a preview year for the engine/transmission by way of the 2018 Accord. There is a ton of overlap, so watch the Accord for potential early issues for the new RDX.
19RDX (05-05-2018)
Old 05-05-2018, 09:33 AM
Instructor

Received 24 Likes on 19 Posts
One thing on my negative list is the lack of evidence of a 3rd climate zone for rear seat passengers.
Old 05-05-2018, 09:45 AM
Drifting

Received 1,024 Likes on 714 Posts
Originally Posted by 19RDX
Thanks for the video. As it happens, my wife still has trouble with the electronic shifter on my BMW. She doesn't drive it that often, so has not gotten used to it, but she still has trouble. Car wash mode is a bit unclear in that it does not say what happens if you just leave it in neutral with the engine running. Does it revert to Park after 15 minutes as well? When the car is released and the owners manual gets posted that will be something I will look for.

Next, I don't like it that the auto wipers can be left in the 'on' position all the time. I much prefer actively putting the auto wipers on.
Old 05-05-2018, 01:43 PM
Nuke

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
For me the main negative may be questionable reliability issues and bugs with the first generation and in addition the extra cost of premium fuel. Having said that, I am the owner of a 2004 TSX, purchased in the spring of 2003...one of the first to arrive on our shores. I did not put myself on a waiting list at that time but quickly purchased after I test drove a few times when the dealers had demos. Still was able to negotiate around a $1000. discount. The TSX had been previously proven throughout other countries as the Honda Accord however. The car has been reliable, peppy and comfortable with just over 200000 km on it now and I was about to purchase a Honda CRV this summer to replace my wife's Nissan XTrail, (similar to the CRV, never sold in the US but popular throughout other areas of the world.). I drove the new CRV extensively on the highway, in the city, etc on a few occasions...probably drove sales staff crazy but his is what I do, nice comfortable vehicle with adequate power . I also drove the Mazda CX5 and Volvo XC40. The TSX will stay with us and also will be used in a trip to the west coast and to Northern BC this summer. Will wait and see, likely deferring a decision until next winter. THere were several issues with the update of the CRV....vibration etc and this took a year or two to work out.
Old 05-05-2018, 03:31 PM
Racer

Received 72 Likes on 59 Posts
1. Push button shifter.
2. Larger size.
3. High beltline = visibility not great.
Old 05-05-2018, 03:49 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by samiam_68
1. Push button shifter.
2. Larger size.
3. High beltline = visibility not great.
1. Agree
2. I'm coming from a full-size SUV and prefer the larger size.
3. I set my side mirrors so I can see my blind spots so this is not really an issue to me.

geocord (05-27-2018)
Old 05-05-2018, 04:08 PM
Instructor

Received 55 Likes on 34 Posts
I have a question for any Acura / Honda owners . Is it true that the Acura / Honda SUV always has reliability issues in their transmission / engines . I was talking to this guy that purported he is a car expert and he was talking about how unreliable Acura SUV transmission (MDX and RDX) and he advice me to buy a Lexus / Toyota instead of an Acura / Honda
Old 05-05-2018, 06:08 PM
Drifting

We got 160K miles out of our 2003 CRV with no major issues of any kind. I had to convince my daughter to replace it when she got a new job with a commute. She got a 2015 CRV it has a bit over 60K miles on it, and not a problem in sight.
Old 05-05-2018, 09:09 PM
Pro

Received 56 Likes on 49 Posts
Originally Posted by dcmod
I have a question for any Acura / Honda owners . Is it true that the Acura / Honda SUV always has reliability issues in their transmission / engines . I was talking to this guy that purported he is a car expert and he was talking about how unreliable Acura SUV transmission (MDX and RDX) and he advice me to buy a Lexus / Toyota instead of an Acura / Honda
Always? I would never say always, but I have not been happy with our 16's transmission (we have 47k miles). Very irregular and jerky at times, sometimes smooth. It is particularly bad in the morning when cold. Many times it has very rough downshifts. I have said this many times before, but my '11 Tacoma's 4-sp auto is much smoother and consistent.
Old 05-06-2018, 12:56 AM
Advanced

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
I am coming from the BMW shifting system, so I'm not really concerned about that (but that video was an eye-opener...Car Wash Mode is something I'd never want to think about!). I am coming from a super-reliable (not one single issue) 2015 535 to looking at smaller SUV alternatives. I had a few issues with my 2010 MDX
but the biggest thing that I hated about the MDX was the terrible infotainment/bluetooth system. Hoping that the crew that designed that system has moved on. I am looking at the X3, Mazda CX-5 and the RDX.
Old 05-06-2018, 01:07 AM
Car Crazy for Sure!

Always?? -- Trans issues????

Originally Posted by dcmod
That "so called expert" has butterflies in his cranium. Since I'm a long standing member of this world....and a car guy....I've probably owned more Hondas and Acuras combined than anyone here. Not a bragging issue....just has been
my car buying life....and a long one at that. I just totaled up 17 Hondas and Acuras. All bought new. NEVER a trans problem. Hardly any problems period. That's why I purchased so many Honda Motor Corp. vehicles. Reliability.
Do some owners have mechanical problems. Of course. These machines are.....mechanical. But, they sure hold together much better than most...and their resale value holds strong. And, I've known many friends that have owned
many also. Do I put many miles on my vehicles? Generally no. But, out of those 17 I can count on one hand how many "issues" or warranty claims I've had.

In comparison...I've had brand new...not even taken home yet....vehicles that were "broke" when I test drove them. One had a bad engine! The dealer had to give me a new "like" vehicle and I had to wait a LONG time for a new engine
to come from Europe and then replace the block. That was a Ford. Also had another Ford product with VERY LOW miles that the manual trans was bad...as well as the flywheel and clutch. Ford didn't have a fix and bought my car
back. I could go on about American made cars, but I won't.

So...NO...from someone that has experience with over 60 cars owned and over 30 new ones.....it is NOT a "norm" for Hondas/Acuras to have trans problems. Didn't say they haven't....2015 TLX is a good example. But, my 9 speed Acura
is great. Trans is smooth, shifts easily and knows when to be in the right gear...for the most part. All my 6-speed auto trans Hondas and Acuras have been great auto trannies. No complaints.
Old 05-06-2018, 02:17 AM
Pro

Received 157 Likes on 136 Posts
push button shifter is easy to use. folks, it isnt rocket science.
a35tl (05-07-2018)
Old 05-06-2018, 02:40 AM
Summer is Coming

Received 647 Likes on 373 Posts
Originally Posted by HDNBenjamin
I actually prefer mine over the stick shifter. It takes a few days to get used to it but it is faster to manipulate and I never have to look down or at the dash to know what mode I'm in. I can feel the buttons and know which one I'm pressing or pulling. And it leaves that space a little more open and free of the shifter.
Old 05-06-2018, 08:45 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 276 Likes on 180 Posts
It's not about being difficult to use. It's about changing something for the sake of change. It doesn't free up console space or improve the car in any meaningful way. It's a gimmick, and a completely unnecessary one.
The following 5 users liked this post by HotRodW:
Colorado Guy AF Ret. (05-06-2018), mrgold35 (05-07-2018), nothome17 (06-18-2018), pilozm (07-24-2018), RDX10 (05-08-2018)
Old 05-06-2018, 11:27 AM
Pro

Received 56 Likes on 49 Posts
Originally Posted by HotRodW
It's not about being difficult to use. It's about changing something for the sake of change. It doesn't free up console space or improve the car in any meaningful way. It's a gimmick, and a completely unnecessary one.
Exactly. What exactly does the push button system bring to the table? How is it any better than the stick in the current gen RDX? When I had an MDX loaner for a few days I can assure you I never had a moment when I thought "I sure wish my RDX had this push button interface." Quite the contrary I was glad my car doesn't have the button interface.
The following 2 users liked this post by chickdr:
Colorado Guy AF Ret. (05-06-2018), RDX10 (05-08-2018)
Old 05-06-2018, 11:51 AM
Instructor

Received 24 Likes on 19 Posts
Originally Posted by chickdr
Exactly. What exactly does the push button system bring to the table? How is it any better than the stick in the current gen RDX? When I had an MDX loaner for a few days I can assure you I never had a moment when I thought "I sure wish my RDX had this push button interface." Quite the contrary I was glad my car doesn't have the button interface.
Agreed, it's the kind of feature that causes some potential customers to walk away from the car and attracts zero new customers because of it. It's a net loss for Acura.
RDX10 (05-08-2018)
Old 05-06-2018, 08:13 PM
Cruisin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
This thread is unnecessary; we bought one of the first 2012 RDX available and have no issues mechanically, other than the Takata air bag recall; which took a while but has been completed. The hardest decision will be decided when we park ours next to the 2019; the one we have now might look better than the new one
Old 05-06-2018, 09:34 PM
Car Crazy for Sure!

Originally Posted by DACAR
This thread is unnecessary; we bought one of the first 2012 RDX available and have no issues mechanically, other than the Takata air bag recall; which took a while but has been completed. The hardest decision will be decided when we park ours next to the 2019; the one we have now might look better than the new one
Why is it unnecessary? It's not just about the first year of a new model makeover and that in itself is bad. Although some folks think it is. It's about what "we" are seeing...at this point....on what's been done to the new RDX and what we
may not like or do not want. Just because you had a good experience with your RDX...doesn't mean this thread is not necessary. You don't speak for us. Your opinion is welcomed....but, I'm sure there are enough on this thread now
that agree this is a thread worth having and to have dialogue. I find it's interesting on what folks might bring up. This will ESPECIALLY BE USEFUL when the '19 RDX hits the lots and we can get our hands on one. THEN watch this
thread really get going!!
Old 05-06-2018, 09:44 PM
Car Crazy for Sure!

Originally Posted by MHarnois
Agreed, it's the kind of feature that causes some potential customers to walk away from the car and attracts zero new customers because of it. It's a net loss for Acura.
Well, I'm with you mostly here. Unfortunately so many manufacturers are going to a similar system, that "walking away" becomes harder. I one time said I would not buy a vehicle with such a system. That was a
premature statement. I don't like my current, almost new, '18 TLX A-Spec, V6 push button trans. Never will. But, the overall car brought me around. I looked at other cars, but, the plusses for this A-Spec and
the price I got it for got me past the trans.

No, I don't see new customers being attracted to it....to the point of.."Oh, look at that great new wonderful push button trans"....I've just got to have this car. Nah...don't see that. People will like the car and put up with
the trans....like I did and do.

Today I drove my '17 RDX...and thought about using the shifter as I drove....and it further convinced and reminded me how easy and simple it is to use. AND, you don't have to do anything special to take through a car
wash...and all the other idiosyncrasies it has. Like someone else said..."it's just not necessary and is not a "win-win" for having gone to it.
RDX10 (05-08-2018)
Old 05-06-2018, 10:04 PM
Car Crazy for Sure!

Exclamation

Rocket science?? NO.....LOL....My ex father in law was a true and for real MIT grad...and a "rocket scientist." And I had to show him how to put together his new BBQ grill and "bleed the lines" to get it to fire up.
For me it was...."easy" and a no brainer. Apparently for him it was not so easy!! He smiled and thanked me!

"Easy"....is a relative word and ambiguous. I think teaching an adult class with 30 students for 5 wks, 8 hrs a day is pretty easy for me and it was. For many...it's a "death trap" that they would never want to do.

Is the shifting arm on the current RDX "easy?" Oh yeah, it is....based on it's so intuitive I never have to look at it and it feels "right" when changing gears. Can one learn to "feel" the buttons and know which one is which....yes...is it
easier than the shifting arm?....No, it truly isn't. Just because one can get used to the push buttons and tell us it's no big deal....well, there are MANY folks out there in the car world than own a push button trans...or have had to
drive one...and they are not favored over the NORMAL shifting arm. Just a fact. Even auto mag writers/testers complain about it...and make the same comparison. What we currently have works just fine and is simpler and more
intuitive. You can adjust to a "shifting arm" very quickly. My GM who has an MDX with the push button...as well as an A-Spec TLX like mine....said it took him 2 wks to start feeling comfortable with the push button system.

Sure doesn't take 2 wks to get used to a shifting arm. Why....'cause it's...(here it comes folks)......EASIER. LOL!

Rocket science...no....common sense that a shifting arm is....(here it comes again folks)....EASIER....and the push button system was never necessary...since it doesn't make the operation of shifting better, easier, more intuitive, etc.
It just wasn't necessary. Form over function is what happened. Period.
RDX10 (05-08-2018)
Old 05-07-2018, 09:34 AM
mrgold35

Received 1,508 Likes on 1,176 Posts
My theory on the push button drive system are the car companies ways to getting us ready for future higher levels of auto drive systems. Very hard to drive now without moving the gear shift or push gear buttons between P-N-R-D every single time. Much easier to have an electronic gear shift and transition between the gears once you start to introduce improved auto drive systems. I see future auto drive systems starting by setting your destination, back you out your garage, drive you to work, and park in a parking space in auto mode. Just a matter of time when every single vehicle on the road will be drive by wire auto systems (gas, brake, steering, trans, awd, emergency situations, etc...) and our involvement will be about the same as playing a 3D driving video game with a computer giving us feedback of the driving environment.
The following 2 users liked this post by mrgold35:
HotRodW (05-07-2018), justnspace (05-07-2018)
Old 05-07-2018, 11:27 AM
MTD
Racer

One thing to consider is that "older" transmissions like the 6AT in the current RSX used the shift level as a mechanical arm to push/pull the shift cables to go from P-R-N-D. Many new transmissions like the ZF9 and the 10AT are all electronically controlled, so the shift lever isnt necessary for pulling on a cable like an older tranny.

The new RDX has even less buttons then the TLX and MDX so it should be foolproof.
Old 05-07-2018, 11:31 AM

Received 16,260 Likes on 11,971 Posts
Originally Posted by mrgold35
My theory on the push button drive system are the car companies ways to getting us ready for future higher levels of auto drive systems. Very hard to drive now without moving the gear shift or push gear buttons between P-N-R-D every single time. Much easier to have an electronic gear shift and transition between the gears once you start to introduce improved auto drive systems. I see future auto drive systems starting by setting your destination, back you out your garage, drive you to work, and park in a parking space in auto mode. Just a matter of time when every single vehicle on the road will be drive by wire auto systems (gas, brake, steering, trans, awd, emergency situations, etc...) and our involvement will be about the same as playing a 3D driving video game with a computer giving us feedback of the driving environment.
very cool way of thinking!!
companies/businesses always have to think "What's next?"
Stop innovation and the company will die out.
Old 05-07-2018, 11:39 AM
Drifting

Originally Posted by MTD
One thing to consider is that "older" transmissions like the 6AT in the current RSX used the shift level as a mechanical arm to push/pull the shift cables to go from P-R-N-D. Many new transmissions like the ZF9 and the 10AT are all electronically controlled, so the shift lever isnt necessary for pulling on a cable like an older tranny.

The new RDX has even less buttons then the TLX and MDX so it should be foolproof.
nothing is foolproof. Fools are too inventive.
Colorado Guy AF Ret. (05-07-2018)
Old 05-07-2018, 12:23 PM
Advanced

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Tomtwtwtw
One thing in its favor is that you're basically getting a preview year for the engine/transmission by way of the 2018 Accord. There is a ton of overlap, so watch the Accord for potential early issues for the new RDX.
By way of example pertaining to the 1.5L Turbo. Side note: hearing about small issues with 2.0 T engine in Accord but nothing that sounds like a chronic problem or engineering flaw at this point in time.

It might be worse than you think (1.5 Turbo issues)
Old 05-07-2018, 09:20 PM
Pro

Received 157 Likes on 136 Posts
good points made by everyone and i do agree that you shouldn't change something just for the sake of change. it needs to be beneficial.
The following 2 users liked this post by HDNBenjamin:
Colorado Guy AF Ret. (05-07-2018), RDX10 (05-08-2018)
Old 05-07-2018, 10:41 PM
Car Crazy for Sure!

Foolproof??

Originally Posted by MTD

First, the 6 speed auto is not controlled by "cables." You're in the old days. It's all mechanical. Rods/arms.

And haven't you ever had ANYTHING electrical break down??? My gosh....these new computer controlled push button trans gives us MORE things to break down. The more complicated the control systems are designed and
becoming the more you will have "issues and breakdowns." It's inevitable.
Old 05-07-2018, 11:14 PM
MTD
Racer

Cables, rods, arms, etc the point was that the shift level was necessary to move those mechanisms. The electronic computer controlled transmissions don't require the lever anymore. And yes, electrical components can fail just like mechanical components can. Ive had 3 dif Acuras with the push buttons and I don't have any complaints. Don't like it, then don't buy one.

"Damn computers! Get off my lawn!" shakes fist at sky.
Old 05-07-2018, 11:44 PM
Racer

Received 110 Likes on 75 Posts
Originally Posted by MTD
Ive had 3 dif Acuras with the push buttons and I don't have any complaints. Don't like it, then don't buy one.
If it comes down to that, what other cars are comparable to the RDX and would be worth looking at? We haven't bought a new car in nearly 15 years so all this new technology is foreign to us and our next car will most likely be our last so we want to get it as right as we can. I looked online at the Lincoln MKC because I thought it might be comparable but darned if it doesn't have push buttons also.
Old 05-08-2018, 01:28 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 875 Likes on 669 Posts
Originally Posted by GW208
This looks a little more complicated than I'd hoped, why on earth should you have to worry about car wash mode?
Right! What a load of garbage. Imagine I had to take my Acura into one of these car washes and I never knew about this procedure...that could be an expensive accident.

Originally Posted by HotRodW
Thank you, yes 100% my opinion on the push button shifter setup. What does it do better than a conventional lever? Nothing. My main reason for liking the lever is because it gives me something to rest my hand on while cruising.

You have to love how Acura is grasping for straws when they made that video a couple posts up. Like how they said it’s better than the conventional lever because it’s easier to put a purse or bag on the passenger side when getting into the car....you know because it’s such a MASSIVELY difficult task to lift your arm 3-4 inches higher to clear a conventional lever :eyeroll:

Originally Posted by GW208
If it comes down to that, what other cars are comparable to the RDX and would be worth looking at? We haven't bought a new car in nearly 15 years so all this new technology is foreign to us and our next car will most likely be our last so we want to get it as right as we can. I looked online at the Lincoln MKC because I thought it might be comparable but darned if it doesn't have push buttons also.
You can look at the volvo xc60/xc40, jeep grand Cherokee, Jaguar F-pace...etc. You do have a few options. I personally really really like the Lincoln MKC, it offers some very cool options with some very luxurious touches. I am not a fan of the push buttons on the MKC myself, but at least it is high enough on the dash that you can easily see it without having to look down. But especially in the case of the MKC, I don’t understand what space Lincoln saved by not just using a conventional shift lever. All they have are 2 cupholders in the middle of the center console....so what’s the point?
The following 2 users liked this post by RDX10:
Colorado Guy AF Ret. (05-09-2018), GW208 (05-08-2018)
Old 05-09-2018, 09:19 AM
Racer

Received 55 Likes on 37 Posts
My potential dislike list for the '19 RDX
no spare tire ?
stop/start
push button shift
4 cylinder engine
10 speed AT ( rough ?)
low profile tires
big price increase
full moon roof - why ?