Any idea when the 2019s will hit the dealerships?

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2018, 09:01 AM
Instructor

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
Black stitching on Parchment would look good. Even a dark brown would work.
Old 05-17-2018, 12:09 PM
Instructor

Thumbs down Advance Wheels?

To partially quote Arnold in the movie Predator, "you are one ugly ............"

not awful but a way to make optional wheels a good seller if indeed these are confirmed as the OEM wheel of choice for the RDX Advance! I like my Accord 2.0T wheel.
Old 05-17-2018, 12:20 PM
Car Crazy for Sure!

Received 432 Likes on 299 Posts
Smile White Piping...?? No way....LOL!!

Originally Posted by MrJames
A few more pics from dealers getting in zone cars.

The first parchment Advance I've seen. All the others have been black. With the Advance getting the white contrast stitching and piping, I was expecting the lighter interior to get black stitching/piping like the MDX Advance. Looks like they're keeping it white. Missed opportunity but not a deal breaker as I definitely want a parchment/tan interior on my next vehicle.

On screen guide showing how to adjust the 16-way passenger seat on the Advance
I will bet my new TLX...the piping...stitching is not white! This pic is weird with the light reflections. IF anything, the piping is a somewhat lighter parchment. I've owned many Acura's and Hondas with parchment...and never have I seen
white piping. It just doesn't go...doesn't work....looks awful and is just not done. When my dealer's RDX's come in...I will personally eyeball the parchment interior. IF...IF...it's white....and it won't be....I'll eat my ball cap...and I wear some
kind of different logo's ball caps all the time.

Just saying...IMHO..and going with ALL the past vehicles I've ever seen....esp. Acuras.
Old 05-17-2018, 12:24 PM
Pro

Received 218 Likes on 135 Posts
Originally Posted by MrJames
The first parchment Advance I've seen. All the others have been black. With the Advance getting the white contrast stitching and piping, I was expecting the lighter interior to get black stitching/piping like the MDX Advance. Looks like they're keeping it white. Missed opportunity but not a deal breaker as I definitely want a parchment/tan interior on my next vehicle.
A sales consultant from the dealership I've been talking to gave me the '19's exterior colors and the available interiors for each -- and I was disappointed to hear the Fathom Blue Pearl is only available with a gray interior. I most definitely wanted the Espresso interior with the FBP! Now I'll have to figure out whether I'm OK with a different exterior color that comes with Espresso, or just live with the gray interior... He told me the Black has some midnight blue hues depending on the angle and lighting when you look at it, but I'm just not a black color person for a car's exterior.
Old 05-17-2018, 12:25 PM
Car Crazy for Sure!

Originally Posted by idgystinks

To partially quote Arnold in the movie Predator, "you are one ugly ............"

not awful but a way to make optional wheels a good seller if indeed these are confirmed as the OEM wheel of choice for the RDX Advance! I like my Accord 2.0T wheel.
Why are we looking at some HONDA wheel and tire combo? That's a Honda wheel, seen them. And the tire size is NOT what the Acura RDX Advance comes with. Those are: 235/55/19. Not 40's
Old 05-17-2018, 12:47 PM
Team Owner

Received 4,416 Likes on 3,322 Posts
You can put various tire sizes on a wheel. Going up to a 40 aspect ratio is no big deal

You can also pop out the Honda centre caps in 3 seconds each, and replace with Acura caps. Voila. Unique wheels.
Old 05-17-2018, 01:09 PM
Instructor

Received 68 Likes on 47 Posts
Originally Posted by birdonamission
A sales consultant from the dealership I've been talking to gave me the '19's exterior colors and the available interiors for each -- and I was disappointed to hear the Fathom Blue Pearl is only available with a gray interior. I most definitely wanted the Espresso interior with the FBP! Now I'll have to figure out whether I'm OK with a different exterior color that comes with Espresso, or just live with the gray interior... He told me the Black has some midnight blue hues depending on the angle and lighting when you look at it, but I'm just not a black color person for a car's exterior.
Do you happen to know all the combos? I was hoping for black with espresso interior of it was to be offered
Old 05-17-2018, 01:16 PM
Instructor

Received 70 Likes on 46 Posts
Originally Posted by Colorado Guy AF Ret.
I will bet my new TLX...the piping...stitching is not white! This pic is weird with the light reflections. IF anything, the piping is a somewhat lighter parchment. I've owned many Acura's and Hondas with parchment...and never have I seen
white piping. It just doesn't go...doesn't work....looks awful and is just not done. When my dealer's RDX's come in...I will personally eyeball the parchment interior. IF...IF...it's white....and it won't be....I'll eat my ball cap...and I wear some
kind of different logo's ball caps all the time.

Just saying...IMHO..and going with ALL the past vehicles I've ever seen....esp. Acuras.
Perhaps not white but it doesn't look like the contrast stitching with light leather/dark stitching or dark leather/light stitching combos we see on other models. I hope it is just the lighting.
Old 05-17-2018, 01:20 PM
Drifting

Received 1,024 Likes on 714 Posts
Why are we looking at some HONDA wheel and tire combo? That's a Honda wheel, seen them. And the tire size is NOT what the Acura RDX Advance comes with. Those are: 235/55/19. Not 40's
The “H” gave it away, huh?
The following users liked this post:
RDX10 (05-19-2018)
Old 05-17-2018, 01:46 PM
Car Crazy for Sure!

Smile

Originally Posted by TacoBello
You can put various tire sizes on a wheel. Going up to a 40 aspect ratio is no big deal

You can also pop out the Honda centre caps in 3 seconds each, and replace with Acura caps. Voila. Unique wheels.
Of course you can. I do it all the time. I have 3 different sets of Acura center caps. I have 2 Acuras normally. I put the caps in the wheels I feel make the overall look better.

As far as tire aspect ratios....you must stay within .4" in diam....or you will mess up the "nanny systems" the new cars have...and also the speedometer/odometer.

The new RDX Advance comes with...235/55/19's.....Diam. is: 29.2". The A-Spec comes with: 255/45/20's.....Diam. is: 29.2"
Why is that?? Acura making sure that the tire diam stays the same for the reasons I mentioned above.

You can "play with tire sizes" as long as they "fit in the wheel well" and the diam. is .4" or less.
Old 05-17-2018, 01:48 PM
Car Crazy for Sure!

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Madd Dog

The “H” gave it away, huh?
LOL....LOL.....aren't I great detective??

Keep wagging that tail...Madd Dog!!!
Madd Dog (05-17-2018)
Old 05-17-2018, 02:49 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 276 Likes on 180 Posts
Of course you can. I do it all the time. I have 3 different sets of Acura center caps. I have 2 Acuras normally. I put the caps in the wheels I feel make the overall look better.

As far as tire aspect ratios....you must stay within .4" in diam....or you will mess up the "nanny systems" the new cars have...and also the speedometer/odometer.

The new RDX Advance comes with...235/55/19's.....Diam. is: 29.2". The A-Spec comes with: 255/45/20's.....Diam. is: 29.2"
Why is that?? Acura making sure that the tire diam stays the same for the reasons I mentioned above.

You can "play with tire sizes" as long as they "fit in the wheel well" and the diam. is .4" or less.
Technically speaking, the diameter of the 235/55/19 is 29.18" and the 255/45/20 is 29.04", but with just a 1/2 mph variance at 75 mph, it's a non-issue. If I were fitting 19's, I'd go with 255/50/19 to put more rubber on the road. Of course, I'd also ditch the ugly stock wheels and choose something prettier, wider, and with a more aggressive offset.
Old 05-17-2018, 05:19 PM
Team Owner

thanks for educating me about tire diameter

again, you could make those CRV wheels work if you wanted to, yet you're arguing against them, because they say Honda?
Old 05-17-2018, 05:19 PM
Pro

Originally Posted by mcrompton
Do you happen to know all the combos? I was hoping for black with espresso interior of it was to be offered
I had a really nice conversation with someone at another area Acura dealership and she read off the following from some documentation she was looking at. I was listening rather intently and taking notes as we were talking, but even so, I hope I captured everything correctly!

WHITE DIAMOND PEARL
Ebony, Tan Parchment

LUNA SILVER METALLIC
Ebony, Graystone

MODERN STEEL METALLIC
Ebony (Graystone available with premium upgrade)

CRYSTAL BLACK PEARL
Ebony (Espresso and Tan Parchment available with premium upgrade)

COFFEE METALLIC
Tan Parchment (Espresso available with premium upgrade)

BASQUE RED PEARL
Tan Parchment (Espresso available with premium upgrade)

FATHOM BLUE PEARL
Graystone (Espresso available with premium upgrade)

I'm glad she said Espresso can be had for the FBP (for a price, but that's OK)...

I thought about it after we hung up, but I didn't ask her to associate the colors with the trim levels (Base, Tech, A-Spec, Advance)...
The following 5 users liked this post by birdonamission:
Froid (05-18-2018), HotRodW (05-17-2018), jcardona1 (05-17-2018), mattski (05-17-2018), mcrompton (05-17-2018)
Old 05-17-2018, 05:34 PM
Advanced

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
I had a really nice conversation with someone at another area Acura dealership and she read off the following from some documentation she was looking at. I was listening rather intently and taking notes as we were talking, but even so, I hope I captured everything correctly!

BASQUE RED PEARL
Espresso available with premium upgrade
Now this sounds like a combo I could live with
Old 05-17-2018, 09:26 PM
Car Crazy for Sure!

Wink

Originally Posted by TacoBello

thanks for educating me about tire diameter

again, you could make those CRV wheels work if you wanted to, yet you're arguing against them, because they say Honda?
Nope, I never argued against the wheel. Just pointed out they were Honda wheels. I have owned 17 Hondas and Acuras. Wheels are very interchangeable in many situations, and I have done that. Run older Acura A-Spec wheels I currently own on Honda Cpes, CRV"S and Acuras. They
look awesome, and can't be bought now. Lucky or a miracle if you can even find them anywhere.

So, does that clarify enough for your satisfaction? Been there, done that. You don't like the tire info...fine....some appreciate knowing it, and I've been PM'd thanking me for what I helped with. Prove me wrong and if you are right I'll acknowledge it.
Old 05-17-2018, 09:35 PM
Advanced

Received 45 Likes on 24 Posts
Nope, I never argued against the wheel. Just pointed out they were Honda wheels. I have owned 17 Hondas and Acuras. Wheels are very interchangeable in many situations, and I have done that. Run older Acura A-Spec wheels I currently own on Honda Cpes, CRV"S and Acuras. They
look awesome, and can't be bought now. Lucky or a miracle if you can even find them anywhere.

So, does that clarify enough for your satisfaction? Been there, done that. You don't like the tire info...fine....some appreciate knowing it, and I've been PM'd thanking me for what I helped with. Prove me wrong and if you are right I'll acknowledge it.
Maybe if you didn't start every post with reminding us how many cars you've bought/owned or what an elite VIP you are with you local GM who buys gifts for your wife. Seriously, do you ever get tired of the constant name-dropping and validating to the internet how important you are? Seems exhausting.
The following 6 users liked this post by jcardona1:
HotRodW (05-18-2018), RDX10 (05-19-2018), Socalmark (05-18-2018), steve_97060 (05-18-2018), TLX17 (05-17-2018), ZipSpeed (05-18-2018) and 1 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 05-17-2018, 09:35 PM
Intermediate

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

"owned 17 hondas and acuras"... "I've had that document for over a week"... these posts are exhausting.
The following 2 users liked this post by TLX17:
jcardona1 (05-17-2018), ZipSpeed (05-18-2018)
Old 05-17-2018, 09:41 PM
Car Crazy for Sure!

Smile

Originally Posted by TLX17
"owned 17 hondas and acuras"... "I've had that document for over a week"... these posts are exhausting.
Nice of you to say that. Not everyone reads all my posts. Thanks for that. It does prove a point when necessary to clarify what someone gets wrong..assuming things they don't know.
Old 05-17-2018, 09:50 PM
Car Crazy for Sure!

Smile

Originally Posted by jcardona1
Maybe if you didn't start every post with reminding us how many cars you've bought/owned or what an elite VIP you are with you local GM who buys gifts for your wife. Seriously, do you ever get tired of the constant name-dropping and validating to the internet how important you are? Seems exhausting.
Typical "assuming." I'm not validating any kind of "importance." Just stating what I've been through. I could care less "being an elite VIP! Man you guys come up with some incredible BS that you assume you think you know about me Everyone here pretty much writes about their experiences.
So threads are read by a few...some are read by many. So, I have repeated for the purpose of answering a person's questions, and their desire to know. That's it. Simple. Don't make this in to something it's not. Too easy for people to "read in to what someone writes." Talking in person is
when the "message" really can come across much more clear.

Don't like my posts or answers...don't read and ignore. But, I've done nothing wrong. I've been thanked 143 times in 104 of my posts. Apparently someone appreciates what I try to do here. You don't....oh well.
Old 05-18-2018, 07:13 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 276 Likes on 180 Posts
Originally Posted by idgystinks

I think he (or she) knows it's a Honda wheel. It seems clear it's his Honda wheel. He simply stated he prefers them to the ugly Acura wheel. As do I. And they might work on the RDX (with the appropriate tires, of course). I'd like to see them in satin metallic gray powder coat.

Last edited by HotRodW; 05-18-2018 at 07:26 AM.
idgystinks (05-18-2018)
Old 05-18-2018, 08:21 AM
Instructor

Wheels turbos & MPGs

Yes that was my point with showing my Honda Sport wheel. Acura can do better!

New thought-- Acura enthusiasts. I have had 11 different Acura cars/suvs since my 1990 Integra. Like the brand in general, but not lately.

Anyone interested in a 2.0T discussion? I cannot start threads yet. That is the engine of choice it seems by all volume makers. There are pros and cons to this set up. I was so anxious to try it I bought the controversial poorly selling 2018 Honda Accord Sport 2.0T (a great car and a clear case of the Crossover craze). Sales down 33% last month. that is huge for a once 300k+ per year model.

My 2 cents as both an enthusiast and a professional engineer: 2.0T in BMW, Audi and now Honda/Acura provides weight savings, potential efficiency gains, superior torque curves but introduces longevity concerns and turbo lag. I feel hardly any lag in the Accord Sport 2.0T, while my X1 has considerable lag.

On efficiency. The 2.0T has multiple personalities. On my hard commute home last night, mpg hovered around 24, on this mornings gentle commute 44 mpg over 25 miles is possible with no AC and 65 mph. This has me wondering how this same engine in the much heavier RDX, SH-AWD to boot may fair. I suspect, some current V-6 owners will see decreased mpg simply because the powertrain begs for utilization.
Anyhow, the jury is still out on certain 2.0T's long term durability. Audi recently ended its once generous 6 yr 100k CPO as I think BMW did to mimic Merc with this unlimited mile 5 yr CPO. I would prefer the sixth year, you may not. Point being, I have not seen enough data on long term reliability to speak with authority.
The smaller engines are working pretty hard and need to be designed from the ground up to accommodate all the increased stresses.

Any thoughts?
Old 05-18-2018, 08:52 AM
Drifting

Received 1,024 Likes on 714 Posts
The jury is out on the Honda 2.0 merely because it is new. IMO, the jury is IN with modern turbos: they work, they provide great low-end torque, they are not fragile. The economy problem with turbos is that people dig the power so much they keep their foot in it. If I drive my turbo with a heavy foot, I get high teens in my everyday suburban driving. If I don’t, it is mid twenties. There are millions of 2.0 fours on the roads, and I expect the Honda one to be just as good as BMW, MB, etc.

To me, the 2.4 NA in my wife’s Accord had it’s jury out too when it was first introduced.
Old 05-18-2018, 11:55 AM
Advanced

So any members from the Brooklyn area? Apparently you lucky folks have a chance to drive the RDX tomorrow!

Old 05-18-2018, 12:14 PM
Pro

Hey, all.

I received interior and exterior color combos from another dealership today and it’s different enough from what I was provided last night by the other dealership that I think everyone should just disregard the “information.” Very sorry about that.

Now I’m wondering if the young lady I spoke with last night was reading a document pertaining to the MDX or something.
Old 05-18-2018, 12:24 PM
Advanced

Hey, all.

I received interior and exterior color combos from another dealership today and it’s different enough from what I was provided last night by the other dealership that I think everyone should just disregard the “information.” Very sorry about that.

Now I’m wondering if the young lady I spoke with last night was reading a document pertaining to the MDX or something.
Well do tell! I'm curious about the A-Spec colors as that is the trim I'll most likely go with due to appearance overall. I've seen two red versions, neither of which look like the standard Basque Red Pearl.

Old 05-18-2018, 12:32 PM
Pro

Received 56 Likes on 46 Posts
Well do tell! I'm curious about the A-Spec colors as that is the trim I'll most likely go with due to appearance overall. I've seen two red versions, neither of which look like the standard Basque Red Pearl.

I believe the color combos were posted before. Performance Red Pearl will be A-spec exclusive red.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
colours.pdf (139.1 KB, 156 views)
Old 05-18-2018, 12:41 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by hondu
I believe the color combos were posted before. Performance Red Pearl will be A-spec exclusive red.
What's the blue color for the A-Spec, is it the same Still Night Blue Pearl on the TLX A-Spec? Interesting that the blue A-Spec is not available with a red interior like the TLX.
Old 05-18-2018, 12:46 PM
Pro

What's the blue color for the A-Spec, is it the same Still Night Blue Pearl on the TLX A-Spec? Interesting that the blue A-Spec is not available with a red interior like the TLX.
An exclusive blue color, Apex Blue Pearl. I think the attachment may be for Canada based on the model designations. I was hoping the red leather could come with the blue paint as well.
Old 05-18-2018, 12:50 PM
Instructor

Received 61 Likes on 28 Posts
Originally Posted by hondu
I noticed that the color chart that’s been posted reflects four levels of trims (someone mentioned that is what is offered in Canada) instead of three which has been typically offered in the US. Is it possible that color combos are different for our two locations as well?
Old 05-18-2018, 12:59 PM
Pro

Originally Posted by TxLady
I noticed that the color chart that’s been posted reflects four levels of trims (someone mentioned that is what is offered in Canada) instead of three which has been typically offered in the US. Is it possible that color combos are different for our two locations as well?
I think Canada has been able to get some combos that were not available in the US on some models in the past, but otherwise the exterior colors were identical (just going from memory here).

I would think red leather with blue would be offered in both countries, if offered at all, though I really don't know.

I really wished they offered Espresso or Tan, with the A-spec and red exterior.
TxLady (05-18-2018)
Old 05-18-2018, 01:12 PM
Pro

So...here’s the one from today. I would tend to trust this one a whole lot more than the other dealership’s “information” (from last night) — especially since it make specific reference to exclusive colors for the A-Spec.

WHITE DIAMOND PEARL
Parchment, Ebony, or Espresso

LUNAR SILVER
Graystone, Ebony, or Espresso

MODERN STEEL
Graystone or Ebony

FATHOM BLUE
Graystone

MAJESTIC BLACK PEARL
Ebony, Parchment, or Red (A-Spec Only)

CANYON BRONZE METALLIC
Parchment

PERFORMANCE RED
Parchment or Ebony

GUNMETAL METALLIC
Ebony

APEX BLUE (A-SPEC ONLY)
Ebony or Red
The following 3 users liked this post by birdonamission:
GW208 (05-18-2018), jcardona1 (05-18-2018), TxLady (05-18-2018)
Old 05-18-2018, 01:27 PM
Pro

So...here’s the one from today. I would tend to trust this one a whole lot more than the other dealership’s “information” (from last night) — especially since it make specific reference to exclusive colors for the A-Spec.

WHITE DIAMOND PEARL
Parchment, Ebony, or Espresso

LUNAR SILVER
Graystone, Ebony, or Espresso

MODERN STEEL
Graystone or Ebony

FATHOM BLUE
Graystone

MAJESTIC BLACK PEARL
Ebony, Parchment, or Red (A-Spec Only)

CANYON BRONZE METALLIC
Parchment

PERFORMANCE RED
Parchment or Ebony

GUNMETAL METALLIC
Ebony

APEX BLUE (A-SPEC ONLY)
Ebony or Red
Nice. Red leather is available with the blue paint and parchment available with the red.
Old 05-18-2018, 01:51 PM
Advanced

Looks like the A-Spec models are starting to arrive. The bright red sure does look sharp with the black accents!

Old 05-18-2018, 02:02 PM
Advanced

https://youtu.be/UEw7frH9b3s
Old 05-18-2018, 02:08 PM
Instructor

Received 39 Likes on 27 Posts
https://youtu.be/UEw7frH9b3s
Wow...that is stunning. I wish my wife wasn't so adamant on getting a black car! Although, I think the Black will look super luxurious with the chrome trims!
OA5599 (05-20-2018)
Old 05-18-2018, 02:29 PM
Instructor

Audi found out about 2.0T tendency for carbon build up about 10 years ago, the bugs have slowly been removed. Honda is a very careful company and they cannot afford to have any such problems-and likely will not. My bet is they have long development record on their new 2.0T.

On a different note, the new Infiniti VC 2.0T seems amazing but ruined with a CVT harnessing it. I drove one and it was OK--just with a mandatory CVT. Honda is way too conservative to adopt VC this early in the game.

The RDX may be a game changer for Acura, but the engine (IMO) is simply not going to be known for efficiency. Performance yes.
Old 05-19-2018, 06:59 AM
Cruisin'

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
Dealer communicated my A-Spec would be delivered next week.
Old 05-19-2018, 10:03 AM
Racer

Received 97 Likes on 60 Posts
Got a call from my dealer this morning that the RDX will be in on Thursday/Friday but just to look at. Indicated he might not have his until July
I'm going to try to go at lunch or after work to check it out.
Old 05-19-2018, 12:49 PM
Team Owner

Typical "assuming." I'm not validating any kind of "importance." Just stating what I've been through. I could care less "being an elite VIP! Man you guys come up with some incredible BS that you assume you think you know about me Everyone here pretty much writes about their experiences.
So threads are read by a few...some are read by many. So, I have repeated for the purpose of answering a person's questions, and their desire to know. That's it. Simple. Don't make this in to something it's not. Too easy for people to "read in to what someone writes." Talking in person is
when the "message" really can come across much more clear.

Don't like my posts or answers...don't read and ignore. But, I've done nothing wrong. I've been thanked 143 times in 104 of my posts. Apparently someone appreciates what I try to do here. You don't....oh well.
Do you want a cookie?

You should be wise and and listen to what people are telling you here. But will you listen? Rhetorical. We know you won't.

Quick Reply: Any idea when the 2019s will hit the dealerships?