AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community

AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community (https://acurazine.com/forums/)
-   3G RDX (2019+) (https://acurazine.com/forums/3g-rdx-2019-454/)
-   -   Any idea when the 2019s will hit the dealerships? (https://acurazine.com/forums/3g-rdx-2019-454/any-idea-when-2019s-will-hit-dealerships-968946/)

bms92 04-14-2018 06:40 AM

Any idea when the 2019s will hit the dealerships?

Im curious when we can expect these cars on the dealer lots, any ideas?

mrgold35 04-14-2018 07:36 AM

My dealership in New Mexico was saying summer time (not sure early, mid, or late). Might be longer for A-Spec.

MrJames 04-14-2018 09:57 AM

My dealer said around June/July.

MVD4912 04-15-2018 10:06 AM

In was in my dealer for service last Thursday, 4/12. Spoke with the owner and he said they were told to expect first delivery mid June. Gave me this link to the Dealers training site:
MY19 RDX Home ? Acura Launch Training

deanoatkinson 04-15-2018 10:47 AM

I have had 3 Honda Accords, right now 2 Acura's. 2012 TL and a 2013 RDX.

This is the first car I am tempted to buy or lease NEW because it has upgraded / new everything. Other option is the MDX Sport Hybrid, but the infotainment is dated.

My wedding is in July then it's baby making time, I might be picking one of these up!

SK1124 04-15-2018 11:10 AM

I have my pre-order down in mississauga, Canada. My sales rep is thinking end of May early June but its speculation. I try and follow up with him on a biweekly basis so I will let you know if I hear anything!

EDventure 04-15-2018 02:51 PM

Originally Posted by SK1124 (Post 16218863)
I have my pre-order down in mississauga, Canada. My sales rep is thinking end of May early June but its speculation. I try and follow up with him on a biweekly basis so I will let you know if I hear anything!

Those are the same dates that were shared with me by two different dealerships in OH.

RDX10 04-16-2018 01:48 AM

Originally Posted by MVD4912 (Post 16218823)
In was in my dealer for service last Thursday, 4/12. Spoke with the owner and he said they were told to expect first delivery mid June. Gave me this link to the Dealers training site:

255 wide tires on the A-Spec with 20” rims!!! Sign me up!!! Finally can see Acura taking it seriously. I am so impressed with this thing.

As to the quesion, I expect end of June/mid July to be the first deliveries.

Tony Pac 04-16-2018 08:29 AM

Probably mid June....and reviews will start coming as of May...

Lmo0913 04-17-2018 04:48 AM

My dealer in Toronto is also saying late June/early July.

Colorado Guy AF Ret. 04-17-2018 04:57 PM

Mid June...also??

My GM has had his first order in for a while now. He anticipates mid June. Seems to be about right, after seeing others hearing about the same thing. He has 1 pearl white with Milano Red leather A-Spec in that order, and it's
mine IF I want it after I check it all out. Especially the new engine/tranny combo. And, of course IF the $$ work out the way I'd like. He better do me right since this is potentially my 5th Acura from him in 4 1/2 yrs. I do keep 2
vehicles at all times and both have been Acuras...mostly. I'm anxious to check it out. I'm bummed that apparently no spare tire kit or CD.

Anyone know if it will have a Hard Drive to store music??

TacoBello 04-17-2018 05:01 PM

I was at the auto show over the weekend and was told the RDX will be launched in 2 months. Take it for what it's worth :shrug:

sweetness34 04-17-2018 06:06 PM

Originally Posted by Colorado Guy AF Ret. (Post 16220287)

Anyone know if it will have a Hard Drive to store music??

Doubtful as everyone uses their phones.

Colorado Guy AF Ret. 04-17-2018 10:09 PM

Originally Posted by sweetness34 (Post 16220318)
Doubtful as everyone uses their phones.

LOL...well, not everyone for sure. There are more "baby boomers" out here than any other age group and I dare say most are not using their phones....or trying not to! LOL!!
I do have a "mac daddy" I-Pod....the 160gb and I have a lot of music on there that I use in my vehicles. Of course, I'm sure I'll never fill up the storage on that thing!

I'm actually thinking of getting another one with less storage space since it won't be needed. Then I can have one for each ELS sound system in my 2 Acuras.
Although, the I-Pods are pretty expensive....compared to a memory stick, of course.
Just me I guess, but, I think I can get better sound quality if I down load music from my
desk top computer to the I-Pod and then play that in the cars...vs....a memory stick.

If there are any REAL pro audiophiles out there that can answer this issue, that would be great.

MrJames 04-17-2018 10:30 PM

It's been a long time since I messed with an iPod but from my understanding, the iPod is treated like an external storage device when connected to your car. You are simply streaming the music files from the iPod to your car so if the files on the iPod and memory stick are identical then they should sound the same.

Madd Dog 04-18-2018 07:00 AM

I'm a boomer and I use my phone. I cannot fathom why an iPod would be better than a memory stick. But the sticks are so cheap, I would suggest an experiment before buying another iPod.

MHarnois 04-18-2018 04:17 PM

Originally Posted by Colorado Guy AF Ret. (Post 16220446)
LOL...well, not everyone for sure. There are more "baby boomers" out here than any other age group and I dare say most are not using their phones....or trying not to! LOL!!
I do have a "mac daddy" I-Pod....the 160gb and I have a lot of music on there that I use in my vehicles. Of course, I'm sure I'll never fill up the storage on that thing!

I'm actually thinking of getting another one with less storage space since it won't be needed. Then I can have one for each ELS sound system in my 2 Acuras.
Although, the I-Pods are pretty expensive....compared to a memory stick, of course.
Just me I guess, but, I think I can get better sound quality if I down load music from my
desk top computer to the I-Pod and then play that in the cars...vs....a memory stick.

If there are any REAL pro audiophiles out there that can answer this issue, that would be great.

On the 2018, the USB storage stick sucks when compared with the I-Pod but not for audio quality reasons. The lossless flac files I had copied on the USB stick sounded the same as the lossless m4a files copied on the I-Pod as they should, both being lossless formats. I ended up buying an I-Pod (my first Apple product ever! I must be a rare exception) because the file navigation with the USB stick was really bad. It was slow to scroll through a list of folders and exiting a folder would drop me at the beginning of the list so I hated it. Navigating the I-Pod on the other hand is as charm.

That being said, I have not seen any pictures that indicate that the 2019 will support I-Pods.

dcmod 04-18-2018 05:19 PM

I disagree with the statement that USB storage stick sucks VS Ipod .. You need to manage your MP3 or M4A files better on a computer before copying it into a USB stick .
Every MP3 files has a MP3 tag,, Use a MP3 tagger application on the computer to insert the album titles, artist titles for each MP3 files and then copied it into a file folder based on album names . Your navigation will be much better and more organized .

Using Ipod is more expensive and managing it is also the same as tagging with the MP3 tagger on a computer . Difference is managing your MP3 files in an Ipod , you have to use Apples Itunes apps on the computer ..

TacoBello 04-18-2018 05:41 PM

Originally Posted by dcmod (Post 16221053)
I disagree with the statement that USB storage stick sucks VS Ipod .. You need to manage your MP3 or M4A files better on a computer before copying it into a USB stick .
Every MP3 files has a MP3 tag,, Use a MP3 tagger application on the computer to insert the album titles, artist titles for each MP3 files and then copied it into a file folder based on album names . Your navigation will be much better and more organized .

Using Ipod is more expensive and managing it is also the same as tagging with the MP3 tagger on a computer . Difference is managing your MP3 files in an Ipod , you have to use Apples Itunes apps on the computer ..

Sweet Jesus, this sounds way too time consuming in this day and age.

Y'all need to spend the $9.99 per month, or whatever it is, and use Spotify. You'll never need to rename a file again. The amount of music on Spotify is ludicrous... You wouldn't believe the rare and unknown stuff you can find on there.

Make your own playlists, have new playlists made for you by Spotify (these end up coming out pretty good- out of every 20 songs, I generally like 18-19 of them), etc. No need to worry about album art, proper naming, etc. It's all there for you.

You can also use Spotify for free, but then have to deal with the ads and what not. Not nearly as enjoyable.

​​​​​Truth be told, if I had to choose between Netflix and spotify, when it comes to paying monthly subscriptions, I would dump Netflix in a heartbeat and stick to the music app only. It's that good. :2cents:

MHarnois 04-18-2018 05:54 PM

I need to manage my files better? How about you ask me if I use tags. I have 118GB of music carefully converted from various sources I own and with tags used to their fullest extent. Have you tried navigating with a USB disk yourself? Here's my experience:

1- Scroll down Artists list starting from letter A.
2- Wait while the system populates the list to be displayed on screen.
3- Scroll down some more, wait some more.
4- Finally make it to the Pink Floyd entry.
5- Now I have 4 albums to chose from.
6- I select the first one and now I see all its tracks.
7- I change my mind and want another Pink Floyd album instead.
8- I back out of the album and the system dumps me to the beginning of Artists list beginning with the letter A.

Don't you find this behavior annoying? No such crap with the I-Pod, and I'm no Apple fanboy.

Madd Dog 04-18-2018 06:05 PM

Getting back to waiting on the RDX......

What I am waiting on are the details between trim levels, and the multiplicity of reviews about actually driving the car.

The music will be worked out.

MTD 04-18-2018 06:28 PM

Having used various Apple devices in my 18 TLX with CarPlay and also using a flashdrive, the iPod integrates with the audio system/CarPlay much better then the flashdrive. Apple Music, a service much like Spotify also works flawlessly.

Trim levels, now that will be interesting to see how they differ from Canada to the US. We Canucks typically have more.

deanoatkinson 04-20-2018 11:13 AM

Just left my Dealership in NJ.

They should be getting 1 in the end of May for training and learning about all of the new systems. I don't think the bulk of them will be in until june / july as stated above.

acuraada 04-22-2018 11:12 AM

Originally Posted by MVD4912 (Post 16218823)

nice link! TYVM

birdonamission 04-22-2018 07:52 PM

Originally Posted by acuraada (Post 16222827)
nice link! TYVM

Yes - I was also glad to read the stuff on that site. Interesting!

Tony Pac 04-23-2018 10:47 AM

No one knows that exact date but once we start seeing reviews by Alex on Autos, Motor Trends, Driving.ca, TFL and etc. We can start the count down....lol 4 -6 weeks from reviews, the car will hit the dealership!

That's my observation based on previous brands and cars. I could be wrong, so don't quote me on this :)

Colorado Guy AF Ret. 04-23-2018 10:01 PM

I Pod Support

Originally Posted by MHarnois (Post 16221017)
On the 2018, the USB storage stick sucks when compared with the I-Pod but not for audio quality reasons. The lossless flac files I had copied on the USB stick sounded the same as the lossless m4a files copied on the I-Pod as they should, both being lossless formats. I ended up buying an I-Pod (my first Apple product ever! I must be a rare exception) because the file navigation with the USB stick was really bad. It was slow to scroll through a list of folders and exiting a folder would drop me at the beginning of the list so I hated it. Navigating the I-Pod on the other hand is as charm.

That being said, I have not seen any pictures that indicate that the 2019 will support I-Pods.

Not sure why not. USB ports are all you need. It will have that. Someone tell me I'm wrong on this.

Colorado Guy AF Ret. 04-23-2018 10:06 PM

And I've been managing my files on the computer and transferring to CD's and my I-Pod with no issues. Yes, the I-Pod was expensive...have had it for..??? 3-4 yrs. If was my first and it's been great. Plug in to my Acura's whenever
I want to use it. Easy to scroll files.

MHarnois 04-24-2018 10:57 AM

Originally Posted by Colorado Guy AF Ret. (Post 16223567)
Not sure why not. USB ports are all you need. It will have that. Someone tell me I'm wrong on this.

There's no reason why they can't make USB sticks a charm to use if they spend a little bit of time integrating them better in the system. The system needs to read the whole stick when first plugged-in to build its own metadata of artists, albums, songs, genres, etc and then provide smart navigation controls. They did none of that in the old system.

lilrabbit129 04-25-2018 01:09 PM

The 2019 has got my attention. My lease is up in July and the 19' RDX is on my list of SUVs to consider. Just a bit worried that the demand will be too high in July that getting any reasonable deal will be difficult.

Madd Dog 04-25-2018 01:22 PM

You can usually extend most leases a month or so. Now might be the time to start inquiring.

mrgold35 04-25-2018 01:22 PM

I can't wait for the first car reviews with comparison test with the current competition on the internet, TV, and car magazines. It might be 2019 before you get a good deal if Acura finishes near or at the top against the other offerings in its class.

19RDX 04-29-2018 09:54 PM

Originally Posted by deanoatkinson (Post 16218851)
I have had 3 Honda Accords, right now 2 Acura's. 2012 TL and a 2013 RDX.

This is the first car I am tempted to buy or lease NEW because it has upgraded / new everything. Other option is the MDX Sport Hybrid, but the infotainment is dated.

My wedding is in July then it's baby making time, I might be picking one of these up!

That's why I made an account here. I've never bought a brand new vehicle, but this one has everything I'm looking for (right size, tech, engine, mpg, etc.).

mapleloaf 04-30-2018 12:18 AM

I just hope that they make sure that the transmission and turbo pairing is smooth, the new infotainment touch pad system is bug free, and the technology works as advertised. if it takes a little more time, so be it, as Acura needs this to be a winner....which I think it will be!

RDL1 04-30-2018 06:59 AM

Originally Posted by mapleloaf (Post 16226480)
I just hope that they make sure that the transmission and turbo pairing is smooth, the new infotainment touch pad system is bug free, and the technology works as advertised. if it takes a little more time, so be it, as Acura needs this to be a winner....which I think it will be!

I agree.....I went looking on car lots yesterday, the Infinity QX50 is beautiful, but when you start adding all the luxury items to it that the new RDX has, there is no comparison in price ! I really like the looks of the new Q5 Audi, but if you read the consumer reviews, there are many issues already, and then if you go to Honda CRV , there is a big problem with 1.5 turbo. I'm not a huge fan of Volvo, and Mercedes and BMW loaded are also out of a price range I want to be, so the RDX fits perfectly into a price range I feel comfortable with, and has so much to offer, and has great looks inside and out as far as current pics show.
I'm going to think positive that they will make sure this is a winner !! As you said, it needs to be, and I would very much like to have one !! :) I'm sure others feel the same as I do about this car !

HotRodW 04-30-2018 08:26 AM

Originally Posted by RDL1 (Post 16226511)
I agree.....I went looking on car lots yesterday, the Infinity QX50 is beautiful, but when you start adding all the luxury items to it that the new RDX has, there is no comparison in price ! I really like the looks of the new Q5 Audi, but if you read the consumer reviews, there are many issues already, and then if you go to Honda CRV , there is a big problem with 1.5 turbo. I'm not a huge fan of Volvo, and Mercedes and BMW loaded are also out of a price range I want to be, so the RDX fits perfectly into a price range I feel comfortable with, and has so much to offer, and has great looks inside and out as far as current pics show.
I'm going to think positive that they will make sure this is a winner !! As you said, it needs to be, and I would very much like to have one !! :) I'm sure others feel the same as I do about this car !

I appreciate your excitement, but you might want to temper it a bit until Acura announces prices. With more standard features, the base price could jump more than you are expecting. One could argue it should increase if Acura is going to be viewed as a luxury brand rather than a premium brand a rung below the Europeans. And even if the base price doesn't jump dramatically, I'll be shocked if the upper end of the range does not. Again, as it should.

Without knowing exactly what equipment will be standard, I'm sticking with my earlier estimate of $39,000 to $39,500 base msrp. Still a bargain for the segment.

RDL1 04-30-2018 09:25 AM

With what I have read , and I don't know where the info comes from, maybe pure speculation, but several articles say it shouldn't jump more than 1000 - 2000, so an Advanced would go from 45 to maybe 47 ? If it jumps much more than that, it goes into MDX territory.

HotRodW 04-30-2018 09:41 AM

Originally Posted by RDL1 (Post 16226578)
With what I have read , and I don't know where the info comes from, maybe pure speculation, but several articles say it shouldn't jump more than 1000 - 2000, so an Advanced would go from 45 to maybe 47 ? If it jumps much more than that, it goes into MDX territory.

As long as the equipment justifies it, it's okay if it goes into MDX territory.

PanAnna 04-30-2018 10:10 AM

Originally Posted by 19RDX (Post 16226449)
That's why I made an account here. I've never bought a brand new vehicle, but this one has everything I'm looking for (right size, tech, engine, mpg, etc.).

Do we have info on mpg?

GTF 04-30-2018 01:21 PM

Re: Pricing...
Given what I've read as far as equipment, features, etc....RDX competition on Advance would be Q-5, X-3, and GLC currently priced at $55-58K. If RDX stays under $50K there will be still be significant price advantage. Hard to believe quality/features would dramatically improve without significant $ increase. Hope it's true....buy some market share.