Am I the only one with no problems?

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2018, 03:15 PM
EFR
Burning Brakes

Received 254 Likes on 183 Posts
Am I the only one with no problems?

In reading through this forum I am beginning to feel like the only one with no problems. No squeaky brakes, no rattles, no infotainment issues...nothing. Granted I am only about 3 months in, but everything seems to be working just fine. The only 'problem' I have is the push button start...at 61 years old, old habits die hard...but every time I get in I reach for the non-existant keyhole to start it. The trackpad?...it's fine....if i could do it over I would be happier with touchscreen I think, but no big deal. But yeah....unusually problem free for a new and first year car. My first Honda...and all is well.
The following 2 users liked this post by EFR:
Outfitter (12-12-2018), zroger73 (12-11-2018)
Old 12-11-2018, 03:39 PM
Advanced

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by EFR
In reading through this forum I am beginning to feel like the only one with no problems. No squeaky brakes, no rattles, no infotainment issues...nothing. Granted I am only about 3 months in, but everything seems to be working just fine. The only 'problem' I have is the push button start...at 61 years old, old habits die hard...but every time I get in I reach for the non-existant keyhole to start it. The trackpad?...it's fine....if i could do it over I would be happier with touchscreen I think, but no big deal. But yeah....unusually problem free for a new and first year car. My first Honda...and all is well.
I was like you, all was good for first 4-6 weeks, but I do have 1 rattle I can't identify by the passenger seat, and the infotainment has got more buggy over the past two weeks than the first two months I have owned mine. I actually prefer the trackpad, I could not handle dirty finger prints all over the screen in the bright sunlight!. I am hoping the tomorrow's update does improve the infotainment center.
Old 12-11-2018, 03:47 PM
Pro

Received 196 Likes on 124 Posts
Originally Posted by EFR

Your not the only one not having problems. I have found that after starting the car to let the Infotainment System boot up completely and unlock my iPhone XS Max before plugging it in results in no errors. As for the other issues everyones having, I don't have them on my A-Spec. She drives fine, climate controls does it job, and everything lines up. I'm a happy customer. I do hope that Acura is reading this forum and taking a lot of notes to address everyones legit concerns.
Old 12-11-2018, 03:49 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 8,584 Likes on 6,630 Posts
It's just the people who DO have problems also happen to be the ones that are vocal about it. You don't hear from those that don't have problems because well.. they don't usually speak up
The following users liked this post:
Curious3GTL (12-12-2018)
Old 12-11-2018, 03:52 PM
Pro

Received 227 Likes on 140 Posts
I'd guess that most RDX owners have trouble-free examples, but most RDX owners aren't on this forum so you don't hear about their positive experiences. I wish I were part of that group.
Old 12-11-2018, 04:15 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 257 Likes on 177 Posts
The only issue I've been able to replicate is the 'loading loop' when I have AM radio on the small screen and Nav on the big screen. I had a bit of brake noise for a couple of weeks but think it's temperature/humidity related since I can't make it happen since - including today after getting it washed. The 1st to 2nd, and 2nd to 3rd shifts could be smoother but would never think about describing it as harsh or hard.
Old 12-11-2018, 04:18 PM
Pro

Received 218 Likes on 135 Posts
Nope, you're totally not the only one. Love it, and the only "issues" are just minor quibbles, the vast majority of which are just needing to learn how to use some of the new things in the car.

I remember people complaining about the push/pull button gear shifter (instead of a "stick sticking up in the middle of the middle part" -- it's so simple to use. Awesome stuff).

I mean, I still wish for power-folding side-view mirrors, but what can you do. I also love Apple Play with Waze, Google Maps, and Apple Maps. I need to learn how to optimize my ELS Studio settings, but it still sounds very good.

Let's just say, this car's ~60,000 units sold (November 2018 numbers) is not just because. It's a great car that deserves its nominations for car or suv of the year, being favorably compared to the blue bloods (BMW, MB, Volvo, Audi, et al), etc.

This very vocal and emotional forum is not reflective of probably 8 or 9 out of 10 owners' experience. I also have no doubt there are trolls on here and elsewhere stirring things up. There's this dude that gets on the comments section on just about any article or YouTube video about the RDX and trashes the car every chance he gets, saying the same thing over and over again. He even uses the same handle in the various social media sites...ha ha ha. Pretty obsessed, actually.

Not discounting anyone's legit issues, but I'm like you, sometimes, reading Acurazine ("am I the only one?"...lol).
B25Nut (12-12-2018)
Old 12-11-2018, 05:21 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 167 Likes on 124 Posts
Same here guys...no issues with our Advance and over 3 months and 3400 miles totally trouble free.
Old 12-11-2018, 05:30 PM
Pro

Received 123 Likes on 77 Posts
I haven’t had major issues. Very limited to glitchy infotainment which I believe is a faulty usb cable but haven’t made the little effort it takes to put a new on in the car 😆

my biggest issue is the dent someone put in it. 😡

and the tailgate moan which only appears when it’s warm out.

Old 12-11-2018, 05:47 PM
Racer

Received 36 Likes on 33 Posts
Let see, 4 month on my A-Spec, do I have problem?, Nah ...enjoying the car..
Old 12-11-2018, 06:49 PM
Instructor

Received 62 Likes on 38 Posts
No issues with my 2019 Advance. Everything I'd hoped for. I even like the push button transmission to be honest--once I got used to it. But that's not what I'd call a problem in any case. I consider a problem as something addressed under warranty, something not performing as promised, etc. Lack of power mirrors doesn't count. The only 'issue' I had was a false alarm I addressed on another thread about gasoline in the oil. This RDX (my third--one from each generation) is by far the best car I've ever owned (Audi, Volvo, BMW, and many more included). It is a sporty drive but with luxury to spare. Now--I've only had the car close to four months so there is still time for gremlins to appear. But so far--perfect.
Old 12-11-2018, 07:31 PM
WayTooManyAcuras

Received 481 Likes on 223 Posts
I am very close to the 10,000 mile mark, and I have had no real issues. Sure, there have been some infotainment "bugs" (Squeal during playback, AM radio not starting when car starts), but other than those, everything has been great. Love the car, love the A-SPEC, love the color, and am very happy with the car.
Old 12-11-2018, 08:58 PM
Cruisin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Very minimal issues so far primarily with AcuraLink but even that has been solved. Also an intermittent rattle over rough road. No infotainment problems so far. May not rush into the upcoming software update unless it includes Android Auto.
Old 12-11-2018, 10:54 PM
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
4 days of ownership lol... no problem.
Old 12-12-2018, 04:05 AM
Racer

Received 123 Likes on 78 Posts
After three months and the odometer just clicking to 1,419 miles. I'm lovin' my RDX, call sign: The Raptor!

Old 12-12-2018, 05:35 AM
Advanced

Received 39 Likes on 17 Posts
We just went past the 10,000 mile mark and no significant issues. The high rpm in reverse when cold is a minor annoyance but I'm betting Acura addresses it on an update. Love the look and the drive/ride and the wife is getting 24-25 mpg on her daily drive to and from work.
securityguy (12-12-2018)
Old 12-12-2018, 06:10 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 1,092 Likes on 714 Posts
Originally Posted by oblio98
I am very close to the 10,000 mile mark, and I have had no real issues. Sure, there have been some infotainment "bugs" (Squeal during playback, AM radio not starting when car starts), but other than those, everything has been great. Love the car, love the A-SPEC, love the color, and am very happy with the car.
I am in the same boat with the same bugs. Other than the USB playback and radio not loading at times, I am issue free. There was a learning curve with certain systems but I think I am there now @ 7500 miles on mine. I really like this vehicle
Old 12-12-2018, 11:16 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 30 Likes on 22 Posts
I am over two weeks into my A-Spec RDX. Only issue is occasional rattle from dash. Apple Car play a bit buggy when initially plugging my phone. The display shows in progress so I have to unplug and plug back in and display works fine. Overall I am happy.
Old 12-12-2018, 11:28 AM
Pro

Received 219 Likes on 134 Posts
I've had my SH-AWD Tech since June 5th and have experienced only 2 minor issues with 5K miles on the clock:
The tailgate moan when the weather is warm.
Occasional long loading time for audio.

No rattles, squeaky brakes, rough shifting, etc.
The car is capable, quiet, and attractive. I'm very happy with it.
I had quite a bit of trouble with my 2016 TLX SH-AWD Tech. I really liked it nevertheless.
The RDX is much better
Old 12-12-2018, 05:21 PM
MTD
Racer

Received 111 Likes on 59 Posts
Ive had mine since July and it has about 20000kms (12000) miles on it now. Ive had the odd brake noise when they are damp and the infotainment has frozen only twice. One time it was very very cold out and the other my iPhone was trying to auto-update itself. No issues with CarPlay, shifting or any odd noises. Only unscheduled repair was under warranty. The passenger seat made a very audible clunk when occupied and going around a corner. The dealer replaced the seat rails and its now problem free. Im very happy with it, fun to drive, decently quick and a beast in the snow lol. Really no complaints either. I wish the Nav had a bit more fuctionality, but I mostly use Waze now anyway.
Old 12-12-2018, 06:32 PM
Instructor

Received 52 Likes on 29 Posts
Perfection would be nice, but I wonder at times how those who seem obsessed over minor issues with the RDX are able to maintain a stable relationship with their spouses.

As others have said, if you take each individual feature of the RDX, you’ll probably find one other vehicle in its segment that does it better. But adding up the scores for all the features, the RDX wins by a large margin. We couldn’t be happier with our first Acura, and have never thought “we should have purchased a **** instead”.

Last night I set up our RDX so that my wife just had to push the talk button at any time and say “Play: Mary, Did You Know” and the song by Pentatonix would play. Listening to it for the first time on the ELS system, it brought tears to her eyes. She is extremely happy with “her” car.
The following 2 users liked this post by B25Nut:
securityguy (12-12-2018), zroger73 (12-12-2018)
Old 12-12-2018, 07:30 PM
Pro

Received 227 Likes on 140 Posts
Originally Posted by B25Nut
Perfection would be nice, but I wonder at times how those who seem obsessed over minor issues with the RDX are able to maintain a stable relationship with their spouses.

As others have said, if you take each individual feature of the RDX, you’ll probably find one other vehicle in its segment that does it better. But adding up the scores for all the features, the RDX wins by a large margin. We couldn’t be happier with our first Acura, and have never thought “we should have purchased a **** instead”.

Last night I set up our RDX so that my wife just had to push the talk button at any time and say “Play: Mary, Did You Know” and the song by Pentatonix would play. Listening to it for the first time on the ELS system, it brought tears to her eyes. She is extremely happy with “her” car.
This is but one of many reasons I never married.

Agreed - I've never found a perfect car at any price from any manufacturer. Older Hondas in the late-80's to early-2000's were among the better ones in this regard. It seems like each of the ten new Hondas I've purchased over the last 12 years has had more problems than the last, though none have ever left me stranded. Most problems have been minor annoyances. The RDX is indeed a great overall package. Typical of most Hondas, it doesn't do anything best, but it does most things very well.

The ELS 3D system is one of the best factory system I've ever heard in a vehicle in the five-digit price range. I got chills and was moved to tears the first time I listened to Elements by Lindsey Stirling at concert-level volumes.
Old 12-12-2018, 08:13 PM
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Same. No issues whatsoever, once I learned to not plug IPhone in for CarPlay until after the Infotainment System boots up. Took me about a week to get used to/learn the technology but after that I really like it.
Old 12-12-2018, 10:06 PM
Intermediate

Received 20 Likes on 12 Posts
You are not alone....

My 3rd Acura is my 2019 RDX SH-AWD Advance & so far (4 months) is as perfect as the 1st 2 (2003 TL S & 2004 RSX S) -both still owned). Don't worry about the complaints. If your is good, yours is good. Every brand/model has some problems,
​​​ & it seems to have become a national pastime to complain.
Old 12-13-2018, 12:11 AM
You'll Never Walk Alone

Received 834 Likes on 518 Posts
No issue...other than being involved in an accident..........
Old 12-13-2018, 11:31 PM
Intermediate

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
You are definitely not alone. Upon two months of owning and driving, mostly positive experiences keep piling. Nothing serious to seek the collective intelligence support for, or asking dealer to help with. One of the latest pleasant discoveries is theESL audio system ability to play 24 High Definition FLAC music files. The 3D audio quality is fantastic, making XM satellite listening experiences of the past. I hope to see more of mechanical ( driving accuracy, LCAS, ACC) and infortaintment based dialog developing with this car.

Old 12-14-2018, 07:16 AM
Unregistered Member

Received 45 Likes on 32 Posts
No issues here...perfect so far.
Old 12-14-2018, 02:44 PM
Instructor

Received 46 Likes on 32 Posts
I have no issues as well.
Old 12-18-2018, 01:19 PM
Intermediate

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
Squealy brakes is all I've had, but that is not a new thing for this model. All 3 previous RDXs had this issue as well. Dealer usually fixes it.