All Weather Mats and Cargo Tray

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2018, 04:13 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 262 Likes on 160 Posts
Yeah....but your Acura dealer will install the floor mats....that alone is worth ummm...like $5. Someone actually posted the install prices on some of these items. It was a joke.
Either negotiate the accessories into the deal when they are not moving on price, or go to some of the online sellers.
Old 07-04-2018, 09:10 PM
MTD
Racer

Received 111 Likes on 59 Posts
I got my liners and rear tray thrown in for free. But I'll prob still grab a set of WeatherTechs as the Acura mats dont seem to have the coverage that the WT would.
Old 07-05-2018, 11:37 PM
Drifting

Received 586 Likes on 432 Posts
Originally Posted by birdonamission
As far as "winter slop," what's wrong with the OEMs all-weathers handling that? I've been through 2 winters with my '17 and they have had not one iota of a problem dealing with the any of that.
The rubber mats could care less if if they were immersed in a vat of semi-frozen brine, but if you want to keep the salt creep off the carpet under the gas/brake pedals and the area around the dead pedal, the WeatherTechs have superior coverage of that area. If your "winters" are devoid of snow and slush, or you live in a cabin in the Klondike where no one ever heard of road salt, no worries...

( You asked... )
Old 07-06-2018, 12:43 AM
Pro

Received 218 Likes on 135 Posts

Originally Posted by Wander
The rubber mats could care less if if they were immersed in a vat of semi-frozen brine, but if you want to keep the salt creep off the carpet under the gas/brake pedals and the area around the dead pedal, the WeatherTechs have superior coverage of that area. If your "winters" are devoid of snow and slush, or you live in a cabin in the Klondike where no one ever heard of road salt, no worries...

( You asked... )
Your “superior” WeatherTechs could care less, but the OEMs truly couldn’t care less. I wouldn’t think so, anyway.

Your Wisconsin winters might be bigger or harsher than our Maryland winters, but trust me, Mid-Atlantic winter storms, including the occasional nor’easter, are hardly “devoid of snow and slush.” We definitely get our share, as unpredictable as it often is.
Old 07-06-2018, 01:15 AM
Drifting

Received 586 Likes on 432 Posts
Originally Posted by birdonamission

Your “superior” WeatherTechs could care less, but the OEMs truly couldn’t care less. I wouldn’t think so, anyway.

Your Wisconsin winters might be bigger or harsher than our Maryland winters, but trust me, Mid-Atlantic winter storms, including the occasional nor’easter, are hardly “devoid of snow and slush.” We definitely get our share, as unpredictable as it often is.
With the OEMs there is exposed carpet directly under the gas pedal, around the dead pedal, and to either side of the "strip" of protection under the brake pedal. Melting slush dropping off of shoes/boots will land there. Trust me.

I'm not saying the OEMs are bad, or that the WeatherTechs are perfect, but as someone who actively seeks out snow, I find a functional difference. The "high-wall" OEMs are better than previous renditions, but the "high-walls" in our 2014 MDX don't provide as much protection as the WeatherTechs in our other Honda/Acura vehicles. And guess who gets to wet vac the carpet to keep it nice and clean.

The downside of the WeatherTechs is that the thin sidewalls tend to curl inward after many years of loyal service. But that's mostly a cosmetic issue.

I will probably end up buying a set of WeatherTechs for the front when they are finally released, and use those for winter. But I like the OEMs. They look nice, and they should provide good 3-season protection.
The following users liked this post:
catbert430 (07-07-2018)
Old 07-06-2018, 05:31 AM
Drifting

Received 1,024 Likes on 714 Posts
Originally Posted by SK1124
wow. I'm dumb. Pretty new to the car world, so I didn't realize you can get these things so much cheaper from a third party (and they are 100% legit and not even knockoffs!). I regret buying the rear tray, all weather mats and rear seat cover from my dealer! Could of saved some coin! Ah well. Nice to know I can pick up other accessories online if needed down the road. Thanks for the link!
Curry Acura is a legit Acura dealership in Scarsdale NY, part of the Curry group which has been family owned for 100 years. They have pictures of Mr. Curry and The Babe. Ruth bought a lot of cars from Curry.
Old 07-06-2018, 06:54 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 257 Likes on 177 Posts
Originally Posted by Wander
The downside of the WeatherTechs is that the thin sidewalls tend to curl inward after many years of loyal service. But that's mostly a cosmetic issue.

I will probably end up buying a set of WeatherTechs for the front when they are finally released...
Look into the 3D Maxpider before popping for the WTs. They look much better (opinion), fit better in all the vehicles I've had them in (fact), and the sidewalls don't collapse (fact). I've had the 3Ds and WTs in the same vehicle so that's an apples-to-apples comparison.
Colorado Guy AF Ret. (07-11-2018)
Old 07-09-2018, 02:47 PM
Car Crazy for Sure!

Received 432 Likes on 299 Posts
Smile OEM's vs Weather Techs

I had been buying WT for many years. But, decided to switch to OEM's 2 cars ago. I always get them for 25% off when I buy my RDX's, etc......and so the pricing is right. And, the OEM's have served us well....and I
do live in snow country. My new '19 RDX has the floor mats and the cargo tray.

WT's are expensive and not necessarily better than the OEM"S. IMHO. And I do have many years of testing each kind. Each to their own I guess. But, I don't mind spending the money IF what I'm buying has no
competition and IS the best.

FWIW
Old 07-10-2018, 10:24 PM
Pro

Received 219 Likes on 134 Posts
Got Car Coasters for the cupholders and Clear Covers for the license plates so I have a little bit of WeatherTech. Everything else is OEM that I got discounted. (All-weather mats, cargo tray, cargo cover, cargo net, and bumper applique)
Old 07-11-2018, 11:01 AM
WayTooManyAcuras

Received 481 Likes on 223 Posts
Originally Posted by catbert430
Got Car Coasters for the cupholders and Clear Covers for the license plates so I have a little bit of WeatherTech. Everything else is OEM that I got discounted. (All-weather mats, cargo tray, cargo cover, cargo net, and bumper applique)
How are the Car Coasters and what do they do for you? If they're worthy I will get them as well. Can you give us a description of their use?

Thanks!

Old 07-11-2018, 04:08 PM
Pro

Originally Posted by oblio98
How are the Car Coasters and what do they do for you? If they're worthy I will get them as well. Can you give us a description of their use?

Thanks!
Just a nice little layer of silicone rubber padding for the bottom of the cupholders. They are round and the cup holders are not but, they adapt.
The main advantage is that they are easily removable and washable. It may be just me but, I always seem to drip coffee into my cupholders and it's nice to take these out and rinse them.
oblio98 (07-13-2018)
Old 07-24-2018, 10:24 PM
Pro

Received 123 Likes on 77 Posts
What are you guys doing with the carpet mats that came with the car after you put all weathers in? I feel bad just sitting them in the basement.
Old 07-24-2018, 10:36 PM
Racer

Received 26 Likes on 21 Posts
Originally Posted by Dizzyg12
What are you guys doing with the carpet mats that came with the car after you put all weathers in? I feel bad just sitting them in the basement.
That’s their typical role with my vehicles. I used to do carpet in the summer, all-weather in the winter. Now, the carpet ones play a similar role as the cargo cover, basement storage dwellers.
Old 07-25-2018, 06:38 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 257 Likes on 177 Posts
I usually do the carpet in summer and AW's in the winter. Since 'discovering' the 3D Maxpider my tendency is to leave them in year 'round just because they look good enough for that. (IMO typical winter mats look a bit like pickup truck bed liners and detract from the interior appearance.)

What I like about switching for the season is I can get either the carpet mats or the winter mats in a contrasting color to give a different 'feel' to the interior twice a year. My '14 Cadillac SRX was really good for that because the interior was a dark brown and beige combination (carpet being beige). For the winter I used tan mats but in summer switched to dark brown carpet for a really nice effect. The tan winter mats worked out well because they tended to 'hide' the salt crud better than a darker color.

This approach might not work for all color combinations but is still something I'm going to give serious thought to for the RDX. I'm getting the parchment interior so tan winter mats may work as well as the did in my SRX, at least I hope they will once somebody makes them for the RDX.
Old 07-25-2018, 03:06 PM
Instructor

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts
Originally Posted by MI-RDX
I usually do the carpet in summer and AW's in the winter. Since 'discovering' the 3D Maxpider my tendency is to leave them in year 'round just because they look good enough for that. (IMO typical winter mats look a bit like pickup truck bed liners and detract from the interior appearance.)

What I like about switching for the season is I can get either the carpet mats or the winter mats in a contrasting color to give a different 'feel' to the interior twice a year. My '14 Cadillac SRX was really good for that because the interior was a dark brown and beige combination (carpet being beige). For the winter I used tan mats but in summer switched to dark brown carpet for a really nice effect. The tan winter mats worked out well because they tended to 'hide' the salt crud better than a darker color.

This approach might not work for all color combinations but is still something I'm going to give serious thought to for the RDX. I'm getting the parchment interior so tan winter mats may work as well as the did in my SRX, at least I hope they will once somebody makes them for the RDX.

Never heard of the 3d Maxpiders before so I Googled a pic and you're absolutely right, they actually "look like a carpet mat" and would look good year round. My SUV has cheap knock off WeatherTech clones that look like crap -- they actually look better when covered with slush and salt stains -- at least they look useful.

Old 07-25-2018, 05:52 PM
WayTooManyAcuras

Received 481 Likes on 223 Posts
Originally Posted by catbert430
Just a nice little layer of silicone rubber padding for the bottom of the cupholders. They are round and the cup holders are not but, they adapt.
The main advantage is that they are easily removable and washable. It may be just me but, I always seem to drip coffee into my cupholders and it's nice to take these out and rinse them.
Thanks for the tip. I just ordered the car coasters and 2 license plate frames from WeatherTech. $15 shipping! Yikes.
Old 07-25-2018, 07:07 PM
Pro

Originally Posted by oblio98
Thanks for the tip. I just ordered the car coasters and 2 license plate frames from WeatherTech. $15 shipping! Yikes.
Yes, their shipping sucks.
They only sent me 1 license plate cover and I had to call and reorder the second one.
I made sure they didn't charge shipping on the second one.
Old 01-26-2019, 01:38 PM
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Feedback on Tuxmat Cargo Tray/Mat?

I keep seeing great feedback on this forum Tuxmat floor mats, but has anyone tried the Tuxmat Cargo Tray/Mat? With two German "Shedder" dogs who routinely like to get dirty and wet, I'm having a hard time deciding. Here are my thoughts in researching:

WeatherTech: I had this cargo tray in my MDX. It was thin, but easy to clean. It slid around a bit and eventually warped and curled on the edges over the years
Acura OEM: I like that this tray is foldable so you can access the compartments underneath, but it doesn't seem to be one piece so I wonder how protective it is against my monsters' grossness
Tuxmax: I don't know anything about this cargo tray except for the picture they sent me (since it wasn't pictured, but sold, on their website).

Anyone have this cargo mat? Or love the one they have?
Old 02-01-2019, 06:07 PM
Instructor

Received 62 Likes on 38 Posts
I just replaced the OEM front mats with Tuxmats. Wow. Really nice. I've always used Weathertechs in the past. No more.
Old 04-14-2019, 07:42 PM
5th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by doggoride
I keep seeing great feedback on this forum Tuxmat floor mats, but has anyone tried the Tuxmat Cargo Tray/Mat? With two German "Shedder" dogs who routinely like to get dirty and wet, I'm having a hard time deciding. Here are my thoughts in researching:

WeatherTech: I had this cargo tray in my MDX. It was thin, but easy to clean. It slid around a bit and eventually warped and curled on the edges over the years
Acura OEM: I like that this tray is foldable so you can access the compartments underneath, but it doesn't seem to be one piece so I wonder how protective it is against my monsters' grossness
Tuxmax: I don't know anything about this cargo tray except for the picture they sent me (since it wasn't pictured, but sold, on their website).

Anyone have this cargo mat? Or love the one they have?

Here's what the TuxMat cargo liner looks like in the car. It feels nice and sturdy like the floor amts but it seems a little too big along the edges. When I close/open the liftgate I can hear a "thud" like its trying to close on something thats a little too big. I got this in a kit along with the front and back seat liners but I will be returning the trunk liner. I am going to go with the OEM trunk liner so I can have easier access to the bottom compartments.

Old 04-15-2019, 09:31 AM
Racer

Received 36 Likes on 33 Posts
Agree for the trunk, I prefer the OEM Acura..
Old 04-15-2019, 01:49 PM
Drifting

Received 1,024 Likes on 714 Posts
Originally Posted by Yotrek
Agree for the trunk, I prefer the OEM Acura..
I like my OEM one, that Tux looks like it won’t bend a bit, and I find I am using that covered storage bin quite a lot.
markm929 (04-15-2019)
Old 04-15-2019, 06:15 PM
Skeptic

Received 427 Likes on 283 Posts
I got the OEM floor mats and folding cargo tray right away from Bernardi. I had a cargo cover ("window shade") for my Pilot. I almost never used it and it only got in the way if I had to fold the seats down to carry something big, so it spent most of its life in the corner of my garage.

What I'm really waiting for is the Weathertech in-channel window visors, front and back. I hope they come out before the summer. When I park in the blazing Sun, I leave all the windows open about an inch. It keeps the interior at least 20 degrees cooler than if the cars was buttoned up tight. Looking at the car, you wouldn't know the windows were open unless you walk up and peer under the visors. And if T-storms roll in, I'm not one of those people who has to run out and close the windows.

If you want them too, I urge you to sign up at Weathertech's site for an email notification when they're available. Maybe the more interest they get, the sooner they'll make them.
Old 08-12-2019, 06:49 PM
Expanse me

Received 299 Likes on 226 Posts
I just ordered and received front and rear Maxpider floormats from CARiD. They are just awesome!
https://www.carid.com/2019-acura-rdx...057517071.html
Old 08-13-2019, 03:16 AM
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Here's a picture of the Acura cargo protector

Old 08-13-2019, 06:51 AM
8th Gear

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by V1cg
Typically what kind of material is the cargo tray.
do they come in rubber-like foldable like the mats?
Old 08-13-2019, 08:10 PM
Expanse me

under mat

driver

rear seats
It is not rubber like. but weather proof for sure. they look and fit really well. They have a backing that have tight 'hairs' to keep them in place. very well made. I am impressed. I did not see a set for the back hatch online, so I don't know if they have those available. Look on CARiD.
Old 08-27-2019, 09:21 AM
6th Gear

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Black on Graystone

Hey all,

Just got my RDX Tech (Modern Steel with graystone) and have been trolling thru the floormat discussion. I like the Tuxmats and the Maxpiders, but it looks like the tuxmats only come in Black and the Maxpiders come in gray, but aren't widely available.

Has anyone installed the black mats on a lighter interior? Any concerns about them contrasting and sticking out too much?
Old 08-27-2019, 09:26 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by Funz51

under mat

driver

rear seats
It is not rubber like. but weather proof for sure. they look and fit really well. They have a backing that have tight 'hairs' to keep them in place. very well made. I am impressed. I did not see a set for the back hatch online, so I don't know if they have those available. Look on CARiD.
did you get the rear mat too?
Old 08-27-2019, 11:11 AM
Expanse me

Originally Posted by deke
did you get the rear mat too?
no, i got the Acura weatherproof matt in the back b/c it folds on the crease..
Old 08-27-2019, 05:12 PM
Skeptic

Originally Posted by livi19
Has anyone installed the black mats on a lighter interior? Any concerns about them contrasting and sticking out too much?
I put the black Acura OEM mats in my parchment interior. Lighter color mats get icky over time. The carpet mats are black too. Aren't yours?
Old 08-27-2019, 06:39 PM
Cruisin'

Just installed my new MAXLINER mats in my 2020 RDX (tech, modern steel). They look great, fit like a glove.
Old 08-27-2019, 08:53 PM
6th Gear

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by NooYawkuh
I put the black Acura OEM mats in my parchment interior. Lighter color mats get icky over time. The carpet mats are black too. Aren't yours?
They are. For some reason, I had it in my head they were lighter. Just goes to show that I have not spent enough time behind the wheel yet (contrary to what the wife may believe)
Old 08-27-2019, 09:06 PM
Racer

Received 123 Likes on 78 Posts
Originally Posted by SCWinner

Just installed my new MAXLINER mats in my 2020 RDX (tech, modern steel). They look great, fit like a glove.
Those MAX LINER mats look great. Have you considered the
MAX LINER D0398 Weather Custom Fit Cargo Liner Trunk Floor Mat Black for 2019 Acura RDX-All Models MAX LINER D0398 Weather Custom Fit Cargo Liner Trunk Floor Mat Black for 2019 Acura RDX-All Models
?

Old 08-27-2019, 09:15 PM
Cruisin'

Originally Posted by EXCALIBUR1
Thanks for the heads up, but I have the OEM cargo mat. Cheers
Old 08-28-2019, 06:52 PM
Advanced

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by Dizzyg12
I installed all possible Acura OEM rubber mats including trunk+back of backseat and over the wheels. I kept original mats underneath. In order to "lock" driver mat I had to cut circle in fabric mat to be able to bend down a little rubber mat. One fabric mat is damaged, but it wasn't useful to me anyway. Double mats might also silence the car a little better.
Old 08-28-2019, 07:27 PM
Skeptic

Originally Posted by Jerzy
I installed all possible Acura OEM rubber mats including trunk+back of backseat and over the wheels. I kept original mats underneath. In order to "lock" driver mat I had to cut circle in fabric mat to be able to bend down a little rubber mat. One fabric mat is damaged, but it wasn't useful to me anyway. Double mats might also silence the car a little better.
Not a good idea. Doubling up mats can create a dangerous situation with the paddles. Most mats even come with a warning against doing it.
Old 08-28-2019, 07:42 PM
Advanced

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by NooYawkuh
Not a good idea. Doubling up mats can create a dangerous situation with the paddles. Most mats even come with a warning against doing it.
It is because mat below prevents, without modification, from proper locking driver's mat. It's no issue for passengers' mats.
Old 09-22-2019, 09:41 PM
Racer

Received 123 Likes on 78 Posts
Based on the recommendations of fellow forum members, I ordered:

MAX LINER A0398/B0398 Custom Fit Floor Mats 2 Row Liner Set Black for 2019 Acura RDX All Models
MAX LINER D0398 Weather Custom Fit Cargo Liner Trunk Floor Mat Black for 2019 Acura RDX-All Models

They fit the 2019 Acura RDX perfectly and are much better fit, finish, and quality than the OEM all-season floor mats and cargo liner. Get your's today and enjoy!

Old 09-23-2019, 05:56 PM
User Awaiting Email Confirmation

Received 381 Likes on 235 Posts
I have the WeatherTechs on mine and ... eh. The fronts are fantastic. I like the fact that it covers some of the dead pedal, unlike the OEM one. I wish it went all the way up, but I actually found that the way I rest my foot, it perfectly sits with the top of the WeatherTech. Wish I was on here before with those 3D liners, they do look quite nice. I would only recommend the fronts if you must go WeatherTech. I found the rear did not sit well at all. The corners don't sit flush on two of the corners. I thought maybe they'd eventually relax and conform, but they haven't and it's been two months now. There's hardly any space, but I notice it and it annoys me, especially for paying a premium for them.

Quick Reply: All Weather Mats and Cargo Tray