AcuraLink Remote Activation

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2018, 07:42 PM
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AcuraLink Remote Activation

I have had my new RDX for a month now (in Canada), and have not able to get my AcuraLink Remote Trial activated.
The mobile iPhone app gives me some sort of submission error then attempting to activate. I have spoken to 8 different people on the phone and nobody seems to be able to resolve an issue.
All they said that it is escalated and wait 10 business days.

Very frustrating. Anyone else out there has had the same experience, or it is just me, unlucky?
Old 07-23-2018, 09:09 PM
Pro

Received 109 Likes on 70 Posts
Use your PC to activate it. It works better for the activation. The code will come up in your system and then enter on your PC for confirmation.
Old 07-23-2018, 09:22 PM
Racer

Received 123 Likes on 86 Posts
It took me 1 call to tech support then a wait of 1 day until they got mine working. I had tried both my pc and the app to activate, neither worked.
Old 07-23-2018, 09:54 PM
Pro

I guess I got lucky as I got mine to work on the first time. I wasn't aware activation was an issue.
Old 07-23-2018, 10:08 PM
Pro

Received 123 Likes on 77 Posts
I never saw my activation code come through on the car and subsequently didn’t enter any code on the pc but my phone works....
Old 07-23-2018, 10:39 PM
Racer

Received 29 Likes on 26 Posts
Outside of remote start, the app does nothing for me. The status doesn’t update on mine. Having fuel and range info along with tire pressure was kind of neat but it says it updates but the info is wrong. Not ready for prime time.
Old 07-23-2018, 10:44 PM
Registered TL Owner

Received 95 Likes on 62 Posts
Originally Posted by Fury63
Outside of remote start, the app does nothing for me. The status doesn’t update on mine. Having fuel and range info along with tire pressure was kind of neat but it says it updates but the info is wrong. Not ready for prime time.
I’ve had no issues with my app. Set it up using the camera to capture the VIN and Bluetooth to authenticate. Running iOS 11.4.1 on an iPhone X
Old 07-23-2018, 11:45 PM
Advanced

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Hows the responsiveness of the app when remote starting? does it take more than a few seconds to communicate with the car? is remote start avail in the widget (IOS)?
Old 07-23-2018, 11:51 PM
Registered TL Owner

Originally Posted by burn1010
Hows the responsiveness of the app when remote starting? does it take more than a few seconds to communicate with the car? is remote start avail in the widget (IOS)?
thank you for asking this question because I would have never thought to even check that. Yes, it is available as a widget with start, lock and car finder as options

Old 07-24-2018, 07:20 AM
Racer

Originally Posted by burn1010
it is not instant. After hitting start, you need to enter your 4 didget code or use Touch ID, which is a couple of seconds, and I haven’t timed it, but it then takes maybe 20 seconds to start.
The following users liked this post:
burn1010 (07-24-2018)
Old 07-24-2018, 07:40 AM
Racer

Originally Posted by kikimora
I have had my new RDX for a month now (in Canada), and have not able to get my AcuraLink Remote Trial activated.
The mobile iPhone app gives me some sort of submission error then attempting to activate. I have spoken to 8 different people on the phone and nobody seems to be able to resolve an issue.
All they said that it is escalated and wait 10 business days.

Very frustrating. Anyone else out there has had the same experience, or it is just me, unlucky?
Back to our regular scheduled programming...it seems to me the dealer had to do something on their end for this before I could register. Probably something with the VIN. Anyone else remember?
Old 07-24-2018, 08:41 AM
Cruisin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
It does not work well for remote start; for us it takes several tries go get the RDX started; having the fob remote accessory installed this Friday.
The following users liked this post:
burn1010 (07-24-2018)
Old 07-24-2018, 10:29 AM
Advanced

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by DACAR
It does not work well for remote start; for us it takes several tries go get the RDX started; having the fob remote accessory installed this Friday.
I heard that somewhere else. Will def be getting remote start via fob. I have it now and it's useful not just for the remote start and good range, but the feedback lights as well.
Old 07-24-2018, 11:05 AM
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Back to our regular scheduled programming...it seems to me the dealer had to do something on their end for this before I could register. Probably something with the VIN. Anyone else remember?
Yes, I received an email from AcuraLink the day after purchase where the dealer had enrolled me into Acuralink connected vehicle service. I clicked on the links and followed the steps in the email.
Old 07-24-2018, 02:02 PM
Racer

Received 166 Likes on 107 Posts
I had to activate mine from pressing the AcuraLink button in the vehicle, but have had zero issues with any of the features so far
Old 07-24-2018, 04:48 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by Meto
I had to activate mine from pressing the AcuraLink button in the vehicle, but have had zero issues with any of the features so far
What does pressing the button do normally? Concierge?
Old 07-24-2018, 05:42 PM
Racer

What does pressing the button do normally? Concierge?
Options for find a location by voice, roadside assistance, and concierge.
Old 07-28-2018, 11:40 AM
Racer

After contacting support and getting Acuralink app to work early last week, it died a few days ago.The Status screen in the app gives me range, oil life, and odo, but hit refresh and I get "Cannot Connect with Vehicle at this Time". Remote start/stop, remote lock/unlock and map send destination functions also do not work. I called Acuralink link from my phone, and I can hear them, but they can't hear me, and they hung up on me. I had the same problem using the button in the car for another issue last weekend. At this rate, Acuralink is basically worthless.
Old 07-28-2018, 01:42 PM
Pro

My wife is using quite a bit currently and no issue for her so far. I will need to inquire on all activities she has success or not with.
Old 07-28-2018, 07:39 PM
Advanced

Received 22 Likes on 13 Posts
Mine attempts to activate fall down when I attempt to add the vehicle. I scan the bar code successfully, press the "continue" button, it furbles for a few seconds, then fails with the following pop-up:

Access to this vehicle is restricted to specific users. If you don't have access, contact the primary driver to request access.
I'm the primary driver, dillweed! And I have no clue how to respond were I to follow these instructions and request access from myself.
Old 07-28-2018, 08:46 PM
Drifting

Received 117 Likes on 99 Posts
To me this is a big cash grab. No one would buy Acuralink before so they took the remote start away from the key FOB, so you had to buy Acuralink. Very annoying and the best is issues with it.
Old 07-29-2018, 02:15 AM
Drifting

Received 586 Likes on 432 Posts
Originally Posted by DrWoo
After contacting support and getting Acuralink app to work early last week, it died a few days ago.The Status screen in the app gives me range, oil life, and odo, but hit refresh and I get "Cannot Connect with Vehicle at this Time". Remote start/stop, remote lock/unlock and map send destination functions also do not work. I called Acuralink link from my phone, and I can hear them, but they can't hear me, and they hung up on me. I had the same problem using the button in the car for another issue last weekend. At this rate, Acuralink is basically worthless.
AcuraLink requires an AT&T cellular service for it's built-in cellular device. Either the service is marginal in your area, or the built-in device is malfunctioning.
Old 07-29-2018, 03:06 AM
Pro

Originally Posted by Wander
AcuraLink requires an AT&T cellular service for it's built-in cellular device. Either the service is marginal in your area, or the built-in device is malfunctioning.
I have not experienced this in the Houston metro area. My service has worked just fine without issue.
Old 07-29-2018, 01:35 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by HillbillyInBC
Mine attempts to activate fall down when I attempt to add the vehicle. I scan the bar code successfully, press the "continue" button, it furbles for a few seconds, then fails with the following pop-up:

I'm the primary driver, dillweed! And I have no clue how to respond were I to follow these instructions and request access from myself.
I called Acuralink support this morning, and it appears that the finance manager at my dealer has already activated it for this car in his name. So now they need to hear from him in order to deactivate it before I can re-activate it in my name. My guess is that they did that so they could show off the remote access features to customers, because my car was prominently displayed on their showroom floor before I bought it.

Too bad about that dealer survey they were counting on. I don't think it's going to turn out the way they wanted.
Old 07-29-2018, 02:11 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 257 Likes on 177 Posts
..it appears that the finance manager at my dealer has already activated it for this car in his name. So now they need to hear from him in order to deactivate it before I can re-activate it in my name. My guess is that they did that so they could show off the remote access features to customers, because my car was prominently displayed on their showroom floor before I bought it...
Yeah, that's a significant oversight on the dealer's part. Nothing like lowering the customer's initial satisfaction right out the door.
Old 07-29-2018, 02:48 PM
Racer

I called Acuralink support this morning, ...
You actually got a live person on a Sunday? Every time I call, I’m told tech support is only available M-F.
Old 07-29-2018, 03:01 PM
Advanced

You actually got a live person on a Sunday? Every time I call, I’m told tech support is only available M-F.
Sure enough. +1 800 289 8585 was the magic number. I think that number popped up on the screen when I pressed the Link button in the headliner and it failed to connect. I phoned that number at 8:12 AM PDT and reached an actual live human being after a relatively short route through the typical voicemail prompts ("Press '1' for English..."). She took my name and VIN and figured out the source of the problem rather quickly.
Old 07-30-2018, 06:32 PM
Drifting

Received 1,024 Likes on 714 Posts

Maybe they said “Tech support is not availabe, MF”

Whole different thing.
Old 07-31-2018, 01:51 AM
10th Gear

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts
FWIW, I have had no issues using the remote start/lock functions on the app.
It takes about 4 seconds to start after putting the request.

If the car is in an area with no cell signal (and/or the phone doesn't either) it obviously doesn't work. Guess phone could have wifi.

I like how it shows the ambient temp in the car after it has started, and how long it will stay on for (and how you can extend it).

One minor annoyance for me is after remote starting the car and then getting into it, it leaves the cooled seats on level 3 for both driver and passenger, so I have to turn the passenger side off if I am alone. Really nitpicking here though.
Old 07-31-2018, 06:21 AM
Advanced

Finally got mine activated, after a rather painful phone support session (I had to re-establish my account registration over the phone, and the poor Acura Canada support rep was really struggling with the thick accent that corresponds with my account name here). So far I've only managed to establish that it won't work here at home, as my parking spot is buried two levels down in an underground parkade with no GPS, sat radio, Wi-Fi, or cell service. But I'm not too concerned about that; climate control in the parkade is sufficient that I won't need to pre-heat/pre-cool the cabin before my trips that start here. So I'm still eagerly awaiting my first test of the system, but I've already concluded that the app is begging for an Apple Watch companion.
Old 07-31-2018, 11:30 AM
Registered TL Owner

Originally Posted by froston13

One minor annoyance for me is after remote starting the car and then getting into it, it leaves the cooled seats on level 3 for both driver and passenger, so I have to turn the passenger side off if I am alone. Really nitpicking here though.
I don’t think this is nit picking- it annoys me too. In my previous TLX I could leave the passenger’s seat on auto and once the car was on it would only activate if someone was sitting in the seat. I don’t know why they didn’t incorporate this feature into the RDX. After all, the seat already has a weight sensor for the airbag. Another first world problem... lol