AcuraLink app issue - Android

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2019, 11:09 AM
Advanced

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
AcuraLink app issue - Android

I have the app on an android phone running Marshmallow (6.0.1).

Multiple times per day I get the Acura icon in the top notification bar. If I go into the notification, I get a white screen that shows a phone and car and that it is connecting to the vehicle. If I hit "dismiss" then click "I'm safe", it closes and the icon is still in the notification bar. I have to go into the app, refresh the app, then close the app to remove the notification icon. Called the AcuraLink customer service line and they told me to toggle on "block all" in the app notification settings....but that defeats the purpose...doesn't it? When she was walking me through it, the instructions she was reading indicated different options than what I was seeing on my screen...so my thought was her instructions indicated different options in higher OS's?

Maybe in OS above M there are additional app options regarding notifications and I just need a new phone. Anyone else have this issue in M or can tell me if there are also similar notification issues in N and O operating systems?
Old 04-18-2019, 02:22 PM
Racer

Received 44 Likes on 34 Posts
I have Android 9 Pie and have the same issue you described with AcuraLink version 4.0.2. Not sure if this is because I have not started the trail.
Old 04-18-2019, 03:47 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by subin
I have Android 9 Pie and have the same issue you described with AcuraLink version 4.0.2. Not sure if this is because I have not started the trail.
What is the "trail"?
Old 04-18-2019, 04:40 PM
Intermediate

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I think subin meant "trial"?

I see the same issue on my S8 with Android Pie. In Android version 9(Pie) you can set a notification to be "silent and minimized", (which is what I have done) however I think that is a new feature.
Since you are using version 6 (Marshmallow) I"m not sure what you can do besides disable notifications for the Acuralink app.

Honestly I don't know what the notification is supposed to be telling you. I think once it popped up saying that there was a system update, but that update had already been applied.
Maybe if someone tries to steal your RDX and the alarm goes off it will send a notification, I've never been in that situation (thankfully). Otherwise I don't think you will loose any functionality by selecting Block All.
Old 04-18-2019, 05:12 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by 89kraus
I think subin meant "trial"?

I see the same issue on my S8 with Android Pie. In Android version 9(Pie) you can set a notification to be "silent and minimized", (which is what I have done) however I think that is a new feature.
Since you are using version 6 (Marshmallow) I"m not sure what you can do besides disable notifications for the Acuralink app.

Honestly I don't know what the notification is supposed to be telling you. I think once it popped up saying that there was a system update, but that update had already been applied.
Maybe if someone tries to steal your RDX and the alarm goes off it will send a notification, I've never been in that situation (thankfully). Otherwise I don't think you will loose any functionality by selecting Block All.
Right, there are some notifications I would want, of course...that's why I don't want to do "block all". Guess I will live with it until I upgrade my phone. I'm a blackberry guy and not ready to give up my priv yet. Need the physical keyboard, but love the full screen availability. Thanks for the feedback!
Old 09-04-2019, 12:07 PM
Skeptic

Received 427 Likes on 283 Posts
Does anyone know how to delete "Send to Car History"? I can store and delete favorites but not the send-to history. I can delete the send-to history in the car but not the app. I tried clearing cache, clearing data and even uninstalling / reinstalling the app but it's still there. I can't imagine where it's being stored if uninstalling doesn't remove it.

Running the latest version of the app on a new Galaxy S10. I have a call into support but haven't her back.
Old 09-05-2019, 02:27 PM
Advanced

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Comment on the original question...I only get a persistent Acura notification on the phone while the car is running AND my phone is connected to Bluetooth. That was with Android pie. Now in 10, same behavior but you can at least silent notifications without blocking them.

Also no idea how to delete history but haven't searched exhaustively.

I don't mean to hijack, but thought it would be better than a new thread: I just started having a new issue with the app...not sure if it's because I'm on Android 10 now, or the app updated recently, but I went to use the app today and it logged me out (last used it 3 days ago, which was on Android pie, though no other apps logged me out since then). The sign in button is underneath the phone's home button, so I can't click on sign in. Has anyone gotten this and figured out a way to sign in? I tried landscape and screen split to move the link, but the app doesn't support those. I'll email Acura support, but expectations are low:

Old 09-05-2019, 03:17 PM
Skeptic

My home button doesn't cover the sign in link.

Try going into settings a turn off the nav bar. It's on the last page of settings and it turns the nav bar into 3 thin lines on the bottom edge. Once you're signed in, you can change it back. Hopefully then, you'll stay signed in.
Old 09-05-2019, 05:52 PM
Advanced

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by NooYawkuh
My home button doesn't cover the sign in link.

Try going into settings a turn off the nav bar. It's on the last page of settings and it turns the nav bar into 3 thin lines on the bottom edge. Once you're signed in, you can change it back. Hopefully then, you'll stay signed in.
Ah, thank you! I don't ever remember changing any navigation settings, so hopefully this helps others with whatever updated the placement of buttons or links. I found my phone was set to "2-button navigation" under Settings -> System -> Gestures -> System Navigation. Changing it to "gesture navigation" removed the home button to be able to access what was behind it. Not sure I'll ever get used to the gestures now though.
Old 09-05-2019, 06:03 PM
Skeptic

Yeah, you can change the buttons, the order and the number of buttons.
Old 02-27-2022, 10:56 AM
Advanced

Received 20 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by wdmacura
I have the app on an android phone running Marshmallow (6.0.1).

Multiple times per day I get the Acura icon in the top notification bar. If I go into the notification, I get a white screen that shows a phone and car and that it is connecting to the vehicle. If I hit "dismiss" then click "I'm safe", it closes and the icon is still in the notification bar. I have to go into the app, refresh the app, then close the app to remove the notification icon. Called the AcuraLink customer service line and they told me to toggle on "block all" in the app notification settings....but that defeats the purpose...doesn't it? When she was walking me through it, the instructions she was reading indicated different options than what I was seeing on my screen...so my thought was her instructions indicated different options in higher OS's?

Maybe in OS above M there are additional app options regarding notifications and I just need a new phone. Anyone else have this issue in M or can tell me if there are also similar notification issues in N and O operating systems?
Anyone have any success figuring this out? Whenever I turn off the 2022 RDX and come into my house, I notice the android notification telling me it is "Connecting to you vehicle.....". I can't get rid of it without a phone reboot or hiding all notifications from that app.