Received 55 Likes on 34 Posts
Acura RDX VS Lexus NX300

another RDX FTW
The following users liked this post:
DWG (09-07-2018)
Old 09-07-2018, 09:15 PM
8th Gear

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Ever since I bought mine I think I have watched over 60 plus videos on the RDX.
Old 09-07-2018, 11:43 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 869 Likes on 665 Posts
Not surprising at all. The NX was better than the previous generation RDXs but this new RDX shits all over the NX IMO. So much better in every area snd that shitty toyota 2.0T is weak af.
Old 09-08-2018, 02:13 AM
Team Owner

Received 4,416 Likes on 3,322 Posts
I’ve come to realize that Toyota doesn’t excel at anything when it comes to power trains. They don’t have the most powerful engines. They don’t have the fastest cars. They don’t have the best fuel economy. But what they do have is reliability. That’s their shtick. And you can drive a Toyota until the entire car body rusts away, and it’ll still be chugging along, happily.

But for those who love cars, reliability is rarely above everything else. I mean, it is important, but I’d rather get 30hp more out of my engine, than knowing my engine will last another 15-20 years after I SELL the car. I’ve said too many times when I buy a car that I’ll never sell it. But that has yet to hold true at least for myself. And as such, forever reliability is of little importance to me.
Old 09-08-2018, 04:12 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 869 Likes on 665 Posts
Originally Posted by TacoBello
I’ve come to realize that Toyota doesn’t excel at anything when it comes to power trains. They don’t have the most powerful engines. They don’t have the fastest cars. They don’t have the best fuel economy. But what they do have is reliability. That’s their shtick. And you can drive a Toyota until the entire car body rusts away, and it’ll still be chugging along, happily.

But for those who love cars, reliability is rarely above everything else. I mean, it is important, but I’d rather get 30hp more out of my engine, than knowing my engine will last another 15-20 years after I SELL the car. I’ve said too many times when I buy a car that I’ll never sell it. But that has yet to hold true at least for myself. And as such, forever reliability is of little importance to me.
I totally agree with this, Toyota powertrains are almost always average at best. Their 3.5l is average, their 2.0T is below average, their 5.7 and 5.0 are average as well, if not below average. But reliability is definitely the best with Toyota engines.

I also agree, I want my car to last me a good few years but I cannot ever see myself holding on to a car for 10-15 years. Actually the longest I have owned a car ever has been maybe like 1.5 to 2 years. So I will happily sacrifice a little longevity in return for a lot more power and fun. Life is way too short to be driving boring cars.
Old 09-08-2018, 06:59 AM
AZ Community Team

Received 1,581 Likes on 951 Posts
I watched this video a couple of days ago.
NX is an older model, so I can’t say much but at the moment RDX is one of the best vehicles out there.

Acura really nailed it.

There was a member who used to bs saying QX50 has 10,000 units sold in Feb (people reserved the car before even test driving it) and his Acura dealer told him no advance booking for RDX yet. Where is this dude? QX is still at the bottom lol
Old 09-08-2018, 07:22 AM
Advanced

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts
This is what we have in our garage. A white 2018 NX300 and a white 2019 RDX tech, both all wheel drive. I have to say I greatly prefer my RDX. The NX is a nice SUV but I can’t seem to get comfortable in the driver’s seat and the black interior is kind of drab. NX does get decent gas mileage but premium is required (not recommended like my RDX) and it is not nearly as quick as the RDX. All in all, NX is a fine SUV with cool styling (in my opinion) and stronger brand prestige but I’ll take my RDX any day over it.
Old 09-08-2018, 08:45 AM
Instructor

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts
I've had an NX200t F sport for 3 years. I started looking at an RDX Aspec as a replacement. The RDX has much better interior space, storage, leg room, and overall driving dynamics. The awd NX has a lot of torque steer and the trunk is very small. Also the stereo system doesn't compare to the Acura. If I were deciding between these 2 vehicles to purchase now it would be an easy decision.

I never really noticed the smallness of the NX until having a baby. You have to slide the passenger seat all the way forward to fit a rear facing car seat behind it. Theres no cubbies to put things I have to leave my phone in the door pocket. Her stroller takes up the entire trunk so theres no room for suitcases if we take a road trip. The RDX trunk is almost twice the NX capacity and the rear has a lot more usable leg room. The NX trunk is very shallow height wise. The navigation touch pad is awful. When you try to move the mouse cursor the map zooms in and out. It's just a bad system and requires taking your eyes off the road a lot.