Acura CDX? - Page 2 - AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community

Notices

Acura CDX?

Old 02-05-2019, 05:37 PM
Registered Member

Acura has room for a sedan, but all they really need is just one. TLX doesn't sell huge numbers but it still produces okay-ish numbers. RLX and ILX... lol. NSX is out of reach to the majority of buyers so we'll ignore that vehicle. To echo the sentiments of others, Acura NEEDS a CUV to slot under the RDX sooner than later. Acura still has more cars than CUVs, when most other brands are CUV heavy in their lineups. Acura needs to wake up and smell the skid marks, whether from the tires or underwear, I don't care.
Old 02-06-2019, 02:13 AM
Registered Member

Originally Posted by Midnight Mystery View Post

Acura didn't even have an SUV for the first 15 years. Well, the SLX but no one needs to remember that...

However, I aggree SUVs are completely awesome, some guys will still need an Acura sedan...

As much of an SUV person as I am, I'm starting to hate them because they're becoming TOO popular now...

I'd love to see a CDX though!!!
The market was VASTLY different when Acura was first starting out. Why would that have any bearing on today? [/QUOTE]

Originally Posted by ZipSpeed View Post
Acura has room for a sedan, but all they really need is just one. TLX doesn't sell huge numbers but it still produces okay-ish numbers. RLX and ILX... lol. NSX is out of reach to the majority of buyers so we'll ignore that vehicle. To echo the sentiments of others, Acura NEEDS a CUV to slot under the RDX sooner than later. Acura still has more cars than CUVs, when most other brands are CUV heavy in their lineups. Acura needs to wake up and smell the skid marks, whether from the tires or underwear, I don't care.
I agree completely with everything you have stated here. They only really need one sedan. Something between a 3 series and 5 series sized car. Make it really really good and it might do ok. The ILX and RLX need to die. And yes absolutely they would do wonders to add the CDX under the RDX and something a little bigger above the MDX. SUV's are where the money is at!
Old 02-06-2019, 01:31 PM
WTF?

Originally Posted by RDX10 View Post
The market was VASTLY different when Acura was first starting out. Why would that have any bearing on today?
I just can't accept the idea of only having an MDX, RDX and CDX... It's too GMC... Too truck like.... Too American.... Yuck...

I just want them to reserve atleast one or two sedans for those longtime TL, TSX and RL drivers who refuse to sit up in a truck and want something that feel like an Acura...

I hate trucks... I love SUVs but this sudden explosion of SUV interest has got me running the other way... I hate crowds, lol!

Old 02-06-2019, 04:08 PM
Registered Member

I just can't accept the idea of only having an MDX, RDX and CDX... It's too GMC... Too truck like.... Too American.... Yuck...

I just want them to reserve atleast one or two sedans for those longtime TL, TSX and RL drivers who refuse to sit up in a truck and want something that feel like an Acura...

I hate trucks... I love SUVs but this sudden explosion of SUV interest has got me running the other way... I hate crowds, lol!
Well Acura used to be only a north American brand so......lol.

I think they should stop trying to make anything to compete in the RLX territory and stick to TLX category and maybe something smaller. But they need more crossovers.
Old 02-06-2019, 08:28 PM
WTF?

Make the TLX the bomb and offer it in several various trim packages like sport, comfort and base, kind of like Camry XSE vs XLE, but done appropriately for an Acura... Would be cool...

I still want to see the CDX over here, however!
Old 02-07-2019, 12:09 AM
Registered Member

Originally Posted by RDX10 View Post
Well Acura used to be only a north American brand so......lol.

I think they should stop trying to make anything to compete in the RLX territory and stick to TLX category and maybe something smaller. But they need more crossovers.
But a 4-door sedan is now a top-selling Porsche ( Panamera ). WTF? The universe is turning inside out.
Old 02-07-2019, 12:17 AM
Registered Member

I think Acura wants to keep the ILX around since its only ~$25k and will get younger people in the showroom. Then they can either sell it or try to upsell you to a more expensive model - now or in a few years when they are making more money. The CDX would be a nice easy option to upsell.
Old 02-07-2019, 12:25 AM
WTF?

The ILX is somewhat special to me, in theory... A small, fast I4 car like a 1G TSX or Teggy! I hope it's as nice as it is on paper!
Old 02-07-2019, 02:31 AM
Registered Member

Make the TLX the bomb and offer it in several various trim packages like sport, comfort and base, kind of like Camry XSE vs XLE, but done appropriately for an Acura... Would be cool...

I still want to see the CDX over here, however!
That's what needs to happen.

Originally Posted by Wander View Post
But a 4-door sedan is now a top-selling Porsche ( Panamera ). WTF? The universe is turning inside out.
Haha yup, the universe is going inside out I think. I don't know what to think of that. .

The ILX is somewhat special to me, in theory... A small, fast I4 car like a 1G TSX or Teggy! I hope it's as nice as it is on paper!
I've driven MANY ILX's over the years. Everything from the Hybrid to the 2.4 tech with 8DCT. It handles just ok for what it is but it is SLOW!!! Also being FWD meant it just felt like any other FWD car. The 8DCT was very very well sorted (wish that would have been used in more Acuras) but it was very cheap feeling and Acura should be ashamed of that steaming trash pile that was the original ILX with the 5AT. Yuck.
Old 02-07-2019, 03:05 AM
WTF?

I didn't know you had driven an ILX, let alone, a few... Well, it can't be that slow... My Optima isn't half bad, IMO, and the ILX is smaller, lighter and geared much better... Handling is meh... Modding required for complete satisfaction

I'm SO glad I have a 1G RDX! Drove it on some twisties a little while ago, it made me feel alive in ways I've misses for months!
Old 02-07-2019, 03:26 AM
Registered Member

The 2013-2015 2.0 ILX is very slow lol
Old 02-07-2019, 03:39 AM
Registered Member

I didn't know you had driven an ILX, let alone, a few... Well, it can't be that slow... My Optima isn't half bad, IMO, and the ILX is smaller, lighter and geared much better... Handling is meh... Modding required for complete satisfaction

I'm SO glad I have a 1G RDX! Drove it on some twisties a little while ago, it made me feel alive in ways I've misses for months!
Slow is subjective. It is the slowest thing I've driven in 6 years. The 1G RDX is VERY underrated. It handles incredibly well for what it is and it's no slouch either!

Originally Posted by skarface View Post
The 2013-2015 2.0 ILX is very slow lol
Lmao please don't remind me. It was mind numbing slow. I remember they once gave me one to drive during the winter while I was servicing my MDX and it had summer tires too I'm pretty sure. It was the dead of winter and very slippery. I almost crashed 3 times because I tried merging and gave myself A LOT of room (like over 1 km of room) but it just kept spinning its tires in tbe middle of the intersection. That was scary. I could not wait to get back into my SH-AWD MDX with proper tires!!