2500 miles but interior sounds like 50k miles - AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community

Notices

2500 miles but interior sounds like 50k miles

Old 01-10-2019, 10:17 AM
  #1  
Registered Member
Thread Starter
 
Boxer1200's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Location: DFW, TX
Posts: 35
Thanks: 0
Thanked 5 Times in 5 Posts
2500 miles but interior sounds like 50k miles

My love/hate relationship with this car continues. Hate may be a little strong. Discontentment maybe. Anyway, has anyone had issues with interior noise. Going over a road with any imperfections causes all sorts of noises around the dash area. A car with 2500 miles should be tight and quiet inside. This one doesn't seem so. How's your car? I'm at 35 psi all around and in Texas, so roads aren't horrible. I've cleaned out the glove box, cup holders and cubbies. It's garaged all day so no leaves or acorns etc...
Boxer1200 is offline  
Old 01-10-2019, 10:22 AM
  #2  
Registered Member
 
Stew4HD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Sugar Land, TX
Posts: 5,305
Thanked 973 Times in 640 Posts
What kind of interior noise are you talking about? I am 8K into mine and noise is no issue. I don't find it any worse or better than the MKX I had previously.
Stew4HD is offline  
Old 01-10-2019, 10:36 AM
  #3  
Registered Member
Thread Starter
 
Boxer1200's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Location: DFW, TX
Posts: 35
Thanks: 0
Thanked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Stew4HD View Post
What kind of interior noise are you talking about? I am 8K into mine and noise is no issue. I don't find it any worse or better than the MKX I had previously.
Hard to describe. Maybe I'm too picky. I'm used to a new car, which when going over road imperfections I'd maybe here some tire noise or obvious sounds of suspension components working, but in this car I hear rattles and plastic sounds throughout the dash area. Certain engine RPM's do it as well. Much like the Nissan I traded with 80k miles. My point of reference is my Chevy 2500HD, which is dead quiet inside at 3 years and 27K miles. Maybe it's just because it's a small car, therefor a small space and there is lots of plastic.
Boxer1200 is offline  
Old 01-10-2019, 11:54 AM
  #4  
Registered Member
 
DrWoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Age: 60
Posts: 153
Thanked 33 Times in 25 Posts
I absolutely hate rattles, and the only one I had was the driver side A-pillar cover over bumpy roads. Dealer replaced it. I did have to complain about the fit after they did it, but they immediately fixed it, and I am now rattle free.
DrWoo is online now  
Old 01-10-2019, 12:01 PM
  #5  
Registered Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Location: Minnesota
Age: 27
Posts: 178
Thanks: 0
Thanked 16 Times in 15 Posts
I have found a rattle in the back seat. The rear passenger seat on the drivers side, if you grab the seat and try to shake it you can hear the part it locks into making like tapping noises, it seems it needs to be adjusted because I hear it all the time when going over bumps and stuff. I also get a very noisy suspension when itís cold sounding like an old matress being compressed, I think itís the bushings getting hard and stuff from the cold, so I may just need to grease them. Also the speaker sometimes resonate some odd noises from the plastics and stuff. Overall itís nothing horrible but minor annoyances here. I would think a new car should be nice and quiet and noise free of rattles 😐

Here is a video of the noise:


Last edited by Dereileak; 01-10-2019 at 12:05 PM.
Dereileak is offline  
Old 01-10-2019, 04:27 PM
  #6  
Registered Member
 
MI-RDX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: Michigan
Posts: 835
Thanked 189 Times in 132 Posts
One thing I've noticed in virtually every car I've owned since the proliferation of snap fit plastic components is when the temperatures go down those components shrink a bit causing various noises. Once the weather warms up (or on drives long enough for all the components to come up to the cabin temperature) things quiet down considerably. The noises can be exasperated if tire pressures are on the higher side as well.
MI-RDX is online now  
Old 01-10-2019, 05:25 PM
  #7  
Registered Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Age: 54
Posts: 82
Thanked 7 Times in 7 Posts
Originally Posted by Dereileak View Post
I have found a rattle in the back seat. The rear passenger seat on the drivers side, if you grab the seat and try to shake it you can hear the part it locks into making like tapping noises, it seems it needs to be adjusted because I hear it all the time when going over bumps and stuff. I also get a very noisy suspension when itís cold sounding like an old matress being compressed, I think itís the bushings getting hard and stuff from the cold, so I may just need to grease them. Also the speaker sometimes resonate some odd noises from the plastics and stuff. Overall itís nothing horrible but minor annoyances here. I would think a new car should be nice and quiet and noise free of rattles 😐

Here is a video of the noise:

https://youtu.be/j8FeSn2E0Wk
Mine are tight on both sides, however, the bottom cushion is a tad loose.
I am also at around 2,500 mi and have a light rattle coming from the interior light fixture above rear passenger on the passenger side. And, I have an occasional clunk coming from above and slightly toward the back of the rear passenger on the driver side. If I lightly pound on that area, I could hear similar "clunk".

Road noise is another thing and this could be related to the tires (Goodyear Eagle RS-A?). However, this varies depending on the road surface.
subin is offline  
Old 01-11-2019, 07:18 AM
  #8  
Registered Member
 
Outfitter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: DFW
Age: 64
Posts: 54
Thanked 35 Times in 15 Posts
13,000 miles on ours and no rattles or squeaks. Super happy with the whole package.
i have had to discipline my bride a couple times for putting loose change in the door cubbies but all is well and I'll be off the couch at night soon.
Outfitter is offline  
Old 01-11-2019, 07:55 AM
  #9  
Registered Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 219
Thanked 27 Times in 22 Posts
Give it some time and they will make something like this for the 2019 RDX - if they haven't already. Then you will never have to sleep on the couch again!

https://ebay.us/qBftL9
skarface is offline  
Old 01-11-2019, 08:02 AM
  #10  
Registered Member
Thread Starter
 
Boxer1200's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Location: DFW, TX
Posts: 35
Thanks: 0
Thanked 5 Times in 5 Posts
I had one rattle fixed already. The plastic cover over the where the spare would go was causing a rattle in the rear. Dealer put some foam tape back there. Maybe it is just the snap together plastic stuff. Someone mentioned some suspension noise in cooler temps. I get that too. Doesn't bother me since I know the "why".

On a good note, my wife said she doesn't notice any rattling. It's her car, so that's a good thing.
Boxer1200 is offline  
Old 01-11-2019, 09:02 AM
  #11  
Registered Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Age: 40
Posts: 95
Thanks: 0
Thanked 7 Times in 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Boxer1200 View Post
My love/hate relationship with this car continues. Hate may be a little strong. Discontentment maybe. Anyway, has anyone had issues with interior noise. Going over a road with any imperfections causes all sorts of noises around the dash area. A car with 2500 miles should be tight and quiet inside. This one doesn't seem so. How's your car? I'm at 35 psi all around and in Texas, so roads aren't horrible. I've cleaned out the glove box, cup holders and cubbies. It's garaged all day so no leaves or acorns etc...
35 psi seems high. Is that what it says on the door frame?
ross7777 is offline  
Old 01-11-2019, 09:09 AM
  #12  
Registered Member
 
MI-RDX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: Michigan
Posts: 835
Thanked 189 Times in 132 Posts
Originally Posted by Outfitter View Post
...i have had to discipline my bride a couple times for putting loose change in the door cubbies but all is well and I'll be off the couch at night soon.
Must be a 'girl' thing 'cause my wife does the same thing. She'll put small hard objects where ever she wants and doesn't care a bit about how they rattle around - drives me nuts and has been the basis for more than one 'heated' discussion on road trips. I hate driving her car because it sounds like a tin can full of ball bearings driving over railroad tracks from all the stuff she has tucked away. The only good thing about her method is she'll never hear any 'real' rattle the car is making.

MI-RDX is online now  
Old 01-11-2019, 09:57 AM
  #13  
Registered Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Age: 100
Posts: 206
Thanked 34 Times in 27 Posts
Originally Posted by Outfitter View Post
i have had to discipline my bride a couple times for putting loose change in the door cubbies...
My old Pilot has little coin compartments under the armrest for quarters, dimes, nickles and pennies. It's actually pretty convenient. I'm gonna miss it.
Sounds is offline  
Old 01-11-2019, 10:39 AM
  #14  
Registered Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Age: 48
Posts: 50
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Boxer1200 View Post
My love/hate relationship with this car continues. Hate may be a little strong. Discontentment maybe. Anyway, has anyone had issues with interior noise. Going over a road with any imperfections causes all sorts of noises around the dash area. A car with 2500 miles should be tight and quiet inside. This one doesn't seem so. How's your car? I'm at 35 psi all around and in Texas, so roads aren't horrible. I've cleaned out the glove box, cup holders and cubbies. It's garaged all day so no leaves or acorns etc...
Haven't had any rattles or squeaks yet, but I'm only at about 1000 miles. Road noise is quite loud for a luxury vehicle, not only things like traffic and tire noise but also every little hole and bump in the road is felt and often heard.

spinedoc777 is offline  
Old 01-11-2019, 10:42 AM
  #15  
Registered Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Age: 48
Posts: 50
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Originally Posted by skarface View Post
Give it some time and they will make something like this for the 2019 RDX - if they haven't already. Then you will never have to sleep on the couch again!

https://ebay.us/qBftL9
Someone needs to come up with some sort of storage insert for underneath the trackpad, so much wasted storage space.
spinedoc777 is offline  
Old 01-11-2019, 11:51 AM
  #16  
Registered Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Age: 67
Posts: 71
Thanked 11 Times in 8 Posts
Originally Posted by spinedoc777 View Post
Haven't had any rattles or squeaks yet, but I'm only at about 1000 miles. Road noise is quite loud for a luxury vehicle, not only things like traffic and tire noise but also every little hole and bump in the road is felt and often heard.
Road noise is one of my concerns, and a quiet car is one reason for me getting a luxury car.

You may have mentioned it in anther post, but please refresh me, what trim line did you get? I understand the Advance has more sound quieting features.

Thanks!
JB in AZ is offline  
Old 01-11-2019, 12:34 PM
  #17  
2019 Ridgeline RTL-E
 
zroger73's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Posts: 213
Thanked 71 Times in 47 Posts
I started getting some minor door and dash rattles in my RDX at around 3,500 miles.

Having owned ten Hondas and mostly domestics before that, I've noticed that Hondas tend to have more rattles initially, but they don't get much worse over time. The domestics I've had were tighter initially, but developed lots more rattles over time.

I can't count how many vehicles I've driven and owned over the decades in all different price ranges and NONE of them have been 100% rattle-free. Rattles seems more prominent in newer vehicles because everything else is quieter and suspensions are much tighter these days compared to the complete isolation of something like a 1990 Lincoln Town Car.

Last edited by zroger73; 01-11-2019 at 12:38 PM.
zroger73 is offline  
Old 01-11-2019, 12:46 PM
  #18  
Registered Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Age: 45
Posts: 368
Thanked 69 Times in 48 Posts
Originally Posted by JB in AZ View Post
Road noise is one of my concerns, and a quiet car is one reason for me getting a luxury car.

You may have mentioned it in anther post, but please refresh me, what trim line did you get? I understand the Advance has more sound quieting features.



Thanks!
I feel RDX advance is on par with x3 and GLC (a little better) . CX 5 is also comparable. On highway going over 80, the wind nosie is slightly worse than the X3. But all were pretty much equivalent.

what competitors do you think fair much better?

​​​​
acuraada is offline  
Old 01-11-2019, 01:49 PM
  #19  
Registered Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Age: 67
Posts: 71
Thanked 11 Times in 8 Posts
Originally Posted by acuraada View Post
I feel RDX advance is on par with x3 and GLC (a little better) . CX 5 is also comparable. On highway going over 80, the wind nosie is slightly worse than the X3. But all were pretty much equivalent.

what competitors do you think fair much better?

​​​​
Don't know yet! LOL. At this point, I can only compare with vehicles I have owned, and most recently to our 18 CR-V Touring, which is just a tab bit noisier than I prefer.
JB in AZ is offline  
Old 01-11-2019, 02:29 PM
  #20  
Registered Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Age: 48
Posts: 50
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Originally Posted by JB in AZ View Post
Road noise is one of my concerns, and a quiet car is one reason for me getting a luxury car.

You may have mentioned it in anther post, but please refresh me, what trim line did you get? I understand the Advance has more sound quieting features.

Thanks!
Mine is only the base with AWD. I didn't realize the higher packages had active dampening, just seems like something that should be standard on a luxury vehicle. But then again I got a lot of good stuff on the base package that others make you upgrade for like the pano moonroof and some of the driver assistance.
spinedoc777 is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to spinedoc777 For This Useful Post:
JB in AZ (01-11-2019)
Old 01-11-2019, 02:52 PM
  #21  
Registered Member
 
MarineOne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Posts: 88
Thanked 28 Times in 19 Posts
When I decided to purchase this type of vehicle, interior tranquility was number one on my list. My RDX is rock solid; built like a tank.
MarineOne is offline  
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MarineOne For This Useful Post:
JB in AZ (01-11-2019), securityguy (01-12-2019)
Old 01-11-2019, 03:02 PM
  #22  
Registered Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Age: 40
Posts: 95
Thanks: 0
Thanked 7 Times in 6 Posts
The A-Spec has big rims with low profile tires. That will lead to more road noise and rattles.
ross7777 is offline  
Old 01-11-2019, 03:12 PM
  #23  
2019 Ridgeline RTL-E
 
zroger73's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Posts: 213
Thanked 71 Times in 47 Posts
Originally Posted by spinedoc777 View Post
Mine is only the base with AWD. I didn't realize the higher packages had active dampening, just seems like something that should be standard on a luxury vehicle. But then again I got a lot of good stuff on the base package that others make you upgrade for like the pano moonroof and some of the driver assistance.
All trims have Active Sound Control (electronic noise reduction and sound enhancement).

The Advance trim adds additional sound deadening along with "acoustic" front door glass.

Originally Posted by ross7777 View Post
The A-Spec has big rims with low profile tires. That will lead to more road noise and rattles.
More road noise? Yes. More rattles? That's pure speculation with no supporting evidence.
zroger73 is offline  
Old 01-11-2019, 03:18 PM
  #24  
Registered Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Age: 40
Posts: 95
Thanks: 0
Thanked 7 Times in 6 Posts
The low profile tires can certainly lead to more interior noise/rattles.

The Advance trim has active damping suspension.
ross7777 is offline  
Old 01-11-2019, 04:48 PM
  #25  
Registered Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Age: 67
Posts: 71
Thanked 11 Times in 8 Posts
Originally Posted by spinedoc777 View Post
Mine is only the base with AWD. I didn't realize the higher packages had active dampening, just seems like something that should be standard on a luxury vehicle. But then again I got a lot of good stuff on the base package that others make you upgrade for like the pano moonroof and some of the driver assistance.
Thank you for the rely! I agree, the 19 RDX does have a lot of good stuff in all model trims.
JB in AZ is offline  
Old 01-11-2019, 05:04 PM
  #26  
Registered Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Age: 48
Posts: 50
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Originally Posted by zroger73 View Post
All trims have Active Sound Control (electronic noise reduction and sound enhancement).

The Advance trim adds additional sound deadening along with "acoustic" front door glass.



More road noise? Yes. More rattles? That's pure speculation with no supporting evidence.
Not so much the noise but my issue is I wish there was more dampening so I didn't feel every single bump and hole in the road, it feels like a truck at times. Although the last SUV I owned was an Expedition over 10 years ago so I've really forgotten what a SUV rides like. I was hoping a CUV would ride a bit better.

spinedoc777 is offline  
Old 01-11-2019, 05:25 PM
  #27  
Registered Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Age: 45
Posts: 368
Thanked 69 Times in 48 Posts
Originally Posted by spinedoc777 View Post
Not so much the noise but my issue is I wish there was more dampening so I didn't feel every single bump and hole in the road, it feels like a truck at times. Although the last SUV I owned was an Expedition over 10 years ago so I've really forgotten what a SUV rides like. I was hoping a CUV would ride a bit better.
If that's what you like, the luxury ride feel, then the RDX is probably not for you. Lexus RX give you that boat like feeling which I hate personally.
acuraada is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to acuraada For This Useful Post:
zroger73 (01-11-2019)
Old 01-11-2019, 05:58 PM
  #28  
Registered Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Age: 45
Posts: 5
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Talking

if you live in the north part of the country, I have a very easy solution for getting rid of rattling... turn up your temp, say to 77+, you will feel like driving a much more luxury vehicle, going over road imperfections with only short and solid sound.
An yet easier solution, switch the radio on, and turn the volume up...
1990integra is offline  
Old 01-11-2019, 06:26 PM
  #29  
Registered Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Age: 48
Posts: 50
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Originally Posted by acuraada View Post
If that's what you like, the luxury ride feel, then the RDX is probably not for you. Lexus RX give you that boat like feeling which I hate personally.
Nope, I want a luxury feel AND have it feel like it rides on rails. That's exactly what the x4 felt like, but of course we are talking about a more expensive vehicle. The x3 also felt much comfier and also much more accurate, but the x4 was really tuned well. I don't think it's asking too much for some more dampening and better seats.
spinedoc777 is offline  
Old 01-11-2019, 09:26 PM
  #30  
Registered Member
Thread Starter
 
Boxer1200's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Location: DFW, TX
Posts: 35
Thanks: 0
Thanked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Some interesting replies. At the risk of derailing this further, what tire pressure are you all running? Those of you with the tech or base package.
Boxer1200 is offline  
Old 01-12-2019, 10:45 AM
  #31  
EFR
Registered Member
 
EFR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Age: 61
Posts: 77
Thanks: 0
Thanked 14 Times in 8 Posts
No noises, no rattles, no issues, no problems. Perfect car? Nope...none are.
EFR is offline  
Old 01-12-2019, 11:45 AM
  #32  
Registered Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Age: 45
Posts: 368
Thanked 69 Times in 48 Posts
Originally Posted by spinedoc777 View Post
Nope, I want a luxury feel AND have it feel like it rides on rails. That's exactly what the x4 felt like, but of course we are talking about a more expensive vehicle. The x3 also felt much comfier and also much more accurate, but the x4 was really tuned well. I don't think it's asking too much for some more dampening and better seats.
Guess everyone has different definition of comfort and luxury experience. In the cross shop list, the king of comfort ride is probably the GLC. The ride of X3 and RDX is very similar. I wouldn't be surprised if RDX modeled their ride specifically after the X3.

Keep driving your cross shop list!
acuraada is offline  
Old 01-12-2019, 11:55 AM
  #33  
Registered Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Age: 48
Posts: 50
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Originally Posted by acuraada View Post
Guess everyone has different definition of comfort and luxury experience. In the cross shop list, the king of comfort ride is probably the GLC. The ride of X3 and RDX is very similar. I wouldn't be surprised if RDX modeled their ride specifically after the X3.

Keep driving your cross shop list!
I didn't find the x3 and RDX rides to be similar at all. The x3 felt much more accurate, with the RDX the steering wheel response is fairly numb and that's in sport + mode. I'm not saying it's terrible by any means, I hope you don't misunderstand me. Now the x4 was much nicer than both, I suppose that's why it's more expensive where otherwise it's the same car as the x3. I didn't get to test ride the GLC, wish I had. Now that I've had my RDX for a couple of weeks I can say that my number 1 complaint is the seats, they are awful, they remind me of the junk I had in my 2008 C6 vette years ago. No lumbar support, even with the lumbar inflated all the way out, bolster support is minimal so I'm sliding around when I punch it out of that exit ramp, and no extended bottom support for the legs. Even the leatherette seems a bit cheap with loose ends and wrinkles, I'm definitely concerned about how the seats will look like in a year or 2.
spinedoc777 is offline  
Old 01-12-2019, 12:31 PM
  #34  
Registered Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Age: 45
Posts: 368
Thanked 69 Times in 48 Posts
Originally Posted by spinedoc777 View Post
I didn't find the x3 and RDX rides to be similar at all. The x3 felt much more accurate, with the RDX the steering wheel response is fairly numb and that's in sport + mode. I'm not saying it's terrible by any means, I hope you don't misunderstand me. Now the x4 was much nicer than both, I suppose that's why it's more expensive where otherwise it's the same car as the x3. I didn't get to test ride the GLC, wish I had. Now that I've had my RDX for a couple of weeks I can say that my number 1 complaint is the seats, they are awful, they remind me of the junk I had in my 2008 C6 vette years ago. No lumbar support, even with the lumbar inflated all the way out, bolster support is minimal so I'm sliding around when I punch it out of that exit ramp, and no extended bottom support for the legs. Even the leatherette seems a bit cheap with loose ends and wrinkles, I'm definitely concerned about how the seats will look like in a year or 2.
The X4 is designed to be more car like so to me that's a different category all together. We want a crossover that can haul but yet drives better than regular frame on truck SUV.
i am really surprised on your sloppy feel description on the RDX and the comparison to the X3, makes me want to go test drive a X again right now. I didn't find the X3 impressive at all maybe I expected alot from BMW having owning a 528 in the past.

acuraada is offline  
Old 01-12-2019, 05:26 PM
  #35  
Registered Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Age: 100
Posts: 206
Thanked 34 Times in 27 Posts
Originally Posted by spinedoc777 View Post
No lumbar support, even with the lumbar inflated all the way out, bolster support is minimal so I'm sliding around when I punch it out of that exit ramp, and no extended bottom support for the legs.
hmmm... have you thought about seeing a specialist about this, like maybe a spine doctor?




Sounds is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to Sounds For This Useful Post:
spinedoc777 (01-12-2019)
Old 01-12-2019, 05:28 PM
  #36  
Registered Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Age: 100
Posts: 206
Thanked 34 Times in 27 Posts
Originally Posted by spinedoc777 View Post
Even the leatherette seems a bit cheap with loose ends and wrinkles, I'm definitely concerned about how the seats will look like in a year or 2.
I had this thought too when I saw the seats.
Sounds is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to Sounds For This Useful Post:
spinedoc777 (01-12-2019)
Old 01-12-2019, 09:24 PM
  #37  
Registered Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Age: 48
Posts: 50
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Originally Posted by acuraada View Post
The X4 is designed to be more car like so to me that's a different category all together. We want a crossover that can haul but yet drives better than regular frame on truck SUV.
i am really surprised on your sloppy feel description on the RDX and the comparison to the X3, makes me want to go test drive a X again right now. I didn't find the X3 impressive at all maybe I expected alot from BMW having owning a 528 in the past.

No disrespect intended, but the x4 isn't a different category at all. It's basically a x3 with some suspension work, I believe firmer springs, dampers, anti roll bars, slightly wider track, maybe a different tire package and better goodies on the base model, BUT the chassis is the same as the x3 and it's still a crossover, just with a chopped top.

The sloppiness is fairly close, no the x3 wasn't a lot better (the x4 was), it's just that BMW is the best around in making their vehicles ride like they are on rails. But the RDX' handling to me wasn't much, if any, better than a top option Santa Fe, which isn't a bad thing. I just think Acura still has a way to go in terms of being a true luxury brand and steering response/handling/dampening are just some of the things holding them back IMO. It's still a pretty great vehicle and they came a long long way in 2019 to making it a luxury vehicle so I can't blame them if they didn't get everything right. My only exception is the SH-AWD, although I feel the trans is a bit jerky and the turbo lag is annoying, when I'm going through an exit ramp much faster than expected it does bring a smile to my face.
spinedoc777 is offline  
Old 01-13-2019, 12:43 AM
  #38  
New Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Age: 32
Posts: 2
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Dereileak View Post
I also get a very noisy suspension when itís cold sounding like an old matress being compressed, I think itís the bushings getting hard and stuff from the cold, so I may just need to grease them.
I've had my RDX for a few weeks now, and just this week, I started getting the mattress sound from the suspension when going over bumps like speed bumps or entering/leaving driveways, for example. I also started getting the noisy brakes now too, and I don't think it's a coincidence that this week was the first week that the temps have been under 30 degrees here since I purchased the car. Both noises also only happen when I am leaving work where I park my car in a parking garage. When I leave my house in the morning from my attached garage, I don't get either noise so it must be temperature related.

That said, both are annoying and I'm going to give it a couple more weeks before reaching out to the dealer about both noises if they keep happening. The car seems pretty quiet otherwise and handled the snow very well this week, but these two noises are pretty annoying for a $45k car that is three weeks old.
Bill_Mumphrey is offline  
Old 01-13-2019, 01:01 AM
  #39  
Registered Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Age: 40
Posts: 95
Thanks: 0
Thanked 7 Times in 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Bill_Mumphrey View Post
I've had my RDX for a few weeks now, and just this week, I started getting the mattress sound from the suspension when going over bumps like speed bumps or entering/leaving driveways, for example. I also started getting the noisy brakes now too, and I don't think it's a coincidence that this week was the first week that the temps have been under 30 degrees here since I purchased the car. Both noises also only happen when I am leaving work where I park my car in a parking garage. When I leave my house in the morning from my attached garage, I don't get either noise so it must be temperature related.

That said, both are annoying and I'm going to give it a couple more weeks before reaching out to the dealer about both noises if they keep happening. The car seems pretty quiet otherwise and handled the snow very well this week, but these two noises are pretty annoying for a $45k car that is three weeks old.
Thatís interesting. I wonder if itís the materials they are using for bushings and other suspension components. It gets below zero where I live and canít recall hearing noises like that in the last few vehicles Iíve owned.
ross7777 is offline  
Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
jannington
Third Generation TL (2004-2008)
14
11-21-2014 11:13 AM
sr20bet
Second Generation TSX Discussion (2009-2014)
23
04-28-2014 08:44 AM
TheChamp531
Car Parts for Sale
3
08-25-2011 12:03 AM
ironviet
Third Generation TL (2004-2008)
45
01-24-2007 11:34 AM


Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2500 miles but interior sounds like 50k miles


Contact Us Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.