AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community

AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community (https://acurazine.com/forums/)
-   3G RDX (2019+) (https://acurazine.com/forums/3g-rdx-2019-454/)
-   -   2020 RDX test drive (https://acurazine.com/forums/3g-rdx-2019-454/2020-rdx-test-drive-979449/)

sportsguy 05-10-2019 04:54 PM

2020 RDX test drive

Has anyone taken a 2020 RDX for test drive? I presume it will be exactly the same as 2019, just curious if they are on any lots yet?

ZipSpeed 05-10-2019 05:52 PM

@WoodyB mentioned his brother's dealer just received some 2020s on another thread. The biggest change is the color white is being replaced by another color white. :D

Alias1431 05-11-2019 12:29 AM

Originally Posted by ZipSpeed (Post 16424536)
@WoodyB mentioned his brother's dealer just received some 2020s on another thread. The biggest change is the color white is being replaced by another color white. :D

Bribe someone that might be able to give us the scoop on any unadvertised changes!

corners 05-11-2019 12:52 PM

Does the new white look different from the old white?

securityguy 05-11-2019 07:29 PM

With the 19 being all new, the 20 will be exactly the same with option differences and color changes as mentioned above.

zroger73 05-13-2019 09:10 AM

Cars.com shows 198 2020 RDX's in dealer inventories - 41 of which have photos, so they're actually there. The same website shows 7,473 2019 RDX's. Not all dealers list there inventory on Cars.com, so the actual numbers will be higher.

Originally Posted by corners (Post 16424789)
Does the new white look different from the old white?

Yes. The "new" white is very white. It makes the "old" white look somewhat yellow/tan.

Personally, I prefer the old White Diamond Pearl over the new Platinum White Pearl because it looks richer and more upscale to me. Bright white makes me think of rental cars and service trucks.

JB in AZ 05-13-2019 09:40 AM

Originally Posted by zroger73 (Post 16425234)
Cars.com shows 198 2020 RDX's in dealer inventories - 41 of which have photos, so they're actually there. The same website shows 7,473 2019 RDX's. Not all dealers list there inventory on Cars.com, so the actual numbers will be higher.

Yes. The "new" white is very white. It makes the "old" white look somewhat yellow/tan.

Personally, I prefer the old White Diamond Pearl over the new Platinum White Pearl because it looks richer and more upscale to me. Bright white makes me think of rental cars and service trucks.

I have the WDP, only because there wasn't a red one available when I was buying. Red was my first choice. I don't mind the white, I feel it is just "plain" looking. I wanted the parchment interior, IIRC, to get parchment, the two choices were white or red (and maybe black, which I will never buy). I think any white car looks like rental cars and service trucks. Even without comparing the two whites side by side, I can see how the WDP would have a "yellow/tan" appearance. It will be interesting to actually see them side by side.

RDX10 05-13-2019 02:49 PM

Originally Posted by JB in AZ (Post 16425247)
I have the WDP, only because there wasn't a red one available when I was buying. Red was my first choice. I don't mind the white, I feel it is just "plain" looking. I wanted the parchment interior, IIRC, to get parchment, the two choices were white or red (and maybe black, which I will never buy). I think any white car looks like rental cars and service trucks. Even without comparing the two whites side by side, I can see how the WDP would have a "yellow/tan" appearance. It will be interesting to actually see them side by side.

I've always wanted a white car but for whatever reason it has never worked out and honestly I'm somewhat glad it didn't work out. I also get that service vehicle vibe from white cars, I would say the exception is like the A-Spec where the white makes the gloss black accents pop out but on the normal model it's not very attractive.

darth62 05-14-2019 03:04 PM

First time I've posted on this forum in many years (my last Acura was two vehicles ago).

I have settled on an RDX though. The 2020s are apparently already on the way to my dealer. I am sooooo hoping that Android Auto is up and working by then. I really don't care if they make no other changes.

I spent the day test driving the RDX, XC60, Q5, and X3. The RDX came out on top, mostly for comfort reasons.

securityguy 05-14-2019 03:17 PM

Originally Posted by darth62 (Post 16426033)
The 2020s are apparently already on the way to my dealer. I am sooooo hoping that Android Auto is up and working by then. I really don't care if they make no other changes.

Don't hold your breathe. The AA application will come out in the 2019 and 2020 at the same time via a software update and I don't think any of us are expecting it to happen soon.

darth62 05-14-2019 04:01 PM

I had a similar situation with my Lincoln. When I purchased, it did not have AA. I was told it would arrive via an update - which it eventually did. The Lincoln has a very conventional touch screen interface though.

I do think an update is very possible, mainly because the new version of AA is designed for widescreens like the one in the Acura.

FWIW, when I got my update to Sync 3 (the Ford system) the new vehicles did get it before the existing ones. That makes sense because downloads always incorporate some complexities.

Anyway, your skepticism here is obviously warranted - given the way Acura has jerked the early adopters around over this issue.

murdermaschine 01-09-2020 09:36 PM

I just got a 2020 Advance in White about a month ago.

Most your complaints are valid. The wheels are definitely atrocious imo. I don't like the wood grain and I think the aluminum trim on the speakers looks cheap, luckily I'm tinted pretty dark and don't pay much attention to it when driving.

I would rather have a loaded T8 Volvo XC60 but at the end of the day it boiled down to the cost.

The Acura seats are super comfy I give them that.