Notices

2020 Acura RDX Owner's Manual

 
Old 04-17-2019, 06:15 AM
  #1  
Forum Contributor
Thread Starter
 
EE4Life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Chicago NW Burbs
Age: 42
Posts: 1,119
Likes: 0
Received 1,119 Likes on 483 Posts
2020 Acura RDX Owner's Manual

EE4Life is offline  
The following users liked this post:
Curious3GTL (04-18-2019)
Old 04-17-2019, 07:17 AM
  #2  
Registered Member
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 204
Received 65 Likes on 43 Posts
Page 306 - Android Auto
MrJames is offline  
The following 3 users liked this post by MrJames:
Curious3GTL (04-18-2019), JB in AZ (04-17-2019), Semli (04-17-2019)
Old 04-17-2019, 10:05 AM
  #3  
Registered Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: Arizona
Age: 67
Posts: 516
Received 114 Likes on 76 Posts
Originally Posted by MrJames View Post
Page 306 - Android Auto
Very nice! Thank you for finding and posting this.
JB in AZ is offline  
Old 04-17-2019, 10:30 AM
  #4  
Registered Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Age: 43
Posts: 285
Received 31 Likes on 29 Posts
awesome.. should we expect an update on 2019 soon in that case ?
Coolguy is offline  
Old 04-17-2019, 11:04 AM
  #5  
Registered Member
 
NooYawkuh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: NY Panhadle
Posts: 336
Received 60 Likes on 43 Posts
Originally Posted by MrJames View Post
Page 306 - Android Auto
The pressure is on!!
NooYawkuh is offline  
Old 04-17-2019, 11:35 AM
  #6  
Registered Member
 
Madd Dog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: Hudson Valley, NY
Posts: 1,442
Received 377 Likes on 278 Posts
Based on absolutely nothing at all, I expect a map update in/by June, and a system update as well, since June is the 1 year anniversary.
Madd Dog is offline  
Old 04-17-2019, 12:06 PM
  #7  
Registered Member
 
hockeyaddict's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Location: BC
Posts: 55
Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by Coolguy View Post
awesome.. should we expect an update on 2019 soon in that case ?
We've had the new software version in production vehicles before we had the system update option in older builds. I am just waiting for that thread where someone recently purchases a 2019 rdx and it came preloaded with AA.
hockeyaddict is offline  
The following users liked this post:
JB in AZ (04-17-2019)
Old 04-17-2019, 01:20 PM
  #8  
Registered Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Age: 43
Posts: 285
Received 31 Likes on 29 Posts
2020 model not 2019 .. I am expecting later part of fall /end of 2019
Coolguy is offline  
Old 04-17-2019, 01:57 PM
  #9  
Registered Member
 
ZipSpeed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Calgary, Canada
Posts: 353
Received 103 Likes on 66 Posts
Originally Posted by Coolguy View Post
2020 model not 2019 .. I am expecting later part of fall /end of 2019
If the 2020 documents are starting to come out, the 2020MY RDX should be coming sooner, rather than later. My guess is June/July time frame.
ZipSpeed is offline  
Old 04-17-2019, 03:58 PM
  #10  
Registered Member
 
starlord's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2018
Age: 32
Posts: 72
Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts
I was hoping to see a digital speedometer update for vehicles that did not have HUD. Disappointed once again
starlord is offline  
Old 04-17-2019, 04:44 PM
  #11  
Registered Member
 
ZipSpeed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Calgary, Canada
Posts: 353
Received 103 Likes on 66 Posts
Originally Posted by starlord View Post
I was hoping to see a digital speedometer update for vehicles that did not have HUD. Disappointed once again
The full digital precision cockpit will probably go to the new MDX and TLX first. RDX might get it for the MMC.

Last edited by ZipSpeed; 04-17-2019 at 04:58 PM.
ZipSpeed is offline  
Old 04-18-2019, 12:49 AM
  #12  
2019 BMW X3 M40i
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Location: Washington
Age: 33
Posts: 95
Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts
Folding mirrors, too!
Alias1431 is offline  
Old 04-18-2019, 12:53 AM
  #13  
2019 BMW X3 M40i
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Location: Washington
Age: 33
Posts: 95
Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts
Page 415, Remote Engine Start... Part of a trim, or via separate install like it is now?
Alias1431 is offline  
Old 04-20-2019, 11:40 AM
  #14  
Registered Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Posts: 581
Received 89 Likes on 66 Posts
Originally Posted by Alias1431 View Post
Folding mirrors, too!
Page 517. Still Canadian model only. What a disappointment.
acuraada is offline  
Old 04-20-2019, 11:44 AM
  #15  
Registered Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Posts: 581
Received 89 Likes on 66 Posts
Originally Posted by Alias1431 View Post
Page 415, Remote Engine Start... Part of a trim, or via separate install like it is now?
It had an * that says "not available on all models". Maybe there is hope that it will be standard on some model
acuraada is offline  
Old 04-20-2019, 01:15 PM
  #16  
2019 BMW X3 M40i
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Location: Washington
Age: 33
Posts: 95
Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by acuraada View Post
Page 517. Still Canadian model only. What a disappointment.
Page 205 gives me hope it will be on the advanced or something.
Alias1431 is offline  
Old 04-21-2019, 09:53 AM
  #17  
Registered Member
 
NooYawkuh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: NY Panhadle
Posts: 336
Received 60 Likes on 43 Posts
Originally Posted by acuraada View Post
It had an * that says "not available on all models". Maybe there is hope that it will be standard on some model
I can see it not being standard on all or even any of the trim packages. But the transceiver module should be installed at the factory, at minimal cost. Then, they could just charge for the fobs and programming as they do now. That's where most of the profit margin must be anyway. Gutting half the interior of the car just to install a module, bracket and screw is beyond stupid.

It's as if they do it this way only to justify the cost.

Originally Posted by acuraada View Post
Page 517. Still Canadian model only. What a disappointment.
I don't see where it says that. It only talks about the side cameras with the mirrors folded or not folded. You can manually fold them on any version.

Last edited by NooYawkuh; 04-21-2019 at 10:03 AM.
NooYawkuh is offline  
Old 04-21-2019, 09:39 PM
  #18  
New Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: timbuktu, tx
Posts: 3
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by NooYawkuh View Post
I don't see where it says that. It only talks about the side cameras with the mirrors folded or not folded. You can manually fold them on any version.
Well, it does say the surround view changes with the mirrors folded... in a section with the heading "Canadian Models Only." Very disappointing!
whitehot is offline  
Old 04-22-2019, 11:05 AM
  #19  
Registered Member
 
NooYawkuh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: NY Panhadle
Posts: 336
Received 60 Likes on 43 Posts
Originally Posted by whitehot View Post
Well, it does say the surround view changes with the mirrors folded... in a section with the heading "Canadian Models Only." Very disappointing!
I see what you're saying. I don't know what happens to the surround view if I fold the mirrors on mine. Something to try.
NooYawkuh is offline  
Old 04-22-2019, 01:49 PM
  #20  
Registered Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Posts: 581
Received 89 Likes on 66 Posts
Originally Posted by NooYawkuh View Post
I see what you're saying. I don't know what happens to the surround view if I fold the mirrors on mine. Something to try.
That wasn't the point... Point was for 2020 models, they seem to still referring auto folding features as something restrictly for Canadian models.... If you are in Canada, this point really has no bearing.

Incidentally, I was at NY autoshow and looks like even the 2020 Subaru outback will get auto folding mirrors
acuraada is offline  
Old 04-22-2019, 06:18 PM
  #21  
Registered Member
 
NooYawkuh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: NY Panhadle
Posts: 336
Received 60 Likes on 43 Posts
Originally Posted by acuraada View Post
That wasn't the point... Point was for 2020 models, they seem to still referring auto folding features as something restrictly for Canadian models.... If you are in Canada, this point really has no bearing.

Incidentally, I was at NY autoshow and looks like even the 2020 Subaru outback will get auto folding mirrors
Yeah, kinda disgraceful that many lesser cars and previous RDXs had them and they're not even an option. Wasn't a deal breaker for me, but it just doesn't make sense. Especially since it's already designed.

Oh, and I tried folding the driver's mirror manually. The camera view does what you'd expect it to do. Duh.
NooYawkuh is offline  
Old 04-22-2019, 06:25 PM
  #22  
Registered Member
 
Madd Dog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: Hudson Valley, NY
Posts: 1,442
Received 377 Likes on 278 Posts
Originally Posted by NooYawkuh View Post
Yeah, kinda disgraceful that many lesser cars and previous RDXs had them and they're not even an option. Wasn't a deal breaker for me, but it just doesn't make sense. Especially since it's already designed.

Oh, and I tried folding the driver's mirror manually. The camera view does what you'd expect it to do. Duh.
A disappointment, but not a deal breaker for me. But if the Advance had it, I would have moved from the Tech to the advance, even for whatever additional price would have been called for.
Madd Dog is offline  
Old 04-25-2019, 03:42 PM
  #23  
Registered Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Age: 44
Posts: 55
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by NooYawkuh View Post
Yeah, kinda disgraceful that many lesser cars and previous RDXs had them and they're not even an option. Wasn't a deal breaker for me, but it just doesn't make sense. Especially since it's already designed.

Oh, and I tried folding the driver's mirror manually. The camera view does what you'd expect it to do. Duh.
Originally Posted by Madd Dog View Post
A disappointment, but not a deal breaker for me. But if the Advance had it, I would have moved from the Tech to the advance, even for whatever additional price would have been called for.
Yeah...to each their own. Power folding mirrors are a deal breaker for me.

Even the Mazda CX-5 have power folding mirrors
knhellesky is offline  
Old 04-25-2019, 04:33 PM
  #24  
Registered Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: Arizona
Age: 67
Posts: 516
Received 114 Likes on 76 Posts
Originally Posted by Madd Dog View Post
A disappointment, but not a deal breaker for me. But if the Advance had it, I would have moved from the Tech to the advance, even for whatever additional price would have been called for.
Originally Posted by knhellesky View Post
Yeah...to each their own. Power folding mirrors are a deal breaker for me.

Even the Mazda CX-5 have power folding mirrors
And yet, I don't seem to have any reason to HAVE power folding mirrors. Makes no difference to me if a Mazda has it. I park my RDX in a garage that has decent room between cars, I don't park on any narrow streets.....why would I need them? Unless I just feel it should have it because it is a luxury car...which I don't.

I feel it SHOULD have auto dimming door mirrors, it SHOULD have auto ventilated/heated seats, It SHOULD the most adjustable and comfortable seats, It SHOULD have one of the best sounding audio systems in the industry....

Everyone has their own wants, needs and priorities.
JB in AZ is offline  
Old 04-25-2019, 07:50 PM
  #25  
Registered Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Posts: 41
Likes: 0
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by starlord View Post
I was hoping to see a digital speedometer update for vehicles that did not have HUD. Disappointed once again
Glad to see someone else wonders why there is no digital display for non-HUD. I find the analog speedo hard to read with a quick glance. Night time is actually easier. You would think it took almost the same programming effort to program "Minimal". I leave my GLC display on the digital speedo.
carson2246 is offline  
Old 06-06-2019, 12:47 AM
  #26  
Registered Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Age: 44
Posts: 55
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by JB in AZ View Post
And yet, I don't seem to have any reason to HAVE power folding mirrors. Makes no difference to me if a Mazda has it. I park my RDX in a garage that has decent room between cars, I don't park on any narrow streets.....why would I need them? Unless I just feel it should have it because it is a luxury car...which I don't.

I feel it SHOULD have auto dimming door mirrors, it SHOULD have auto ventilated/heated seats, It SHOULD the most adjustable and comfortable seats, It SHOULD have one of the best sounding audio systems in the industry....

Everyone has their own wants, needs and priorities.
Exactly. And the power folding mirrors are mine.
knhellesky is offline  
The following users liked this post:
Alias1431 (06-06-2019)
 
Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
EE4Life
Third Generation RDX (2019+)
17
05-18-2018 07:08 PM


Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2020 Acura RDX Owner's Manual


Contact Us - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.