2019 RDX is three thumbs up

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2018, 11:06 PM
Instructor

Received 62 Likes on 38 Posts
2019 RDX is three thumbs up

I've had all three generations of the RDX. I liked them all (but jumped to Audi after the 2008 RDX because the ride, noise, poor mpg, etc., despite the fabulous handling great seats, etc.). Each of the first two generations had virtues and flaws. But they were great cars. My 2016 RDX Advance was the best car I've ever had. I won't bore you with the reasons but it was perfect for me. The 6 cylinder mated to the six speed tranny was a dream. Everything worked perfectly in that car. And---Acura dependable. No issues after threes years. Just a great car. Now the 2019 Advance is incredible. The ride, handling, quiet cabin, beyondo sound system, amazing seats--I could go on. I was concerned based on the experience of some owners but everything works perfectly on my RDX. Maybe something will stumble but after a month it is amazing. I told my wife today while driving that that the 2016 was the best car I ever owned, but this now is by far the best car I've ever owned. It's a thrill every time I get behind the wheel.
The following 14 users liked this post by romer:
37tzee (10-04-2018), birdonamission (10-04-2018), Boltface (10-04-2018), GW208 (10-03-2018), KC in FL (10-04-2018), mapleloaf (10-07-2018), mechonit (10-13-2018), oblio98 (10-13-2018), Outfitter (10-04-2018), PT1209 (05-18-2020), ShouldIBuyNew (10-04-2018), subin (10-04-2018), Tony Pac (10-04-2018), windycitycy (10-04-2018) and 9 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 10-04-2018, 01:57 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 875 Likes on 669 Posts
Is that third thumb what I'm thinking?

Congratulations, I cannot wait to drive the new RDX. It looks incredible.
Old 10-04-2018, 06:37 AM
Pro

Received 218 Likes on 135 Posts
Originally Posted by romer
I've had all three generations of the RDX. I liked them all (but jumped to Audi after the 2008 RDX because the ride, noise, poor mpg, etc., despite the fabulous handling great seats, etc.). Each of the first two generations had virtues and flaws. But they were great cars. My 2016 RDX Advance was the best car I've ever had. I won't bore you with the reasons but it was perfect for me. The 6 cylinder mated to the six speed tranny was a dream. Everything worked perfectly in that car. And---Acura dependable. No issues after threes years. Just a great car. Now the 2019 Advance is incredible. The ride, handling, quiet cabin, beyondo sound system, amazing seats--I could go on. I was concerned based on the experience of some owners but everything works perfectly on my RDX. Maybe something will stumble but after a month it is amazing. I told my wife today while driving that that the 2016 was the best car I ever owned, but this now is by far the best car I've ever owned. It's a thrill every time I get behind the wheel.
Good! I trust I will have the same experience starting in ~2 weeks (hopefully) when mine will arrive from the factory. I'm going to start using "beyondo" -- I like that. lol
Old 10-04-2018, 08:36 AM
7th Gear

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Talking My third RDX - all 3 gens too!

Originally Posted by romer
I could not agree more! I just picked up my new 2019 RDX Advance on Tuesday and this makes all three generations for me too. I now find myself very comfortably sitting in my car driving with my jaw dropped in amazement! So far, everything on mine is working beautifully! My first RDX was a 2012 base model that I bought as a used dealer loaner. I was coming out of a BMW 338 hard-top convertible (I needed a small SUV that I could drive A LOT) and was shocked that I liked the feel and comfort of the RDX BETTER than the BMW - even though the RDX was a 4 cylinder turbo in that model year! My next was a 2016 Advance, which I leased because I was no longer driving as much, and it included all the bells and whistles that I missed from my beemer! I drove the first RDX 100,000 miles in 4 years for work and never had a single repair other than routine maintenance. No repairs for the 2016 Advance either - never even had to replace tires. I also said the 2016 Advance was the best car I ever had! People ask me why I keep getting "the same" car. I never thought I would be "that" person. But, it isn't the same car ... at all. Every generation is a major improvement from the previous one. And generation 3 simply takes my breath away!
The following 2 users liked this post by KC in FL:
mechonit (10-13-2018), romer (10-04-2018)
Old 10-05-2018, 07:30 AM
Racer

Received 31 Likes on 29 Posts
Originally Posted by KC in FL
I could not agree more! I just picked up my new 2019 RDX Advance on Tuesday and this makes all three generations for me too. I now find myself very comfortably sitting in my car driving with my jaw dropped in amazement! So far, everything on mine is working beautifully! My first RDX was a 2012 base model that I bought as a used dealer loaner. I was coming out of a BMW 338 hard-top convertible (I needed a small SUV that I could drive A LOT) and was shocked that I liked the feel and comfort of the RDX BETTER than the BMW - even though the RDX was a 4 cylinder turbo in that model year! My next was a 2016 Advance, which I leased because I was no longer driving as much, and it included all the bells and whistles that I missed from my beemer! I drove the first RDX 100,000 miles in 4 years for work and never had a single repair other than routine maintenance. No repairs for the 2016 Advance either - never even had to replace tires. I also said the 2016 Advance was the best car I ever had! People ask me why I keep getting "the same" car. I never thought I would be "that" person. But, it isn't the same car ... at all. Every generation is a major improvement from the previous one. And generation 3 simply takes my breath away!
I did that with Accord so far. Its time to upgrade and will see how it goes with RDX.
Old 10-13-2018, 10:37 PM
Intermediate

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Contraditory reviews in Edmunds

Originally Posted by KC in FL
This is an encouraging feedback. In two weeks we are scheduled to purchase the 2019 RDX Advance, All good and perfect in our previous test drives of the vehicle, but the latest customer reviews published in Edmunds leave us with mixed feelings. A lot of very negative comments related to problems of all kinds encountered during the first weeks and months of RDX usage. Is that really so? I would appreciate the comments.
Old 10-13-2018, 10:53 PM
WayTooManyAcuras

Received 481 Likes on 223 Posts
Congrats! I've had all 3 Gen's as well and think this thing is the best. Took a while to get the hang of it, there are a few issues with the infotainment you'll discover but should be fixed via an update and some point, but as a car, this thing is the greatest!

Nice to hear positive stuff, as the negative always out paces the positive as aggravated folks always are more inclined to post than happy folks!
Old 10-14-2018, 12:28 AM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by mechonit

This is an encouraging feedback. In two weeks we are scheduled to purchase the 2019 RDX Advance, All good and perfect in our previous test drives of the vehicle, but the latest customer reviews published in Edmunds leave us with mixed feelings. A lot of very negative comments related to problems of all kinds encountered during the first weeks and months of RDX usage. Is that really so? I would appreciate the comments.
You have to remember that people who are not having any issues are very unlikely to leave comments. Those who do have issues are much more likely to actually complain. If 100 people buy the rdx and 10 have issues, and 90 don't, 9/10 who had issues will comment and maybe 1 of the 90 will comment. Don't take it too seriously but also be aware that this is the first year of a whole new model so it will have some teething issues.
The following 2 users liked this post by RDX10:
mechonit (10-14-2018), Stew4HD (10-15-2018)
Old 10-14-2018, 01:18 PM
Instructor

Received 52 Likes on 29 Posts
"Aggravated folks always are more inclined to post than happy folks". So true. People with significant issues are in a small minority here, but they seem to be the ones giving an out of proportion number of reviews on Edmunds. It would be nice if more people here took the time to post thorough reviews there to overshadow the negative (https://www.edmunds.com/acura/rdx/20...sumer-reviews/). One recent reviewer complained about a lack of power, which immediately puts their credibility into question. I would like more women to post reviews. My wife loves her RDX, and she had to take a huge jump in adapting to the new technology since she went from a 2006 to a 2019. This was a worry for me, since she has a very hard time adjusting to the 21st Century in other areas. Acura has done 98% of everything right with the 2019 RDX. That's above my expectations with any vehicle.
The following users liked this post:
mechonit (10-14-2018)
Old 10-14-2018, 11:51 PM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by oblio98
Congrats! I've had all 3 Gen's as well and think this thing is the best. Took a while to get the hang of it, there are a few issues with the infotainment you'll discover but should be fixed via an update and some point, but as a car, this thing is the greatest!

Nice to hear positive stuff, as the negative always out paces the positive as aggravated folks always are more inclined to post than happy folks!
Thank you, Oblio 98. It’s really good to know that your experience with the three generations of RDXs tells a very different story, by giving the 2019 RDX “the greatest thing” grade.
Old 10-15-2018, 12:03 AM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by RDX10
You have to remember that people who are not having any issues are very unlikely to leave comments. Those who do have issues are much more likely to actually complain. If 100 people buy the rdx and 10 have issues, and 90 don't, 9/10 who had issues will comment and maybe 1 of the 90 will comment. Don't take it too seriously but also be aware that this is the first year of a whole new model so it will have some teething issues.
RDX10-I am with you. Their negative comments may not be statistically significant, and it may very well be the effect of the first year adjustments, due to the lack of software refinement. We had someting similar with the new GLA 250, when during the first year of production, customers got hit by the ripple effects of the software errors, until by the end of 2016 most fixes were found and done, and the complaints went away.
Old 10-15-2018, 12:14 AM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by B25Nut
"Aggravated folks always are more inclined to post than happy folks". So true. People with significant issues are in a small minority here, but they seem to be the ones giving an out of proportion number of reviews on Edmunds. It would be nice if more people here took the time to post thorough reviews there to overshadow the negative (https://www.edmunds.com/acura/rdx/20...sumer-reviews/). One recent reviewer complained about a lack of power, which immediately puts their credibility into question. I would like more women to post reviews. My wife loves her RDX, and she had to take a huge jump in adapting to the new technology since she went from a 2006 to a 2019. This was a worry for me, since she has a very hard time adjusting to the 21st Century in other areas. Acura has done 98% of everything right with the 2019 RDX. That's above my expectations with any vehicle.
B25Nut-Thank you! It is indeed a great accomplishment for ACURA to produce the 2019 RDX at the 98% perfection level. And the 3G RDX is a 21 st Century car, no doubt.
Old 10-15-2018, 01:50 AM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by mechonit

RDX10-I am with you. Their negative comments may not be statistically significant, and it may very well be the effect of the first year adjustments, due to the lack of software refinement. We had someting similar with the new GLA 250, when during the first year of production, customers got hit by the ripple effects of the software errors, until by the end of 2016 most fixes were found and done, and the complaints went away.
That's exactly what it is, Acura has been running a nav system that was very very old for a long long time. The 2019 RDX represents a whole bunch of firsts for Acura. Things like panoramic sunroof, HUD, the touch pad interface, the 10 speed automatic with SH-AWD...etc. I believe that by the end of the year Acura will hopefully have sorted out a majority of the software issues and if all the issues are software related, then it's awesome because those are the easiest to fix right.

Forums by nature tend to be disproportionately skewed towards the negative. 99%+ of the population don't even go on forums and a majority of those on forums are their to complain. Take everything you read with a grain of salt...but also recognize that some of what people say on here is true. I.e the early 2000s were a VERY bad time for Acura automatic transmissions and that's mentioned a lot on here. You just kind of have to wade through the info haha.
Old 10-15-2018, 09:04 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 1,092 Likes on 714 Posts
Originally Posted by RDX10
That's exactly what it is, Acura has been running a nav system that was very very old for a long long time. The 2019 RDX represents a whole bunch of firsts for Acura. Things like panoramic sunroof, HUD, the touch pad interface, the 10 speed automatic with SH-AWD...etc. I believe that by the end of the year Acura will hopefully have sorted out a majority of the software issues and if all the issues are software related, then it's awesome because those are the easiest to fix right.

Forums by nature tend to be disproportionately skewed towards the negative. 99%+ of the population don't even go on forums and a majority of those on forums are their to complain. Take everything you read with a grain of salt...but also recognize that some of what people say on here is true. I.e the early 2000s were a VERY bad time for Acura automatic transmissions and that's mentioned a lot on here. You just kind of have to wade through the info haha.
Another issue I find on forums is that if you defend your purchase "too much", you get labeled as a fanboy/non-caring/etc. if you don't sympathize enough with those that are having issues. It's like this on all the automotive forums I've been a part of.
Old 10-16-2018, 01:32 AM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by Stew4HD
Another issue I find on forums is that if you defend your purchase "too much", you get labeled as a fanboy/non-caring/etc. if you don't sympathize enough with those that are having issues. It's like this on all the automotive forums I've been a part of.
Lol you're always going to have man babies on all forums you go too. There is a couple on here too, no exceptions. I personally just say what I want to say and don't worry what they have to say about it.
The following users liked this post:
Stew4HD (10-16-2018)