2019 RDX Color Options

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2018, 07:34 AM
NJT

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
2019 RDX Color Options

I think the new RDX looks stunning in the red shade displayed at the NAIAS, but wondered what other colors people think will look good on the newly designed RDX. My top choice is still white.

Here is a link to a Vtec thread where one of the guys there (HondaTLover) does some great photoshopping work and came up with several color variations. I thought I would share that here with all of you.

The Temple of VTEC - Honda and Acura Enthusiasts Online Forums > Photoshops > > Re: RDX recolors
The following 2 users liked this post by James Wilson:
idgystinks (06-02-2018), Timmy18 (01-19-2018)
Old 01-17-2018, 11:27 AM
7th Gear

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
I love the vibrant blue color. The white is really pretty though, too. I agree that the prototype red is stunning. I'll be coming from a 2008 Carbon Bronze Pearl Acura TL (original owner) if I choose the new RDX and want something with more color and a little less neutral.

Thanks for sharing the thread from the other forum.
Old 01-17-2018, 11:45 AM
NJT

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by PanAnna
I love the vibrant blue color. The white is really pretty though, too. I agree that the prototype red is stunning. I'll be coming from a 2008 Carbon Bronze Pearl Acura TL (original owner) if I choose the new RDX and want something with more color and a little less neutral.

Thanks for sharing the thread from the other forum.
Electric blue is great too. If you click on each photo it will actually open a new window with a larger photo. I feel like a vibrant green color could look nice on this too. Not too neon and not too emerald, but a nice sporty shade.
Old 01-18-2018, 10:19 AM
Intermediate

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Hopefully Acura is following HondaTLover. Those would be some amazing color options.
Old 01-18-2018, 07:42 PM
mrgold35

Received 1,508 Likes on 1,176 Posts
That is more color options for one vehicle compared all other colors combined in the last 20 years. I hope they give us the option of any exterior color with any interior color.
Old 01-21-2018, 03:15 PM
Azine Jabroni

Received 2,158 Likes on 1,386 Posts
Acura should man up and release this is San Marino/Performance red. The basque red pearl is just such a let down.
Old 01-23-2018, 08:37 AM
Instructor

Received 39 Likes on 27 Posts
I was at the auto show on saturday and the rep said the car will not be offered in the red displayed on the prototype.
Old 01-25-2018, 02:43 AM
8th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I don't think the white accentuates all the body detailing that really makes the 2019 pop. If any one of silver blue, shrapnal silver, racing green, kona coffee, or deep ocean is included in 2019, they got me. Can't wait to see new color and wheel combinations!
Old 01-25-2018, 02:56 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 870 Likes on 666 Posts
Originally Posted by kurtatx
Acura should man up and release this is San Marino/Performance red. The basque red pearl is just such a let down.
I’m pretty sure san marino red is going to be available seeing as how it is available on the MDX and RLX which I honestly don’t see much people going for red on the MDX and RLX. I don’t like basque red at all.
Old 02-04-2018, 05:07 PM
3rd Gear

I can't tell you how many times we've skipped over Honda/Acura simply because of color choices. My wife currently has her new car choice narrowed down to a few vehicles, but is now thinking about waiting on the '19 RDX to arrive. She originally said she didn't want another Acura (currently has MDX) just because she wants something different and doesn't like any of the colors. If they're not offering the reveal color as someone mentioned above, then I highly doubt she'll be interested in waiting. Seems silly to show it in that color and plaster it all over their website. Apparently they know it's a desirable color or they woldn't show it....unlike their plain San Marino red and the Basque "red" purple. See Mazda's Soul Red for inspiration.
Old 02-04-2018, 05:43 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by skinny2
I can't tell you how many times we've skipped over Honda/Acura simply because of color choices. My wife currently has her new car choice narrowed down to a few vehicles, but is now thinking about waiting on the '19 RDX to arrive. She originally said she didn't want another Acura (currently has MDX) just because she wants something different and doesn't like any of the colors. If they're not offering the reveal color as someone mentioned above, then I highly doubt she'll be interested in waiting. Seems silly to show it in that color and plaster it all over their website. Apparently they know it's a desirable color or they woldn't show it....unlike their plain San Marino red and the Basque "red" purple. See Mazda's Soul Red for inspiration.
A lot of us are saying that same thing, that the Mazda soul red looks a lot like that red color Acura is using on all it’s concepts. However that same red color is a $6000 upgrade on the NSX and Acura has already stated it will not be available on the RDX. I don’t understand why they can’t replicate that mazda color at say a reasonable $500 upgrade. Many people really like it and it’s obvious they keep using it for their prototypes so they know people like it. I aso agree, basque “red” is an awful color. I do however really like san marino red and that would be my pick for this next gen RDX.

I think Acura is waking up and offering more color variety because you can only have silver, gold, grey, white, and black for so long. The TLX now offers a very nice blue and all models except the current RDX offer san marino red. The new TLX also has a very nice bright red interior option. I doubt we’ll see an RDX with red interior but I can see the current TLX color pallete making its’ way to the 2019 RDX. I doubt we’ll see any other bold color choices.
Old 02-05-2018, 12:17 PM
3rd Gear

Originally Posted by RDX10
I think Acura is waking up and offering more color variety because you can only have silver, gold, grey, white, and black for so long. The TLX now offers a very nice blue and all models except the current RDX offer san marino red. The new TLX also has a very nice bright red interior option.
Bright flat red like San Marino is kind of a dangerous choice for a premium SUV's. Any SUV actually, as a flat red looks like a fire truck in a taller boxy vehicle. Historically that shade is not taken in large numbers and usually hurts you at trade-in. Audi Q3 has a bright red but it's a Pearl and Porsche Macan has Carmine Red which is a terrific color, but neither of those vehicles look anything like an actual SUV. Beyond that I can't think of any other (premium crossovers) that have a bright red option. Land Rover offers over 50 colors for the Range Rover and not a single bright red.

I don't think I've seen the Radiant Red Metallic they're using on the Accord but in pictures it looks like it has more depth than the San Marino. A very dark metallic blue would be welcome for the RDX as well.
Old 02-09-2018, 03:12 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by skinny2
Bright flat red like San Marino is kind of a dangerous choice for a premium SUV's. Any SUV actually, as a flat red looks like a fire truck in a taller boxy vehicle. Historically that shade is not taken in large numbers and usually hurts you at trade-in. Audi Q3 has a bright red but it's a Pearl and Porsche Macan has Carmine Red which is a terrific color, but neither of those vehicles look anything like an actual SUV. Beyond that I can't think of any other (premium crossovers) that have a bright red option. Land Rover offers over 50 colors for the Range Rover and not a single bright red.

I don't think I've seen the Radiant Red Metallic they're using on the Accord but in pictures it looks like it has more depth than the San Marino. A very dark metallic blue would be welcome for the RDX as well.

I can’t say I agree with your logic. Nobody should be mixing up a suv with a firetruck lol. But I do agree that picking any bold color hurts resale value except on more exotic cars or if you find someone who actually likes it (I really want a san marino red RDX myself). As for SUV’s that come in red, you also missed BMW SUV’s that come in Imola red and Mercedes SUV’s that come in hyacinth red. The MDX also comes in san marino red. Yes I agree the take rate is low but that actually makes me like it more.

Wait the range rover really has over 50 color choices? I knew it was a lot (like 15) but over 50? Damn!!

I agree the RDX would look really good in a deep metallic blue. Fingers crossed we don’t get black, white, silver, grey, and burgundy again.
The following users liked this post:
PanAnna (02-09-2018)
Old 03-01-2018, 01:03 PM
Advanced

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
When purchasing a premium/ luxury vehicle which Acura claims to be, one wants a choice of colors, both exterior and interior, that they are not going to see on every second Honda Civic. I did read that for 2019, Acura was going to be offering more interior color choices. My guess is that they will be offering a red or perhaps brown interior offered in the MDX - but that is only a guess. It is only a color so won't would they not offer something if it meant they would sell more of the vehicles? Lexus and Audi are t much better! When it comes to classy colors, one need not look any further than BMW or Mercedes Benz what with their silver or metallic grey exteriors with cream or tan interiors. Certainly do not find those color combinations in Civics!
Old 03-01-2018, 01:13 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by FreddyBeach
When purchasing a premium/ luxury vehicle which Acura claims to be, one wants a choice of colors, both exterior and interior, that they are not going to see on every second Honda Civic. I did read that for 2019, Acura was going to be offering more interior color choices. My guess is that they will be offering a red or perhaps brown interior offered in the MDX - but that is only a guess. It is only a color so won't would they not offer something if it meant they would sell more of the vehicles? Lexus and Audi are t much better! When it comes to classy colors, one need not look any further than BMW or Mercedes Benz what with their silver or metallic grey exteriors with cream or tan interiors. Certainly do not find those color combinations in Civics!
The current RDX offers beige, black, and grey leather interiors (though with only certain exterior colors) so I agree 100% that they need more interior color options. I’d love to see a saddle interior option and a red leather option like on the TLX.

The other thing is that they need to dress up the leather options as well. For example Ford, Kia, and Jeep offer leather with diamond quilting (not to mention Audi, Infiniti, Mercedes...etc) on some of their models and the flat leather with perforations isn’t cutting it anymore. Hyundai just released the new 2019 santa fe and it has ruffled leather on the upper back portion which even looks better than plain flat seats.

I understand that with Acura being so small they are somewhat limited but if you are going to offer a few options make sure those options stand out.
Old 03-01-2018, 01:55 PM
Advanced

RDX10 - I agree with your comments/ points of view. Some manufacturers have also been offering massage feature for the driver's seat for a few years now. Acura may be smaller but they do not have to be BIG any more because a lot of the vehicle is manufactured off-site. Takata use to make the air bags. Panasonic makes or did make the sound system. Someone else manufacturers the alloy wheels, etc., etc. All Acura has to do is have their designers come up with what they want/colors/ specs and have another company manufacture the seats and interior door panels etc. Whatever form the 2019 RDX takes when it shows up on dealer's lots this summer will be what we get for the next 3 years when there may be a bit of a refresh. I also noticed in the dash of the 2019 RDX and the newly revised 2018 Honda Accord that there are no CD feature, so I guess the CD player is going the way of the 8-track player.
Old 03-01-2018, 03:50 PM
Instructor

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts
RDX10 - I agree with your comments/ points of view. I also noticed in the dash of the 2019 RDX and the newly revised 2018 Honda Accord that there are no CD feature, so I guess the CD player is going the way of the 8-track player.
I'm pretty sure you're right about this unfortunately...your own music will be played via a USB stick. Interestingly, one of the videos from Detroit shows the new dashboard screen in DVD-A mode. Have to figure that one out, since I have a few DVD-A discs.
Old 03-01-2018, 06:01 PM
Suzuka Master

RDX10 - I agree with your comments/ points of view. Some manufacturers have also been offering massage feature for the driver's seat for a few years now. Acura may be smaller but they do not have to be BIG any more because a lot of the vehicle is manufactured off-site. Takata use to make the air bags. Panasonic makes or did make the sound system. Someone else manufacturers the alloy wheels, etc., etc. All Acura has to do is have their designers come up with what they want/colors/ specs and have another company manufacture the seats and interior door panels etc. Whatever form the 2019 RDX takes when it shows up on dealer's lots this summer will be what we get for the next 3 years when there may be a bit of a refresh. I also noticed in the dash of the 2019 RDX and the newly revised 2018 Honda Accord that there are no CD feature, so I guess the CD player is going the way of the 8-track player.
Yes 100% agreed and this is exactly what I meant about if they are going to offer only a few options, then they need to make certain those options are very good and stand out. I mean hell they could even try some 2-tone color options which means they can re-use certain parts. Like a tan dash with black seats and grey lower materials and black upper materials...etc. Give some visual interest.

Originally Posted by cheffip
I'm pretty sure you're right about this unfortunately...your own music will be played via a USB stick. Interestingly, one of the videos from Detroit shows the new dashboard screen in DVD-A mode. Have to figure that one out, since I have a few DVD-A discs.
I don’t think the CD is dead just yet. But it’s definitely on the way out. Jeep makes it a $200 option that completely takes up the center console storage. In the case of this RDX, it’s possible the player is in a spot that isn’t expected, I doubt Acura would cut out a CD player completely because that could hurt sales. Maybe even the player is there on lower trims not sure.
Old 03-09-2018, 04:24 PM
GTF
Advanced

Received 20 Likes on 9 Posts
I have been buying Acuras off and on since my 1990 Phoenix Red Legend Coupe) ...(I'm old). I am partial to Reds & white, and when I saw the new RDX finally in a great red metallic, it became an option to consider for 2019. Plus SH-AWD, which I had on a 2008 and 2010 MDX....best AWD on market IMO.I'm also hoping they tune the 2.0 to at least 280 hp, since 306 hp is available on the Civic R. I bought the 2010 MDX in Basque Red....though it would grow on me. It didn't. I can't believe Acura would show the RDX in a color that would not be available. My neighbor bought an X-3 instead of an RDX just because of the red color.
Old 03-09-2018, 05:02 PM
There are four lights!

Received 215 Likes on 124 Posts
If anyone knows the Atomic Silver color on the Lexus models, that's the color I want Acura to copy. Such a sexy color. I also like the Tungsten Metallic found on the Outback/Legacy - kind of is it gold or silver depending on the light. After two reds and a blue, I'm thinking of going back to a silver color for the next. The blue on the TLX A-Spec is really nice too so it will be a toss up between the two.
Old 03-09-2018, 10:21 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 276 Likes on 180 Posts
Kia has offers some color options on the Stinger. The Deep Chroma Blue is particularly fetching.

Old 03-20-2018, 12:05 PM
4th Gear

Received 6 Likes on 1 Post
Just got this from my dealer:

And it is confirmed that we will have an A-SPEC trim level (similar to the TLX A-SPEC) on launch. No delayed release of the A-SPEC is great news indeed! In addition, we do have some more information about colors, trim levels, and release date.

1] First things first . . . we now have a list of colors, and there are FIVE new paintwork colors for the 2019 RDX:

- Apex Blue Pearl
- Majestic Black Pearl
- Performance Red Pearl
- Canyon Bronze Metallic
- Gunmetal Metallic
- Modern Steel Metallic
- Lunar Silver Metallic
- White Diamond Pearl
- Fathom Blue Pearl

And . . . in addition to the upholstery colors we have today (Ebony, Parchment, Graystone), Acura has added the heavily-requested Espresso to certain trims, and a Red Leather option with the A-SPEC trim package! (NOTE: Not all interior colors will be available with all exterior colors or trim packages.)

2] The 2019 RDX will have the same 3 trims available: Base, Technology, and Advance. However, as stated above, Acura has added the A-SPEC trim package! And now all trims will be available with the newest generation of Acura's award-winning Super-Handling All Wheel Drive (SH-AWD) - which has not been available on the RDX since 2012 model year.

3] Last but not least: release timeline. Acura is now saying 2019 RDXs will hit the ground in June 2018.

We still don't have exact pricing for the trims and options yet, but we don't expect them to be dramatically different than RDX trim pricing today.
The following 6 users liked this post by Subpar:
Boltface (03-21-2018), HotRodW (03-20-2018), JeffS (03-20-2018), RDL1 (04-07-2018), Rocket_man (03-29-2018), TSX69 (05-30-2018) and 1 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 03-20-2018, 12:19 PM
Nom-nom-nom!!!

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts
Apex Blue Pearl and Gunmetal Metallic sounds interesting.
Old 03-20-2018, 12:56 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by Subpar
Holy hell this just made my day!!! Racing red and apex blue sound awesome! I cannot wait to see what they look like!! But I don’t know if I am more excited about the exterior color options or that THEY FINALLY HAVE RED AND ESPRESSO INTERIOR OPTIONS!!! WHEEEEUUUUU. Finally!! Very very very excited about the new RDX. Very happy with what Acura is doing!
Old 03-20-2018, 01:47 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by Subpar
OMG. New interior colours!!! This is amazing!!!!!!! I'm like 99% sure I'm pre-ordering this bad boy once all details are released! So excited (my wife says that I'm obsessed...) lol
Old 03-20-2018, 01:50 PM
Instructor

i noticed the majestic black pearl is the one available on the RLX. Anyone have any comments on how it looks compared to other blacks?
Old 03-20-2018, 01:57 PM
MTD
Racer

Received 111 Likes on 59 Posts
I wonder if that info is from the USA or Canada?
Old 03-20-2018, 02:21 PM
Advanced

I do believe that the info applies to USA models, however it does give us an indication for what the choices Canadian models will offer. Red appears that it will be an exclusive interior color for the A-SPEC.and the A-SPEC will probably be a few thousand dollar option on top of the package you choose (TECH or ELITE). My guess is that the espresso interior will also be a color exclusive to the TECH and ELITE packages, or perhaps only the ELITE package. I say this based on the Canadian MDX models.
Old 03-20-2018, 05:42 PM
4th Gear

Received 6 Likes on 1 Post
I do believe that the info applies to USA models
This is for the USA models. For the espresso the salesman told me it’s going to be the same as the current gen tlx where only certain exterior colors get paired with espresso for both tech and advanced pacakages.
Old 03-20-2018, 05:48 PM
Burning Brakes

I wonder if it's the S2000's Apex Blue Pearl? I can't imagine they'd reuse the name for a different hue. It's not my thing, but it's a cool color. Definitely attention-grabbing.

PanAnna (03-20-2018)
Old 03-20-2018, 06:02 PM
Advanced

"Espresso" would be a USA color on the TLX. In Canada it is called "Saddle Brown" and is available on the upper "Elite" package of the 2018 TLX in addition to the upper "Tech" and "Elite" trim levels of the MDX. It is going to be great to have another choice other than parchment and black interiors!
Old 03-20-2018, 06:29 PM
7th Gear

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by HotRodW
I wonder if it's the S2000's Apex Blue Pearl? I can't imagine they'd reuse the name for a different hue. It's not my thing, but it's a cool color. Definitely attention-grabbing.

I’ll be disappointed if the RDX color choice winds up being the same blue as in the photo. It’s not my thing either. I really wanted blue this time around but not this.
The following 2 users liked this post by PanAnna:
a35tl (03-21-2018), HotRodW (03-20-2018)
Old 03-20-2018, 06:53 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by PanAnna

I’ll be disappointed if the RDX color choice winds up being the same blue as in the photo. It’s not my thing either. I really wanted blue this time around but not this.
Agreed, this was not what I had in mind when I imagined Apex blue. Really hope it is it isn’t because this is gross (sorry to anyone who liked it).
Old 03-20-2018, 06:54 PM
Burning Brakes

^ If it is the same, I won't be surprised if Apex is reserved for the A-SPEC trim. It might be difficult to get, too. Dealers tend to shy away from bold and/or polarizing colors.
Old 03-21-2018, 02:11 PM
Advanced

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts
I'm very interested in the '19 RDX. Looks like it is the top of our shopping list right now. It will keep our '05 MDX company. I keep seeing you guys talking about the A-Spec Trim level. Can someone point me to a description of what that is?

Thanks
Old 03-21-2018, 03:40 PM
There are four lights!

Received 215 Likes on 124 Posts
Originally Posted by Boltface
I'm very interested in the '19 RDX. Looks like it is the top of our shopping list right now. It will keep our '05 MDX company. I keep seeing you guys talking about the A-Spec Trim level. Can someone point me to a description of what that is?

Thanks
Basically sporty visual bling with a sportier suspension (toggled via the adaptive dampers I presume). Think Lexus F-Sport or BMW M-Sport.
Boltface (03-22-2018)
Old 03-21-2018, 05:17 PM
Instructor

Or you can look at tlx a-spec to get an idea.
Boltface (03-22-2018)
Old 03-21-2018, 08:43 PM
Advanced

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts
OK, Thanks I get the picture. March 28 should be interesting.
Old 03-22-2018, 12:18 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 869 Likes on 413 Posts
"Espresso" would be a USA color on the TLX. In Canada it is called "Saddle Brown" and is available on the upper "Elite" package of the 2018 TLX in addition to the upper "Tech" and "Elite" trim levels of the MDX. It is going to be great to have another choice other than parchment and black interiors!
My Canadian 2016 TLX 2.4 Tech has Espresso leather. As you said, now they call it saddle brown, but I'm not sure it's identical. My next vehicle may be the RDX, as I am impressed with what Acura is doing. Mind you, if the 2020 TLX incorporates the same changes, I may stay a sedan guy. In the meantime, I am heartily enjoying my TLX!
Old 03-23-2018, 02:47 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by TSX_831
Apex Blue Pearl and Gunmetal Metallic sounds interesting.
Gunmetal Metallic is available on the CRV. It's a dark charcoal gray color.

Quick Reply: 2019 RDX Color Options